Most realistic base roster?

zoo

From interviews suggesting some popular and guest fighters will not return and what people on this site are saying..
assuming they're staying in the 25 range this is what I came up with.

doa6 roster.jpg

To not make this thread pointless feel free to come up with a strictly 25 character roster
At the end of the day we can't really predict TN so it's all in good fun!

Boogie

pretty much accurate, but i can't foresee them leaving out momiji, leon and rachel.
there was an uproar with leon not being part of the main roster last game, i doubt that'd make that mistake again. even if they wanna drive DLC sales.

tho i have no clue why they keep gen fu on, i feel like no one ever uses him???

zoo

pretty much accurate, but i can't foresee them leaving out momiji, leon and rachel.
there was an uproar with leon not being part of the main roster last game, i doubt that'd make that mistake again. even if they wanna drive DLC sales.

tho i have no clue why they keep gen fu on, i feel like no one ever uses him???

My reasoning for Gen Fu is mainly his origin with DOA, can't see them removing someone from the first game. Obviously not a clear guarantee by that logic as other series don't always follow this, but it'd feel pretty wrong to remove him. Largest case against him would be for story reasons.

Leon is just.. idk probably the least talked about character I find, I actually didn't know people clamored for him in 5 so that's news to me. Zero plot relevance, little to no relationships with other characters, dull aesthetic imo.. but I respect him as an early DOA character and the fact that he's an Italian dude. But tbh I have little knowledge on his gameplay or how high he ranks on tiers so if that's why then I totally get it

I REAAALY want momiji back but I think DLC is expected with them, after all her and rachel aren't true "DOA characters." Momiji being in xtreme could hold some weight since it shows they're starting to merge more NG into the DOA name

KwonJigglypuff

It would be sad to see Leon get cut, especially since DOA5 made him feel more unique (he is not just a mix of Bayman and Mila). I wish he could even get the option to use his Dervish Throw from an opponent on the air.

Diego is more urban and Leon is really from a different universe. Just tie him to the story (Donovan threatening to revive Lauren as a weapon if he refuses to be his bodyguard). I would love to see more of Leon's melancholy, and his relation to Bayman. So much potential!

Eventually, just make his red coat his default costume, with a white/gold and military green recolor. His genie costume from DOA2 should make the cut as well, to put emphasis on his background.

Last edited:

Crext

Standard Donor
I don't think Gen Fu or Brad Wong will make it. I predict Momiji will replace one of them, and the other will be P4 or Cyborg Raidou depending on story (we need more bad guys).

Gen Fu also breaks the balance of the game, so it's much easier for them to just get rid of him rather than trying to tune him in, which they kinda failed to do in DoA5 by leaving him as is.

Leifang

Before anyone grab their pitchforks and come after me, hear me out. I personally feel Kokoro might be in trouble. In DOA4 she had the urge for fighting even though she’s a Geshia. Her mom, didn’t like it due to the dark secrets behind DOATEC, but respected her daughter wishes. During the tournament Kokoro stumbles across Helena and finds out she’s her half sister. In DOA5 Kokoro wanted to meet Helena again and talk to her once more and she did. Pretty much her goal is completed. So yeah, in terms of story, Kokoro fans should be very nervous. Mr Shimbori said the characters are returning base on Storytelling not popularity. I’m surprised no one ever thought of that. Also People adding her story with Helena would seem pretty force and unnatural. Another thing, I don’t think Helena would want Kokoro involved in such drama.

KwonJigglypuff

So 25 characters...
14 already confirmed...
11 remaining...

My hopes : :La Mariposa::tina::bass::mila::eliot::genfu::bradwong::kokoro::christie::leon: + new girl

Raidou, Ein, Momiji and Rachel can come later (like Nyotengu and Phase 4).

Pn33milan

CONFIRMED
Kasumi
Hayabusa
Hayate
Helena
Zack
Jann Lee
Rig
Diego
Hitomi
Leifang
Ayane
Marie Rose
Honoka
Bayman

REMAINING BASE ROSTER
New female character
Christie
Tina
Kokoro
Eliot
Bass
Brad wong
Lisa
Mila
Gen fu
Raidou

DLCs
Nyotengu (pre-order bonus)
Phase 4 (deluxe edition)
Momiji
Rachel
Leon
Ein

I don't mean those characters HAVE to be DLCs, but i find them the most likely to be

KwonJigglypuff

Raidou can still be in the story and be DLC as a playable character after.
I'd say Leon is a priority. He has been in more games.

Nyotengu and Phase 4 can still appear in the story as well.

KwonJigglypuff

On another note, I know (despite Shimbori stating the contrary) that priority is given to characters based on how much they are used (offline + online), but this is not fair for Leon. He had a shitty costume selection in DOA5 and no purpose in the game. He was just a ghost to appease to the fans.
I'm sure that if they considered marketing him more seriously in this game, he would be more popular.

Pn33milan

That's precisely my point: I always had the impression TN didn't care about him enough.

I'm not a fan, for sure, but I think they shouldn't waste time for something they don't care, becuase they would end up pissing off even fans -_-

zoo

My guess is maybe a trailer with Tina/Bass/Mila and maybe Lisa next? they all fit in the same storyline somewhat.

Tina def should be soon though, I mean she's the last remaining og female

P2p1mbs

Having 25 characters on release (if true) give me hope that Tina will be in but I want to be ready to be disappointed if she isnt. I'm probably just being too pessimistic...

I kinda also hope Rachel and Momiji are in the base release since we now know Phase 4 and Nyotengu wont be in at the start. Those 2 deserve to be in more than the other 2.

KwonJigglypuff

With Momiji and Rachel being big NG icons, I believe they could be used as promotion DLC for NG4 (provided they appear in it).

And I don't mean to be rude @P2p1mbs but the Tengu Princess and Kasumi Clone 4 are more deserving imo, as they actually are original DOA characters.

Anyway, we could have some surprises... Gen Fu could have died since DOA5 story, Eliot would have inherited his style (a clue is Honoka's 2P+K which have both Eliot and Gen Fu's options as follow-ups). This would make room to both Leon and Raidou... Gen Fu's death would actually be sad, but that would free Eliot from getting the everlasting "apprentice" storyline. And he would be in charge of Mei Lin.

Pn33milan

Tina is a given one. Tina and Bayman are probably the main grapplers of the game.

I expect Bass and Mila as well, while Lisa may be left among the last ones, to build up expectations for her story developlment.

Momiji and Rachel... Honestly, I expected Momiji as pre-order bonus XD

Rachel... I don't know. I put them both as DLC, imagining a somewhat "Ninja gaiden" themed bundle XD

Momiji would be well-accepted at launch, while Rachel was basically played only by the competitive scene, but I feel like they both are not the immediate priority for Team Ninja :(

UpSideDownGRUNT

Having 25 characters on release (if true) give me hope that Tina will be in but I want to be ready to be disappointed if she isnt. I'm probably just being too pessimistic...

I kinda also hope Rachel and Momiji are in the base release since we now know Phase 4 and Nyotengu wont be in at the start. Those 2 deserve to be in more than the other 2.
25 at least is confirmed thanks to the Deluxe Edition having 25 costumes. Unless theres characters that get 2 instead of one we're guaranteed at least 25.

zoo

Updated roster
nyo is dlc so perhaps the standard roster will have less? or leon could take her spot?? no clue but it's all coming full circle

doa6 roster1.jpg

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD