Moves you (almost) never use

Codemaster92163

Whether they're bad, outclassed, or you simply don't like them, what moves don't you use, and why?

WR :4::P: - Very rarely do I use this move, mostly because the stun is weak, it can be finicky, and doesn't provide anything (other than slight evasion) that her other high crushes don't already offer.

:H+K: - There's no reason for me not to throw it in my rotation a bit more. Well, I guess there is one reason. if they low counter, you're kind of screwed due to how slow it is and the recovery. Still, it's a good stun and leaves you in BT, so it's definitely not the worst move there is.

:6::H+K: - If ever there was a near worthless move, it's this kick right here. It's not uncounterable or unblockable, so it's not really different from other moves. It provides a terrible launch (even after Clvl3, it's still not better than the faster :3::H+K:), and doesn't even have the rebound properties it had in VF. Other than in tag, this move is pretty terrible, and not in the "oh, you're just not looking hard enough" way, but the legit, it's bad-bad, way.

The second punch of WR :P::P: - I just don't see a use for it, really. It's only real benefit is for a wall splat, but why would I risk 2 mid punches in a row instead of just going for :3::P+K:? This is a case where it's just outclassed by other moves IMO.

:P::K: - I use this more than the other moves, but I really shouldn't. The stun is bad, leaving you little to use as a followup if your opponent can SE (basically only a jab if they can do it on fastest) and the stun isn't even deep enough to get you anything in BKT if they SE on fastest. I only use it because a lot of people are pretty meh at SE and it looks cool when transitioning into BKT, but otherwise, I leave this move alone for the most part.

:K::K: > Other than using it in Timasty's PL combo (not even the full version) and having once used it after HKS :P: launches instead of :3::3::P::K:, I really see no use for this move. :1::P:, which is also high, has a better launch and comes with built-in evasion. :K: is a pretty poor high launch, and the followup :K: provides absolutely nothing to the player. I've discussed changes that could be made to this to make it slightly more worthwhile, but for now, it just sits there, looking cool.

:8::K: - Now it's not that I never use it, it's just very, VERY rare). Mostly just as a means of punishing low WUKs for a wall splat and a chance to counter hit their mid WUK as well. That, and crushing obvious lows when I'm low on health for, again, the wall splat. Other than that, I leave :8::K: alone.

:8::P: - Probably just above :K::K: and just below WR :4::P: in terms of usage, I never see a reason to use :8::P:. It's great that it stuns on NH, but how often will you ever land this punch in that fashion? Not only is it slow with worse recovery than her standard jab, but it's even outclassed by other highs like :6::4::P: and :6::6::K:, the latter of which I also rarely use (though I do use it).

:7::K: - In the same boat as :6::H+K:, this move is almost worthless. Just as :6::H+K: is the poor man's version of :6::6::H+K:, :7::K: is the poor man's version of :7::H+K:. Just...slightly less bad, since there's actually a niche use for it. While it lacks the evasion, damage, range and pushback that its bigger brother has, it can - very rarely - work as a wall splat that enables :4::6::H+K: to land afterwards. Well, I shouldn't say rarely, but it's certainly not easy to do consistently. Still, it at least shows that it can do something most other moves can't, so I won't say it's quite as worthless or outclassed as :6::H+K:.

WR :K: - Other than using it in a PL combo, there's no real use for it. It's more difficult to use than a standard :3::H+K: launch with worse height, and simply doesn't provide anything other midkicks can't do. I only ever use this move, as I said, in my PL combo or on accident. It's pretty damn bad.

The second punch in :6::4::P::P: - This is just an example of something I don't really care for. It's not terrible, it's not useless, it's not outclassed. It's just something I don't care to use.

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD