"My sisters want to **** me!" - The Official Hayate Thread

TRI Mike

A lot of time has passed since the Alpha Demo and most of us have already stopped playing it because we know that the things that make DOA5 a new game aren't there except for SS but out of the four guys in the demo, I liked Hayate the most. But he felt incomplete. His wind dash thing was completely useless just like his 44P+K which was too slow in my opinion.

So, for anyone who has given him a hand in the latest builds: How has he changed¿ Did they add anything besides more wind dashes¿ is he safer¿ is he a good character at all¿ I dunno, I just don't feel the ninjas (except Kasumi) have gotten much attention here in FreeStepDodge and I'm kinda curious about Hayate.

Ah. If the thread titles is breaking any rules or anything, feel free to change it mods.

TakedaZX

Just telling from the looks of things he seems... better. I haven't been able to make it out to these tournaments so i can't tell you about frame data, but I can tell you what I've seen.

From a personal stand point, in the changes here's what I feel.

• the new pppp string may be useful, and the chargeable punch only helps, and I don't know if holding it changes the height, but looking at it, it seems so. Otherwise it's hhmm
  • pp6(p) is a really good change up. I like it, but i don't know if you can finish it as pp6(p)p or pp6(p)k with it.
  • pp6pk is now hhmh, so unless the 3rd hit jails, the last hit can be ducked, but if you think about it, if pp6(p)k is available, that means the 3rd hit needs to be held, which could call for people to panic hold to early which will land easily, or break their held block right into the last kick. This would be good, offering a guaranteed follow up to the block breaker whether you free cancel it or not, assuming it gives advantage.
  • 4p6p_pp4p6p, great addition, it's mm_hhmm, so now there's 3 options.
  • 3pp is nice but it seems useless outside of the stun game to combos, and it's a mid mid i think, which would be easy to hold.
  • In doa4, his 236f~k was his mid kick from dead or alive 3, only in motion. Well now it's back to being stationary. It crushes pretty well so it's useful. But now 236f~2k is lost, which was my favorite move for Hayate, INFACT it was the first move to get me interested in playing Hayate.
  • My opinion of his new wind dash is: More useful, and tactical... but it really hurts to lose 236f~2k.
  • Last but not least, 3f+kkp, and 214ppp_214ppk didn't receive any change ups. I understand it might make him OP, so it's fine, but it's disappointing.
  • His Advance Hold is Beautiful
  • Raijin was reverted back to it's DOA3 counter part(or the version that happens when a person hits the ceiling when you do it.
Hayate is my main. The things they've added to him are worth mentioning and will bring him up, but i'm just gunna have to get over the loss of the old Hayate-Gake. It's obsolete.

Overall, I think you're gunna have an alright time with him.

Chaos

I agree of what TakedaZX said, the lost of Hayate's 236f~2k really hurts and it really pisses me off. :mad: But I will main him as long as TN doesn't nerf him...AGAIN!

Allan Paris

DOA5 Hayate is terrible. If he doesn't change before launch he will be one of the worst characters in the game. Everything about him is DOA4. The mere fact that I have been beating people with him offline in DOA5 is because of me. Every fight that I had against someone that knew the game was an up hill battle.

He is very unsafe.

His wind dash is a pure gimmick.

The charge attacks in his string are all mid and they can't be canceled.

On defense and offense he has to play DOA4, excluding the SS that has been added to DOA5.

He does have a 2in1 (9PP). It's pretty good

His command SS 2 or 8 P+k was godlike in the alpha build. Now it is mediocre, it will SS in a full 360 degrees depending the moves he SS. Any attack that's leads the opponent in forward progression and not too far out his punch range he can get to the opponents back. Moves like dragon kick leads to far away from him if he steps it.

He may be the only character that can CB in 4 hits and all of the hits including the 1st one is guaranteed.

His 6PK is safe.

They gave his punch back from his 3F+KK string.

He has a GB punch from his dash that leaves him at a +7 but he can't get anything guaranteed from it.

Most of his moves have changed hit levels and that will confuse all players when playing against him. But once they learn, he will not seem as good.

Hayate is pretty bad in DOA5, I really hope he gets better. I've actually grown a little attached to him over the past few months. I will still be playing him even if he doesn't get any better. He won't be a main but a character I fool around with.

TakedaZX

DOA5 Hayate is terrible. If he doesn't change before launch he will be one of the worst characters in the game. Everything about him is DOA4. The mere fact that I have been beating people with him offline in DOA5 is because of me. Every fight that I had against someone that knew the game was an up hill battle.
So like. You should definitely check out my other Hayate topic, and tell me what you think, and maybe even give me your ideas too.

TRI Mike

So Allan, according to you he'd share the low tier spot with Brad, Kasumi, Hele and Lisa¿

Doug Nguyen

He is very unsafe.

His wind dash is a pure gimmick.

The charge attacks in his string are all mid and they can't be canceled.

On defense and offense he has to play DOA4, excluding the SS that has been added to DOA5.

He does have a 2in1 (9PP). It's pretty good

His command SS 2 or 8 P+k was godlike in the alpha build. Now it is mediocre, it will SS in a full 360 degrees depending the moves he SS. Any attack that's leads the opponent in forward progression and not too far out his punch range he can get to the opponents back. Moves like dragon kick leads to far away from him if he steps it.

He may be the only character that can CB in 4 hits and all of the hits including the 1st one is guaranteed.

His 6PK is safe.

They gave his punch back from his 3F+KK string.

He has a GB punch from his dash that leaves him at a +7 but he can't get anything guaranteed from it.

Most of his moves have changed hit levels and that will confuse all players when playing against him. But once they learn, he will not seem as good.

Hayate is pretty bad in DOA5, I really hope he gets better. I've actually grown a little attached to him over the past few months. I will still be playing him even if he doesn't get any better. He won't be a main but a character I fool around with.
Wow that sucks to hear even though i never play as him. I wonder what Mystik thinks of this. She seemed pretty good with him.

TRI Mike

I'm 100% sure Hayate will be able to stand his ground with the rest of the cast. But I'm worried about 2(8)P+K being nerfed. That tool alone was extremely good in the Alpha and in the new DOA5, he would have taken a lot of advantage from it. I hope he ends up being good.

TakedaZX

He just doesn't really seem any better, I mean I'm sure he'll be able to hold his own because of his damage potential, and he did receive a few mixups, I'll give him that, but they're all mid punch additions: 4p6p, ppp(p), 3pp(granted this one is a 2 in 1), and he lost alot too.

Allan Paris

So Allan, according to you he'd share the low tier spot with Brad, Kasumi, Hele and Lisa¿

Kasumi is not low tier. That will be proven very soon. I think it's up in the air for Brad, he just might be mid but at the bottom of mid tier. His new stance needs to be looked into further. He has some good stuff from it. I don't know too much about Lisa, she picked up new tricks as well but watching rabies play with her, she looked the same as 4. Helena at least gets some 3in1 action if she stuns you, which won't be hard to do in DOA. With that alone, it puts her a step above Hayate. Hayate just may be at the very bottom.

He just doesn't really seem any better, I mean I'm sure he'll be able to hold his own because of his damage potential, and he did receive a few mixups, I'll give him that, but they're all mid punch additions: 4p6p, ppp(p), 3pp(granted this one is a 2 in 1), and he lost alot too.

His New mix-ups are laughable. His damage potential is obsolete because you have to play DOA4 the entire time to get to his damage potential. So you'll see how long that will last you in DOA5. Where did you read that his 3PP is a 2in1? It causes a sit down stun but a 2in1? I wouldve abused it if was.

TakedaZX

Kasumi is not low tier. That will be proven very soon. I think it's up in the air for Brad, he just might be mid but at the bottom of mid tier. His new stance needs to be looked into further. He has some good stuff from it. I don't know too much about Lisa, she picked up new tricks as well but watching rabies play with her, she looked the same as 4. Helena at least get some 3in1 action if she stuns you, which won't be hard to do in DOA. With that alone, it puts her a step above Hayate. Hayate just may be at the very bottom.

His New mix-ups are laughable. His damage potential is obsolete because you have to play DOA4 the entire to get to his damage potential. So you'll see how long that will last you in DOA5. Where did you read that his 3PP is a 2in1? It causes a sit down stun but a 2in1? I wouldve abused it if was.
9pp*, my bad. Misread your post. That makes it all the much worse than. None of his stuff looks great. Every one of his wind dash moves have been done before, and isn't his wind dash grab the same animation as his expert hold?

Allan Paris

I don't know what that grab looks like I didn't bother with it. There is video in the media library that shows it in some exhibition matches. 9PP is great against the wall. 2 free hits then a wall juggle. You can cancel the wind dash, bait wait wake up kicks with it, and it is somewhat evasive. but this does not help him run with the better characters.

TakedaZX

Well, looks like Eliot is gunna be my main now. It was a toss up between the two but now, Hayate is gunna take my number two spot. The what's the notation for the wind dash anyway?

Chaos

I don't know what that grab looks like I didn't bother with it. There is video in the media library that shows it in some exhibition matches. 9PP is great against the wall. 2 free hits then a wall juggle. You can cancel the wind dash, bait wait wake up kicks with it, and it is somewhat evasive. but this does not help him run with the better characters.
TN doesn't know what to do with him, same with Helena, so they ending up going retarded mode and nerfing the shit out of them and not saying anything about buffing them. I don't understand how can they be influince by Sega because they don't do dumbass shit like this. Sega and Namco characters gets better & better with each installment. If TN want to make the best fighting game ever
they need to stop the stupid nerfing, start buffing and start listing to the professional DOA players more.

TakedaZX

TN doesn't know what to do with him, same with Helena, so they ending up going retarded mode and nerfing the shit out of them and not saying anything about buffing them. I don't understand how can they be influince by Sega because they don't do dumbass shit like this. Sega and Namco characters gets better & better with each installment. If TN want to make the best fighting game ever
they need to stop the stupid nerfing, start buffing and start listing to the professional DOA players more.
As it stands right now, there's still time till the final build, maybe if they see what were posting or someone here has ties with them, they can voice our opinions on it. Hell, maybe they were already working on it.

ScattereDreams

I didn't like him in the pre-alpha build, but he has improved much since than. Since the pre-alpha build so far they've

-Brought back his 7p back flip
-added a throw to his new wind dash stance
-Allowed him to be able to cancel 4f+k neutrally, or cancel into wind dash stance which will be good for whiif punishing.
-His pp6pk or 6pk ended as a high kick in the pre alpha build and was safe. Now it's back to the normal mid kick, but no clue if its safe.
-Pre-alpha build hayate lost the follow up attack to 3f+k,k. In the later builds he picked back up the punch follow up.
-He's one of the few who can cancel his normal charge attacks.
-They turned his wind dash punch into a guard break.

I would have liked it if they added more uniqueness to Hayate's moveset; IMO he's a very boring character, but has a interesting story plot. Kasumi has flashy teleport combo's, and many sit down stuns from elbow attacks, Ayane is more versatile with her spins being able to cancel some attacks into them. Hayabusa utilizes his ninpo stance more in DOA5. Then there's Hayate; what's his signature? What makes him special? Why would I pick Hayate over the other 3 ninja's? He has a nice stance, but you "DON'T" have to use it.

TRI Mike

He seems fun and interesting to me. But if TN forces him to play the stun game he's gonna struggle a lot.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD