"My sisters want to **** me!" - The Official Hayate Thread

Sir Ellibear

Probably general knowledge, but gonna throw it out in the thread just in case. Raijin ceiling combos gives some nice damage. Again, sorry if this has been mentioned before.

Tested on Helena / Jan Lee:

Raijin Launch - :6::6::P::K: - :3::3::K::K: [Good for finding walls from open spaces]
Raijin Launch - :8::P: - :P::P::P: - :3::3::K::K: [Combo when next to walls]

Also been trying to put the stance mix-up into play on wake up, I usually plant a few grabs before attempting the launch variations as they're unsafe. I feel these may be used in moderation in high level play, time will tell.

TakedaZX

Probably general knowledge, but gonna throw it out in the thread just in case. Raijin ceiling combos gives some nice damage. Again, sorry if this has been mentioned before.

Tested on Helena / Jan Lee:

Raijin Launch - :6::6::P::K: - :3::3::K::K: [Good for finding walls from open spaces]
Raijin Launch - :8::P: - :P::P::P: - :3::3::K::K: [Combo when next to walls]

Also been trying to put the stance mix-up into play on wake up, I usually plant a few grabs before attempting the launch variations as they're unsafe. I feel these may be used in moderation in high level play, time will tell.
Yea. I still feel like 1kp_1kk was a vital part of his style, as well as 4F+K. It's ok as a launcher, but even still that was great for baiting whiffs, I remember that shit. Of course I was wet behind the ears still back then and mimicking Perfect Legend from in his fight against Master in the WCG.

Right now, Hayate isn't someone you can just pick up and play.There is some work to be done when coming in as him in this game, you need a good mind set to play the stun game or put them on the ground constantly... I personally am finding it easier to play Hitomi at this point because she steps back into Ein's style of play, being a bit weaker but also having more mixups available, and i' love that 8pk6p_ is now an option.

Sir Ellibear

:3::P::P:

Been adding this into my stun game lately, seems to cause a sit down stun for a guranteed launch. Seen a few unintentional slow escapes(?) from the sitdown stun which makes me question if the critical hit is guranteed with enough slow escaping. Even so, adding a launcher should still work in time.

As for general play, I'm using these a fair bit off of 1 stun / counter hit:

:3::3::K: - :3::3::K::K:
:6::6::K::K::K:

As for critical burst follow ups, I'm mainly using these two juggles / options (assumes you are at stun threshold with critical burst):

Wind Dash Uppercut - :6::6::K::K::K: [Doesn't work next to walls]
:8::P: - :P::P::P: - :3::3::K::K: [Works next to walls]
Power Blow

The only other sit down stun I've found is from Back Turned mid-kick. Gonna do some more work on his options in the lab. I have no capture card but may try and do a quick video via phone, quality wouldn't be great though. I'll have a gander in a few days.

Brute

Standard Donor
Just wanted to say that I've never seen a more epically appropriate title for a thread.

Anyway, carry on.

Madian

Hayate's full crouched 3p is his best mid attack in this game now since they basically took everything else away. 33k is good too as well as 6pk

Any particular reason you favor [3]p over 66p?

66p has slightly more range, is 2 frames faster and always grants you a critical stun on hit. It's also the same frame wise on block.

TakedaZX

2nd hit is tracking move and its a lift stun but its harder to do sigh
Do you EWGF it out. I use 623P to get instant hold 3 moves. It started with Eliot for his bnb combos off of CH launches or 236T. It works out the same for Hayate. I just wanna know if I'm alone in this.

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
Decided to play Hayate as my sub character. Any idea on how his Wind Dash is "suppose" to be applied mid-match? I've somewhat been using it after knockdowns with the punch (guard break), throw and dash cancel followups.

I do like his new 1K, true hi crush and stuns on counter and hi counter and is safe on block.

Perfect Legend

Alright I think Hayate is godlike now just have to use different attacks. I will try to make a tutorial video demonstrating. Once I figure out how to add sound

Madian

Alright I think Hayate is godlike now just have to use different attacks. I will try to make a tutorial video demonstrating. Once I figure out how to add sound

I'm curious to see what you've found with him.

From my own R&D he's easily one of the safer characters in the game especially at long range.

TakedaZX

4KK is the new 4F+K lol. Shame you can be jabbed out of it. At least you have 4k6k for jabbers.
I suppose so. It might be -5 and leave you at BT, but in all honesty, it's no where near as good since it's so slow. I use it for trolling really after I beat someone, or after I get a Raijin Launch/8k CH/HCH into 3H+K. The reason I do this is because when you hit someone in the air with 3H+K, it ground bounces. Unfortunately the bounce is too low for any follow ups, but if they don't tech roll you can hit them with the second hit of 4kK. Same goes for 1p in it's place. I think it force techs eventually...

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD