DOA5LR Need a teacher for eliot on ps4

AngelOfZephyrus

So everyone this isnt a guide so i apologize but i just picked up eliot seriously yesterday and although he has been my fav since doa4 i have had a pretty hard time coming up with strings and mix ups. I was wanting to know if there would be anyone out the that is a expert eliot player that would be willing and able to teach me eliot on ps4. If anyone would that would be amazing and depending on if someone actually teaches me for them being so nice they will get a 20$ psn card after a few months of training with eliot less time if the training is effective.
If there are any takers my psn name is d3mOnIcAnGeLs691

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
This might sound common but can still be true. You should get comfortable with his attacks, juggles, and knowing the properties of his moves. Sometimes you just have to keep playing to get a feel of the game (might be different for everyone but I'm sure people learned like this). Knowing what to use against certain opponents or characters, throw punishment etc etc etc.

Mind you that I don't play Eliot, but just wanted to say up there can apply to just about everyone in the roster on how far you are getting with the game. People shouldn't charge you to learn the game since the game's information and details are open for all. No need to cough up any dollars.

AngelOfZephyrus

This might sound common but can still be true. You should get comfortable with his attacks, juggles, and knowing the properties of his moves. Sometimes you just have to keep playing to get a feel of the game (might be different for everyone but I'm sure people learned like this). Knowing what to use against certain opponents or characters, throw punishment etc etc etc.

Mind you that I don't play Eliot, but just wanted to say up there can apply to just about everyone in the roster on how far you are getting with the game. People shouldn't charge you to learn the game since the game's information and details are open for all. No need to cough up any dollars.
I get it thats what i am attempting is to slowly gain the momentum with him and leifang so i can become a monster with them

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Cause thats so helpful
Hey have you looked at the Eliot guides in the forum?? I feel you, I've been learning Eliot too for the past few months but the guides and stuff have helped alot, I came from spamming combos to being able to use him at least somewhat legit

AngelOfZephyrus

Hey have you looked at the Eliot guides in the forum?? I feel you, I've been learning Eliot too for the past few months but the guides and stuff have helped alot, I came from spamming combos to being able to use him at least somewhat legit
Guide dont help me im looking for hands on training but when ppl try they dont even train they just put it on dojo and just beat the crap out of u and its like this isnt helping where is the training

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Guide dont help me im looking for hands on training but when ppl try they dont even train they just put it on dojo and just beat the crap out of u and its like this isnt helping where is the training
Oh I see. Well I can't exactly do hands on training since my internet sucks ass atm, but what exactly did you want to know? I'm not like a master with him but I have used him long enough to understand how he plays

AngelOfZephyrus

Oh I see. Well I can't exactly do hands on training since my internet sucks ass atm, but what exactly did you want to know? I'm not like a master with him but I have used him long enough to understand how he plays
Just most like mixups how to get out of pressure how to be better with offense stuff like that i use his 7p but i still most of the time get mashed out of it and its annoying lol

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Just most like mixups how to get out of pressure how to be better with offense stuff like that i use his 7p but i still most of the time get mashed out of it and its annoying lol
For mix ups I would just use his stuff not naturally found in the string punches like say 2K and his mid kicks but because Eliot is kinda linear you'll probably find yourself more successful from playing mind games with him since he's like a poke and spear type character. His defensive parries like 3H and 9H are also good for stopping people mashing and if I remember I think 6P and 9K are guaranteed from those but you have to kinda be on point when doing those or you'll get blown up

He also has good guard breakers which give you advantage so I use those too since you'll be able to move first. And yeah he can get pressured fast since he's kinda slow

AngelOfZephyrus

For mix ups I would just use his stuff not naturally found in the string punches like say 2K and his mid kicks but because Eliot is kinda linear you'll probably find yourself more successful from playing mind games with him since he's like a poke and spear type character. His defensive parries like 3H and 9H are also good for stopping people mashing and if I remember I think 6P and 9K are guaranteed from those but you have to kinda be on point when doing those or you'll get blown up

He also has good guard breakers which give you advantage so I use those too since you'll be able to move first. And yeah he can get pressured fast since he's kinda slow
Im gonna have to try these i use his parries and i use 9k after for guranteed my problem is being pressured not only is it very difficult for me to defend myself but eliot being slow makes it twice as worse so ive been trying to find someone to also help me with that

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Im gonna have to try these i use his parries and i use 9k after for guranteed my problem is being pressured not only is it very difficult for me to defend myself but eliot being slow makes it twice as worse so ive been trying to find someone to also help me with that
Also remember he's slow somewhat but he has decent reach so he can also be played at a mid range too, and some of his attacks have evasive properties like if you do 2P on normal hit you can avoid 11i high jabs and kicks and even some mid strikes with 6K:

http://www.freestepdodge.com/media/eliot-strange-6k-tech.12508/media

He's a really interesting character that's for sure

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD