News New character is Naotora (Sengoku Musou)

synce

I don't understand why no one made a new thread about actual news. So here. I know nothing about her or the series, maybe someone can fill everyone in.

latest

Argentus

Yeah can we get more character info on her here? I've never played SW (only recently got back into DW).

I did enjoy Sanji in Pirate Warriors though

Id probably like her if she was anywhere NEAR that badass. Especially if she has something like that spinning wheel kick he does whole spinning on hand. Favorite move, right there.

Project Bokuho

Lady Helena's Pet
Premium Donor
My thoughts (my comment couldn't appear in time because Brute locked it before it was sent through) on the news? I never really cared much about the Warriors series, so it's kind of hard for me to make a judgement on Naotara. I'll just wait for the gameplay before I do.

Sammy-Fu

Well......since the other thread was locked........

I am indifferent. I hope for some Fatal Frame reps one day, though.....Mio or Mayu Amakura and Yuri Kozukata WOULD BE SO BOSS. DO IT TECMO, BRING ME THE LOVE, O WOULD MAIN A FATAL FRAME CHARACTER JUST *gets chloroformed and dragged away*

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
Why do I have a problem with this character? :

Koei has first off been terrible to Team NINJA. Now since they see that the game IS making money they want to come and rub their unwanted taint all over our game. FUCK KOEI!

The character has no place at all in DOA. I've said this before, but I will say it again. Dynasty Warriors and Samurai Warriors games represent: repetition, bad budget and horrendous graphics. The complete opposite of what DOA stands for. DOA stands for quality above all else. Yes I played Warriors Orochi 3 for Ryu... and now I wish I hadn't. He was a well done character. For the most part every other thing they do is repetitive trash.

Thirdly, I thought this new character was supposed to appeal to Japanese players like Marie and Honoka did. That sounds fucking terrible as well, but it would be better than this shit.

Is it really taking THIS long to market the character? The mystery of her was announced at E fucking 3.

Sammy-Fu

Why do I have a problem with this character? :

Koei has first off been terrible to Team NINJA. Now since they see that the game IS making money they want to come and rub their unwanted taint all over our game. FUCK KOEI!

Is it really taking THIS long to market the character? The mystery of her was announced at E fucking 3.

10/10

Argentus

Dynasty Warriors and Samurai Warriors games represent: repetition, bad budget and horrendous graphics.
mlfw9471_small.png

Just got back into DW with 8xl and it has literally too much content and variety I can't get around to it all. Like 50+ maps with their own unique objectives, 80+ characters with their own unique moves and specials, then each character can use any two weapons for even MORE variety, plus all the stuff to unlock.

Then I've also been loving One Piece Pirate Warriors though it only has like a 5th the content of DW8XL.

Just because there's mobs of enemies between you and the objective doesn't make it repetitive. That's like saying Mario games are nothing but repetition because every stage uses goombas as an obstacle.

Its like Dead Rising. The game is advertised as a mindless mob masher, but in reality the mobs are something you sprint past because the game is heavily objective based, you only mash the mobs to get experience of you have time because everything has a strict time limit.

Anyways I'm not a fan of her as a character but I'm waiting to see if she at least has cool gameplay. If she just kicks like juri/rig, I'm not interested. I wanna see really cool stuff like Joe, Adon, Sonic, and Sanji. A really dynamic kicking style

Jadeinchains

I just recently played the DW and SW series for the first time and so far I've really enjoyed them both.And when it comes to Li I can understand everyone's points (even though I don't think people should be going as overboard as they are) I think shes pretty cool and is one of my favourites from SW.

werewolfgold

Well, I woke up and the new character thread was locked, which is quite unfortunate since there was a lot of bullshit being tossed around that needed refuting (like, "moe" being used to refer to anything and everything that people might have adoration for), but alas...

COPYPASTA POWERS ACTIVATE!

Her default design looks cool at least. But, I'm pretty sure we already have Kasumi for being apologetic and Honoka for being cutesy, awkward, and apologetic. And we already have Rig and Sarah for kicking people into compliance. This doesn't really add anything to the game. Not a new country, not a new ethnicity, not a new age group, barely a new fighting style (judging from SW videos), and not even a new personality?

not-impressed.png

I'm sure that Naotora fills a certain personality role/niche within her own game, but to bring her over to DOA when we already kind of have it just makes it seem samey. Not to mention that we've gotten plenty of Japanese characters, especially recently. It reeks of missed opportunity for something different. (But, I guess the genpop doesn't like different and just wants to eat the same flavor of ice cream every day, much to my dismay.)

And it's also kind of annoying because it would seem that this is a guest character that likely isn't going to return for the next game. I mean I guess it's cool for Samurai Warriors fans, but...not quite feeling "NaoNao-chan" y'all (do people really call her that?). TN is not working very hard for my money. She might be fun to play as, but I doubt she'll be mind-blowing enough to get me to stop using the characters I already use.

We should trade with Smash, guys. Naotora for Bayonetta. lol

(Yes, I know that wouldn't even begin to work.)

PhoenixVFIRE

i'm guessing we're probably not gonna get any more original characters until doa6. :/

and since she's the new character, I won't be surprised if the new stage is one from Samurai Warriors as well. The only SW i've played is #2 and that was sooooo long ago.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD