DOA5U New to DOA5U!

Venova

Hello everynyan, I'm brand new to DoA5U - I just got it recently on ps3 due to my extreme excitement at Marie Rose's addition to the game. I really like the game alot so far, and though I'm still pretty bad, I'm hoping to learn as much as I can. Unfortunately it seems very difficult to play on PSN... I am often kicked from lobbies before I get a chance to play, or am kicked because I don't have a headset. I'm not here to chat or trash talk people, I just want to play online matches and learn the game and have some fun. I tried making my own lobby but no one joins it. Sorry if this isn't the right place for "introductions", I normally wouldn't do something like this anyways, but it seems the community isn't very welcoming. Last night I was called a bitch and kicked instantly because I didn't have a microphone, and before that I was pretty terribly trash talked for a long time in another lobby I did manage to stay in for a while. That's fine it doesn't bother me, if people have to act like that for them to feel better about themselves that's okay with me, but it's frustrating when I don't even get a chance to play because I'm kicked before I've had a chance at a single match. Is there anything I can do to maybe prevent some of this? Are they kicking me because of my skill rating? I've lost almost all of my matches so far, I'm new to 3d games and this is my first time playing DoA since DoA3 - so I'm sure I'm not much of a challenge to most players, but how can I change that if I can't play against them because they kick me? In one lobby chat the people were saying they wanted to kick another player because of their higher skill rating, but then they kick me instead. I don't really understand it, if people just want to play with their friend they should make it a private lobby.

Sorry for the long thread. If anynyan is willing to play some matches with me in the daytime or evenings pst I would be most grateful, I'm SailorVenova on psn. I also play SF4 on PC, along with a few other FG's. Thanks for your thoughts and consideration!

Gurimmjaw

I'll play you anytime. Add my PSN. Same as here.
Also people kick others out due to them getting beat so they cant take it so they end up kicking you out. If you have no mic(lamest reason ever) you get kicked out. If you have higher grade your chances of getting kicked out are pretty high too.

Im sorry your experience so far has not been good. Trash talkers are very annoying. I usually run my own lobbies. I wont kick you.

Add me so we can play sometime :)

StrikerSashi

Premium Donor
Consider taking a look at the threads in the matchmaking forums. Cali has pretty strong offline scene. You'll almost definitely have better luck there in terms of learning the game compared to playing online.

GovTD

Hey man, welcome to the fray. I'm fairly intermediate at the game, but I'm always up for another dude to spar with. I'm just gonna say it now, those dudes talking trash and stuff, they probably picked up the game for free and don't have an ounce of respect for the game, or even the genre. People around here are tons better than the average "Online Warrior".

But yeah, if you're up for some matches every now and then, send me an invite. I might not be the best sensei, but sometimes raw experience and some good matches can go a long way.

mpgeist

Standard Donor
Feel free to add me as well. I'm not high tier like most players on FSD, but I like to think I'm not free at least.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD