'Nice Fight, Hon' - Gov. Tina's Video Thread

DForev

First Video: NinjaCW using Tina at Season Beatings. Too bad they've haven't put up the Tina vs Bass video.

Thoughts? Comments?

So, there should really be video threads for all characters, but somehow there aren't any at the moment (well, I haven't checked every other character thread, but the ones I have don't have videos). Unless there's some rule against videos at the mo. Granted, people will most likely care for only good videos, but I think a mixture can be had.

Hopefully, this can be Tina's video thread. Now, I'll save this first post to embed really good videos that showcase the character. Things like pros using her in tourneys, combo videos or anything significant for Tina. For now, I'm thinking of videos only from the release version onwards (just because I have no idea how early builds differ from the final). Although if you want older versions, that's no big deal.

So once Season Beatings videos are up, I'll ember NinjaCW's Tina here.

For the rest of the thread, just put up whatever Tina videos you want. Have fun with it. I've got some Tina vids too. I'll put it down in the next post.

DForev

And here are my Tina video. Scrub matches, but I try. 5 matches.

Note: I'm gonna assume the critical stun at 6.10 that comes with only 2 hits is because Christie ran out of health. Not that somehow you can CB in 2 hits.

Extra: Using Tina in Arcade Legend

DForev

Some more Tina tourney vids from BFA3D. Virtua Pai and Rabies essentially used Tina to get to the winners final, but sadly neither used her in the grand final. Her downgrab infinite being somewhat abused early on. Anyway, I'm only posting the winners final and losers final, where Virtua Pai used Tina. You can check the other matches out by going to youtube.

Winners Final:

Loser Final:

Any thoughts or comments on the Tina matches?

Doa_Eater

I really think that Lisa might be one of the worst match ups for Tina, i'm having easier time beating Lisa rushing her then playing something similar like Virtua Pai, the problem is that Tina is not really good at rush. But i'm really glad that they both maid it to the finals.

DForev

I have had my fair share of troubles with Lisa, but I do think that's mostly because I don't know Lisa and literally go 'wtf is she doing?' whenever I fight her, haha. I might try rushing her in the future and see how that goes. I rarely rush anyone though.

Fighting Mila on the other hand, I quite enjoy since many use her and I've gotten somewhat used to fighting against her.

Doa_Eater

I do fairly good against Lisa, it's just that i'm really impressed that a lot of players are using her quite different all the time. I'm playing her on the side with Mila.

DForev

Been a while since I checked back here (having been playing in a while either), but with the Japan prelim tourney thing going on, we see a good Tina rep there who won 1 prefecture. I know the homepage has the list and from there people can go view the matches, but I figure no harm putting them here. Here are some vids from quarter to semi to final:

Not sure what happened in the final round, must've been some penalty.

So all the good stuff discussed in this section before. Combos, force techs and of course, M.D.T. Shout out to the dude utilising her.

KS Shogun

What up Tina players, got my new capture card so ill be posting matches like a mad man. Got a few out already, go check them out!!

HeROiiCs

@DForev's last post, second video, last round. I understand he got the CB then the 33p launch then 6ppk but I have no clue how he got the 46t. Someone please explain how to execute this. Or am I simply too slow?

Doa_Eater

It works on lightweight characters only. (Kasumi,Ayane,Mila,Eliot,Alpha,Lei,Hitomi,Sarah,Pai,Kokoro) don't think i'm missing anyone else.

Doa_Eater

i don't use 9pk because it wall splats, out of 6pp6k juggle i just use ppk if they are near a wall(tried using 4ppp but the last chop whiffs) , also the normal throw works on everybody (Bass and Bayman too)

Doa_Eater

Ok just to contribute somehow, i'll upload videos of Tina vs every character played against people on friend list and who i consider to be top level at excelling with the character. First up every noob favorite character: Lisa (starring elevateG, a dear nemesis i fight from day one)

Doa_Eater

Next up Lei-Fang with Leifang12 showcasing her finest abilities and how without throws i have nothing against him

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD