Ninja Gaiden 2 OST

Brute

Standard Donor
Okay, first off, one of the most amazing game soundtracks of all time. If you haven't heard it outside the game, do so. It's brilliant.

Second, I'm having difficulty placing some of the tracks, as in I don't remember at what part(s) in the game they play at. I was wondering if anyone could help me identify them. There are quite a few, but here are the ones that come to mind:

Ancient Invaders
Confrontation
Apparition
The Skull
Twisted Shadows
With Honor
Break Free
On the Prowl
ambient
Eerie Wind
Whisper

Some of the ones I listed I recognize the track, I just can't quite remember at which part is plays. Others I can't recall ever hearing from the game before at all. Can anyone help with these?

Also, there seem to be three different version of the main theme. One is titled Vengeance, the other two are just "Main Theme." Any idea which ones play where? I'm pretty sure Vengeance is the version played during the credits sequence, but the other two, I don't know.

SilverForte

The OST for II was alright, wasn't bad but I only really liked a few tracks, mostly ones taken from Dragon Sword, Like Zed's battle theme, underworld theme, ratetsu battle theme, I did like the theme that played in volfs castle a lot though, Hell denizen I think it's called.

Anyways I'm looking through the track list, can't help with the first two, Apparition plays in some of the mission mode apparently, I think twisted shadows plays during the final boss's first form, I think with honor plays when you're climbing the mountain in ch 11, pretty sure ambient plays after defeating the water dragon in the underground temple area.

Sorry that's all I can help with but I can give you a listing of songs that were taken from dragon sword, just to know, plus it's interesting to know they came first.

Evil Beings
Dark Aura
The End Begins
Surprise Attack
The Underworld
Limitless Power

Pretty sure that's all of em.

Derga

Yeah, I've been listening to it's soundtrack as of late. The aqua capital theme in particular.
2449775-8850980102-franc.gif

Wish they would have gotten a remastered version of the doku boss fight theme in there or something. Then the ost would be practically perfect.

Last edited:

Brute

Standard Donor
The OST for II was alright, wasn't bad but I only really liked a few tracks, mostly ones taken from Dragon Sword, Like Zed's battle theme, underworld theme, ratetsu battle theme, I did like the theme that played in volfs castle a lot though, Hell denizen I think it's called.
Zedonious' Theme and Rasetsu's are actually two of the weaker tracks in the OST, imo. Hell Denizen's okay, I guess.

Anyways I'm looking through the track list, can't help with the first two, Apparition plays in some of the mission mode apparently, I think twisted shadows plays during the final boss's first form,
I think that the Archfiend's first form is "Things Fall Apart."

I think with honor plays when you're climbing the mountain in ch 11, pretty sure ambient plays after defeating the water dragon in the underground temple area.
Interesting thanks. Ambient actually plays a small tune from the "Mission Ready" screen in DMC3, which I find really trippy. xD

Yeah, I've been listening to it's soundtrack as of late. The aqua capital theme in particular.
I think that "Fighting Soul" (Daedalus exterior) is probably my favorite track in the game, but "The Hero" (Volf's storm and approaching Dagra Dai), "Utter Destruction" (New York streets), "Precipitation" (blood rain), "Standing Tall" (Daedalus destruction) and many others are up there.

Oh, and "Sense of Mission" (Ayane's theme) if you count Sigma.

Wish they would have gotten a remastered version of the doku boss fight theme in there or something. Then the ost would be practically perfect.
His theme from Xbox or Sigma (Sigma used one of the Emporer's themes for his second fight)?

Derga

The original xbox version. Aka the baddest motherfucking boss theme ever.
If that won't get your blood pumping, nothing will. This theme made that boss fight the best mano a mano in a videogame ever.

Brute

Standard Donor
Alma Awakened is still my favorite of Gaiden's boss themes. :p

But that one is great, also.

edit; Actually, I originally didn't count "Go the Distance" during your final fight with Murai (since it first plays in Chapter 2). That would have to be my favorite. The way that it is first played at Dusk (Chapter 2) and then at Dawn (the end) just feels so fitting, like it marks your descent and rise throughout the game.

Derga

I personally like the way they introduce the rematch with Doku. They meet each other again. Suddenly nothing else matters, Doku drops Rachel to the ground like she doesn't even exist, the whole world seems to shrink into that arena. It's all about the fight of the two badasses now, and see who's the strongest. The music is just icing on the cake.

But to be honest it's really hard to play favorites in this series when it comes to the music. At least in Ninja Gaiden 2. They are all stellar. Not mentioning one makes me feel like taking a shower 16 times as repentance. "The Hero", the New York theme, the Doku boss theme etc etc. Sheesh! So many good ones to choose from :p.

Fiend Busa

Standard Donor
Love that NG Doku theme, brings back memories of when you first have a rematch with him

Goarmagon

Standard Donor
Is there a legit way to get this soundtrack? Hell Denizen is too good.

Brute should do another izuna troll video using this. I immediately started spamming Izunas when I heard its epicness in 2.

Brute

Standard Donor
Hell Denizen is too good.
[...]
Brute should do another izuna troll video using this. I immediately started spamming Izunas when I heard its epicness in 2.
Yeah, I love the NG2 soundtrack. I've basically been waiting until I get some good material to fit each of the grand tunes. Great stuff.

Oh, and if you weren't aware, there's a brand new izuna troll video out.

Goarmagon

Standard Donor
I had saw that one. I was the guy who commented with "The Brute Standard" of death from mindless Izuna spam

Brute

Standard Donor
I had saw that one. I was the guy who commented with "The Brute Standard" of death from mindless Izuna spam
I was like "I don't remember that."

Then I remembered that Youtube has comments as well. Silly me.

Honestly, haven't played the game but checked music (well, i m kinda vgm lover).

Love this track, it's so brutal, fierce and dynamic. Especially part with synth bassline.

Other honor mentions: Eclipse, Pursuers, Enter Nightmare (very beautiful one, in my opinion), Lost Civilization, The Underworld and Blood (so epic!).

Now, to mention first game, my favs would be Iron and Sword, Labyrinth (hear dat percussion!) and Alma Awakened.

Fiend Busa

Standard Donor
When I hear the first track plays, thats when I know its time to lay down the beatdown xD

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD