Ninja Gaiden Thread

Brute

Standard Donor
Come on, there's barely any talk here about the Ninja Gaiden games here besides 3. Being that they're some of the greatest games of all time, some of you DOA fans must also be Ninja Gaiden fans.

This thread is for any comments, questions, tips, strategies etc. you may have for the games, or just your general thoughts on your time spent playing them. Stuck on a tough part? I and I'm sure others can help out with some tips. Just completely something brag-worthy (as is often the case when playing Ninja Gaiden)? Please share.

So, who of you have played/loved the Xbox/PS3 Ninja Gaiden games? Who's beaten the Master Ninja modes?

Prince Adon

Best in the World!!!
Premium Donor
Only Ninja Gaiden games I found great were Black and Dragon Sword. Two is okay. Hate playing through single player. Just find it boring. I enjoy the multiplayer in sigma 2. Ninja Gaiden 3 sucks.

Brute

Standard Donor
Black is my favorite also. While I enjoy Sigma 1 on the PS3, I still feel that Black is the best.

DyByHands

I know you and I have talked about this already Brute, but...

Ninja Gaiden is my franchise! Love it. Black is my favorite game of all time. I enjoyed everything about it. The graphics, gameplay, combat and the unlockables (DOA throwback costume was the bees-knees and sadly absent ever since). Even the camera I thought was way over exagerated... Has anyone played the SW Force Unleashed games? That was a bad camera. NGDS was the reason I bought a ds, its like one of the only games I have for it. Allthough, its pretty simple I still loved it. I like them all (except 3, duh. Though, if they done that same style with a new IP, it could have been cool. Just not for NG).

I have beaten MNM on NGB, NGS, NGDS(the easiest :p). I couldn't tolerate the incendiary spam on NG2 so I just stopped. And, I stopped after Hard on NG3. I will still prolly get NG3RE when I ever get a WiiU (If ever) same with the Vita ports. But, right now I am waiting to see whats up with NG3ds. I just hope it doesn't interact with the Wii U, they always mention it when talking about NG3RE. We'll see.

Something random, on NG1, NGB and Sigma when you return to the monks room (with the safe) for the third time, if you read the journal it says, "This safe is as worthless as a dogs turd." Always had a laugh with that, WTH.

Brute

Standard Donor
I know you and I have talked about this already Brute, but...
Indeed. ;)

Has anyone played the SW Force Unleashed games? That was a bad camera.
Only the first. Being a big Star Wars fan, I enjoyed it, but honestly it was nothing great. Gameplay was pretty weak, imo. And yes, the camera was atrocious. Particularly on boss fights.

I have beaten MNM on NGB, NGS, NGDS(the easiest :p). I couldn't tolerate the incendiary spam on NG2 so I just stopped. And, I stopped after Hard on NG3.
Same. With the lack of customizibility, the idea of doing it all over just bored me.

Something random, on NG1, NGB and Sigma when you return to the monks room (with the safe) for the third time, if you read the journal it says, "This safe is as worthless as a dogs turd." Always had a laugh with that, WTH.
Wait, which room is this? I gotta find this. :D

SilverForte

Great series, aside from 3, which doesn't exist.

I've played Black, Dragon sword, and 2. Got up to hard mode on black, I should continue that sometime.
Beat 2 on Master Ninja, my favorite of the series, so much fun to play, so fast paced.
Dragon sword is fun, beat it on all difficulties, really nice action game.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
I've beaten every Ninja Gaiden (post 2004 release, of course) on Master Ninja. I was the eighth person to do it on NG3. I still think that NG3 was an elaborate, expensive joke, though. Warriors Orochi 3 is the true NG3 to me. My Level 99 Hayabusa will tear your shit up in seconds.

Ninja Gaiden Black is a legendary game that will likely never be topped in my book. Quite possibly my favorite game of all time. My greatest accomplishment in that game was going through the entirety of Master Ninja without ever taking a single hit in one sitting. Before Achievements and Trophies ruined gaming for me (by way of me getting addicted and feeling "done" when I get all of them), I was doing things to that game that were illegal in 13 states and actually made me feel accomplished. I can tell you where every single item in that game is from memory on Master Ninja, quote every spoken line of dialogue, and have finished every possible encounter in the game (including the ones where you backtrack in Tairon) in the target time for Karma. Sigh. I miss games of that caliber.

Side note, it's my birthday today and one of my buddies bought me a replica Dragon Sword. Best birthday gift ever. He's registered on this site as NateOrDie so drop him some props on being badass.

SilverForte

You beat master ninja single session without getting hit? That's crazy, in a good way. I really should continue my hard run.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
Yeah. I almost took hits twice. Once I fucked up a wall run and was just barely able to dodge an attack when I fell to the ground, and the entire fight against Ishtaros had me sweating. Still my greatest accomplishment in gaming.

Brute

Standard Donor
Side note, it's my birthday today and one of my buddies bought me a replica Dragon Sword. Best birthday gift ever. He's registered on this site as NateOrDie so drop him some props on being badass.
Will do. That is one kickass friend you're lucky to have.

And nice work on MN, man. I consider myself a pretty good NG player, but even that's insane in my book.
Some parts always shave off some of my HP. Every time (namely any part where I'm forced to use the bow).

And Ishtaros, who is still the most difficult NG boss, imo.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
You can tear Ishtaros up if you get in her face with Lunar. You just have to be on point with dodges and always stay right on her. It's dangerous as hell but honestly the quickest and most efficient way to kill her. The only time in Black that you're really forced to use the bow is the radio tower, and I worked out the enemy spawns pretty easily. You can also cheat by leaving an enemy on your roof alive and taking pot shots at the dishes until there's only one left, then kill the guy on your roof and blow up the last dish. No rockets or zombie archers (on some difficulties) to deal with!

Don't get me started on that part on the Vita game, though. I was SOOOOO disappointed in that version. If the new bow controls weren't mandatory and unchangeable it would have been the definitive version of Sigma.

Brute

Standard Donor
You can tear Ishtaros up if you get in her face with Lunar. You just have to be on point with dodges and always stay right on her. It's dangerous as hell but honestly the quickest and most efficient way to kill her.
Interesting. I always have stuck with the DS simply for safety reason. Will have to try that sometime.

The only time in Black that you're really forced to use the bow is the radio tower, and I worked out the enemy spawns pretty easily.
Do you have a non-bow tactic for the tank/helicopter?

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
Interesting. I always have stuck with the DS simply for safety reason. Will have to try that sometime.

Do you have a non-bow tactic for the tank/helicopter?

Lunar is best. Trust me. And no, but they're both pretty brainless fights. Even on MN if you get hit it's your own fault. Technically you can kill both with the WS if you're a glutton for punishment, IS too, but it'd take so long it wouldn't be worth the effort.

Brute

Standard Donor
Lunar is best. Trust me. And no, but they're both pretty brainless fights. Even on MN if you get hit it's your own fault. Technically you can kill both with the WS if you're a glutton for punishment, IS too, but it'd take so long it wouldn't be worth the effort.
I'd think you'd run out of IS before they went down.

And yeah, I know it's my fault. I just get thrown off with the constant first-to-third-person camera change using the bow like that. For whatever reason, the auto-target doesn't seem to work as well with the bow in 1 as it does in 2. I think the arrow travel speed being lower has to do with it.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
IS do decent damage. They're how I usually kill the Emperor's final form. I honestly haven't tried to destroy either of them. You definitely couldn't take out the tanks and the helicopter. Maybe one though. WS would take forever if it would work at all. Now I'm curious...

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
Ditto, though I mix it with some arrows for good measure.
Anything that explodes when used while most of the heads are attached does insane damage to him. I use Inazuma typically when he does his little all-out rush attack and laugh as all of the skulls crumble around me.

Brute

Standard Donor
Anything that explodes when used while most of the heads are attached does insane damage to him. I use Inazuma typically when he does his little all-out rush attack and laugh as all of the skulls crumble around me.
Same.

Out of curiosity: have you ever found a use for the Ice Shards ninpo? I still haven't...

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
It makes quick work of the zombies in the Ritual Room; makes that challenge a bit easier. That's pretty much it, though. I pretty much never used it even there and that's the only real confined space for it lol. Reminds me of Wind Blades in 2. Not terribly useful.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD