NinjaCW Passes Away

VirtuaKazama

Standard Donor
News Team
12108141_10153689534910816_6527670849721248573_n.jpg

The DOA community has lost another member this morning.

Christopher Harris, known to the FGC world as NinjaCW, has passed away this morning. He was one of the old-school DOA players that got along with everyone in the community. For those that don't know, NinjaCW was part of the "I'm a Fighter" campaign during the release of Dead or Alive 5, where you can still read his comment about why he felt he was a fighter. He is also most known for his participation with the Championship Gaming Series, a television show aired on DirectTV that featured Dead or Alive 4.

Here's a quote from the I'm A Fighter campaign:

"I have always played games for fun but it wasn’t until DoA 4 came out that I got fully into competing in a game. After traveling to my first tournament and being able to play with so many people that I had only met a few hours prior was an amazing experience. At that point I was hooked and I just wanted to test myself to see how far I could get. I would lose to stronger players and I would get even more excited to play. After I would beat that player it made me hungrier to compete, just to see if there was someone stronger. Life put many obstacles in front of me, but wanting to know what it means to be strong keeps pushing me forward."

Outside of competing in DOA, he has competed in other games as well in the world of eSports such as Street Fighter IV (Makoto), Street Fighter V (Mika), Overwatch, and League of Legends.

While Flipsid3 Tactics have yet to make the announcement, let us remember NinjaCW the same way we remember DOA-Knee.

10703564_10152782273920816_1309073492754327565_n.jpg

If you have any cool or funny stories about NinjaCW that you'd like to share, please feel free.

EDIT: @H2OEvil created a GoFundMe for Chris' funeral arrangements. Go to http://www.gofundme.com/2tqq8vrg to donate in support of his family.

Last edited:

MESSY

Today is a sad day as I heard that Christopher Harris has passed away. We lost a great man and an inspiration. I have to say your name as a top fighter is known not limited in the US but as well as other parts of the world including China.

Chris I first got to know you at CGS 2008, where we trained and played against each other for days and nights. You are the most kind to give me your time to fight me. It was such a pleasure that I got to play with you for a long time and I did not feel 1 second of boredom. At that time who knows later we ended up having to fight each other in the world grand finals.

I never got to know you more personally, however - as any other serious fighting gamer would say & know - you get to know the person a lot more through playing against him.

After CGS we went on with our lives - You decided to continue to play and contribute to the US FGC. I always considered you as a top player and one of the players with the most original ideas about FG which is rare in this day & age. Your posts online would almost guarantee every time some interesting ideas and valuable thoughts. You are such a great man.Thank you Chris (NinjaCW)!

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
I don't think this one is going to register with me for a while. Chris has been a friend for years. We didn't always talk that often but when we did it was always on good terms. He was one of the guys you knew you would never have a problem with.

This one... I don't know. It just doesn't seem real right now.

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
NinjaCW was 1 of the guys who gave me start in the FGC showing me the way. IDK if I would have been here had it not been for him. He's one of the biggest reasons why I ended up here & competing, becoming a part of the FGC in general. He was a great friend of mine. Very funny, live, & direct guy. And he was as gifted as they came when it came to fighting games.

Thanks for everything, brother. I'll miss the FB Pm conversations, & hanging out at events. Rest easy!

Last edited:

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
I recently met NinjaCW last year within NEC 2015. We had brief conversations from time to time however we never got the chance to know each other even more properly since we were all moving around with monitor spots and playing different people, the most we ever chatted was within FB along with SomethingUnique in one conversation. The conversation memory was faint within NEC but I remember:

"Yooo get out you are Dbomb? *Handshake* so we finally talk and meet besides the book and meme dog pictures lol didn't know you be out here for tournaments too, good to see you though fam. Hit me up if you just wanna chill or play games."

I haven't got the chance to meet him again or talk besides FB comments and SFV talks. Everyone else and the old old school players know him far more so I can understand what they are going through. Very unfortunate news. Rip.

Last edited:

Darkslay

Dude, what is going on? Two members of our community gone in the same week... This doesn't feel real.

I've always looked up to NinjaCW, ever since I got in competitive DOA, he's been one of the leading players I've followed up until today, to just wake up one day and hear that he's gone... That shit is unreal. Situations like this do make you realize how remarkably short life can be. Be safe everybody, take care of yourselves. And R.I.P NinjaCW, your memory will live on within all of us.

H2OEvil

R.I.P brother, I've been crying my eyes out all morning about this. and i have expressed my thoughts and prays for you all over FB.

Just letting everyone know.. That I am planning a gaming marathon on Twitch coming soon and a go fund me page to help out his family. Once I find out dates and arrangements. I will post a topic about it.

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
Wow... This is awful news to hear, especially on the weekend of a major US tournament (which has been encountering its own challenges with Hurricane Matthew) before its Top 8. NinjaCW was a considerably influential member of the DOA community and definitely left his mark on it. I wasn't really immersed in DOA too much around the DOA4 era, but I remember 2 years back at TFC 2014 where NinjaCW just absolutely tore it up with NyoTengu causing upsets within his pool. Really sad to hear about his passing. This is a really startling trend that is happening in the last 3rd of 2016. I hope this year doesn't end up getting overshadowed by unfortunate losses to members of this community.

R.I.P. NinjaCW, thank you for your contributions to the community!

Gurimmjaw

Wow. I can't believe what I'm seeing what happened with Chris. I did not know him on a personal level but I talked to him on PSN and Twitter and gave me a lot of tips. Met him once here at a the local gathering. He was an Ohioan like me. Truly was a great and humble man.

R.I.P. NinjaCW

Goarmagon

Standard Donor
I literally dont know what to say. Its always sad to see someone go out when they are young.

Zeo

I don't even come to this site anymore, but respect must be given where it's due.

He was an OG and a respected member of the community. Too many people die young, rest in peace and he will not be forgotten. I slowly regret more and more each passing day that I was never able to come out and meet these people. Stay safe and live life full and right, because tomorrow is promised to no one.

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD