Nioh Softcaps

Fiend Busa

Standard Donor
*Not made by me.

Just want to share this here because it's useful information and I don't know how many of you browse /r/Nioh

Author: /u/kindath

I finally respec'd today, and fortunately was smart enough to take notes on stat soft and hardcaps. I was only able to test up to 75, so there may be caps higher than that, but based on the data I doubt it. They seem to want you to be able to keep leveling forever.

EDIT: Gold, holy crap! Note to self, don't go to sleep immediately after posting theorycrafting threads.

General:

• At level 5, you gain 2 ninjutsu skill points and 2 samurai skill points, regardless of where you spend your points.

• You gain another 2 samurai skill points for every additional 5 levels.

• You gain 10 HP per level, and additional HP if you level Body or Stamina. This HP decreases to 5 per level at level 100.
Body:

(I'm including the total health bonus, so subtract 10 from these values if you're comparing to other stats)

• 6: +40HP

• 7: +35HP

• 8: +35HP

• 9: +30HP

• 10: +30HP

• 11 onward: +25HP

• Once you reach level 100, grants +20HP per point, which is consistent with base HP per level +15.

• vs Poison and vs Paralysis gain +1 per 5 points starting at 6, capping out at +10 at 51 points.

• Also grants 1 samurai skill point per two points.
Heart

• 6-15: about +2.1 Ki per point (2 to 3 per level, +21 total by 15)

• 15-40: +1 ki per point

• 40+: +1 ki per two points (Tested up to 75)

• Also grants 1 samurai skill point per two points.
Stamina

• 6: +1 max weight

• 7: +0.9 max weight

• 8: +0.9 max weight

• 9: +0.8 max weight

• 10: +0.8 max weight

• 11: +0.7 max weight

• 12: +0.7 max weight

• 13: +0.6 max weight

• 14: +0.6 max weight

• 15: +0.5 max weight

• 16: +0.6 max weight

• 17: +0.5 max weight

• ...from this point on it gets weird, it's rounded fractional amounts. Basically it very slowly tapers off, no softcaps.

• 74: +0.2 max weight

• 75: +0.1 max weight

• HP: Slight softcap at 10. 11 onward: +15HP.

• Once you reach level 100, grants +10HP per point, which is consistent with base HP per level +5.

• Also grants 1 samurai point per 2 points.
Strength

• +0.1 Equip Weight Max and +5 Ki Pulse until 10

• +0.05 Equip Weight Max and +3.5 Ki Pulse until 15

• Equip Weight Max slowly tapers off again. It might be a logarithmic function, it looks like this.

• Ki pulse also slowly tapers off. No softcap, but 40+ is +1 ki pulse per point. 50+ is 1 per 2 points.

• Also grants 1 samurai point per 1 point.
Skill

• Ki pulse is double the bonus per point of Strength, with identical scaling.

• +2 Ninjutsu Power until 10, then +1 Ninjutsu Power per point

• Also grants 1 samurai point per 1 point.
Dexterity

• Ninjutsu Power: Slight softcap at 10, then very slow and gradual diminishing returns. (Basically the moral of the story of how Nioh stats work). 9 power per point at 11, scaling down to 3 power per point at 75.

• Ninjutsu Capacity: Hardcap at 30 Dexterity (total of 30 capacity)

• Ninja Skill Points: 2 skill points per point, no cap.

• 20 Dexterity is required to complete the mission to unlock Ninjutsu Mystic Art, which is a sort of softcap.
Magic

• Almost identical to dexterity.

• Magic Power: Slight softcap at 10, then very slow and gradual diminishing returns. 9 power per point at 11, scaling down to 3 power per point at 75.

• Magic Capacity: Hardcap at 30 Magic (total of 30 capacity)

• Magic Skill Points: 2 skill points per point, no cap.

• 20 Magic is required to complete the mission to unlock Magic Mystic Art, which is a sort of softcap.
Spirit

• Magic Power: Similar scaling to Magic, about 1/3rd of the strength.

• Guardian Bond: Slight softcap at 10, slow diminishing returns. 50 per point up to 10 going down to 10 per point at 70+.

• vs. Yokai Realm: 2.5 per point, no diminishing returns or cap.

• 25 Spirit will unlock every ability from every guardian spirit, which is a sort of hardcap.
TL:DR;

• Most stats have a minor softcap at 10.

• Health (Body and Stamina) softcaps at 10, then stays linear forever.

• Ki (Heart) softcaps at 15 and again at 40.

• Equip weight max slowly tapers off with no softcap.

• Ki Pulse slowly tapers off. Arguably softcaps at 40 and 50.

• Anything that gives skill points stays linear forever with no cap.

• Magic and ninja power slowly tapers off with no softcap.

• Magic and ninja capacity both hardcap at 30.

• To my knowledge I have not yet seen an armor require a stat above 18, so that's another sort of softcap.

• Figuring out weapon scaling is going to take way more science.

TOMA SAN

Standard Donor
If someones is interesting to optimize combos, you can show the ki info in system settings, its good to look with precision the ki you use and for combos optimization

also in your stuff you can showw the type of weapon, by default the game show all weapons in the same section but you can change to have all katana in a section, all double katana,...

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD