"No one can face me" - Hayate Top 10 moves

TakedaZX

I'm starting to get more use to Hayate. My win ratio with him against my friends online is starting to rise. He's solid enough I suppose. Here's my 10.

1. :3::H+K: - The Scrub Move. Regardless of what people say, the move is useful. I personally like this move alone on hit, because you can get to critical burst with it, because each kick in the 2 in 1 is considered the damage of 2 regular kicks.
2. :6::P::K: - Nice round starter. 12 frame punish. The kick makes it safe but it is high so it's gotta be used delicately.
3. :3::K: - +1 on NH. Simply great move. Makes it into most of my combos.

4. :K: - special move to me. Delayable follow up. High kick, with a great stun on NH. I use this for my CB combos so that I don't have to stay mid heavy and it works perfectly. You should consider this move in your combos as a change up.

5. :4::P+K:_:6::6::P+K:_etc - Charged Move - Breaks blocks for +1, turning you into Kasumi for a single move. Use it wisely, that pressure.

6. :P::P: strings - What can I say, when it comes down to it, these are needed to keep up the pressure with him. Don't overuse them though. People love to hold low.

7. :1::P: - Follow ups make the move, and it's got a great stun on CH. Also good for pseudo force teching with 1pk.

8. :2::P: - fastest low. Use this to slap your troubles away when you're under pressure. Kasumi and Christie will beat you out of this because it sets you back to neutral on NH.

9. :236::P: - Safe "GTFO ME" Punch. If it doesn't hit, it at least pushes them back far enough to give you some breathing room.

10. :6::6::P: - Major distance closer for me. Using 66P(P) can be a vital part of you game because the guard break makes it safe. I overuse this because it's so useful. It's -12 on block as is naked 6p.

:9::P:, :7::K:, and :8::K: don't fall far behind these.

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
Blows hurt like hell when you use 8k for a launcher. Especially on a CB. Then he has the throw & the guaranteed 7k That hurts like hell. Hayate is still solid.

Murakame

To add on to 4P+K this sounds gimmicky/ scrubby lol but it can be used for mind games. When people see you back of like that if they are blocking they might get greedy and try to hold. This is where you wind dash cancel and get that hi counter grab. They're like"oh damn the GB isn't all I have to worry about!"

TakedaZX

Mhmm. You get me all the time with that shit. Funny that I'm learning more from you than any other Hayate player right now. Heh you're destined for great things.

Murakame

Im still tryna get the hang of hayate but here are some moves I like to use with Hayate:

PP strings - pressure and grab mixups
9P -This gives a huge stun. One of the only ways to connect with a launcher if the opponent is comitted to slow escaping.
2P- Pressure killer.
66P - To close distance
3P / 3PP - This mid is the same as 9P; it gives a deep stun to work off of. 3PP is his sitdown stun and is hold bait. So beautiful.
6PK - This is -7. I use it when I'm done trying to pressure and grab my opponent.

3H+K -This is a immediate mixup on hit or block. people can try to low grab you but no one ever does because they have to respect your options after this. Trying to grab a Hayate out of this is a incredibly ballsy move IMO.
2H+K - on counter hit you get a way to start the stun game or mixup and on normal hit you have +8 advantage(Idk how much it is if they stagger escape) to do something. I like to run up and 236T or 6T

2K This is really only good on counter hit.
3K - Distance poke

Throws:
6T / 66T These are the most basic form of throw and are more damaging than neutral grab.
236T - This is 7frames and guaranteed 72 points of damage. There is no reason not to use it. If you are greedy you can go for the stun game.
41236T - 97 points damage on hi counter. Idk if just ending at the launcher and doing a combo does more than 97 but 97 is roughly 1/3rd of thier life. And people love to hold against hayate because he is so predictable. Predictability is his greatest strength! >:]

TakedaZX

41236T - 97 points damage on hi counter. Idk if just ending at the launcher and doing a combo does more than 97 but 97 is roughly 1/3rd of thier life. And people love to hold against hayate because he is so predictable. Predictability is his greatest strength! >:]
Technically speaking, the only difference in doing a combo instead of finishing it is aesthetics... visually pleasing the eyes. On NH, some good combos off of it are:

:8::P: :~: :P::P::P:(:P:) ? dmg

:6::K: :~: :8::P: :~: :P::P::6::P::K: ? dmg

:4::K::6::K: :~: :6::6::K::K::K: 64 dmg

Also it can offer a ceiling bound. From there you can:

!C!:3::P::P: :~: :7::P: !CB! :6::P+K::P+K: :~: :8::P: :~: :P::P::6::P::K:
!C! :4::P: :~: BT :4::K: :~: :7::P: !CB! :6::P+K::P+K: :~::8::P: :~: :P::P::6::P::K:

Or for better damage and a strange mix up situation you can :3::H+K: gambling for more damage:

!C! :3::H+K: :~: (H_M_L Mixup) :~: :7::P: !CB! :6::P+K::P+K: :~: :8::P: :~: :P::P::6::P::K:
H = :P::P:
M = :6::P: or :3::P:
L = :1::P:

Also :6::P+K::P+K: :~: :8::P: :~: :P::P::6::P::K: isn't the most damaging post cb ender but it's generally pretty easy and it gives you a reason to go for a wind dash move. Never switch this out for :6::P+K::K:. That launcher is literally useless, outside of using it for a natural hit launch or finish. The reason why is because it's a solid launch height that does not change not matter what hit you're on, and the best option after that is :P::P::6::P::K:. The move is truly a waste.

Murakame

So are 6P or 2P Hayate's best options to get out of pressure? Lol I still have no idea what his crushes are.

Nate

:1::K: seems legit. I'm not entirely sure what to make out of it's "half crouched" status, however. Can't say I've done any testing to know if it's just garbage/luck, or if it's legit. When I'm being pressured I often toss this into their string or mix-ups and often land a counter-hit.

Everything else I read here sounds close to home. Don't forget to :3_::P::P:, :3_::K::K: when they bounce off walls when you can. Seems to be the best damage. Also off Hi-Counter Hold :4::6::F:, I get around 117 damage (no wall/hazard) with :9::P:, :3_::P::P:, :3_::K::K:. I also seem to do a lot of :P::P::6: :P:(charged and not):K: because the 3rd strike can be held all the way to break, held awhile then released early, or whatnot, with the two follow-ups but I mostly opt for the kick. Really great to fish out CH for those types that just wait for a brief pause then attack on instinct. Delay that ftw.

TakedaZX

:1::K: seems legit. I'm not entirely sure what to make out of it's "half crouched" status, however. Can't say I've done any testing to know if it's just garbage/luck, or if it's legit. When I'm being pressured I often toss this into their string or mix-ups and often land a counter-hit.

Everything else I read here sounds close to home. Don't forget to :3_::P::P:, :3_::K::K: when they bounce off walls when you can. Seems to be the best damage. Also off Hi-Counter Hold :4::6::F:, I get around 117 damage (no wall/hazard) with :9::P:, :3_::P::P:, :3_::K::K:. I also seem to do a lot of :P::P::6: :P:(charged and not):K: because the 3rd strike can be held all the way to break, held awhile then released early, or whatnot, with the two follow-ups but I mostly opt for the kick. Really great to fish out CH for those types that just wait for a brief pause then attack on instinct. Delay that ftw.
I just wish it was for more than +1. It's great for that edge to turn you into Kasumi for one move... but then what? I'm losing faith in Hayate still.

Leady?

3H+K prioritized as FUCK. This Christie I was facing was pretty decent tbh on the combo side [and a female player too], like, she has killed me in 2 or 3 combos, but wasn't used to fighting Hayate at all.

Mixed shit up lol:

Murakame

In what situations do you guys use :236::K: and :214::K:? Are they worth using?

236K is good to use at a distance because its a guard break that gives +1. Its a way to get in on fast characters, and a way to start pressure against characters that are on Hayate's speed tier or slower. 214K gives more advantage than 236K but I do not like it because it is much slower and telegraphed. People by default already have their fingers ready for that mid kick hold because they are looking for 3H+K when Hayate is at a distance. Using a slow mid kick ranged attack just rewards them for doing so IMO. 236K on the other hand hits high so ppl will start ducking just to avoid it. And when they duck at the wrong moment they will take a 3K sitdown stun.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD