Official Doa2u Tier list

virtuaPAI

I am the reason why you are here!!!
Staff member
Administrator
ok, i made a rough draft of the tier list in another thread but this is the official version.....please use actual FACTS only in this thread. keep in mind that this list is based on OFFLINE play.

0. :tengu Tengu

TOP TIER
1. :ein: Ein/ :hayabusa: Hayabusa
2. :Genfu: Gen Fu
doa3_Jann-Lee_c1.gif
Jann lee
4. :ayane: Ayane
5. :kasumi: Kasumi
MID TIER
doa3_Leifang_c1b.gif
Leifang
7. :hitomi: Hitomi
8. :bayman: Bayman
9. :leon: Leon
10. :tina: Tina
LOW TIER
11. :bass: Bass
12. :zack: Zack
13. :helena: Helena

tengu is rank 0 as some tourneys have banned him and other

Originally posted by Tom

Baron West

Even though I use Ayane, I always assumed Kasumi was slightly better because of her teleport into back combos that cut down the guessing game and her 6P and 3P. Is Ayane rated higher because of the 4P and/or her 4FP throw?

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
Ayane has the limbo stun of doom off of 4F+K.

You can't do anything to get out of it once she's got you hit so it's a free launch, and it has incredibly good range safety in combination with her other bullshit.

And of course, 4p and 4F+P.

Tough nut to crack, that one.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Ayane is a very evasive character with amazing punishment. Although her :4::F+K: is the "limbo stun of doom", if you have your Slow Escape/Struggle meter filled then you technically can avoid the :4::P: followup. Additionally, the move itself is punishable on block by the slowest throws.

Kasumi has her parries working out for her but she is generally unsafe with little crushing opportunities. Kasumi is a character in DOA2U that primarily will attempt to work the stun-guessing game. Ayane can utilize the stun-launch or normal hit launch punishment game.

So Kasumi has viable tools, it's just under the consensus that Ayane has more tools with more options.

virtuaPAI

I am the reason why you are here!!!
Staff member
Administrator
In doa2, you cannot reach the full slowescape meter with certain stuns, same with doa3.

Megawarrior

She wasn't any good until DoA4 when she got those ridiculous setups with bokohu and with the ground game mixup.
I see. I've never played DoA 4. I thought she would have been at least mid tier in DoA2U lol I also use Lei Fang and Ayane as well.

Hm....Zack is no surprise.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Her sidestep attacks and limbo stuns helped her out in 3.1. In 2U she had the limbo stun mixups and bokuho evasion. Personally thought she was mid tier. The japanese felt she was high tier for 2U.

Raansu

Wow Jan Lee is actually top Tier? Can someone shed some light on this?

Dragon Gunner 66k nuff said =P

Uhh to be honest it's been way to long since I've played DoA2 and I barely remember any of the mechanics. Jan Lee was a beast though.

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
Dragon Gunner 66k nuff said =P

Uhh to be honest it's been way to long since I've played DoA2 and I barely remember any of the mechanics. Jan Lee was a beast though.

66k doesn't exist in the form you are thinking of in DOA2.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Jann Lee had good fast pokes that led to good deep stuns. He also was able to use his lift stuns to sidestep behind opponents to get back-turned combos if done right.

Honestly, I don't know how some people did it because I could never replicate it.

Awesmic

Standard Donor
I never knew Zack was actually low-tier. I thought he was mid.

How did he manage that?

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD