Old Stages

damned fox

hello FSD.

my question is simple, what are some old stages you wish would be implemented into DoA6? why? what was good about them, and also optionally, what do you think could be a cool change they could add to that stage?

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I would want the white storm back as a stage, DOA6 needs an actual snow filled stage and it would be cool for it randomly have the snow storm version at specific times. And to make it a more difficult and darker stage to fight on and to make it unique, they could do as the old DOAs did and make any hit land as a counter hit slip stun to make defensive on this stage more important

DOAUThe_White_Storm_1.jpg

DOAUThe_Great_Opera_2.jpg

If they brought back Great opera I would love for it to start normal but hitting maybe a lit torch will cause the whole place to be ablaze, or evene better yet, you'll get the ablaze version if sworn rivals like Helena and Christie fight here, that would be so cool! They could also add a few onlookers and NPCs so it doesn't feel as empty and maybe they can run frantically in the upper echelon porches as the flames worsen.

DOAURayHouse_1.jpg

I would also want either the crash club from DOA4 or the Rayhouse stage mainly as a way to have an arena to play the old remixes including the bonus remixes from DOA6 deluxe edition on this stage. There could be dancers watching behind the barriers and maybe stuff like hood gangsters and drug and yakuza gang warlords watching and betting in the back and maybe a pole dancer in a section as money rains down everywhere and people can cheer on.

DOAUThe_Suspension_Bridge.jpg

The suspension bridge I want since I loved the major height drop when you fell from the bridge. They could also make to where some of the wood planks on the bridge can get cracked and cause the victim to fall through to the bottom of the stage if you hit it twice like the floor on the Dragon temple stage in DOA5. The stage theme imo should be Ayane's Dimesnions theme since it suited the stage perfectly imo. Maybe it could take place at night or maybe in mid day and there could be Easter eggs like Ayane's flower kunai that she threw and missed at Kasumi in Dimensions.

DoaOnline_091903_05_640w.jpg

Burai Zenin would be a good way to represent Gen Fu since its his stage and it would be awesome to have a rainy stormy thunder stage to add something new to the game and characters could already start fully soaked or even gradually as they fight since it would be raining hard. The floor would also be wet so there would be a constant slip stun for lows on counter hit too

Aerial_Garden_6.jpg

Aerial gardens should DEFINITELY return since we all thought it was being added thanks to the Kasumi scene of her with the fireflies in DOA6. XD this stage in DOA6 could be basically like in DOA2U but to make it more nostalgic and probably even darker to match DOA6's darker tone, it could be set in the very early morning with an ominous mist fog and maybe even some black crows or vultures and a bit of decay since its been 2 years since anyone has fought here. I would envision it being more abandoned and desolate in DOA6

Fotor_156789975419772.jpg

Finally a last stage I would want(sorry if I added alot. I'll stop here since I could name pretty much alot of stages people would like xD) is the genetic biolab stage from DOA2U. To make it more of a darker stage tho and to have some influences with DOATEC HK, they could make to where there's a hidden hazard that drops into a deeper much darker lab with dim fog like in DOATEC HK in DOA3 that does massive damage. The music could be something ominous and dark like the APO stage in DOA6 and to make it even more morbid like in the older games, they can use Kasumi clone models obscured with maybe a thicker green gel or even just make the clones lack sexual parts like nipples and genitals since they're clones and have them floating around unconscious like in DOA2U and if you hit the tubes they'll crack and move around and breaking them will cause that clone to slither out and lie lifeless on the metal flooring. That would be so awesome <3 They could also maybe use Kasumi @'s dimensions theme for the stage. And the floor could have a constant shock when you fall like it did in the older games.

That's pretty much the major ones id want, sorry if I went on a rant, I just love stage design and making stuff more serious xD

Last edited:

Derock

There are so many stages I want back:

*White Storm (merging with DOA2U and Dimensions versions)
*Freedom Survivor
*Aerial Gardens
*The Miyama (DOA Dimensions version)
*Seaside Market
*The Burai Zenin (DOA2U version but added in the lower section from 2Hardcore)
*The L's Castle (expand that stage!)
*The Mugen Tenshin Bridge from DOA4 and Dimensions)
*Kyoto in Bloom (all variations)

@KasumiLover , your idea of the Great Opera is genius. I think if there were a bunch of candles or some old lanterns that can be knocked over via environment damage/Danger zone (possible gas tanks) on the actual stage to set the whole stage ablaze will be a great opportunity.

Last edited:

Project Bokuho

Lady Helena's Pet
Premium Donor
Oh boy. Where should I start?

Ariel Gardens: A stage that has been demanded/requested by fans since Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate.

Burai Zenin: Another classic throwback stage.
Freedom Survivor: Team Ninja has no excuse NOT to put this stage in. They have the assets for God's sake!
Koku An: Another DOA2U classic!
DOATEC HK: No explination needed.
latest
latest

latest
Kyoto in Bloom: Now THIS is a fucking BEAUTIFUL stage! Day and night variations on sakura season anyone?
Ninja Hideout: Imagine how great this stage would be in DOA6. Ceiling combos and destructible sliding doors? And multi tiered?

And last, but certainly not least...Seaside Market!

Last edited:

Bogetsu

From DOA5 - Fuel stage.
From DOA4 - DOATEC Great Hall, Kyoto in bloom, the Crash Club
From DOA3 - Pancatrium
From DOA2 - Aerial Gardens, Aquarium

Onryoki

Standard Donor
They will probably never let any of these stages return. The current TN and KT are way too lazy to make a fighting game actually good. The stages listed are literally the content everybody asks for and wants yet they’ll never add this because they rather create stages that have no personality.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
How would you all feel if instead of full remakes, TN instead released a second Unforgettable stage featuring other movie set style recreations of stages?
No thank you, we don't need another stage that's full of exhibits we likely won't ever actually fight in if at all xD the concept was good at the time but in the long run it wasn't as epic as I thought

What they could do tho is what they did with the Crimson stage, where they implement and merge two stages(like how they added the bottom level of DOATEC HK as the bottom of the stage in DOA5LR and DOA6) but do it in ways that make sense. For example they could merge the Genetic Biolab with the hidden foggy lab in DOATEC HK as a new stage transition into the bottom level, or they could do something even doper and combine the crash club and rayhouse into one huge major 2 story arena where the top floor is the rayhouse but you can be sent falling into the bottom level's crash club dance floor.

Theres tons of unique possibilities they could try if they had the creativity and patience to pull it off xD

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
The bottom area of the Crimson stage in last round and 6 is not a remake of DOATEC HK, that was how the stage was in DOA2U.
I know that but the way they somewhat redesigned the lower levels to have a similar color layout and the neon signs that DOATEC HK had in the streets imo is a good way for remaking and redesigning certain stages so you can have two for one xD

P2p1mbs

I know that but the way they somewhat redesigned the lower levels to have a similar color layout and the neon signs that DOATEC HK had in the streets imo is a good way for remaking and redesigning certain stages so you can have two for one xD

Not sure if that was what they intended but that's one way to look at it.

Addictrian

Thats really what they should do ......Like with all the costumes . Go Old school and back in time to refresh it new.

All the great Stages and Costumes should come to DOA6

To Unlock with coins =)

Recreated and looking good the old stages were much greater and much more beautiful with hidden floor beautiful architectur ect. oh damn im a dreamer :p

KwonJigglypuff

I'd love TN to mix some retro stages, like :

- having the Aquarium from DOA2U tied to the Ballroom from DOAD (Freedom Survivor)
- having the Ice Cave from DOA3 at the bottom of the Snow stage from DOA2 (Mountain)
- having L's Castle from DOA2 leading to the Temple of the Mountain from DOA4 (China)
- having the Forest from DOA3 around the Demon's Church from DOA2 (Germany)
- having the Temple of the Dragon from DOA5 above Kyoto in Bloom from DOA4 (Japan)

That would be 10 cool stages into 5 updates and not much effort, but would feel fresh and unique within the current stage selection.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
I'd love TN to mix some retro stages, like :

- having the Aquarium from DOA2U tied to the Ballroom from DOAD (Freedom Survivor)
- having the Ice Cave from DOA3 at the bottom of the Snow stage from DOA2 (Mountain)
- having L's Castle from DOA2 leading to the Temple of the Mountain from DOA4 (China)
- having the Forest from DOA3 around the Demon's Church from DOA2 (Germany)
- having the Temple of the Dragon from DOA5 above Kyoto in Bloom from DOA4 (Japan)

That would be 10 cool stages into 5 updates and not much effort, but would feel fresh and unique within the current stage selection.

I do miss DOA stages making clear where in the world they were set, there was even a little world map in the stage select, and in general more variety of settings. It felt like a truly global tournament.
DOA 3 for example was set in Japan, China, Hongkong, Germany, Italy, Pacific Ocean, Australia, Venezuela, USA and Iceland.

DOA6 is mainly set in the USA (DOA Colosseum, The Muscle, Sweat, Road Rage, Unforgettable), one stage is in Japan, one in Hongkong...and for the rest we have no idea where they are. :/

P2p1mbs

DOA6 is mainly set in the USA (DOA Colosseum, The Muscle, Sweat, Road Rage, Unforgettable), one stage is in Japan, one in Hongkong...and for the rest we have no idea where they are. :/

The colosseum and unforgettable stages are in US? I always thought those were in Japan (in the same building).

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
The colosseum and unforgettable stages are in US? I always thought those were in Japan (in the same building).
No the colosseum and unforgettable are in the US, and they're in the same facility but not the same building. DOATEC isn't located in Japan unless you count the DOATEC HK division since that's an installation based in China

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD