Tokkosho

So off the top of my head, Pais moves on block leaving her at +1 are:
4P
P+K
46H+K
64P
HAK P
BT P
and.... yeah thats all i can think of atm. which do you think is her best? how should you followup and or link these safely? and does she have anymore that you know of?

Allan Paris

Her best follow ups after these is whatever you choose. Following up with something quick and safe is ideal but it's whatever you want to do. There's no right, wrong, or best answer here. Since this damn game is almost 100% guessing and requires heavy reading of your opponents. You'll never know what to do after being at a +. Player A may not like to hit buttons on Monday but they may like to hit them on Thursday. Theres no way to link these moves safely for many reasons. So strategies constantly change and this may sound complicated to many. Though in reality it is not because we play DOA.

So your strategies after doing a move leaving you at + with Pai should be: throwing for players who block or are hold happy or a simple Jab, 6P, or 2P for players who like to hit the buttons. Even still these are not solid strats until you read what type of player you're up against. If you're not doing one of these 2 strats, it's cool, just do whatever your heart tells you to do on that day.

Your aim is to get a stun with her or her throw follow ups in the first place.

Pai's BT9K gives her +3 or 4 depending on what you do to get to the move.

Tokkosho

i usually do 6P or 2P. and wait, thats seriously +3?? LOL i never messed around with it too much cause it was, imo, really bad on hit, so i completely forgot about it. If its +3 on block i may try to use it a bit more. ty for the info and advice.

Allan Paris

On NH you get nothing but on CH you can get a juggle but it's weak.

Her 3P charged K is her other + on block move. I forget the advantage.

Tokkosho

yeah, i worked with that launcher a bit, but when i saw the only combo i could do was such crap i didnt even bother.
i believe that GB was about +25, if u can SE it its probably +35, all i know is you get a guaranteed 66H+K (IIRC)

synce

If I'm playing someone with an i9 jab I'll throw in a 64p after some p's and 2p's... the other stuff I don't touch unless the guy is stunned or in the air :)

Timasty

Let me quickly update the FA (on block) list of Pai (ver. 1.05):

- 4P +1FA
- P+K +1FA
- 46H+K +1FA
- Hakk P +1FA
- [BT] P +1FA
- [BT] 4P +3FA
- [BT] 9K +3FA (does not vary anymore, used to be between +3FA & +7FA depending on previous attack)

Guard brake (SE doesn't change FA):

- 3PK(hold) +30FA (Guaranteed P+K 2_3P+K combo!)
- 1P+K(hold) at 50% health (PB) +17FA (Guaranteed 6P / 9K, 9K whiffs a lot though)

Last edited:

Shabozz

Let me quickly update the FA (on block) list of Pai (ver. 1.05):

- 4P +1FA
- P+K +1FA
- 46H+K +1FA
- Hakk P +1FA
- [BT] P +1FA
- [BT] 4P +3FA
- [BT] 9K +3FA (does not vary anymore, used to be between +3FA & +7FA depending on previous attack)

Guard brake (SE doesn't change FA):

- 3PK(hold) +30FA (Guaranteed P+K 2_3P+K combo!)
- 1P+K(hold) at 50% health (PB) +17FA (Guaranteed 6P / 9K, 9K whiffs a lot though)

Thank you!

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD