System Pai's KPP33PK? (A whole week and still not consistent?)

ok,

So I am trying to figure out why I am screwing up on this. What seems to be a simple move is turning into a input nightmare. I use pad (I'm not feeling fightstick and won't move to it. I bought one for KI when it initially released used it for 3-4 months. Not liking fightsticks)

Ok so now that, that's out the way. Dear Pad players whom have this on lock. What is your trick to get this thing consistently down? @Timasty if you're reading - your the Pai God. Please drop some jewels.

What I am doing:
For clarity, the move that is giving me issues is: 33PK AFTER I do KPP (Really it's the 33P part) I usually try doing it without the K so I can lock down the problematic part.

I try doing the 33P portion in several ways, they all connect. But none are "consistent" I want to be able to do this 10/10

One of my variants with the input:
After the second P connects (Of the KPP string), I'll input 33 sometimes it works, most times misses, when it misses It will come out with the 3P instead of the 33P (even though I can swear) I input 33 not just 3

I tried inputting 33 right around the time I start swinging the second P (Of the KPP string) Thinking there is a buffer period. Sometimes it works, sometimes it won't. Instead, when it won't work Pai will end up doing a sidestep punch. Somehow turning my 33P into a 22P.

Why I feel me learning this combo 100/100 is important:
I'm not practicing this combo for damage quality, or even to use during a fight.

I am practicing this particular combo because the timing window is small and requires strict execution. I SUCK at execution. I feel this particular combo will help me become affluent with my execution.

I've spent a week and each day has been over 4-5 hours where I am sitting there and just doing this move over & over. I know I'm doing something wrong. But it's getting annoying now, so I thought I'd come here to see what the community mind can offer in terms of helping me out. Maybe a method of how to situate my thumb. Rolling? Pressing? A combination of both?

Last edited:

Timasty

Hmm I see. I'm not exactly sure which 3P, but I'm guessing her first punch of her 3PPP string.

Let me start of with some information which could be a part of this problem.
If your opponents standing, Pais 3P is her regular 3P. If your opponent's in the air, her 3P is another move. In order to get her 3P string, you have to use :2_::3::P: which you get by "rolling" from :2: to :3:. (I'm guessing here you sometimes get her :2_::3::P: instead of her :3::3::P:)
Now, her 22P and her 2_3P are kinda similar, so it could be that you get the direction :2: too often?
Less "rolling" more tapping her :3::3: should defenitely help.

If still strugglin', try looking at the inputs you do in training mode at the bottom of your screen. I usually have a 33P, 323P, 3232P, 332P, 32332P etc. Try avoiding a 233P or 2323P.

Start switching things up by using 433P or 34334P or something. Just try to avoid the :2: direction.

You can also switch your sidestepping to :8::H+P+K:. I had less problems getting her 33P with that. Takes time to get used to the sidestepping though.

And if things still don't work out too well, just switch to her :P::P::K::K:. Takes similar amount of damage.

And if you really really really want to handle her 33PK 100/100 tries and it still doesn't work 100%, you can ask a few other Pai players on the forum, maybe they're more of a help
(Vand1ta , Project Bokuho , Codemaster , Silent-Screams etc.)

Hmm I see. I'm not exactly sure which 3P, but I'm guessing her first punch of her 3PPP string.

Let me start of with some information which could be a part of this problem.
If your opponents standing, Pais 3P is her regular 3P. If your opponent's in the air, her 3P is another move. In order to get her 3P string, you have to use :2_::3::P: which you get by "rolling" from :2: to :3:. (I'm guessing here you sometimes get her :2_::3::P: instead of her :3::3::P:)
Now, her 22P and her 2_3P are kinda similar, so it could be that you get the direction :2: too often?
Less "rolling" more tapping her :3::3: should defenitely help.

If still strugglin', try looking at the inputs you do in training mode at the bottom of your screen. I usually have a 33P, 323P, 3232P, 332P, 32332P etc. Try avoiding a 233P or 2323P.

Start switching things up by using 433P or 34334P or something. Just try to avoid the :2: direction.

You can also switch your sidestepping to :8::H+P+K:. I had less problems getting her 33P with that. Takes time to get used to the sidestepping though.

And if things still don't work out too well, just switch to her :P::P::K::K:. Takes similar amount of damage.

And if you really really really want to handle her 33PK 100/100 tries and it still doesn't work 100%, you can ask a few other Pai players on the forum, maybe they're more of a help
(Vand1ta , Project Bokuho , Codemaster , Silent-Screams etc.)

I greatly appreciate this breakdown. Coming from you, well, it's an honor.

Ok, so I need to fix my wording in the OP. Yes, the weakness I am speaking about is my inconsistent inputting of 33PK (I've taken out the K portion during inputs and just been focusing on the 33P part - since I feel, that is where my weakness lies)

I may have to follow your advice and switch the sidestepping to H+P+K input. If this is what's required. So be it.

Last edited:
@Timasty

Thanks! I can now do the move with 80% consistency. Changing the control to 8/2H+P+K for sidestepping did wonders!

Now what's kicking my ass is the combo challenge where I have to perform 33PK *after* I micro dash towards the opponent while they are in juggle state.

How the hell does one micro dash? Lol. I just dash. What are the inputs to a micro dash?

Timasty

Glad the 2/8 H+P+K works.

Which combo is it? Is it the :8::P: :P+K: :P+K: :4::6::H+K: :3::3::P::K:?
If so, use a small dash (:6::6:) after the :P+K: and not after the :4::6::H+K: (, 'cause it's literally impossible to quickly dash and then 33PK after the 46H+K.)

I'm not too familiar with the word micro dash. So I'm not really sure how to help.

Lulu

LoL.... "Microdash".....
Everybody has their own term for that concept.... I call it a "Minidash".

Some people call it Dash Cancelling.

However I think the most accurate term is "Partial Dash".

The funny thing about DoA is you can make your Microdash so short that its not even visible.... but you know you did it because now the move connects.

Fun Fact: you can not Cancel your Back Turned Turn Dash, the entire animation must complete itself before you are able to move again.

Lol yea I left it alone. Probably will return to it someday. That mini or micro dash. Whatever is the appropriate term is kicking my ass. Had to take a break from it. Maybe try again next year during summer.

For now I'm focused on combos and memorizing the commands she has.

Glad the 2/8 H+P+K works.

Which combo is it? Is it the :8::P: :P+K: :P+K: :4::6::H+K: :3::3::P::K:?
If so, use a small dash (:6::6:) after the :P+K: and not after the :4::6::H+K: (, 'cause it's literally impossible to quickly dash and then 33PK after the 46H+K.)

I'm not too familiar with the word micro dash. So I'm not really sure how to help.

Holy Sandals on MFng Zeus!!! I did it.

Yep, it was the dash "after the final P+K how you instructed. Holy balls man. This thing was difficult as hell. Was trying since summer. My dumbself kept trying the small dash "after" the 46H+K (I forgot you told me not to do that) came back here and revisited your post.

@Timasty Thank you. I've noticed some YouTube videos of tutorials I use to watch in the past have been deleted by its creators. Please never delete your stuff you have on Pai. I created a playlist with your vids in there. Those videos are so awesome man.

I think DOA6 and the new players it will bring - your videos will do major justice for them: *Fingers crossed they bring back Pai* I love this girl. Love her animations and Kung Fu style.

Timasty

Holy Sandals on MFng Zeus!!! I did it.

Yep, it was the dash "after the final P+K how you instructed. Holy balls man. This thing was difficult as hell. Was trying since summer. My dumbself kept trying the small dash "after" the 46H+K (I forgot you told me not to do that) came back here and revisited your post.

@Timasty Thank you. I've noticed some YouTube videos of tutorials I use to watch in the past have been deleted by its creators. Please never delete your stuff you have on Pai. I created a playlist with your vids in there. Those videos are so awesome man.

I think DOA6 and the new players it will bring - your videos will do major justice for them: *Fingers crossed they bring back Pai* I love this girl. Love her animations and Kung Fu style.

Glad it worked !

Nah, I won't delete my tutorial videos. I needed so long for some of my videos, I could never do that.

Indeed her Kun Fu style is awesome! I love her butterfly kick.

Timasty

"The name "butterfly kick" is due to the legs reaching the apex of their arc the arms are stretched out, leaving all limbs extended in a position similar to that of a butterfly's wings in-flight."
... so no violence towards butterflies (;

Lulu

Yeah... you say that now.... but we all know Pai has a dark side. She is Lau Chan's daughter after all.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD