performance issues???

mewnclan

I have a laptop made specifically for gaming and after adding in a lot of mods it starting running extremely slow, is it the amount of mods that slow down the game?? or is it specific mods that do it

update: I took out the autolink folder and tried the game again and its still running slow(too slow to play or I wouldn't be complaining) and its only been running slow today even though I just had it running smoothly (with mods) last night

Last edited:

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Removing the Autolink folder doesn't remove autolink. Did you remove the auto link dlls that you put into the root directory?

AutoLink has an issue where it will cause frame drops. I've been told the latest version resolves those issues but I haven't bothered to check myself.

mewnclan

I'm gonna try uninstalling/reinstalling and I'm not sure if I have the latest version of autolink either I downloaded about 3 different ones before finding the last one that worked so

mewnclan

Removing the Autolink folder doesn't remove autolink. Did you remove the auto link dlls that you put into the root directory?

AutoLink has an issue where it will cause frame drops. I've been told the latest version resolves those issues but I haven't bothered to check myself.

afte reinstalling autolink is still there, and the game is still running extremely slow how do you uninstall every link online just has mod install videos

mewnclan

no it was running at full speed even with about 4 mods installed and its only going slow during the actual fight, like selecting a character and the intro before the fight is at full speed but playing has been like in slow motion

breathofflame34

Has playong in Slo-Mo been the entire time, even before installing the mods? (Your answer confuses me, since it's not clear if the gameplay has been fast before autolionk or not

mewnclan

update:removed all of the autolink files and its running at full speed again, but i'd still like to use/make mods so I'm not sure how go get it working at full speed with mods again and a lot of the links on here are dead. how to I find the most updated version of autolink??:v

breathofflame34

update:removed all of the autolink files and its running at full speed again, but i'd still like to use/make mods so I'm not sure how go get it working at full speed with mods again and a lot of the links on here are dead. how to I find the most updated version of autolink??:v
TBH it may be your computer, it may not be able to handle the load. Try looking online, maybe google "Autolink newest release" I don't mod DOA on PC, (trying to learn to) so I can't really help there

mewnclan

well that's why I'm confused because it was running full speed with mods not too long ago, the slowness just came up randomly and the only autolink ones I cant find are for some other program named autolink

mewnclan

also I think it might somehow be stuck in slowmotion mode and I'm not sure how to take it off or completely remove that feature since I don't want it

mewnclan

update: I found a newer version of autolink, was very excited about it working at full speed with mods again last night but just now I tried playing it and its slow again?? not sure why it works initially but not consistently and its only slow during the fight

Vex

Here some DOA perfomance tips:
Shadow resolution GREATLY reduces perfomance even at most powerful PC, use minimum(1024*1024)
Autolink reduces perfomance. I recommend to create .bat file to copy/delete autolink files whether u gonna use it's features right now or not.
Sweetfx reduces perfomance. Depends on settings but still.
Large resolution (naturally). Switching from 1440p to 1080p or from 1080p to 900p helps greatly.
High-poly costumes(for example from Huchi001)
Circus arenas (most heavy)
----
Lnk-reshuffle does NOT reduce perfomance.

mewnclan

just now tried playing again and it was slow so i tried changing the resolution(which fixed it before) and it still does nothing. :T was excited it was at full speed but i still got find the issue i guess

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD