Play DOA3 immediately after DOA5.

Raansu

Which is why I say screw 5U and just make a 3.1 HD where the only thing they fix is Hayate's cartwheel and the invisible wall infinite with Bass.

SilverForte

If they ever did make an HD version of 3 it would probably be based of 3.2 because it was the latest version. But still I would take that over whatever they got today.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Which is why I say screw 5U and just make a 3.1 HD where the only thing they fix is Hayate's cartwheel and the invisible wall infinite with Bass.

There'd be a few other balance changes i would suggest. Bass' 6PK is not one of them.

Raansu

There'd be a few other balance changes i would suggest. Bass' 6PK is not one of them.

I would as well, but overall I like the balance of 3.1 and I simply do not trust TN. So I say fix the glitches and leave the balance alone.

Raansu

Bass' 6PK isn't a glitch.

No but the invisible corner is. It's not a game breaker since it takes some skill to push someone in the corner like that with slow Bass, but leaving infinite's like that in the game isn't ideal.

grap3fruitman

Standard Donor
As soon as Team Ninja starts touching stuff, the sooner they start fucking everything up. Cartwheel, that's it. DON'T TOUCH ANYTHING ELSE.

stinkymonz

So did they actually tweak (I suppose, slow down?) everyone's walking/free stepping speeds since DoA3? I might just not be used to DoA5 yet/it might be the character I'm playing, but so far it seems like DoA5 environment interaction is almost purely incidental. Idk. Although there is an actual sidestep animation, it doesn't feel like navigating the stage is as fluid as it used to be?

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
They did tweak some characters walk speeds, but they also tweaked the FSD system a bit. It's looser than DOA4.1 but still tighter than 3.1, close to 3.2.
Honestly, I don't want to even imagine Christie's Jakeiho in 5 with a 3.1 FSD system :-/.

JAG THE GEMINI

If they ever did make an HD version of 3 it would probably be based of 3.2 because it was the latest version. But still I would take that over whatever they got today.

THIS! DOA3.2 HD Online... Just make it happen already!!

Even Namco does something like that!!!! SC2 HD Online!

Game Over

I wouldn't get your hopes up...

My hopes aren't up. I was just making mention of two other games people simply had to wait 2 billion lifetimes for. I guess Kingdom Hearts 3 can also be put on that list as well.

Funny thing is if DOA3U did come out somewhere in the distant future, and TN decided to "update" the stun/hold system in the game, I can imagine some people being like ...

luke-no-o.gif

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD