Pokemon thread

Yaguar

Hey guys,

So I have a little request...
There is going to be a Meloetta event in North America in March through GameStop.
(Details: http://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-news/vg_blackwhite2_meloetta_distribution-2013-02-04/ )

I have a small issue of not living in the US which means I wont be able to get Meloetta D:

If anyone has mutliple games and would be willing to pick up an extra Meloetta if they pass by this it would be much appreciated =D
I have a Blastoise lying around so I could breed out a Squirtle in return since I know some of the older ones are tough to get hold of.

Thanks!
Scott.

Yaguar

I have a couple Meloetta sitting around, I'll hand you one. :)

I just startled everyone in working reading this.
Much appreciated I'll find my details when I get back, anything you want in return? Not sure I have all that much but may have something =p

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
Re-titled the thread to be a catch-all (get it?) for the series.

Now, I posted over at GameFAQs but I have no idea if anyone will help. So I just got Black 2 and want a Charmander, Mew, and Mewtwo. Ideally the Charmander would still be in its egg and not in any way hacked or edited. I literally want it to be just like I got it in Red as a starter and build it from there without any special traits. As for a Mew and Mewtwo, I understand that to get them low level they'd need to be hacked, but if I could get them at level 1 or 2 but otherwise unedited that'd be cool.

EDIT: Wow, the Pokemon community over at GameFAQs is actually pretty cool. Someone is hooking me up with a Charmander, Bulbasaur, and Magikarp. Mew and Mewtwo are a bit hard to come by but I expected that.

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
I used to use Emerald to farm Mews for people in Diamond and Pearl with the Pal Park back in 2008. Obviously that wouldn't work here though.

I haven't played Pokemon since Black and White came out back in early 2011. I didn't really get into that generation for whatever reason. I'll most likely be picking up Pokemon Y in October though.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
Yeah from what I understand that does still work but you have to then trade it up a couple of generations to get it into the Black/White 1/2 games lol. Tedious. Y is the one I'm getting too if it's the one with the bird. The weird looking deer thing isn't happening haha.

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
Yeah from what I understand that does still work but you have to then trade it up a couple of generations to get it into the Black/White 1/2 games lol. Tedious.

Oh, I didn't know that Diamond/Pearl/Platinum were compatible with Black/White/Black 2/White 2. I'd help you out if I could, but I no longer own Emerald. Also I'm pretty sure the GameShark I used to do that doesn't work anymore.

Y is the one I'm getting too if it's the one with the bird. The weird looking deer thing isn't happening haha.

Yeah, Y is the one with the bird. I completely agree about that stupid deer thing, lol. As soon as I saw that I immediately decided that I'd get Y.

synce

Oh I remember Pokemons... I was in 6th grade before I felt too cool to collect them, but really it was just a hassle. Big Brother dun banned Pokemons from most schools like a year earlier.

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
Oh I remember Pokemons... I was in 6th grade before I felt too cool to collect them, but really it was just a hassle. Big Brother dun banned Pokemons from most schools like a year earlier.

Big Brother banned them? Damn, that's dumb. I assume your talking about the cards. I used to collect the cards back in 1999 like everyone else, but I never actually played the card game. I wouldn't mind trying it out, but I don't want to get into spending all that money on it. I already do that with Magic: The Gathering.

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
Apparently they have a new Mystery Dungeon coming out for 3DS on March 24th. "Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity". This is obviously ancient news, but somehow I just found out about it today, lol.

I'm not sure I actually want to pick this up or not.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
Never played anything besides the normal core games and I don't intend to change now. Oddly enough, I've also never cared about collecting any of the Pokemon. I just find the ones I like, get them, and ignore everything else. Tends to make the game a bit too easy, though.

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
The normal ones are definitely the best, but I did enjoy the first Mystery Dungeon game. As I said though, I'm not really sure if I want to play another one. I've never played the Ranger series though or any of those other spinoffs.

And yeah, there's definitely a lot more to do if you try to get everything.

VAND1TA

Standard Donor
I really need a Piplup and a chansey. :oops:
And I got all Kento starter PKMNs and Eevee's to hand out for trades.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD