Pretty cool trick to get behind the enemy with the environment?

So?

• oooold.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't understand the video

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

WAZAAAAA

So I was specifically searching for some recent DOA Online PC matches played by Jann Lee to possibly learn something new with my character, and oh well, it happened, I actually learned some good stuff just by watching the first minutes of the video. That Jann Lee in the video seemed pretty damn decent to me. Just to name them:
1. :9::K::K: (on Normal hit) can be linked with :6::P::2::K:
2. and the subject of this thread. Going behind the enemy by freestepdodging during a deep stun caused by you and the environment in case the enemy doesn't Hold-while-stun (see this video at 2:30 for reference
). As everyone should know, once the enemy shows his back to you he can't Hold during your combo/stun status so it's a pretty smart maneuver that lets you continue your combo without giving the enemy a chance to Hold anymore!

Did you ever see that done before? Because it's completely new for me and I was amazed.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
There's a few reasons we chose Free Step Dodge as the name.

However, Jann Lee generally has the easiest time with this technique due to his :6::P::P: and :3::P: attacks. They keep him close to the opponent as they are put in a lift stun animation. To understand why this is helpful you have to understand circular distances. For example, the character doesn't have to walk that far in the background/foreground the closer they are to the opponent as the circular circumference is decreased in size.

Jann Lee also benefits in this because he generally has a faster speed of stepping.

So basically you will do :3::P: on counter hit or on water and do a dash buffer :6::6: then the direction to Free Step :2_:_:8_:. Of course, it's faster to get around the opponent by going the direction Jann Lee's back is facing.

Tina is another one who can do this well, and is a core part of her game in DOA3.1, where she does :1::P: and steps with :2_: so that she can either :2_::6::4::F+P: or get around and back turn stun them.

WAZAAAAA

Jann Lee also benefits in this because he generally has a faster speed of stepping.
There are difference in the walking/dashing/stepping speed for characters? Is there a list? Who is the slowest and the fastest?

Thanks for the link Allan

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Check the DOA3 board. One of VirtuaPai's posts I believe talks about it.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD