Problem upgrading from Core Fighters to full version (EU PSN)

Rapham0n

I've purchased Core Fighters, all of the characters, the stage music and the story mode. When I try to purchase the full game upgrade in the PS STORE I get an error message that says: "This product is not available at this time." How am I supposed to upgrade to the full version of the game if the PS STORE won't allow me to download the full game upgrade?

Should I try to contact SCEE and try to get a refund? I feel that I've now wasted my money. If I had known this was going to happen I would not have bothered to get story mode and the extra music.

Rapham0n

Try to contact SCEE first. They should be able to resolve the issue, not just a refund but to at least get you the content you purchased.

I've contacted SONY SUPPORT and they sent me this e-mail:

"Hello,

Thanks, we've got your e-mail. Unfortunately we're a little busier than normal and it may take us longer to get back to you than usual. Don't worry though, one of our team will be in touch as soon as possible!

Thank you,
PlayStation Support"

So now I play the waiting game.

I'm curious though as to how this problem has not surfaced before. Surely I can't be the only one who purchased the characters, story mode and music packs separately. There should be a warning to players that if you don't purchase the full game bundle before downloading Core Fighters then you'll never be able to get the full game. Perhaps this is something the game developer/publisher should look into.

Leifang2000

Double check, you guys have all these ?
Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate Character: Akira
Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate Character: Rachel
Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate Character: Jacky
Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate Story Mode
Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate Character: La Mariposa
Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate Character: Momiji
Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate Character: Ein
Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate Character: Christie
Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate Character: Mila
Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate Character: Leifang
Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate Character: Kokoro
Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate Character: Helena
Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate Character: Tina
Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate Character: Alpha-152
Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate: Core Fighters
Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate Character: Bayman
Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate Character: Leon
Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate Character: Brad Wong
Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate Character: Eliot
Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate Character: Hitomi
Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate Character: Jann Lee
Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate Character: Rig
Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate Character: Bass
Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate Character: Gen Fu
Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate Character: Sarah
Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate Character: Zack
Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate Character: Pai
BGM(DEAD OR ALIVE 3)
BGM(DEAD OR ALIVE 2)

Rapham0n

Double check, you guys have all these ?
Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate Character: Akira
Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate Character: Rachel
Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate Character: Jacky
Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate Story Mode
Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate Character: La Mariposa
Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate Character: Momiji
Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate Character: Ein
Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate Character: Christie
Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate Character: Mila
Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate Character: Leifang
Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate Character: Kokoro
Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate Character: Helena
Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate Character: Tina
Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate Character: Alpha-152
Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate: Core Fighters
Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate Character: Bayman
Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate Character: Leon
Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate Character: Brad Wong
Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate Character: Eliot
Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate Character: Hitomi
Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate Character: Jann Lee
Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate Character: Rig
Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate Character: Bass
Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate Character: Gen Fu
Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate Character: Sarah
Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate Character: Zack
Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate Character: Pai
BGM(DEAD OR ALIVE 3)
BGM(DEAD OR ALIVE 2)

Yes, I've checked and re-checked. I have purchased, downloaded and installed all of the content you listed. The PS STORE still doesn't allow me to download the full game upgrade.

It seems I'm not the only one having this problem. I've heard from a few people who say they are having the exact same problem.

I'm still waiting for SONY to contact me about this.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
Yes, I've checked and re-checked. I have purchased, downloaded and installed all of the content you listed. The PS STORE still doesn't allow me to download the full game upgrade.

It seems I'm not the only one having this problem. I've heard from a few people who say they are having the exact same problem.

I'm still waiting for SONY to contact me about this.
Call them. Waiting on an email takes too long.

Rapham0n

I request that this thread be stickied. People in EU need to be warned that if you purchase everything separately, (Core Fighters, the 25 original characters, the story mode, the two music packs), then you aren't able to upgrade to the full version of the game at all. The EU PS STORE doesn't allow you to download the free full game upgrade.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
If it was a widespread issue then we might. This is relatively isolated and is actually a Sony issue in general and you should post a topic about it on their forums. Since Core Fighters launched months ago, you are the only person on FSD to post the problem. It really is unfortunate but it doesn't warrant a sticky. The ball is squarely in Sony's court on this one.

mathieux97

DOA5U: Core Fighters users who purchase all unlock keys separately (characters, Story mode, and music) are eligible to earn trophies the same as players who purchase the full version key and upgrade to DOA5U in one go.

• A full version key will be available to these players for free download in order to enable to trophy unlock feature.''

- i bought all character except Marie Rose. i bought story mode and doa 2 , doa 3 music pack and core fighter game.
Playstation store don't let me download full game unlock key.The full game unlock key is turned available(''unavailable to free'') to download, but when i click download, it show you ''you cant download or buy this content'' in finnish.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
You guys really just need to call Sony support. We can go through back channels and speak to the EU guys at KT but ultimately they're going to Sony too. Call them, don't email, and that'll put somebody on the line with you that will get it resolved.

gnooz

No they don't have logic all they think is money. I bought five characters seperately and I didn't even consider buying cheap character bundle why I have to pay for bought characters again? Dumb.

Rapham0n

The problem is it seems on the EU PS STORE it is impossible to upgrade from Core Fighters to the full game when you purchase the DLC packs separately.

I don't know how it works on the US PS STORE, but on the EU PS STORE there are two separate categories for Dead Or Alive 5 Ultimate and Dead Or Alive 5 Ultimate: Core Fighters. The one for Dead Or Alive 5 Ultimate is a bundle, and contains the full game unlock. The one for Core Fighters has everything listed separately. There is a full game upgrade in the Core Fighters category as well. (More on this later).

Now, for some reason if you download Core Fighters then the DOA5U bundle (with the full game unlock) becomes "unavailable". And it's permanent. Meaning if you ever download Core Fighters before purchasing the bundle then you can never purchase the bundle.

The other thing is that if you download Core Fighters, and you purchase all 25 original characters (because Core Fighters already comes with 4 of them), and if you purchase the story mode and both music packs, all separately then the full game upgrade in the Core Fighters category becomes "free". However, you can't download it, because if you try to download it you get an error message saying the item cannot be purchased at this time. And it doesn't show up in your download list either.

After some more testing I have found that there are two different types of error messages. If you try to download the free full game upgrade through your PS3 then you get an error message that reads: "We're sorry, this item is not available for purchase at this time." If you use your PC, and go to https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com and try to download the free full game upgrade through your PC then the error message reads: "You are not eligible to purchase this content."

I've been contacted by somebody from SCEE and he seems to think the problem is on my end. I disagree. I am absolutely sure the problem is not on my end. At any rate I just got screwed out of a lot of money. (This stuff is very expensive in my country). My dislike for digital content is only solidified after this experience. How can we rely on digital content when the people in charge of said content don't know what they are doing?

Let this be a warning to anyone in the EU planning on buying the digital version of DOA5U. Be sure to buy the bundle that contains the full game upgrade right away. Do not buy the content separately. You won't be able to upgrade to the full game if you buy the content separately.

Last edited:

Leifang2000

Just checked a bit on the Euro PSN, the way I understand it, is this:

1) If you have not download anything, then buy the DOA5U Bundle and download:
https://store.sonyentertainmentnetw...mate/cid=EP4108-NPEB01786_00-B000000000000648
(Size 6.3GB)

2) If you have downloaded core fighter here:
https://store.sonyentertainmentnetw...ters/cid=EP4108-NPEB01786_00-DOA5UHDDBOOT0000
(Size 3.7GB)

then you can buy the game unlock:
https://store.sonyentertainmentnetw...mate/cid=EP4108-NPEB01786_00-PRODUCTSET000000
(Size 2.6GB)

Either way, you can get the game 6.3GB in size under the same price. I think the reason they don't allow you to download the bundle once you download core is because you already download 3.7GB of it, so you don't need to download them again, just get the rest of the game unlock in 2.6GB.

Now as for TC's problem, which occurs on this download:
https://store.sonyentertainmentnetw...lock/cid=EP4108-NPEB01786_00-PRODUCTKEY000000
(Size 3.9MB) FREE

For some reason, if you click TELL ME MORE, it listed Story Mode twice.
Maybe it is an error?
Also, on the description, it says:

"This full game upgrade contains 26 pieces of downloadable
content: all Additional Characters and Story Mode. All 26 pieces of downloadable content are also available for individual purchase separately."

which clearly is incorrect for something that mark as FREE.
They must have mistaken this 3.9MB "full game unlock key" with the 2.6GB "Game Unlock".

Last edited:

Leifang2000

Ok, I have taken a look at the Asian store.
So what you should have are these in order to download the FREE unlock Key:
I think what you are missing is the story mode data (Not story mode unlock key which you have purchased)

List under the Asian version, it reads like this. (On European store, it just list Story Mode twice)
  • Character: Alpha-152_re1
  • Character: Leifang
  • Character: Akira
  • Story Mode Unlock Key (European store listed as "Story Mode")
  • Character: Rachel
  • Character: Bayman
  • DOA5U: Core Fighters
  • Character: Bass
  • Character: Ein
  • Character: Tina
  • Character: Hitomi
  • Character: Brad Wong
  • Character: Momiji
  • Character: Christie
  • BGM DOA3
  • Character: Kokoro
  • Character: Sarah
  • Character: Rig
  • Character: Jann Lee
  • Character: Zack_re1
  • Character: Helena
  • Character: Pai
  • Character: Gen Fu
  • Character: Leon
  • Character: Jacky
  • Character: Mila
  • Story Mode Data Size 2.6GB [European store listed as "Story Mode" again]
  • BGM DOA2
  • Character: La Mariposa
  • Character: Eliot
Story Mode Data for European Store seems to be bundled with the story mode purchase key as one thing "Story Mode":
https://store.sonyentertainmentnetw...mode/cid=EP4108-NPEB01786_00-B000000000000649
Size 2.6GB

So check your download list if you can download story mode DATA (not Story mode unlock key) which should be a size of 2.6GB. (And it may come with a story mode key which you may or may not have downloaded).

Anyway, I guess you should have 2 things to have download:
Story mode Unlock Key
Story mode Data

Check your DOA game, if it is 6.3GB at least in total, you have story mode data. If it is less, you have not download story mode data.

If that is the case, then after that, you should be able to go back and download the unlock key for tropies.

Last edited:

Rapham0n

still can't add unlock key to basket =(

Same here. I have both the 2.6GB Story Mode file and the 100kb Story Mode file and I still can't download/purchase the full game upgrade.

I even went so far as to go into the PS3 SAFE MODE and do a "Restore File System" followed immediately by a "Rebuild Database" and then a "Restore Default Settings". I then deleted all my Dead Or Alive 5 Ultimate data and re-downloaded and re-installed everything. I used the list provided by Leifang2000 to double-check that I have everything. I have Core Fighters installed. I have the 25 remaining characters installed. I have BOTH files of the Story Mode installed. I have the Dead Or Alive 2 music pack installed. I have the Dead Or Alive 3 music pack installed.

I still can't get the full game upgrade. Same stupid error message every time. "We're sorry, this content is not available for purchase at this time."

SCEE = epic fail. Nuff said. :mad:

Rapham0n

I think the reason this problem has only started to show up now is because 99.9% of players either buy the disc version of DOA5U, or they purchase the digital bundle version. (The one that you get the full game unlock included in the purchase immediately). Very few people actually buy all of the content separately, and even those that do take a while before they buy all of the content required for the full game. That is why it took so long for this problem to surface. For all we know this problem most likely existed since day 1. It's just that nobody really noticed it until much later.

At any rate I'm getting nowhere with SCEE, (they just keep telling me to delete and re-download the data. Which does not fix the problem). So if anybody is able to find a way past this problem please let me know. If anyone here has any way to contact either SONY COMPUTER ENTERTAINMENT or KOEI TECMO and get past the "Just delete the data and re-download it." brick wall and possibly get them to look into this problem please do so. Perhaps others will have better luck then I when trying to get help from SONY.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD