Rachel Buffs

Is Rachel really a good character, or was it that her pre-patch offense was too braindead?

• Total voters

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
I'm uploading a video now showing it in two different locations. I kept in all the failed attempts so you guys can help me pick apart what causes it but I'll be damned if I can figure it out. No real change in what I'm doing.

EDIT: Yeah that was my experience too only I did it in two different parts of Lorelei. You'll see.

Last edited:

Drake Aldan

What it could be... is that if you are further away from the wall, the opponent bounces later, and you end up recovering faster... enabling the airgrab? And if you're too close you don't recover in time?

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
I didn't really move a whole lot while doing 8k in place and I even dashed in sometimes. I tried doing it with me farther away, the opponent, open and closed stance, etc. Nothing consistent at all that I could find.

StrikerSashi

Premium Donor
Get rid of the fucking increased startup frames on stomp. Move is unusable now, since you can back tech every setup and it will whiff every time, AND she's at complete disadvantage. Such a stupid nerf.
Well, I mean, the point is that if you do the setup but don't do the stomp, they're negative when they tech.

Codemaster92163

What it could be... is that if you are further away from the wall, the opponent bounces later, and you end up recovering faster... enabling the airgrab? And if you're too close you don't recover in time?

That is precisely how it works. I should know - I've worked a lot on wall juggles with certain characters.

For that throw to land consistently when an opponent is hit into a wall, you either need to use a move that wallsplats with a faster recovery than 8K, or use it further away from the wall.

vINv

i think a real question is how to make her balanced because now shes realky bad vs speed chars or ne char with a fair ammount of mid low mix up despite her deep stuns how competitive is she now...

Drake Aldan

For that throw to land consistently when an opponent is hit into a wall, you either need to use a move that wallsplats with a faster recovery than 8K, or use it further away from the wall.
I went and checked the frame data... That move doesn't exist :(

so it's just a spacing thing, then...

Kayin Amoh

I can't help but feel she should really have a catch throw off her twirl attacks. Also, anyone who played Sigma probably misses her jump throw and the decapitation off her roll. Have it be a timed throw off her 66P+F neck snap, scrub the part where the opponent's head pops off and everything would be groovy.

Oh yeah, some moves which aren't mid punches might be nice.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD