Rachel nerfs

FatalxInnocence

Can you guys post videos or something? Cause seriously, I still endlessly win with her... do you guys solely use Rachel? =S or is she just one character in your many?

I still think she's alright lol I also think she's being downplayed severely.

Only character I struggle with is really Christie... but I struggle against Christie regardless of who I'm using. I need some visual proof of "high level" Rachel matches, of them getting completely obliterated ( because everyone is making out like she's just... the Tager of DOA. ) I still see Rachel's winning a lot. She's a great counter bait character.

As I stated earlier, being predictable has it's upsides. Especially in a game like DOA.

But yes, I'd like what you guys consider high level gameplay footage with Rachel. Cause I really don't see what you guys are saying in regards to her being terrible.

Itz King Beebop

Can you guys post videos or something? Cause seriously, I still endlessly win with her... do you guys solely use Rachel? =S or is she just one character in your many?

I still think she's alright lol I also think she's being downplayed severely.

Only character I struggle with is really Christie... but I struggle against Christie regardless of who I'm using. I need some visual proof of "high level" Rachel matches, of them getting completely obliterated ( because everyone is making out like she's just... the Tager of DOA. ) I still see Rachel's winning a lot. She's a great counter bait character.

As I stated earlier, being predictable has it's upsides. Especially in a game like DOA.

But yes, I'd like what you guys consider high level gameplay footage with Rachel. Cause I really don't see what you guys are saying in regards to her being terrible.

The fact of whether Rachel gets wins or not depends completely upon the experience and comfortability with the game... I personally find it hard to get into the game because the overall pace of the game seems all too reckless for me, and the fact that Rachel is an offense character kind of pushes me far from my comfort zone ('cause I don't play all out offense characters unless they are Steve from Tekken, Kitana from MK, or Sarah from VF; it sucks that I can't make the transition between games though.)

As I've stated before, a lot of Rachel's defense revolves around very accurate countering and punishing... and with the experience that comes with playing the game, it should become easier to do the longer you play. I never really said Rachel gets smacked, it's just that it's really easy to smack her; with about 65% of her MUs with the cast being out of Rachel's favor. I personally suck at the game, so even though I don't lose as often as I make it sound, I struggle most of the time playing her (that's mostly because my punishing and countering are both equally shitty.) It's funny, my Rachel has a 96% win percentage in Ranked matches (I don't sit around fighting Es and Fs all day) and my Lobby Match win percentage is like a 43% (because I play with my friends who, needless to say, have been taught how to fight Rachel... and they know how bad of a character she is.)

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion I guess... and I guess that's why idiots think Jun is high tier on Tekken LOL...

vINv

LOL beeb bop hes right ur wins with rachel are experince dependent. more reaction based then any char and movement based limited tools and limited mix ups force you to have a true understanding of the game to beat high lvl players with her. also online wins dont amount to much. so if winning high lvl games off line kudos but if all you wins are on the net ..... then of course your not gunna see what were talking about :/

Last edited:

Pictured Mind

I'm still pretty chill with Rachel.
That she sucks is just something people say to make themselves feel better when they lose with her, or because she got nerfed people are still upset. Insert a trollface here if you want.

She's not a top tier character. Her best tool got patched and her frames got fucked up pretty bad. She's not a bad character either. She's a unique character and you need to understand what you should do before you use her. Don't spam.

TRI Mike

I honestly think she's pretty good after patch. Me and my group are playing the game in 240 life and her damage is simply intense. No one can afford to make two mistakes against her because even a single 4T can take 40% life.

She can also so a quick 7P after sit-down stunning and not many players escape from it. 4P is still hard for her opponents to react to as well and I can even loop the fuck out of people with 66T and PPT.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD