Revamp Rachel?

• new move set with new frames

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • or keep her the way she is

Votes: 11 78.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

vINv

who here thinks rachel should be taken out and remade with a all new moveset so that she can win and be played at a competitive level come on rachel players band together get our voice heard and im not saying make her stier just give a fighting chance Btier at best

STBALLA1990

I just started to explore Rachel, and I kind of like her the way she is, but maybe that's just me. Never got to use her pre-patch

Kayin Amoh

She does need new moves, but not to the extent of abandoning everything she has. Team Ninja really don't seem to know what to do with her at the moment, so I'm hoping by Doa 6 she'll have been given a more balanced playstyle.

Nobus3r1

she still had good frame-advantage even after the patch
Are we looking at the same frame data?!? Her numbers are terrible. She has ~2 moves that are actually positive on block. All but two of her guard breaks are (for some reason) are negative. I don't know about you but to me that looks like pretty shitty frame-advantage across the board.

DontForkWitMe

The problem with her is that their is already an oversaturation of slow heavy hitting grapplers in the series and she is the least effective of all of them and has nothing she really excels in that the others aren't more suited for.

STBALLA1990

Are we looking at the same frame data?!? Her numbers are terrible. She has ~2 moves that are actually positive on block. All but two of her guard breaks are (for some reason) are negative. I don't know about you but to me that looks like pretty shitty frame-advantage across the board.

I'm going off personal experience and not the paperwork, on paper it says negative but I can still keep the pressure on a character like Hayate or Ayane once I get in. But I dont know thats just my opinion.

Prince Adon

Best in the World!!!
Premium Donor
The way she is played and the type of moves she has is fine. The problem is she need more advantage buff. Not saying she should be like she was before, but better than she is now.

If you take them as frame advantage, they are shitty. If you take the numbers independently, I see safety. Sure, they guard break but if the guard breaks weren't there, we would be talking about her safety instead. Her safety is what allows her to have a sort-of offense because her free cancels leave her at small disadvantage. It's too bad she doesn't have rly good crushes to take more advantage of this.

I'd like her to not just be Nicole with an air grab and a S&M stomp...

Even Nicole had grappler grabs and an awesome 12 frame grab...Rachel has her sidestep twirl...She doesn't need to be unique but she could have had more stuff.

The problem with her is that their is already an oversaturation of slow heavy hitting grapplers in the series and she is the least effective of all of them and has nothing she really excels in that the others aren't more suited for.

I see lots of light and mid characters in this game, but only 4 heavies. Leon is offensive, Bayman is defensive, and Bass is a grappler. I definitely see room for more, and there is room for a middle-of-the-road heavyweight, which is where Rachel comes in. She could be better, but I feel she is designed to be middle-of-the-road: good grab damage (besides her 12 frame throw), good hold damage (besides her mid kick hold launcher), and decent strikes. TN can approach her this way, but they need something other than a nerf bat.

TRI Mike

I don't agree much. It's true that there are several grapplers in the game but none of them are alike in hardcore play and I honestly don't find Rachel shitty at all... even post-patch.

DontForkWitMe

I don't agree much. It's true that there are several grapplers in the game but none of them are alike in hardcore play and I honestly don't find Rachel shitty at all... even post-patch.

Thats my point, the other grapplers fill out pretty much every role/playstyle.

Defensive/Evasion/advanced counters/parries- Bayman
Offense/Guardbreak pressure/Environmental use- Leon
Mixups/Great Crushes//blonde with enormous tits- Tina
Ground game pressure/Vortex shenanigans/- Bass

The above four also have extremely high throw damage output, chain grabs and can ground grapple with guaranteed setups for them to make up for their slower speed where Rachel has none of that.

Then throw in hybrid characters like Busa, Lisa, and Mila who have fast attacks and good mixups to go along with their grapple game and Rachel looks even more out of place with nothing that stands out for her. obviously Im not saying shes complete shit and can never win but she is indeed the worst of the grapplers overall due to not excelling at any category that the other grapplers have her beat in

Last edited:

TRI Mike

You do have a point but I still believe she's pretty cool and has a lot of crap the others don't.

Oh and Leifang is kind of a grappler too.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD