DOA5LR Raidou 623P Guide 6[3P] Method (For Pad Players)

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
This is a short guide for those trying to perform this move:

Saifu-Sho: :6::2:[:3::P:]

Within the movelist, the short details tell you to "Push :3: and :P: at the same time" (Same description details as Eliot's movelist). For Pad players, you only have to hit :6: and then immediately :2:+:6:(Together with your thumb/finger) and then :P: at the same exact time.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Here are hands on gif to how I do it with an actual Dualshock PS4 controller. (Thanks to @Chapstick for providing the .gif images.)

Slow speed and placing fingers:
gSu30o9.gif

Normal speed:
YJTXVbz.gif

Up there is an example on where I place the inputs but at a much faster pace.

Slow speed (Performing 3x):
S9Ysmv3.gif

Normal speed (Performing 3x):
HRzGnFA.gif

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have questions, ask away.

1FfgDK5.gif

@SilverForte @Chapstick

NOTE: This is specifically for players who play on Dualshock/Pad/Fight pad etc. You don't need to do this if you play on stick.

*Still updating*

Last edited:

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
The thing is that people don't really need to press :3: and :P: on the same frame and there is at least a 3-4 frame leniency for the input. The mistake that some seem to be making is to either delay it for too long or press the button before completing the dirextional input.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
It's the same frequency timing as Eliot's string. The issue is that a lot of players are doing this on a pad with the input being in a corner direction, so because it's on pad they are hitting directions not intended and adding more directions than you need to (Players are even trying to do this via motion which you don't need to at all.) causing them to either drop it or get a different command.

When you look at the PS4 controller up there, there are no actual 1 3 7 9 directional inputs. You have to manually press two of the directions to get a corner input, which is why when people are doing 33 inputs there are signs of buffering 2 in there or even 6 unintentionally and their move can still come out. So the trick here is taking advantage of one of the directions with the player focusing on one, which is :3: on P1 side and :1: on P2 side. The one you are taking advantage of is :2:.

So basically it's :6: and then immediately :3: :P:(There is a speed pace here on when to buffer) because :2: is already pressed.

Last edited:

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
Honestly, I'd rate the ps4 d-pad higher than ps3. It's a very very good pad and all the Tekken players using it are pretty happy with the results. Since ps4 pads work on ps3s, that works out pretty well for them.

My suggestion for anyone serious about getting this move down 100% of the time is to download Tekken Revolution on PS3 or Tag2 and practice EWGF at least three times. I guarantee you will never ever drop Raidou's electric. Kazuya is a good character to use. No need to practice with Heihachi.

Ignore everything not an EWGF (including PEWGF and DEWGF). Dash EWGF does actually apply to DOA, but getting the move down first is the main priority.

Darkslay

The Main Man's tutorial covers the EWGF as well, adding some exercises and routines as well:
Kazuya is indeed a good character to practice it with, thanks to his Mist Step (:6::5:, f, n)

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Honestly, I'd rate the ps4 d-pad higher than ps3. It's a very very good pad and all the Tekken players using it are pretty happy with the results. Since ps4 pads work on ps3s, that works out pretty well for them.

My suggestion for anyone serious about getting this move down 100% of the time is to download Tekken Revolution on PS3 or Tag2 and practice EWGF at least three times. I guarantee you will never ever drop Raidou's electric. Kazuya is a good character to use. No need to practice with Heihachi.

Ignore everything not an EWGF (including PEWGF and DEWGF). Dash EWGF does actually apply to DOA, but getting the move down first is the main priority.

This could also work, although the proper timing is more strict there (Which is really no need for strict timing on DOA) whereas DOA is more generous when it comes to buffering inputs. Either way, you are still getting profit for performing it with the trick way rather than a standard way. Basically the PS4 pad overall is providing extra help because you are committing yourself to hitting the corners along with hitting the moves you are doing at the same time instead of actually doing 6 > 2 > [3P]. Which can be converted to 6 > 2[3P]

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
I used EGWFs pretty regularly in TEKKEN Revolution and no they don't prepare you for Raidou's stuff.

Iron Tager's air throw
Tekken EGWF
Street Fighter DPs

I can do all those just fine then I get to Raidou and did I suddenly become unable to do the motion? no, it just got much stricter for no goddam reason. basically DOA just fucked up implementing them. this method helps but all it does is make me want to play Jin each time I hurt my fingers doing this dam move.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
It's a terrible, fidgety input. I've seen some be able to do it, and others will take minutes to get it one single time. I'm convinced the input is broken and will not be fixed for ease of use. The only viable way Raidou is every going to win a tournament is from surprise factor alone.

If someone expects you to use him, you will be dominated by speed alone. Prove me wrong if you think otherwise.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
How is the input broken? what are you playing on? stick? pad?

I do the exact same input the exact same way -- sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't work. I am playing on XBOX ONE. I have better luck using analog than the d-pad. I don't have consistency issues with any other irregular inputs.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
The method I have up there is for mostly PS4 pads / pads that do not have actual diagonal buttons. I am not fond for XBOX pads overall due to the smaller structure on trying to figure out where exactly are the inputs. The method up there works really well with PS3/PS4 pads.

Someone here could possibly post a XB1 version and I'll gladly put it up there along with the person's name.

xOmniCloudx

As a pad Kazuya main from Tekken, Raidou's electric was insanely easy as soon as I tried it as I got it the first time and the most the times I tried. The timing feels a bit different but it also feels much easier as well. Kaz's EWGF tricks are valid and will definitely help you get this move down as it's more or less the same premise. The other Mishimas need an additional forward input since they don't have a mist step like Kaz does so if you're not doing it like Kazuya's, you'll almost never get Raidou's electric.

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
Heihachi main here. I don't think it's any different from a regular EWGF input except that you don't necessarily need a neutral input and you can buffer it as Raidou.

But one thing is definitely true; his ewgf is the easiest. Nothing compares to it.

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
the biggest problem with Raidou's is that its his best juggling tool so you have to do it in quick succession. in Tekken that's not the case so only really need to do it once.

xOmniCloudx

the biggest problem with Raidou's is that its his best juggling tool so you have to do it in quick succession. in Tekken that's not the case so only really need to do it once.

This is not true at all. First of all, EWGF is one of the best juggling tools in all of Tekken and is the best juggling tool for ALL of the Mishimas. They all get their most damaging juggle damage from at least EWGFx2 as the start of the juggle or the end of it. One of Kaz and Devil Jin's most damaging juggles is EWGFx5 (Heihachi and normal Jin can not do this one due to hitboxes being different so Hei caps out at EWGFx4 and I forget if normal Jin caps out at 3 or 4 for his EWHF) and in at least the case of Kaz, his greatest low parry and ff+3 damage follow up is EWGFx4. EWGFx3 is also the most common for the most damaging Mishima combos since the beginning has two of them and the ender is a EWGF or DEWGF.

Also, Kaz can indeed do EWGF as fast as Raidou can but he has a bigger window to do it so doesn't have to always. The timing Kaz needs for EWGF changes depending on the combo due to hitboxes as well as which particular EWGF did before and the timing for when they were performed. It's really only long range DWEGF where it's delayed. SDEWGF and PEWGF will require Kaz do it as fast as possible to get them to work, especially PEWGF as it's 13fs whereas all of Kaz's other EWGF's come out at 14f.

EDIT:
What is the frame data for Raidou's electric now that I ask? If it's above 14 frames then his is easier, period and if it's 14 then it's as easy as Kaz's at the very least. I find it hard to believe that his is 13 frames give how even the best Mshimas can't get PEWGF consistently even in a situation like CH d/f+2 or a 13f punisher. It's basically random outside those scenarios. However, EWGF works by inputting d/f and 2 in the same frame so Raidou may have an extra frame or two to work with there which even at faster frames would make his more doable in the end.

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD