Rank Points Needed To Next Grade

Whats up Guys,I've seen quite a few different threads with people who are interested in how many points you need in order to reach the next rank,so I took the liberty of making a list for you to help those of you who like ranked battles (I couldn't stand ranked matches past a C Lol) so here it is guys,hope this helps someone out there! Make sure you guys remember that a higher rank doesn't necessarily a mean higher skill level,so don't get too hung up on your ranks! Also if you find that any of those are incorrect please let me know so i can make the proper changes to it!

F Rank-Given at the start
F+ Rank-400
E- Rank-1,000
E Rank-1,800
E+ Rank-3,300
D- Rank-4,900
D Rank-6,600
D+ Rank-8,400
C- Rank-10,300
C Rank-12,300
C+ Rank-14,400
B- Rank-17,600
B Rank-21,200
B+ Rank-25,200
A- Rank-30,000
A Rank-34,900
A+ Rank-40,000
S- Rank-51,000
S Rank-63,000
S+ Rank-78,000

I didnt play much of DoA 4,But i do know that after you reach rank C i believe,thats when you start to lose points for losing a match to someone. Im at a C+ right now and i lost anywhere from 50-55 points i think it is? Also i think you lose more points if you lose to someone who is a lower rank than you. It is possible to de-rank in this game though im fairly certain about that.

BlasianBorn

I didnt play much of DoA 4,But i do know that after you reach rank C i believe,thats when you start to lose points for losing a match to someone. Im at a C+ right now and i lost anywhere from 50-55 points i think it is? Also i think you lose more points if you lose to someone who is a lower rank than you. It is possible to de-rank in this game though im fairly certain about that.
But I'm guessing it is harder to de-rank due to the point system. Over time almost anyone can be an S+ if they play enough even if they're bad at the game, correct?

Yea it is harder to de-rank because of the system,but i dont think just anybody can get to an S+ unless you are REALLY determined Lol,the players at the higher ranks are no joke,and you never know what types of connections you are gonna run into until its too late...haha

BlasianBorn

Yea it is harder to de-rank because of the system,but i dont think just anybody can get to an S+ unless you are REALLY determined Lol,the players at the higher ranks are no joke,and you never know what types of connections you are gonna run into until its too late...haha
Oh yeah of course the S+'s right now are more likely expert players. But in the future when the game has been out for a while, I bet there are going to be many scrub players as S+'s. You didn't see any scrub SS, S, or A+ in DOA4 unless they were boosters and point leechers with a fake grade. You can't really do that on DOA5. Also in DOA4 you started out as a C so everyone started out in the middle so you can either go down or up in grade but now you only really go up. Lol.

True,i dont doubt that in the future there will be alot more higher ranked players,just know that either way it wont be easy,it will be very time consuming. I think anyone who wants to spend that much time in ranked should just find some good connection casual players and get better at the game,not really worry about their ranks so much,but its to each his/her own so i cant hate either way lol.

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
Cool. I was actually wondering about this last night. I only just started playing ranked though, so I'm an E right now, with just a few games to go until I hit E+.

I hate that you can't see your progress to your next grade in your fight record. I think that's really stupid. I have to go into a lobby match, select to register players to my fighter list and highlight myself to see how close I am.

I hope that they patch a grade progress bar into your fight record later.

synce

It's nice leveling up but I think the biggest draw of ranked matches is (mostly) no waiting if you lose and (mostly) no whining if you win. I'll pick Alpha in a lobby match and everyone leaves. :rolleyes:

X_Fact0r

So no matter the rank until you hit C-, you don't lose anything? Guess they are taking the Soul Calibur system of not losing points from E5 to E1. Guess that means I can figure out who of my two mains to actually main while I get up to C-.

daman077c

Yeah, you can de-rank by losing; I actually lost a match right after I ranked to C- and was de-ranked back to D+. :rolleyes: I've since re-ranked, and now have a C+, partially due to beating two different B+players (Tamisu and another guy, I can't remember his GT). I held an A- in 4, so I think I could get to it and better it in 5.

Yea you dont start losing points until a C- so you have time to figure out who you wanna use and stuff like that without having to have that big F next to your name lol. Hey i dont run from you bob! Your alpha is pretty dam good though i have to admit. =P

Doug Nguyen

I miss the old DOA4 ranking just for the fact that its too easy to be a high level since you barely lose any points now.

P1naatt1ke1tt0

I think that since it doesn't require any changes in the graphics or user interface, they could easily change the ranking system so that it would be easier to lose points. S-level grades should not be achievable by simply playing alot.

The only thing bad in the DOA4-system was that it was too easy to have huge winning streaks, earning an extra 150 points for every consecutive victory. This resulted in boosters fighting only opponents with a rank of like B- and under, BUT in this installation it wouldn't be a problem because you can't choose your opponent.

shunwong

Yea you dont start losing points until a C- so you have time to figure out who you wanna use and stuff like that without having to have that big F next to your name lol. Hey i dont run from you bob! Your alpha is pretty dam good though i have to admit. =P

I'm around D and lose points if I lose a match already.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD