Ripping Sands - Leon Combos

Drake Aldan

Leon's not too complicated when it comes to combos, but it's nice to have everything in one place, right? Feel free to contribute (anything new).

There is some redundancy for simplicity's sake.

Everything (for now, anyway) is pretty much taken from UprisingJC's Leon Combo Video.
All combos tested with "Fast" stagger escape.

---

CH :3::P:
- :214::P:, :H+P: (85)
- While Rising :K:, :H+P: (86)
- :4::K:, :2::H+P: (Guaranteed ground throw attempt, 63-81)
- :2::P+K:, :4::K:, :2::H+P: (Guaranteed ground throw attempt, 90)

---

CH :6::6::K:
- :6::6::P::P::P: (66) (Dash in deeply with :6::6:, but do not hold it so long that you end up doing "Shoulder Tackle".)
- :214::P+K: (51) (Necessary at :6::6::K: tip range.)

---

:4::P+K::P:, :H+P: (75)

---

:9::P:
- :2::K: (40)
- :2::H+P: (Guaranteed ground throw attempt, 48-66)

---

:3::3::P:, :214::P:, :236::P: (58)
:3::3::P:, :214::P:, :6::6:, :H+P: (77)

====

Did you stun your opponent near a wall?

:236::P:, W!, :3::P::P: (+60)
:6::6::K:, W!, :3::P::P: (+52)
:6::6::P::P:, W!, :H+P: (+73)

If you can scare your opponent into holding, :6::H+P: does 103 damage.
:426::H+P: does 127.

(If you do not get Hi-Counter, :426::H+P: will only do 88 damage, so don't be ashamed to use :6::H+P: if you don't have the speed.)

===

To Critical Burst:

CH :6::P::P::K:, :P+K: (60)

---

CH :3::P:
- :6::P::P::K:, :P+K: (74) (You may omit the :K: from :6::P::P::K: for -12 damage.)
- :8::P::P:, :P+K: (63)
- :6::6::P::P:, :P+K: (65)
- :2::K:, :3::K:, :P+K: (63) (You must be close enough for :2::K: to hit.) (Blockable if Critical Hold is at Fastest)

---

:7::P:, :P::6::P::K:, :P+K: (61) (Blockable if Critical Hold is at Fastest)

---

:6::6::P::P:
- :3::P:, :P+K: (54)
- :2::K:, :3::K:, :P+K: (63) (Because of :6::6::P::P:'s step-in, :2::K: is more consistent here.) (Blockable if Critical Hold is at Fastest)
- :H+K:, :P+K: (58) (Blockable if Critical Hold is at Fastest)

---

:8::K:, :6::6::P::P:, :P+K: (65) (Blockable if Critical Hold is at Fastest)

---

:H+K:, :6::P::P:, :P+K: (58) (The :K: in :6::P::P::K: whiffs if you are hitting from farther away.) (Blockable if Critical Hold is at Fastest)

====

Finish your Critical Burst with:

While Rising :K:, :H+P: (+61)
While Rising :K:, :3::P:, :H+P: (+63) (Middleweights)
While Rising :K:. :6::6::P::P:, :H+P: (+73) (Lightweights)
While Rising :K:, :4::K:, :2::H+P: (Guaranteed ground throw attempt, +68) (May whiff on Lightweights)
:8::P::P::P:, :6::6:, :H+P: (+69) (Gen Fu and below)
:1::[p+k]: (+80 Power Blow)
:214::[[p+k]]:, :8:(:P:):P::P:, :~:, :3::P:, :H+P: (+93 Power Launcher)
:214::[[p+k]]:, :8:(:P:):P::P:, While Rising :K:, :H+P: (+98 Power Launcher) (Middle/Lightweights)

====

Stage-Specific Combos:

The Tiger Show, hitting the tiger from the ring of fire – :236::P:

---

Table/wallbreak stun in Home – Run in deep and either
- :3::K:, :214::P:, :H+P:
- :4::K:, :2::H+P:

---

Hit the blue generator in Scramble (construction site) – :4::K:,:2::H+P: (You can mash :4::K: during the cinematic to make timing easier.)

---

Hit the big bumper in The Show – :9::P:

---

Hit the flying car in Scramble – Run forward (as soon as car hits), :4::K:, :2::H+P:

---

Hit the grounded white car/steel girdle in Scramble – :~:, :9::P: (Time it carefully.)

---

Temple of the Dragon – Any combo leading into Power Launcher, run in deep and either
- :3::K:, :214::P:, :H+P: (+111)
- :4::K:, :2::H+P: (Guaranteed throw attempt, +73-91) (4K may break the floor if you are on the upper levels.)

---

RPG! in Hot Zone – :236::P:

(:9::P:, :2::H+P: is possible. The opponent can tech to avoid being mounted, but it could be worth a shot.)

---

Hit the helicopter (Power Blow) in Hot Zone – Run forward, :4::K:, :2::H+P:

---

Hit the sandbags in Hot Zone – You may use any launch or go for CB. If you go for a Back Catapult in your combo (:4::H+P:) you will not get a wallsplat against the sandbags (you won't trigger the tank). (ed. as of 1.03 you will trigger the tank!)

Last edited:

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
If you're not close, but still manage to land both :3::K: and :214::P: on a crouching opponent, it's possibly to buffer a dash and still manage to connect the air throw. Tested on Christie, btw.

RiBu

The only thing you need now is 4P+K,P...it's literally a christmas present to yourself every time the 4P+K connects. No need to get fancy or try and for longer combos.

alexbib

I can't seem to get CB + While Rising :K:. :6::6::P::P:, :H+P: (+73) (Lightweights) to work. Any tips? Does the timing of WR K matter, or just do everything that comes after as fast as possible?

Drake Aldan

I can't seem to get CB + While Rising :K:. :6::6::P::P:, :H+P: (+73) (Lightweights) to work.
It must be done very fast. Try it on Kasumi or Mila and do :6::6::P::P: as fast as possible after While Rising :K:.

Personally I would just save myself the hassle and :3::P: instead. Pay 10 damage for less combo drops,
works for me.

Sly Bass

Premium Donor
So ah, how do you play Leon's stun game? I feel like the only moves to get the opponent stunned are 66P and 7P on normal hit. P and 3P for CH. I can never continue for a CB because I can't get the opponent into a stun status.

Darth Lotonic X

"No Timing" Power Launcher combos from my guide.

No Wall:
Alpha-Middle: (:3::P:) :3::P:, :6::6::P::P:, :H+P: (105)
Heavy: (:3::P:) :3::P:, :3::P:, :H+P: (95)
The first connecting :3::P: whiffs when hugging the Wall:

Wall: Required
Alpha/Light: (:H+P:) :6::P::P::K:, :H+P: (103)
Middle: (:2::P:) :3::P:, :3::P:, :H+P: (95)

XZero264

FSD | Nichol
Premium Donor
I'll contribute!
Power Launchers that hit:

Ceiling (On Floors that Won't Break):
All: :2::1::4::[[P+K]]: > :6::6: > :2::K: > :3::K: > :P+K: - 81 and Critical Burst if CB was not used beforehand (:3::K: can be held. Can also be used on floors that break in 2 or more hits).
All: :2::1::4::[[p+k]]: > :[[p+k]]::H+P: > Choose direction > :H+P: - 137

Ceiling and Breakable Floors (Home/Temple):
Alpha: :2::1::4::[[P+K]]: > :6::6: > :3::K: > :2::1::4::P: > :6::6::P::P: > Choose Direction > :H+P: - 127
Lights- Super Heavy: :2::1::4::P+K: > :6::6: > :3::K: > :2::1::4::P: > :6::6: > :H+P: - 112

Ceiling Next to Wall:
All: :2::1::4::[[P+K]]: > :2::3::6::[[P]]: > :3::P::P: - 110 including wall damage (120 head on)

XZero264

FSD | Nichol
Premium Donor
One I found messing around (while silly and should only be used if you do it on accident) is an uncharged PL into 66PPP. The inital 66P will whiff but the rest should hit. Of course the PL can be teched but hey.

Personal discovery was the bounce on an uncharged PL with Marie Rose and I wanted to see how it could be used with Leon.

SweetSauceBoss

Just found that you can do 2x WR:K:s after a CB into air throw. Does about 4-6pts more damage than WR:K: :3::P: and looks cooler imo. Works on everyone (including Helena and Gen fu) except Super heavyweights.

Pre-edit: This means if you hit a Hi-counter WR:K:, you can hit another one into an air throw.

Edit: It requires tight execution and will probably never work online lol.

Last edited:

SweetSauceBoss

One I found messing around (while silly and should only be used if you do it on accident) is an uncharged PL into 66PPP. The inital 66P will whiff but the rest should hit. Of course the PL can be teched but hey.

Personal discovery was the bounce on an uncharged PL with Marie Rose and I wanted to see how it could be used with Leon.

If they get too lazy and don't tech the raw PL, you can hit 9P into ground throw (dervish throw). I was trying some stuff with that too xD.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD