Rumor: DOA5 release set for Winter 2012?

According to the Tecmo Koei Europe Dead or Alive 5 page, the release date for Dead or Alive 5 is set for Winter 2012. At the time of posting, the date is still posted. Of course, most knowledgeable players will tell you that a fall/winter release was expected due to the timeline of announcing the title. So this is no surprise really, more of an affirmation. Still, I'm keeping the "Rumor:" tag up as it's not been confirmed in any way. I'm sure the release date will be announced with a more set in stone date as time goes by. For now, they need a placeholder for game stores to start taking pre-orders.

DOA5EURelease.jpg

I know we're all hoping for a delay to lead to some more polish with the title but I have this feeling that Koei is pushing for a 2012 release just because Team Ninja hasn't really been pulling in much and they need to get another marketable title out there sooner. This is a business after all.

Their schedule for end of year 2012 leaves time for polishing. It sounds like noses are to the grindstone there right now if they can't spare anyone to translate their tweets!

Their schedule for end of year 2012 leaves time for polishing. It sounds like noses are to the grindstone there right now if they can't spare anyone to translate their tweets!

That tweet made no sense to me. Since when is a PR part of the development team?

What games beside Ninja Gaiden 3 are Tecmo Koei releasing next year?

Tecmo? Probably nothing. Koei? Probably something related to Dynasty warriors haha. Team Ninja is the only thing they got. Tecmo tried to pump out a new IP last year, and it was terrible lol.

Koei's releasing Dynasty Warriors One Piece edition this year.

What's really surprising is that they're releasing a game in the Christmas season, something I would think Koei would avoid like the plague based on what I've heard from them.

Eitherway, December might be good for NEC XIII :).

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD