Sarah Tag Thread

Dr. Teeth

Standard Donor
I didn't see this listed anywhere, so I figured I'd make the thread. Just going to start off by saying that the refloat on FLA:3::P::K: in juggles has been increased to the point of ridiculousness in tag mode. It's not an infinite, but I've been able to carry people from one side of the ring to the other with this alone depending on the size of the stage. The most amount of damage I've gotten just by looping this over and over is 130 before they usually fall out if it. It's awesome.

It should be noted that I don't own a PS3, so I can only play on version 1.02 of the game. If this doesn't work anymore then feel free to tell me to STFU.

Saber

Just spam 3PK all day with Sarah. Have Kasumi as your tag partner and have Kasumi use her Hoshinpo KK (or variation) to reset launch and repeat.

I even managed to make the relaunch too high for Sarah to follow up. WTF.

Dr. Teeth

Standard Donor
The relaunch thing can happen with most characters if you tag cancel fast enough. All you really need to do is tag Sarah with anybody in the game, launch, tag cancel, and 3PK your way to victory. It's so good. I'm really hoping this doesn't get patched somewhere down the line.

Dave

Lol. I saw this in tag one day even before the patch. It's insane. I saw someone lose almost all their health just from that mover being used over and over.

Dr. Teeth

Standard Donor
Is it still in the game? I would think so, but I don't have the patch so I wouldn't know for sure.

Saber

100% still in, and what's even better is that there's NO WALL BLOW BACK, so feel free to abuse that shit. Also to note is that her FL6KK is followup-able.

Too bad the stage selection in Tag Mode is just sad. And too bad the Dojo isn't selectable either. Would love to see plenty of people abuse relaunchers on that stage since there are zilch walls.

Dr. Teeth

Standard Donor
WOW. Here I was worried TN would patch it out, but they buffed it instead haha. Refloat abuse is a key component of tag play, and Sarah just makes it too easy. It's kinda braindead to set up, too. I'm working on a tag guide over in the Tina forums that has a list of juggle loops (or refloat loops, whatever you want to call them) for every combination of characters if anyone's interested. It's Tina-centric, but it should help anyone who's interested in tag. I'm also going to be working on some Tina/Sarah tech if that's anyone's thing.

phoenix1985gr

I trie a cobination with leifang and i didnt find it as good as others team options... sure the fact that 3pk doesnt wallsplat is good but the damage i get with lei-kas, lei tina and lei ayane is much metter... could someone show me a vid how its best used? i have trouble taging after every 3pk for more height with leis 9kkk and relying only on 3pk loops isnt damaging enough

Dr. Teeth

Standard Donor
The thing that makes 3pk good isn't necessarily the damage. Its main benefit is positioning and running down the clock. It's super easy to get your opponent to the wall with it, and you can kill a lot of time just because it loops so much. Add to the fact that you can tag cancel into it off of literally any launcher in the game (I have yet to find one that it doesn't work with) and it's just a really, really good tool. You'll definitely be able to do more damage with other juggles and setups and it's not going to win you any matches by itself, but it's just a really great tool. I don't have any recording equipment, but I'll try and record something on my phone later. It's the best I can do I'm afraid.

synce

Just a heads up, they've seriously toned down 3PK in 5U's tag (at least in open space) so abuse it like crazy before it's gone lol

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD