DOA5LR Sarah's Fantastic Flamingo Fiesta V1.2 The "No Escape" Edition.

Lulu

Disclaimer.
Theres alot of coloured text that won't be visible in FSD Light. I wrote this in FSD Dark.
I optimized the guide for Stagger Escaping, so there is "No Escape".

Introduction.
I've been sitting on this one for way too long. Okay so Flamingo is Sarah's most lethal stance and to be honest...... I don't like using it at all.... seriously I don't even know why I dislike it so much. Anyway.... hopefully I won't let that cloud my ability to do this Break Down justice.

Getting Started. (:8::P+K::P+K:)

So the primary purpose of the Flamingo Stance is to exert dominance over your opponent by getting in up close and personal and forcing them to deal with Fast and Safe Mix Up options... this works especially well on Block. The default way of entering into Flamingo Stance is :8::P+K::P+K:

Flamingo Transitioning Kicks.
These are Sarahs Kicks that will transtion her into the Flamingo Stance naturally.

1.:P::P::P::8::K::high: Combo Scarecrow
(Dis)Advantage On Block/On Hit/Counter Hit (Critical Stun): (-8/+1/+26)
Notes: The Combo Scarecrow is slightly different than the Feather Scarescrow.... first of all, the kick in this String hits High and it doesn't Launch on Counter hit. It also give Sarah slightly less Advantage. And is one of the Few Flamingo Transitioning Kicks that are not plus on Block..... ofcourse... the opponent doesn't need to know that... shhhhhh.... it will be our lil secret ;) it also Crushes Low Attacks.
2.:6::P::4::K::high: Elbow Hook Kick
(Dis)Advantage On Block/On Hit//Counter Hit (Critical Stun): (-3/+10/+38)
Notes: Sarah's Elbow will hit mid but the Hook Kick will hit high.... and its also another one of the Flamingo Transitioning Kicks thats negative on Block.... luckily this one is Safe. Landing this on counter hit grants a huge advantage, but it also creates a large gap between Sarah and her Opponent.
3.:3::P::K::high: Setup Combination
(Dis)Advantage On Block/On Hit/Counter Hit (Critical Stun): (+3/+6/+27)
Notes: Now we're talking.... Sarah's first Flamingo Transitioning Kick that is positive on Block... the down side is both Attacks in this String hit High... so you will be susceptible to High Crushes.
4.:8::K::mid: Feather Scarecrow
(Dis)Advantage On Block/On Hit/Counter Hit (Critical Stun): (+2/+33/Float)
Notes: Sarah's 2nd Flamingo Transitioning Kick that is positive on block... and this time we're in luck... this one hits mid.... but it Launches on Counter hit and it has a particulaly slow start up meaning Sarah's the one who is likely to get counter hit. But should you get lucky and hit someone who happens to not be doing anything then you'l get plenty of advantage. It also causes wall splats. And its also Crushes low attacks.

5.:4::K::mid: Switch Kick
(Dis)Advantage On Block/On Hit/Counter Hit (Critical Stun): (+3/+6/+17)
Notes: Sarah's 3rd Flamingo Transitioning Kick that is positive on Block..... now this one is everything the Feather Scarecrow isn't its faster and doesn't Float On Counter Hit..... it also doesn't give much advantage on Normal Hit
6.*:P+K::mid: Hide Side Kick
(Dis)Advantage On Block/On Hit/Counter Hit (Critical Stun): (+1/+1/+17)
Notes: Sarah's only Sabaki, which is fine because on the 13th Frame this Kick's Sabaki properties will deflect both Punches and Kicks that hit High and Mid for 11 Frames and the kick will connect 6 Frames after that...... It is Susceptible to High Counter Throws but unless you're spamming this kick night and day then I wouldn't worry about it. Oh and its Positive on Block.... so have fun with that. It will also place opponents in the Push Back version of the Sit Down Stun if Sarah's catches them Crouching. And Sarah also hops for a very short amount of time so she can beat low attacks.
7.:4::P+K::mid: Double Rise Kicks
(Dis)Advantage On Block/On Hit/Counter Hit (Critical Stun): (+3/+31/+31)
Notes: Sarah's 5th Flamingo Transitioning Kick that is positive on Block. These double mid hitting kicks make contact some where around the 24th Frame... this is pretty much a superior version of the Feather Scarecrow. Its also a Low Crush as it turns out. But the amount of time Sarah is air borne is actually very very short.
8.:H+K::K::high: Reverse High Kick
(Dis)Advantage On Block/On Hit/Counter Hit (Critical Stun): (+2/KD~+6/KD~+16)
Notes: Sarah's 6th Flamingo Transitioning Kick that is Positive on Block.... mind you the first kick is actually Negative -8 so thats something to keep in mind when cutting it in half. Now the second kick will only knock down if the first Kick connects.... if not then you'l get a small advantage.
9.:1::H+K::K::high: Valkyrie Sword
(Dis)Advantage On Block/On Hit/Counter Hit (Critical Stun):*(-2/+9/+37)
Notes: Sarah's 3rd Flamingo Transitioning Kick that is negative on Block.... luckily it is safe... its also a two in one on Normal Hit. But there is a catch, if the Low Kick is Blocked then the High Kick Follow Up will miss.... that -2 only applies if the low quick whiff's and then the High Kick gets blocked. This is primarily used to pop Sarah's opponents back up off the floor from a Flop Stun... and one of her Faint Stuns.
10.BT :H+K::high: Hook Kick Turn
(Dis)Advantage On Block/On Hit/Counter Hit (Critical Stun): (-3/+13/+13)
Notes: Sarah's 4th Flamingo Transitioning Kick that is negative on Block.... luckily its safe. Its also her Only Flamingo Transitioning Kick from her Back Turned Stance.
11.Step :K::~::K::~::K::low: Edge Kick Combo Triple
(Dis)Advantage On Block/On Hit/Counter Hit (Critical Stun): (-13/Faint Stun/Faint Stun)
Notes: This is not a Flamingo Transitioning Kick on Block because if the low kick is Blocked then you can't complete the string.... if the first kick Connects then you can and its all guaranteed, only on normal hit. The catch is you need to press :K: on hit to get the whole string.... if you succeed then you will be rewarded with a Faint Stun. It has completely different properties on Counter Hit.
12.Step :P+K::low: Fake
Parry Window: 0 (20) 14
Notes: Sarah's Low Punch Parry... when performing it from her Step Stance then it has a slightly longer recovery.... its unlikely you'l be parrying any low punches in DoA since they don't have the same priority like they do in Virtua Fighter. Perhaps you can use to bait out holds.... or just to taunt.;)

Flamingo To Flamingo.
These are Sarah's Kicks that will leave her in Flamingo Stance naturally.

1.FLA :P::2::K::~::K::~::K::low: Edge Kick Combo Triple
(Dis)Advantage On Block/On Hit/Counter Hit (Critical Stun): (-13/Faint Stun/Faint Stun)
Notes: This is the exact same Edge Kick Combo I mentioned before execept this one can be accessed from the Flamingo Stance.... the only difference is you have to throw out a high punch first.... and even if the high punch misses you can still get the Edge Kick if the first low kick connects.
2.FLA :K::K::2::K::K::high: Switch Low and High Combination
(Dis)Advantage On Block/On Hit/Counter Hit (Critical Stun): *(+2/+17/+45) -19
Notes: 3rd Kick in the String hits low and if its succesful then the 4th Kick can't be blocked. The advantage on block only applies if you whiff the 3rd Kick.... if the 3rd kick is Blocked then the 4th kick will miss and leave Sarah at -19
3.FLA :1::K::K::high: Switch Low and High
Notes: this is the 2nd Half of the previous String and its identical in every single way.
4.FLA:4::K::mid: Valkyrie Lancer
(Dis)Advantage On Block/On Hit/Counter Hit (Critical Stun): (-3/+7/+27)
Notes: this mid kick isn't much on Block.... or on hit for that matter but on Counter hit it will grant the Push Back Version of the Sit Down Stun... this is particularly useful against walls as it will not wall Splat... Linking two of these together on Counter Hit will cause a Zero-Gravity Bounce
5.FLA :P+K::low: Fake
Parry Window: 0 (20) 10
Notes: Sarah's Low Punch Parry.... its unlikely you'l be parrying any low punches in DoA since they don't have the same priority like they do in Virtua Fighter. Perhap you can use to bait out holds.... or just to taunt.
6.FLA:2:/:8::P+K::high: Side Neck Cut Sword
(Dis)Advantage On Block/On Hit/Counter Hit (Critical Stun): (-10/KD)
Notes:
7.:9::P+K: Moonsault.
Distance: 2.9~3.0M​

Flamingo Kick Cancels.
And These are Sarah's Kicks that won't cause a natural Flamingo Transition but has the option to do so... use these to surprise your unsuspecting Opponent.

1.:3::K::K::h::mid: Jack Knife Middle Kick
(Dis)Advantage On Block/On Hit/Counter Hit (Critical Stun): (-11/-5/+11)
Recovery Difference: -6
Notes: This is not a particularly good use of Sarah's Flamingo Cancel.... it actually increases the Disadvantage so High that this once Safe mid Kick becomes Highly Unsafe on block, and Semi-Safe on Hit.
2.:4::4::K::K::h::high: Sharp Sword Cancel
(Dis)Advantage On Block/On Hit/Counter Hit (Critical Stun): (-15/-8/+8)
Recovery Difference: -11
Notes: Just like the Previous Kick this one is so unsafe that I can become Punishable by quick Strikes. Plus its a High Kick so its also susceptible to High Crushes..... it does have Full Circular tracking though.... I think this is the only way to enter Flamingo while beating Side Steppers.
3.:6::P+K::P::K::h::high: Storm Combo Cancel
(Dis)Advantage On Block/On Hit/Counter Hit (Critical Stun): (-18/+1/+1)
Recovery Difference: -12
Notes: this once Semi Safe one two high punch becomes so Unsafe that It can be punished by slower more damaging strikes.... there's pretty much absolutely no reason to try this move. It is, however, one of only two ways to Enter Flamingo Stance from a Punch.
4.:6::P+K::3::P::K::h::mid: Blizard Combo Cancel
(Dis)Advantage On Block/On Hit/Counter Hit (Critical Stun): (-4/-2/+28)
Recovery Difference: +2
Notes: Now this the One Two punch you should be going for... the 2nd Punch hits mid and canceling the follow up Kick actually grants slightly more advantage... making this once Semi Safe move, completely safe on Block. note that if you only connect the 2nd Punch on Normal Hit then you'l be at -2.
5.:3::3::H+K::K::h::high: Spear Kick Cancel
(Dis)Advantage On Block/On Hit/Counter Hit (Critical Stun): (-8/+3/+15)
Recovery Difference: +1
Notes: This is the 2nd Flamingo Cancellable Kick that reduces Disadvantage..... but only by +1 so its still Throw Punishable.... its primarily used for Juggling.
6.:4::H+K::h: Crescent Heel Cancel
Duration: 10 (0) 11 Frames
Notes: Believe it or not this move actually does have some value.... its literally the fastest way of Entering Flamingo Stance and it will move Sarah forward when she does it. It takes 21 Frames to make this transition.
7.:9::H+K::K::h::mid: Sword Rush Cancel
(Dis)Advantage On Block/On Hit/Counter Hit (Critical Stun): (-1/+3/+20)
Recovery Difference: +3
Notes: By far Sarah's best Flamingo Cancel, its Rather Slow but the first kick is actually a Mid Knee and Sarah hops when she performs it, So thats a good low crush. It gives plenty of advantage on hit, only if both kicks connect, and its Safe on Block... I mean it was safe before but now its even safer.
8.FLA :2:/:8::P+K::h: Side Neck Cut Sword
Duration: 20 (0) 5
Notes: if you have 25 Frames to Spare.... you can sacrifice Damage to reposition yourself in the middle of attacking your opponent. Its particularly useful if you know a Critical Hold is coming since that will last atleast 35 Frames meaning you have 10 Frames left to spare for an attack after you change position.​

Flamingo Moves.
And here are Sarah's various options While she's in Flamingo Stance.

1.:P::K::mid: Back Knuckle Side Kick
Start Up: i10
(Dis)Advantage On Block/On Hit/Counter Hit (Critical Stun): (-6/-1/+18)
Notes: Well other than than the i10 Frame Jab this move doesn't seem to have much use.... its decent on Counter Hit since it grants a regular Crumple Stun.
2.:P::2::K::~::K::~::K::low: Edge Kick Combo Triple
Notes: I already covered this one but just for clarity: if the high punch misses you can still get the Edge Kick Combo if the first low kick connects.
3.:3::P::K::high: Setup Combination
(Dis)Advantage On Block/On Hit/Counter Hit (Critical Stun): (+3/+6/+27)
Notes: Yep... same move from her Normal Stance with all the same properties.
4.FLA :K::K::K::K::mid: Backer Shift Combination
Start Up: i11
(Dis)Advantage On Block/On Hit/Counter Hit (Critical Stun): (-15/Float/Float)
Notes: the 1st 2 Kicks are the best ones.... the 1st is +2 on Block and the 2nd is Neutral at +0. Only use the 3rd and Fourth Kick if you can either anticipate the opponent will try to crouch block or if you can confirm a successful hit on the first two kicks.
5.FLA :K::K::2::K::K::low: Switch Low and High Combination
Start Up: i11
Notes: The 1st half of the string is safe just like in the previous String. You can use the 2nd Half of the String if you're sure the opponent will not try to Crouch... if it connects then the 4th Kick Is guaranteed and grants a decent advantage. If the 3rd kick is Blocked then the 4th Kick will whiff and you'l be at a disadvantage of -19.... the 4th Kick can only be block if somehow the 3rd Kick misses and that will leave you at +2. Performing the Whole String will cause a Critical Stun and at the end of it will be a Juicy +45 Frames of advantage.... but there's a catch, it creates a huge gap in between Sarah and her Opponent.... it will also Trigger Dangerzones/Wall Splats with in 1.5 Linear Meters. Best Suitable for Invisible wall Combos.
6.:7::K::mid: Summersault Kick
Start Up: i14
(Dis)Advantage On Block/On Hit/Counter Hit (Critical Stun): (-27/Float/Float)
Notes: this Flash Kick is Identical to the one in her Normal Stance.... its highly unsafe.... its primary purpose is a juggle ender. It causes a knock down.... technically it causes a launch but there's no way Sarah can follow it up by herself.
7.:6::K::K::mid: Queen Knee and Dragon Kick
Start Up: i13
(Dis)Advantage On Block/On Hit/Counter Hit (Critical Stun): (-14/KD/KD)
Notes: the 2nd Kick looks alot like her BT:7::K: only this one is unsafe and Knocks Down.... its primary purpose is a juggle ender.
8.:4::K::mid: Valkyrie Lancer
Start Up: i20
(Dis)Advantage On Block/On Hit/Counter Hit (Critical Stun): (-3/+7/+27)
Notes: this mid kick isn't much on Block.... or on hit for that matter but on Counter hit it will grant the Push Back Version of the Sit Down Stun... this is particularly useful against walls as it will not wall Splat.
9.:3::K::mid: Cut in Middle
Start Up:
(Dis)Advantage On Block/On Hit/Counter Hit (Critical Stun): (-7/FCS/Faint Stun)
Notes: This mid Kick is not really suitable to be used in the neutral game.... but if you do manage to land it on an opponent on Normal Hit then you'l get a Falling Crumple Stun. On counter hit, or on an already stunned opponent, it will grant Sarah a Faint Sun.... much slower than the one from her Edge Kick Combo.... meaning you can follow it up with alot more options.
10.*:2::K::5::H+P::low: Hand Hold Neck Cut
Start Up:
(Dis)Advantage On Block/On Hit/Counter Hit (Critical Stun): (-7/-3/+16)
Notes: one of Sarah's Strike Throws. Obviously with the move being negative on Hit then its better to Complete the throw... unless you can score it on Counter Hit.
11.:1::K::K::low: Switch Low and High
Start Up:
Notes: This string is identical to the 2nd Half of FLA :K::K::2::K::K:....... its just a way of reaching it sooner.
12.:P+K::low: Fake
Parry Window: 0 (20) 10
Notes: Sarah's Low Punch Parry.
13.:9::P+K: Moonsault.
Distance: 2.9~3.0M
14.:2:/:8::P+K::high: Side Neck Cut Sword
Start Up: i20
(Dis)Advantage On Block/On Hit/Counter Hit (Critical Stun): (-10/KD/KD)
Notes:
15.:4::P+K: Back Roll Escape
Distance: 1.40M
16.:H+K::K::high: Backer Shift Combination
Start Up:
Notes: Despite what it looks like This string is not completely identical to the 2nd half of the FLA:K::K::K::K: String. In this case, the 1st and 2nd Kick hit high.
17.:6::H+K::mid: F-Type Dragon Smash Cannon
Start Up:
Notes: this move is similar to her :1::K: Dragon Smash Cannon but believe it or not.... this one is abit worse..... its slower and doesn't grant the same Launch Height.
18.*:3::H+K::5::H+P::mid: Neck Hold Crush
Start Up:
(Dis)Advantage On Block/On Hit/Counter Hit (Critical Stun): (-5/+1/
+2)
Notes: This move is completely identical to Sarah's Mellow Heel Kick except two minor things.... its got a slightly longer recovery and its a Strike Throw.... what makes this move special is the Throw will still work even if the Strike is Blocked.... similar to her Serpent Bite from her Forward Slide. Oh one more thing..... landing this move on counter hit doesn't grant you a Sit Down Stun like the other two do, instead you get a measly +2 Advantage.
19.:2::H+K::low: Low Spin Kick
Start Up:
(Dis)Advantage On Block/On Hit/Counter Hit (Critical Stun): (-16/KD/KD)
Notes: Sarah's Tracking Low Sweep.... its extremely unsafe on Block and causes a knock down on normal hit. If the opponent techs the knockdown immediately then you're advantage will be inbetween +29~+36 Frame range.
20.:1::P+K: Step

21.:6::6: Step-In Menace

Conclusion.

You know..... if all goes well I might actually make a Complete Sarah Guide. ;)

Last edited:

Lulu

Damn..... I have 6 more guides with yellow numbers. :(
Edit: I suppose I can just add a Disclaimer. Its lazy but going back and changing all the colours is just too much work.

Last edited:

Lulu

I remember why I dislike Flamingo Stance so much.... its cause of the Natural Flamingo Transitioning Kicks.
I actually prefer to enter stances by canceling into them.

Lulu

Okay so I've been playing around with the styles and FSD Light and DoA Central are actually pretty great... I can see why one would prefer it.

Calintzsan

Hmmm, you know if you do eventually plan on creating a complete Sarah guide, I'll be happy to help you out with it. I've watched a few master Sarah players several times (so I've seen certain tactics), in addition to incorporating what I've seen and a lot of what I've figured out for myself. I consider myself a well-seasoned Sarah user at this point and have used her more than I should honestly. lol

I think our collaborated Sarah guide would be perfect for those who want to learn her better, or even be inspired to learn her. Give me a holler if you ever want to do that. ;)

Lulu

Hmmm, you know if you do eventually plan on creating a complete Sarah guide, I'll be happy to help you out with it. I've watched a few master Sarah players several times (so I've seen certain tactics), in addition to incorporating what I've seen and a lot of what I've figured out for myself. I consider myself a well-seasoned Sarah user at this point and have used her more than I should honestly. lol

I think our collaborated Sarah guide would be perfect for those who want to learn her better, or even be inspired to learn her. Give me a holler if you ever want to do that. ;)

That would actually ve a great idea since I have no experience with human players...... :)

Calintzsan

That would actually ve a great idea since I have no experience with human players...... :)

Super, can't wait to contribute if you do make it. I enjoy helping others with Sarah. Teaching through online dojo doesn't satisfy me enough. xD

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD