Scoping for the Las Vegas scene

I'm wondering how many players here are in Vegas that I currently don't know of. I'm just scoping out the interest for DOA in the area. If its great enough I might be able to get the DOA5 demo added to our Ranbats at our venues IGL and Gemini Arcade.

During IGL casual sessions there are a few people playing on the set ups if they're not taken up that day. (Two Xbox's have the Hayabusa/Hitomo demo, One has the Hayate/Ayane demo). But only a few, the occasional guy taking a break from MK9 or SFxT and maybe one or two Soul Calibur V players. No one has great interested in the game here, either they just plain don't like it for multiple reasons, usually because of DOA4 leaving impressions, or because everyone is too focused on the games where da eSports are at. We do have sponsored players locally that have to keep up their titles and all.

Currently there are far too many games at our ranbats to add another tournament into the mix without a for sure sign of interest. SFxT 2v2s, KoFXIII, MK9, AE 2012, Skullgirls, UMvC3, and Soul Calibur V have for sure participants.

As a bit of a side note I don't run IGL at all, this is just me trying to get DOA5 at our ranbats.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
I wasn't suggesting running tournaments for the four character unfinished demo. Just suggesting to put a tv on casuals during the other tournaments, which is what it sounds like you've done.

During tournaments no the demo isn't playing, during casual meet ups there are stations is what I meant. During casuals before the tournament start I'll try putting in the demo and see how many people play.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD