Serious sam

SilverForte

The 3rd just came out on consoles last week, so I figured I'd make this thread, I know there's another fan out there, I've seen ya on the serious forums.

The 3rd is great from what I've played, not as good as FE and SE, but much better than all the other shooters out nowadays. Haven't played 2, so I dunno how that one is.

Talim JP

Leifang practitioner
Premium Donor
I used to play the 2nd one on my computer.
Me and my son love Sam but so far none of em have been released in Japan.

Brute

Standard Donor
I know there's another fan out there, I've seen ya on the serious forums.
You're from S!?

Is your username the same there as it is here?

But yeah, great games. Particularly FE/SE. I'll never tire of those.
SS2 was the low point for me. Kicked back up with 3, but still not as good as the originals and their HD remakes.

R4712-VR88

Been playing SS since the port of TFE/TSE on the original Xbox. Had an absolute blast with it. I now have TFE and TSE on PC and even have the remakes on X360. I've yet to buy SS3 but I'm really excited to play it sometime down the line.

When it comes to SS2 I really enjoyed it. The eight player co-op was tons of fun! But SS2 felt more whacky compared to the previous titles. The weapons looked ridiculous and the levels you went to where out of this world, literially. I've never played The Next Encouter that was on PS2 and GameCube though. Remember hearing that it was somewhat meh.

While I enjoy Serious Sam, one thing I can't stand about it is that its length puts a toll on me anymore. Aside from it's long campaign, I can't stand these endless waves of enemies these days like I used to when I was fresh with the series. I know that's part of SS's thing but I just get bored with getting locked into a huge area and having to fight a big horde for ten minutes before I can progress on.

SilverForte

Yeah Brute, I browse that site, but don't actually have an account myself.

I have Next encounter, It's pretty good, I particularly enjoy the laser weapon, and the new ammo types.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD