Some short new DOA5U videos

miyodarius

Damage of that PL combo still looks a bit low to me.
Well for the faster characters I would assume that's about right instead of a heavy hitter. Hitting an opponent with a critical burst 1st should show the damage your looking for.

-Nai-

i can smell a force tech option off of momiji's Burn punch/ kick finisher(if she gets one)...but thats to team ninja to decide if they will allow that option.

synce

IIRC in DOA5 v1.03 someone like Momiji can clear about 55% HP with PB combo on CH, but in 5U with PL it's like 60%...

PL may be the only option to do respectable damage, because with the bigger lifebar your standard 1.03 juggles should be doing relatively less damage

werewolfgold

Cool, so PL are still pointless outside of a ceiling stage. Both need a charge, both share the one use a match rule so you have to chose one or the other. Why go for a PL outside of a ceiling stage and risk dropping a juggle when you can just go for the PB?
Well, you never know what experiments will wield in terms of PL and damage. Keep in mind, no one really has the game yet. And, I think the trade off is the point. You can either go for guaranteed damage. Or, if you find a launcher personal combo that is worth more than what you'd get off of a power blow, feel free to use that but risk screwing it up.

werewolfgold

The scene can be customized all the way down to how sweaty and dirty the girls are. There's also another crossed out option, I think it has to do with jiggle physics but I can't read it
Don't forget that it probably applies to the guys, too. lol
And, that's probably actually hairstyles. That would make sense since it's right above glasses.

Does this mean that Rachel has no other hairstyles? SCHADENFREUDE POWERS ACTIVATE!! lol

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
There's also another crossed out option, I think it has to do with jiggle physics but I can't read it

From What I saw the option says "A Type". That wouldn't be breast physics. My best guess is it's hair type/style. Rachel doesn't have an alt for hair I believe.

synce

You're right, now that you mention it the first kanji does look like hair.

Also did anyone else notice they changed Pai's ability rating, I think the new one is more accurate. You can also see Jacky's rating, both are in the team battle video.

BTW official site is updated with these videos. Also confirms 1000+ titles, and 72 moves for Momiji

Blazeincarnated

I think the option is just locked. TN never really have a line going through something even if it isn't selectable. Its a reason its there ;)

Brute

Standard Donor
Oh yay. They wasted time with a brand new wanker mode. Totally something I was interested in. Thanks Team Ninja. You really know how to allocate resources. Way better to have this than Tengu, or Aerial Gardens, or the Great Opera House, or tag intro/exits for Ryu/Ayane, or Ryu's highly requested, super-awesome throwback costume.

werewolfgold

Way better to have this than Tengu, or Aerial Gardens, or the Great Opera House, or tag intro/exits for Ryu/Ayane, or Ryu's highly requested, super-awesome throwback costume.
You ain't foolin' nobody. lol

They actually put a Ryona mode into the game? Developer time and resources well spent right? Kappa
I mean, technically, if you can just do this with every single cutscene/win pose/whatever in the game, you could just get some badass shots of some tag poses. It's really up to you to make it creepy. Though, this seems to be TN-endorsed creepiness...

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD