Sound mods

Vex

Post any sound mods here.
Here's a little sound mod that raises volume of all music in the game. It is very very quiet. Of course you can increase overall system volume and then set music to 100 and sound/voice to 50 but it's sooo lame. So. I just louded music by 180%. Now it has perfect volume for gameplay.

Copy that file (and replace) to DATA folder. Compatible to any version.

https://mega.nz/#!rkIFWbqD!ARQUvTzNjdrBDemjLUpuRolEX3i5JjYbGWnZ285ux-4

Secondary link!
A little tip - for some reasons name of file may differ. It is the biggest file in DATA directory so copy its name and rename downloaded file before copiing. Will work.

Last edited:

mralex

Since wednesday i find any tool to extract those xws sound and i find NOTHING, i saw that is the same file like Ninja gaiden 2 and 3, also it is a xbox 360 file sound (the doa5lr pc is the x360 and ps3 port)
i say that it can be extracted with xma but i don't know how to do it :/

immi

Since wednesday i find any tool to extract those xws sound and i find NOTHING, i saw that is the same file like Ninja gaiden 2 and 3, also it is a xbox 360 file sound (the doa5lr pc is the x360 and ps3 port)
haven't had any luck with with those, too.
They are different than the NG files described in the xentrax thread that you posted. They don't contain xwb contents (no signature 'DNBW' anywhere).
might still be some custom variant of that, wrapped up inside TN's own stuff ...

or this is another instance where they applied a useless XOR encryption to confuse things ...

mralex

haven't had any luck with with those, too.
They are different than the NG files described in the xentrax thread that you posted. They don't contain xwb contents (no signature 'DNBW' anywhere).
might still be some custom variant of that, wrapped up inside TN's own stuff ...

or this is another instance where they applied a useless XOR encryption to confuse things ...

Maybe it's a new xwb or xws for the pc ver.
But it's to weird since nothing work with those files

edit-------
inside the xws files there is a KWB2.2, maybe is a file extension?

joQ5I1t.png

edit2-----

here is a example of the voice swap

Last edited:

C3S4RFC

I had investigated too. I found this tool :

http://aluigi.altervista.org/quickbms.htm

"QuickBMS generic files extractor and reimporter 0.7.3(quickbms)
script based files extractor and reimporter compatible with the BMS language (aka MexScript).
QuickBMS supports tons of games and file formats, archives, encryptions, compressions, obfuscations and other algorithms."

There are a lots of extraction's script but nothing for Ninja Gaiden or DOA

Too, in Xentax there are a script for extract XWS with QuickBMS
http://forum.xentax.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&p=43571#p43571

But not work with the DOA file

If anybody have knowing about programming or scripts, please check this tools

mralex

I had investigated too. I found this tool :

http://aluigi.altervista.org/quickbms.htm

"QuickBMS generic files extractor and reimporter 0.7.3(quickbms)
script based files extractor and reimporter compatible with the BMS language (aka MexScript).
QuickBMS supports tons of games and file formats, archives, encryptions, compressions, obfuscations and other algorithms."

There are a lots of extraction's script but nothing for Ninja Gaiden or DOA

Too, in Xentax there are a script for extract XWS with QuickBMS
http://forum.xentax.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&p=43571#p43571

But not work with the DOA file

If anybody have knowing about programming or scripts, please check this tools

no one of NG scripts or sound extractor works for doa
also the DOA5LR pc ver is different than the DOA5 X360 ver. since if you use archivarious or another tool for the x360 ver into the pc ver the tool don't work, so maybe someone has to make a new tool

now we have the sounds, but we need the tools D:

mralex

I would suggest to use cmd program to make quickbms work

I used cmd, quickbms, kvs2ogg, towav, unxwb, xmauncode, and nothing happends
Also i tried to find that KWB2.2 but nothing appears
Seriously that file extension is very complicated, but i don't wanna miss that hope that i have xD

mralex

Well... Some of them happened like extracting Battride War's nativePS.ncat & convert MSF to PCM WAV Files

i tried to use the Msfconvert.bms and nothing, those files are killing me :/
also i find in a russian page all those pc files extensions, and there isn't a xws extension for a pc ver.

edit-----------

today i tried to search inside of the xws file and that's the program find

FhA6dqQ.png

edit 10/05---

i changed the kasumi annuncer voice (get ready, fight, etc) to kasumi doa2 ultimate annuncer, she has the voice more young
also i changed the phase 4 with kasumi tag voice (mugen tenshin) to kasumi doa2 dreamcast voice and i make it very but very synchronized

so, here is :)

https://mega.nz/#!BVgDiQ5K!uIc3dN7RUXmRxdknxb1nmQOx27crU9kgwxhYN8MlRG8

Last edited:
Wow.. there had been alot of researches here..
I wanted to reach to .xhs files in vita.. but ..
we got no clue for that right?

Thanks for the information anyway.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Hey, If you guys don't mind, is it possible that you can extract that special scripted subway crash track that plays in the streets rooftops stage when you crash into that electric sign and extend it? I really like that track but it's not in the music tab option to use for characters and modes and I can only listen to it when I get a KO just after the subway car crashes unto the rooftop. I'd really appreciate it :)

Last edited:

CeeBee88

Last edited:

immi

Hey, If you guys don't mind, is it possible that you can extract that special scripted subway crash track that plays in the streets rooftops stage when you crash into that electric sign and extend it? I really like that track but it's not in the music tab option to use for characters and modes and I can only listen to it when I get a KO just after the subway car crashes unto the rooftop. I'd really appreciate it :)
the stage sounds are saved as xws files afaik. As mentioned above we don't know how convert these into something usable.

@CeeBee88
nice :)
which system voice are you replacing? Might be good to add that information in your post.

Didn't somebody found out that Miyako's system voice was included in DOA5s data, even though it's impossible to select it in the game?
I vaguely recall a thread about that (here?).

CeeBee88

Yeah, might have been a good idea. My bad. :p

Each file replaces the default DOA system voice. Personally, I'm not a fan of that voice, so that's the one I chose to replace.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD