"Special art!" A Kasumi Beginners' Guide| Vanilla Ver.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Hello everyone, It's KasumiLover again here with a beginner character guide for someone who means alot to me and I never thought I would be around to do it for her: Kasumi, the beautiful Kunoichi of Destiny, the traitor, the runaway ninja, say whatever you like about her. She's the queen of DOA and the true mascot of the game long before Marie Rose or Honoka were even a thought!

She's my favorite character and main in DOA6 and I wanted to make this guide initially as a stepping stone for anyone new to the game or new to Kasumi to help them ease their way into her move set and move kit. I'm really passionate about her in DOA6 and I want to be the best I can with her and I want others to do the same as well!

Img-kasumi (2).png
In this thread/guide I will do my best to cover everything from her move set and her attacks to her various stances and such that I know, so I hope you'll enjoy this guide if you really want to dip your feet into her. As time goes on, if any changes are done to her, I'll be sure to update this guide when I can to keep it current. I also may add new sections as time goes on, but as of now, unless a section has "WIP" or something similar, you can consider that section finished.

Latest Guide Notes:
°5/30/20 ~ Base Guide Finished.

°Mid 2019 to Late 2020 ~ Minor to major section updates(Tech, attack safety updates, etc.).

°5/21/21 ~ Added missing rope wall tech to missing moves(Fatal Rush, Sidestep Attack).

°Late 2021 to Early 2022 ~ Minor text fixes for typos and minor section updates as well as minor reductions.

°9/10/22 ~ Added star symbol description and symbols as a better visual indicator of move range/reach. Also fixed minor typos.

°4/5/23 ~ Added in an additional section that highlights Kasumi's main stun starters for a variety of different situations.

Here are the table of contents:

Fotor_155859022695991.jpg

Section 1: Explanation of reading frame data and understanding numerical input

Section 2: Kasumi's Pros and Cons with a rundown summary

Section 3: Hoshinpo, and her other teleport attacks

Section 4: Kasumi's Tenbu jump stance

Section 5: The Break Gauge and the Break System

Section 6: Kasumi's Complete Move List Break Down

Section 7: Kasumi's throws explanation

Section 8: Kasumi's holds explanation

Section 9: Kasumi's basic go to combos

Section 10: Understanding Kasumi's Offensive Pressure

Section 11: Kasumi's Anti-Sidestep Tools

Section 12: Kasumi's Defensive Tools and When to Use Them

Section 13: Kasumi's Ranged Tools from a Distance

Section 14: Kasumi's Stun Starters

Section 15: Final Remarks, Thanks and future expansion

Section 1: Explanation of reading frame and understanding numerical input

-Before we start the guide off, if you're a beginner you should know the basics about reading frame data and inputs. I will use actual button macros throughout this guide, but here is a picture that shows you what the directional inputs are numerically:
image.jpeg

1 ~ Down Back
2 ~ Down
3 ~ Down Forward
4 ~ Back
5 ~ Neutral/No Direction
6 ~ Forward
7 ~ Up Back
8 ~ Up
9 ~ Up Forward​

-Next you should know the basics regarding how to read and interpret frame data. Here is an example: 20(4)25. The first number is the start up frames, which shows how many frames it take for the attack or throw to actually begin. The second number in parentheses is the total active frames during the attack animation, and finally the last number is the recovery, which shows how long it takes for the attack to recover so you can begin another attack. Worth noting is that the longer it takes for an attack to start up, the more likely you are to be jabbed or hit out of it, and the longer it takes for the attack to recover, the more likely you are to get hit or thrown afterwards.

-Another key thing you need to know is MOVE SAFETY. Move safety is how safe or unsafe an attack is on block, and you can see for yourself how unsafe an attack is by enabling the move details in training mode and looking at the move advantage. +1 or better frames means you have a frame advantage, meaning in this situation you're able to move first and the attack you use afterwards in that instance with no delays will be faster by that allowed advantage!(Example: If you perform an attack and gain +4, the attack you use immediately afterwards will be virtually 4 frames quicker than normal in that instance). +0 to -5 is safe, meaning you can not be throw punished after the attack, with the only exception being 5i neutral throws if you are left at -5. -6 to -7 is semi-safe, meaning you can be thrown if an opponent uses a quick throw, but longer framed throws will not get you, and -8 or worse is unsafe, meaning you can be thrown, so watch out when you use her unsafer attacks.

-Throughout this guide, to cut some corners and to eliminate text bulk, I will use the "i" symbol in place of the term "frames'. An example would be 23i, which basically is the same as saying 23 frames. Keep this in mind as you read this guide. :)

-Finally, another thing I will mention throughout is whether Kasumi's attacks track, meaning if your opponent attempts to sidestep it, it will follow them, while if an attack has no tracking, it will not hit when sidestepped. Now that all the basic stuff is covered, let's transition to her pros and cons.

Section 2: Kasumi's Pros and Cons with a rundown summary

-Knowing what your chosen fighter specializes in and struggles in is a key thing I think you should know. This section will show her pros and cons, and I will provide a detailed summary to further explain them:

PROS/STRENGTHS

*Fast; Has a 9i high jab, an 11i mid, and a 12i low punch making her one of if not the fastest striker in neutral in the game. Her kicks are also fast, having an 11i high kick, a practical natural(***) 14i mid kick and 14i low kick. Overall very good, quick oriented neutral.

*Great delay in alot of her strings which she can use to throw off opponents defending or in stuns.

*Good combo damage/output.

*Very versatile; Has a good plethora of hit level options to hit from in stuns making her risky to hold against recklessly as well as to defend against if opponents don't respect her options, making it easier to free cancel with her. She can also feint using her transitions into Hoshinpo to bait reactions from her opponent.

*Great at close quarter range, can dominate against opponents not wary of her available options, as well as being able to easily beat out slower combatants making her a solid counter poker type character and aggressive up close.

*Good at mid range, has ways to move in when at a distance and useful attacks she can use to whiff punish or strike her foe when not directly in their face.

*Good stuns; Has multiple deep lift stun, a deep blind stun, and overall alot of stuns that give her great advantage allowing her to quick launch, bait for a hold to punish throw, or she can use the stuns to mix up and free cancel to reset neutral in her favor.

*Pretty evasive, has a variety of maneuvers she can use to close in and retreat on the fly, making her dangerous to recklessly assault.

*Relatively simple to pick up, move set is pretty straightforward and doesn't require much complexity to memorize.

*Very counter oriented. Has a lot of good attacks that can be dangerous when used to interrupt her opponents. Also has attacks that can easily avoid highs and lows.

*Has a sit down fatal stun attack which can be used for guaranteed damage when dealing with opponents who don't have meter.

*Good environmental damage potential. Has a very good wall carry, as well as good hard wall splat damage potential. Her soft wall splat potential is very good, having ample options to work with when mastered such as her backturned mix ups when she quickly freesteps to get behind her opponent.

*Good defensive holds, including a low kick hold that allows her to go for an easy universal combo for all characters.

*Very good throws; has 2 launch throws(high and low respectively), a throw to change sides, a jumping throw, a grapple throw that can lead to possible guaranteed damage set ups and throws from her special stances. Also has throws that do increased damage when near walls. Overall has very versatile throws for different situations.

*Very good tracking, having a good set up of tracking attacks and follow ups that can nail opponents attempting to sidestep Kasumi.

*Possesses an expert mid punch and and expert mid kick hold, as well as defensive parries that put her behind her opponent.

*An "on hit" pressure type character: gains good advantage from attacks that successfully land such as her lows and mid kicks for example.

*Very good highs/attacks that often have very lengthy stuns from her stronger ones and good mix ups from her other ones which can create dangerous 50/50 situations where the opponent will have to guess in stun set ups.

*Has a plethora of mids, particularly mid punches with good counter hit stuns and varied follow ups that either forces opponents to accurately guard her or hold her or else they risk getting stunned or hit. It's generally dangerous to crouch Kasumi since she has mids in virtually all of her strings.

*Her lows are better than average and a few of them allow her to continue a stun combo. Useful as a further edge to her stun game. Also has lows from most of her strings that can give you good frame advantage if the opponent doesn't accurately crouch or hold you.

*Pretty flexible; can play offensive, defensive when needed, can close and open the gap between her and her opponent, and is pretty useful in different situations.

*Good force tech game; Has ways she can go for force techs from set attacks and has great ground follow ups to give her very good frame advantage on successful tech ups. Her force techs are also quite easy to attempt .

*Overall varied options, with alot of her strings placing foes in 50/50 situations where they'll have to guard or guess correctly. Her strings are also littered with quick and slower launch enders, which makes immediate reactions against her mandatory.

*Threatening low kick hold that leads to solid damage against all weight classes that can always lead into a bound into wall splat situation.

CONS/WEAKNESSES

*Generally unsafe; a lot of her attacks are negative on block and can be throw punished, as well as having various attacks that can be strike punished due to the recovery. Her safe attacks also mostly are somewhat slower or are able to be crouched or stepped.

*Low general attack damage, which means she'll rely mostly on combos to get damage. Her damage is also subject to damage scaling which can impact her combo damage and juggles when extended.

*Somewhat limited at long range; While she has attacks that can be used at mid range when approaching your opponent, Kasumi doesn't have too many safe ways she can move in from long range. Although she can use Hoshinpo to move in as well as various other methods to “extend” her reach, she can have a tough time approaching zoner or spacing type characters who have better range than she does and her lack of solidity(***) can make approaching with her somewhat squishy(***) and risky unless she finishes with a safe ender.

*Is a lightweight, so juggles are especially useful against her making her vulnerable to more damage when launched.

*Is somewhat hard to master due to her now somewhat extensive command list, and her strings can cause bad habits and punishment if just simply mashed without thought.

*No offensive holds.(Holds that function similar to throws, but they beat out strikes when timed right, but they lose to throws as hi counter due to still being holds.) This means she has to rely on strikes and crushes unlike characters who have it allowing them to easily use frame advantage to catch their foe's strikes and floor them.

*Her high and mid parries don't exactly guarantee anything unless done against certain attacks that have a lengthy recovery since the opponent can quickly block if prepared. This means you must use them accurately or else you'll suffer punishment even if you successfully parry an attack.

*Very few safe tracking moves.

*Has no general stuns that result in a fall if the opponent doesn't hold besides her fatal rush and fatal sit-down stun, meaning she'll have to play the stun game more honestly compared to other characters.

*Virtually no pure pressure or general advantage on block, generally needs counter hits or openings to get her offense going. She does possess one positive guard break when near a wall that can crumple stun on hit, but it's somewhat telegraphed and easy to punish and sidestep.

*Mids are generally negative on hit and require a counter to cause a threatening stun, specifically her mid punches; her fastest mid that causes a stun that can be chained into for a set up is 20i, and alot of her attacks that can give her a decent stun to combo into are highs.

*Somewhat linear in regards to her mid kicks: doesn't have many mid kicks that can be used in stun to continue a critical stun and the ones she can use to continue a stun or launch are somewhat predictable, making her more focused on using her high and mid jabs instead in these situations which can become pretty predictable at higher level.

-To summarize this Kasumi is a striker/counter offensive character who focuses on opening her opponent up and baiting counters to get her offensive going which is generally a breeze due to her being the fastest punch striker in the game, having a plethora of quick jabs and options at her disposal. Having lows, mid kicks, and even stance cancels and static string follow ups in her arsenal, she's very adept at free cancelling to bait a hold from her opponent, only to blow them up with a strike from another hit level. She dominates at close range and has a variety of options from mid range as well, and she has useful throws that can be used to punish her opponent for missed holds and other various situations, whether it be launcher or even high damage typical punish throws.

Kasumi is also no slouch in defense either, having decent holds to easily turn the tide of battle as well as expert mid punch and kick holds that can be used for guaranteed damage set ups. She can also low and high crush opponent attacks by using attacks with evasive properties and as previously stated, she can open up opponents with her array of lows that can grant her advantage to either bait a counter hit or she can continue to poke around and throw defensive opponents. Also, she has a forward dash Hoshinpo stance with follow ups that can avoid highs and a jumping 9P that can avoid lows to help her move in. And on a final note, she can run and walk and retreat quickly around the arena making her overall very speedy. Finally, she has a lot of tracking in her strings and strikes, meaning she won't have to worry as much when dealing with side steps, and her ability to delay her attacks, mainly a lot of her kick attacks, is very good making her even more good at throwing off unwary opponents.

However like everyone else, even a queen must have her weaknesses to add some darkness to her throne. Kasumi is amongst one of the unsafest characters in the game, having few moves that are safe on block; although she's gotten a few changes in DOA6 from LR in terms of move frame safety on block, a lot of her attacks leave her at a disadvantage on block and sometimes even on hit, meaning Kasumi will have to be careful when free canceling and finishing strings, even though in her case since the opponent will likely have to respect her follow ups, she can get away with free cancelling and cutting combo chains on block if you feel the opponent will react to one of the options they think she'll do. Besides that Kasumi also lacks long range moves, while she has mid range strikes she doesn't do as well from afar, especially against zoner type characters like Nyotengu and Ayane who can make it difficult to move in. Furthermore, while she has tracking moves, none are exactly safe bar a set few, and her base damage isn't bad, but she has to generally work harder for her damage unlike certain other characters, which means she can be quite strike heavy and somewhat heavy in terms of execution, but only somewhat.

When playing as Kasumi, she can be played in a variety of ways whether it be defensive counter oriented, offensive poker, or even something of a mid range spacer type character who can make it hard for her opponent to close the gap, it's all up to you. With Kasumi, the best thing to be aware of is her options in various situations and always knowing when to cut strings and free cancel and when it's safe to strike. Although Kasumi can be hard to master, she's easily one of the more straightforward fighters to use in terms of gameplay and combos and provides good reward for opening up her opponents and scoring counter hits.

With these in mind, let's get to Kasumi's kit, but first let's go over her special stance based attacks!

:kasumi:~We have seen a scene like this before...: This is brief mini section to compare Kasumi from LR to 6! Contrary to what most people say, Kasumi is largely the same as LR, except now she's generally safer now that her high elbows have been buffed to be safer on block as well as other safer attack buffs, and her combo game is far stronger as well too, as her bound combo conversion is very simple and increases her wall carry, and she also can juggle while backturned easier now as she has a backturned mid kick launcher that not only launches but can cancel into Hoshinpo on hit and it doesn't wallsplat! She also can now used her backturned kick to refloat for juggles unlike LR. She has more options from her teleport transition now too, having a safe mid kick ender that knocks down and is an easy universal ender for all weights in the game, and she has a new mid punch ender that can bound after certain set ups, can knock down too and it can cause a counter hit bounce although unsafe.

Her 66P also now has a mid kick ender that knocks down and can be delayed but is unsafe, and her 66K has a mid punch delayed ender that functions much like her Hoshinpo mid punch ender, only it can now be cancelled into Hoshinpo from this on hit! 6K has an improved hit box making it a reliable mid range tool, and she's also gained a new 6P+K which is a 15i mid punch counter lift stun with a mid kick lift stun ender or a low that gets a small stun and tracks and doesn't have tip range properties. She finally also has a a mid punch safe guard break from her Tenbu jump stance that knocks down! This gives her a viable but somewhat slow way to move in safely from a distance without having to worry about a crouch as often. Her old 46T was also reworked from a reset throw into her new 64H expert hold that guarantees anything below 13i for a launch or stun set up! Some attacks also have better stuns, with H+K causing a forced spin stun rather than the backturned one in LR. She finally doesn't have to rely on playing the critical stun threshold game which was something that hurt her in LR; because Kasumi had to play the stun game more often, her simple stun launch set ups were generally weak damage wise unless she got to about level 2 or critical burst to get higher or max height launches, but this put her at greater risk for getting held and her options to mix up could get linear. In 6, Kasumi doesn't have to rely on stun thresholds and can easily launch her foe consistent heights without her damage or launch height being hindered. Instead, fatal stuns from her fatal rush or unique fatal stun attacks are the best choice for higher launches, but since the stun launch game is not depending on the threshold launched from, it's more a reward than a mandatory action when you do land a fatal stun. Throw damage was also increased all around the cast, so Kasumi's throws are more lethal, especially when punishing holds as her 236T launcher throw can lead to nasty environmental damage, and her 33T can take a good chunk of your foe's life bar!

Overall, Kasumi is basically like she is in LR, just with far more teleport options to work with, more safety, damage, and more options to attack with so she's not so stuck or limited after certain strings. The only thing that Kasumi doesn't retain is some of her stuns; 66KK and 6K had their stun advantage shaved down, K3K can't be used to continue a stun either in open space since it's stun was shaved down too, and her lows also had their stuns shaved down as well, making them more useful for gaining frame advantage to use more for pokes and opening up foes for counter hits rather than being a deceptive way to gain a stun from foes guarding. Her 1P and 2K however can be used to continue a stun set up but the options are limited with the shaved down stun, and the lows from 6P and 4P and 3P strings generally can't be used from stun set ups unless the foe is backed into a wall, and even then the option is limited to her neutral P. Overall while Kasumi isn't as scary anymore with her stun game being shaved down, this doesn't mean that it's not scary as a whole still, she'll just have to play more honestly and use the attacks that can be used like they were in LR for combos as a way to gain frame advantage instead. Overall, I would say Kasumi is definitely a far stronger iteration than her LR counterpart!

Section 3: Hoshinpo and her other teleport attacks

This section will cover Kasumi's Hoshinpo stance, or her 3P+K command move. This is Kasumi's unique stance that was given to her in DOA4, and was made a standalone command move in Dead or Alive 5. This is a key move for a few reasons; It has great distance, acting as one of if not Kasumi's best way to move in on a foe from long range. The move also has crouching properties, which means that virtually any high attacks will not hit her when she is doing this stance. Furthermore the dash has follow ups to go with it which makes it even more threatening!

Just so you know, Kasumi can cancel into Hoshinpo from P6P, H+K, PPK, P+K, 44P6P, 44PPK, and back turned PPK and back turned P6P. Here are the follow ups she can perform below from the stance:

:P:- Her most notable follow up in my opinion, this is her infamous high elbow attack that's been around since DOA4, it's about 26i frames( 7i) and has a recovery of 27i. This move has received a few buffs in comparison to how it's used in DOA5: The attack now knocks down on normal hit, and it has close hit properties, making it particularly lethal against opponents who are at the needed 1.30 meters to trigger it, making for good counter hit damage potential. It also has excellent range, being one of her longest range punch attacks in her arsenal. It's also safe on block, being only -6 on guard which means only neutral throws can punish it. Some grappler character can also punish it as well too, as they tend to have swifter throws starting as quick as 4 frames.

The only downsides to this attack is that since its safe and is Kasumi's go to safe ender from Hoshinpo and attacks that can use this move as a cancel or string ender, its pretty predictable and can be ducked, it also suffers from lack of tracking and can easily be stepped. As a result it's best to not be too predictable when using this attack. Aside from that it's pretty useful as a way to safely close the gap when at a range and can be used as a sort of keep out attack when opponents try to rush in on you recklessly,as well as being a hyperactive whiff punisher when timed right.

:K:- Her kick ender, which when done raw is about 27i start up and can be even around up to 65i total when delayed from H+K, meaning it has a good delay in situations when you want confuse your opponent. It has less reach than her P follow up but since it's a mid kick, it cannot be ducked and launches on normal hit, although due to the lengthy 34i recovery, you can't practically use it as a launcher on normal hit, you could at the most get 7K out of it but even then that isn't much. Avoids lows but is unsafe at -20 on block and does not track.

When ending combos, it's also best to finish strings with the full KK string, this follow up is 13i and has 40i recovery and jails on block, as well as being a high kick. This string is unsafe as well at -11 on block, but in situations where you know you're not gonna be able to hit confirm, ending the string fully this way is alot less risky than not not finishing it since you'll only have to deal with 10i throws at the max and you'll be less vulnerable to strike punishments. This also wallsplats and is great for scoring extra wall damage in stages with it, as well as knocking down on normal hit. Be wary as this can also be ducked. This move from Hoshinpo can also serve as a launcher from stuns that permit it such as her deeper lift stun or even lengthy ones from jabs and various others!

:T:- Her scariest option when dealing with guarding opponents, this is her main throw Hoshinpo, being 39i and being able to be delayed up to about 46i. Although this is her slowest option and it can be jabbed, crouched, and high crushed, this is a decent way to shut down opponents who are focused on guarding her other options from this stance. This is also downright nasty when used in stuns as one missed hold from your opponent can make this turn into a high counter throw that'll deal even more deadly damage!

This is also a tracking move, meaning it'll counter sidesteps in the game resulting in extra counter damage. Be wary tho since this option is pretty easy to react to, and can be punished if properly crouched or strike punished.

:kasumi:~MY SPECIAL ART: Kasumi isn't just limited to using Hoshinpo outside of stuns, not only can she incorporate the stance after the right stuns for additional mix ups, she can also free cancel the stance in stun after fatal stuns to bait a break hold. She can also cancel into the stance from P+K and H+K(will address these commands in the full move break down section) and rather than finishing the stance cancel with P or K, she'll have enough advantage to be able to continue to pursue a stun set up with P, K, 4P, 6P, and 7K! Try these out so like Kasumi, you'll be able to fight on!

Furthermore, Kasumi can also cancel into 9P using Hoshinpo as a sort of options extender, but be mindful she cannot cancel into 9P from 44P6P6. Although the reasoning is unknown, I like to call it an primitive oversight since Kasumi has had this string since DOA2 as 4P, and since she couldn't even cancel into 9P from Hoshinpo until around DOA5 Ultimate after subsequent patch updates, it was likely a minor oversight.

Next are Kasumi's other non Hoshinpo teleport options which can be done after 7K and it's other in string variants on hit, 66PP on block or hit, H+K while back turned, and 9PK. They are the following(I will not list the frames for these since they vary widely depending on the move they're transitioned from):

:P:- This transitions the string into a jumping downwards mid punch with 30i recovery across the attacks they can transition from. Knocks down on normal hit and will cause a higher bounce that can be comboed from if it hits on counter hit(The steep recovery makes it basically impossible to follow up with on normal hit. Although more of a mix up in 66PP, it can be used in juggles to cause a bound: a new type of DOA6 mechanic that causes a ground "bounce" which allows for a combo ender, especially useful for nearby danger zones and in arenas with wide open space. Unsafe at -16 when blocked and is able to be stepped, but it avoids lows and can crush lows when used from 66PP. The move is also a true mid as well(I will give you the rundown on these types of attacks in the move breakdown section so hang in there!)

This attack is also useful for being used as a way to put the opponent in a force tech situation(will explain this in the guide) where they either have to rise up immediately or be open to a forced tech up where you're at a major advantage!

:K:- Transitions into downwards flip smash mid kick with 23i recovery. This slams the opponent on the ground on normal hit and is safe at -3. This is slightly quicker than her punch option and although it doesn't really do much besides knock down, it's a safe go to and can be used in situations where the P bound option can't hit. On hi counter hit from 66PP it'll cause a bounce you'll be able to combo from so never miss this opportunity if the opponent tried to throw!

:P+K:- This is Kasumi's jumping slice through teleport with 32i recovery that slices through the opponent to change sides. When blocked it causes a safe guard break that leaves you at -2 to -3 when blocked. It doesn't track but it can't really be punished by a sidestep attack either unless done after 9PK in which case you'll be open to a hit. Ideal as a safe finish on block and will connect if the opponent is launched high enough in the air during a juggle. The teleport slice is also a true mid, making it useful after specific set ups to set the opponent up for a force tech situation.

If 9PK is done and you use P+K to end the attack, you'll be left at +1 in open space!

-This concludes the rundown in regards to Kausmi's Hoshinpo! Next we will go into her Tenbu jumping stance!

Section 4: Kasumi's Tenbu jump stance

Tenbu is Kasumi's second special stance, however rather than being a dash that avoids highs. This is a jump stance that avoids lows. The move is useful at close range since it can hop over the opponent if close enough and if they happen to be crouching or attacking with a crouch attack. This move is also useful in avoiding wake up kicks when timed correctly and is also useful for closing gaps at mid range. The stance is about and has recovery.

The jump is however a double edged sword since it and it's attacks will be subject to hi counter hit damage if you're hit before the attacks land, so be very careful when using this stance...

:P:- This is a new GB(guard break) attack that Kasumi has received in DOA6, a hard hitting 17i(about 36i total including the jump) mid punch attack with 34i recovery. The move is useful as it has good range and when performed on normal hit, it knocks down. If blocked, you'll be at either -3 to -5 frame advantage which appears to be somewhat random, but if done at the precise range you'll be generally at a safe disadvantage to defend against your opponent, whether it be offensively with a crush attack or a throw in case they remain on the offensive or they attempt to defend. Also a true mid punch that will hit opponents in special stances that avoid mids or on the ground

While the move is useful for spacing and being somewhat of a ranged attack, it does not track and can be stepped and held, and it's somewhat slower than her other kick option from this stance. The opponent can also free step it(Free stepping is side walking into the foreground or background. This can typically be used to evade lengthy attacks that are considered jumping) leaving you in a nasty position for punishment so be wary using this.

:K:- Her more well known attack from this stance, this is an 11i(about 30i total including the jump) high dual leg kick with 1i recovery. If it hits it'll send the opponent sliding back on the ground prone to more punishment, but isn't really guaranteed unless near an invisible wall or barrier so the opponent is still close enough to hit, although these can be avoided with its Hoshinpo cancel or teleport options on hit or block. It causes a GB on block but it's -13 putting you at a disadvantage, but due to the pushback it provides since Kasumi jumps off the opponent on block and hit, they won't be able to actually hit you.

Doesn't track at all, but it's the one follow up from Tenbu that can cancel into Hoshinpo and her other teleport follow ups on block and hit. Be cautious since it can be ducked, which will leave you back turned if the attack doesn't hit. This move will also become a useful go to in some of her longer more intricate combos.

:T:- Her throw option, which is a 5i high jumping throw with 30i recovery that avoids lows and can cover a decent distance due to the jump as she jumps atop them to sit on their shoulders crotch first before flipping them forward on the ground. If it connects, you can perform a grapple to change sides and to deal slightly more damage but this isn't possible against back turned opponents since it'll already deal more damage. As a throw, it naturally tracks but it can be ducked and it's vulnerable to high counter hit.

This concludes both of the sections in regards to Kasumi's two unique stances, always keep these stances in mind as they can help you in situations such as approaching and avoiding the opponent is necessary to claim the match for yourself. These stances also can be used as feints by themselves or after the moves that can transition from to throw off and confuse your opponent, so never be afraid to use these as a sort of mind game to get a desired reaction from your foe! /:-D

With these in mind, let's get to Kasumi's kit, but first let's go over the Break System of DOA6!

Section 5: The Break Gauge and the Break System

This section will be a brief explanation of the Break System of DOA6. Let's begin:

The meter in DOA6 is divided in 4 parts, and the meter fills up quickly as you attack, but it also slowly fills from defending and receiving damage.

:8:/:2::s::s:- You can use ¼ of the meter to perform a side step attack. This is a 27i mid kick strike with 30 frame recovery that knocks back the opponent full screen. Unsafe at -15 and doesn't track.

:4::s:- You can use ½ the meter to perform a Break Hold. A break hold is a hold that will hold any attack but does very low damage. This will also provide +5 advantage and reset the positions to round 1 fight distance, resetting the neutral. These are also the only way to escape a fatal stun from attacks or a break blow cancel.

:6::s:- You can use a full meter to perform a Break Blow. Kasumi's break blow and break blows in general are a powerful attack with Sabaki type properties, meaning it'll interrupt strikes if timed right, allowing you to unleash a damaging blow that'll send the opponent flying backwards, clothes tattered and bruised. The attack is also able to be used after certain launches, after bounds, and even after certain wallsplats. The disadvantage is that it can be shut down with a simple low strike and can be hi counter thrown and the move can be stepped and held.

:kasumi:~MY SPECIAL ART!!!: There's more to the Break Blow than you think: if you press H once it hits, Kasumi will perform a Break Blow Cancel. A cancel will stop the full blow from coming out and will leave the opponent in a fatal stun state. While in fatal stun, the opponent will be unable to do anything unless they have ½ a meter available to break hold to escape the stun, meaning you can use the cancel as an opportunity to go for more damage than the Break Blow may do in set situations, especially in certain environments with the right conditions. Be wary since if your opponent has meter, they can use the meter escape the fatal stun, but you can also use this as a way to go for a hi counter throw set up if you anticipate this. Also be wary that the opponent is only limited to break holds for escape as long as you don't use any normal attacks to continue the stun, since after that the opponent will not be in the fatal stun anymore; in this case they can regularly hold which although is a risk, you can use to pursue even more damage or a hi counter throw set up. This however can be avoided if you use her 4H+K to "extend" the fatal stun since it also has fatal stun properties, but only use this attack when you're not near a wall since it can lead to a wall splat that can ruin your whole combo attempt.

There's other attacks you can use that involve the new :s: button, but don't cost meter:

:8::s:/:2::s:- This lets you avoid linear or non tracking attacks at the press of a button. You can use this to avoid specific attacks and punish the recovery with a throw, but be wary since sidesteps lose to throws and will result in a counter throw. If you have meter, you can use ¼ of it to follow up a step with a side step attack. Performing the sidestep attack near walls with rope properties from a certain distance will also cause a +51 to +54 wall rope rebound stun that sends the foe hurled back towards you at a major disadvantage. Stages like the Muscle, Sweat, and the Colosseum have walls with these properties. Be wary for fatal rush attacks since the first hit will turn the opponent backwards in a fatal stun, which can lead to some deadly back turned situations. The side step attack also has no tracking so your opponent can step you for it as well.

Another thing is a fatal rush: a string that puts the opponent in a fatal stun, and finishing it can lead to quick damage, but you can also stop part way through and make a custom combo using the fatal stun:

:s:- The first hit is the only one that can be done unless it hits. This is a 18i tracking high kick with 28i recovery. On hit, it'll result in a fatal stun which you can then follow with the other 3 attacks(the frames and the hit level don't really matter since only break holds can stop them and they can't be done unless the first strike hits). You can also use it in stun since the fatal stun eliminates the worry about opponents using normal holds and it'll force them to use their meter if they don't want to risk guaranteed damage.

When the full :s::s::s::s: string hits, it'll knock back and can wall splat. The string can also be used in juggles and after certain launchers as well if the height is high enough. If done on block, you'll be unsafe at -12, and be careful since the string can be ducked and low crushed. The string is also strong against side steps as it will cause a fatal stun that leaves them back turned and open to a guaranteed back turned set up. This string will also cause a +52 wall rope rebound stun if done near walls with rope properties from a certain distance.

If you have a full meter and do the string, you'll automatically transition into your break blow, but if you wish to save your meter, do :s::s::s::4::s: so that you won't waste meter. DOA6 is a game where meter management is important, so be sure to save it and stock up for when you'll need it. Avoid wasting it on random sidestep attacks and nasty break blows and use it when the time's right and when it's absolutely necessary since sometimes your opponent will attempt to force you to discard it and bait reactions to make you waste it which is the last thing you want to do. Make every time you use the meter count!

Now that we've finished the rundown of the Break System and you better understand it, let's ease into her moveset.

Section 6: Kasumi's Complete Move List Break Down

-Hello and welcome to Kasumi's full move breakdown section where I will address all of Kasumi's attacks in her kit! Normally in most guides people choose only certain attacks or a character's best attacks to utilize in their arsenal but I feel that's an incomplete guide and I wanted to address and break down everything! I will note the move in terms of frames, safety, uses, and anything else remotely special or useful about it. Enjoy, and I hope to see you on the other side of the breakdown! ^.^

These symbols I will use next to the moves to note the following:

° This in front of an attack is a move I feel is personally one of Kasumi's best and a go to in situations that need it.

~ This will be used in moves or strings that allow Kasumi to either cancel into Hoshinpo or allow her to utilize her other possible teleport follow ups.

Command Moves

°P- Her simplest punch strike, a 9i jab with 13i recovery. Lacks range but this is her quickest attack in her arsenal, and can beat out pretty much anything that doesn't include crouching attack or crouching lows, attacks with a high punch sabaki property or side steps. Doesn't track but is safe at only -3 on block. If it successfully hits, you'll have -2 disadvantage on normal hit and if it hits on counter, you'll be given +1. If it hits an opponent trying to throw, it'll score you a +36 stun and said stun you can use to pursue a combo set up.

Since this is her fastest strike, always keep this command in mind when in situations where you must use it when your opponent has advantage and you know you can beat them out, or in case they try to throw, you can use this as a way to shut them down.

°PP- Her follow up 9i jab after her initial jab with 14i recovery. This is unsafe at -5 on block and on hit making it neutral throw punishable but it's still safe, and this string jails on block and on counter hit. Like the previous strike it doesn't track, but it will score you +35 on hi counter hit and will start a stun. Be wary since like the her base P, this can be stepped and can easily be crouched.

*PPP- This throws a 11i mid lift punch jab into the mix with 25i recovery. This causes a lift stun on counter hit, stun, or against crouching opponents which gives you +30i advantage, allowing you to continue the stun with virtually all her options. While these are great, the move is unsafe at -9 block and lacks tracking and it's -8 on normal hit. Besides 6P+K(This move will be addressed later in the guide!), this is a go to attack to use as a lift stun, and this can also be used as a knock off(***) launcher in stun as well nearing the end of the stun threshold or after a previous 3P.

If this move is done on normal hit or counter hit or above and if the mid punch successfully hits on block or normal hit or stun, the following string that throws in another mid punch will be guaranteed as the mid punch will jail when you perform the follow up mid punch quickly afterwards with no delays.

*PPPP- She adds another 11i forward spear jab into the mix with 25i recovery. Unsafe at -10 on block and -8 on normal hit, and doesn't track but it jails on normal hit, block and in stun! This move while risky to free cancel on block, does have a safe ender which opponents may anticipate so keep that in mind as it can be stepped and ducked. If it hits on any type of counter hit or against a crouching foe, it'll give you +19 allowing you to pursue a critical stun for more damage or you can opt to just use a launcher.

*PPPPP- She finishes off her punch string with a 19i hard hitting high elbow with 26i recovery. This is her safe string ender and is only -6 when blocked, making it a safe ender when used on block since you'll only have to worry about neutral throws. Since you're safe in this situation, you can use the the safety as a way to establish defence against your opponent or anticipate what you think they'll do. This does not track and can be ducked quite easily so be warned, and this string can be linear at high level so avoid mashing as it's pretty simple to hold this against players who know of this string's varying hit levels. However it can also be a useful string to utilize when your opponent least expects it.

When used to hit the opponent, it knocks down on normal hit no matter what and also wallsplats.

:kasumi:~MY SPECIAL ART: This concludes Kasumi's simplest punch string, but now to fight on we must learn her mix ups so she won't get predictable! Let's go!

°P6P- Kasumi mixes up her full punch string by throwing in an upwards slicing 14i mid punch with 29i recovery. This move is unsafe at 14- on block and -10 on normal hit but will cause a deep lift stun of about +26 frame advantage on successful counter hit or in stun. This move is also what I call a baiter(***) string and can be useful for attempting to get a certain hold reaction from your opponent. The move also tracks and does have a Hoshinpo cancel capability which I will address next!

°P6P6- As previously mentioned, Kasumi cancels into Honshinpo when using this! Useful for avoiding highs on block and ending into her safe high elbow ender or even as a useful way to close the gap from afar. Also useful in stuns as a mix up or a mindgame tool to make your opponent have to consider on whether to anticipate a Hoshinpo stance attack or if you'll free cancel into a normal attack or even throw…

°°*P6PP- This ends her string with a 22i downwards chopping mid punch strike with 24i recovery. While unsafe at -8(-7 at max range) on block, it does track and is the safer option between her low follow up and this strike. On normal hit, it'll provide +3 advantage and allows you to perform a 2T throw if your opponent does nothing since it briefly makes them in a crouch state. In stun and counter hit(and normal hit if your opponent is crouching) you'll be given a +20 stun allowing you to pursue a combo or set up of your choice as long as it's within the 20i to follow up. The move will also cause a wall stun, allowing for more stun set up shenanigans!

The attack can also be used in stuns as a way to purposely exceed the stun limit to knockback the opponent so you can go for a no timing force tech if the opponent does not immediately tech up!

:kasumi:~I see that....: Wall stuns and wall splats may sound like the same thing but they're vastly different. Wall splats are attacks that will cause the opponent to rebound off the wall, vulnerable to whatever juggle follow ups you choose to do. A wall stun are from certain attacks and rather than bound the opponent off the wall, it'll cause a sort of stun that leaves the opponent in a critical stun. While there is no real guarantees from wall stuns and an opponent can defensive hold, this is still an equally dangerous situation for them to be in since you'll be open to pursue more combo damage, go for a launcher set up, or even go for a throw if you think they'll hold.

Another third type of "wall" situation to keep in mind is in stages with bystanders watching at the side. If you or your opponent is sent towards them like if you were hit near a wall, the bystander will grab you and send you flying forward, forcing you back in the fight at a major disadvantage since you will still be in a critical stun. This situation is best avoided when possible since its a tough one to safely escape, but never miss the opportunity to send your opponent into these if they're wide open!

:kasumi:~I shall...DESTROY you!: If only the final mid punch attack is done to a back turned opponent, it'll cause a good bounce launch you can use to go for a damaging combo!

:helena:~Oh dear…: The attack we just covered is what you would call a true mid. What is a true mid? It's simple a mid attack that can hit your opponent on the ground no matter what, it can also hit opponents who happen to be in a special crouching stance that avoids mids, like Brad Wong's lying stance and Helena's infamous Bokuho stance that has a special duck that can avoid all normal mids in the game. A true mid is also useful as a way to try to force tech an opponent up off the ground as well so keep this in mind, as it's one of Kasumi's special arts!!

*P6PK- Her low follow up from this string which is a somewhat telegraphed 28i low sweep kick with a steeper 3i recovery. The attack tracks but is -16i on block and has short range. The move provides +6i if you do it on normal hit, allowing you momentum to add on pressure since your opponent will be more likely to suffer a counter hit if they don't use a strike that is fast enough to beat whatever option you choose to do if you wish to continue a barrage, or, can choose to attempt a throw if you think your opponent will play it safe and try to defend as to not risk counter hit damage. The move has tip properties as well, meaning that if you do the sweep from max range at a distance, you'll be given +4i instead and deal roughly have the damage than if it was done a point blank range. If performed in stun or on counter hit at close range, it'll sweep the opponent into a knockdown, as well if done against a back turned foe.

If done on the Road Rage stage on counter hit at tip range, you'll receive a nasty +41 slip stun advantage as well so keep this in mind!

:kasumi:~I shall end it!: Almost all of Kasumi's low attacks on counter hit will cause a much more dangerous slip stun in stages with slippery surfaces such as the lightly snow covered pavement of the Road Rage stage or places like Lost Paradise with its large stream of water in the near center of the stage. While this is a benefit for you, it's also a double edged sword as your opponent's lows will also do the same so be wary... In this guide I'll be sure to note which attacks can cause this!

°PK- Kasumi follows up her punch with a 13i high kick with 23i recovery. A useful go to, this does not track and is -10 on block, but it's options after this strike can make it possible to test your opponent to see if they'll they'll react in case you continue the string. On normal hit and counter, you'll be given a brief stun +9i advantage and it'll be guaranteed on counter hit as well. If only the kick hits on counter hit, you'll score a +25i stun allowing you to pursure combo, as well as a +25-26 stun resulting in stun as well. Can be ducked so use caution when doing this on block.

*PKK- she follows up with another high kick, this time with 16i start up and 30i recovery. Grants +2 on normal hit and causes a +19 if it hits on counter hit or after the initial high kick hit successfully. Like the other kick it can be ducked, does not track, and this one is unsafe at -15 on block.

°° °PK3K- Kasumi mixes up her high kick string by throwing in a 20i mid turning kick with 33i recovery. This tracks, making it useful in nailing opponents who try to step you, but it's -16 on block and -4 on hit by itself. However, in stun or on counter hit you'll be at a +10 frame advantage from the stun, however the stun cannot actually be used to pursue a stun setup since Kasumi does not have a strike quick enough to continue the brief +10 stun period, making this more of a baiter since if your opponent holds, you can then continue a combo in that case. The advantage also turns the flow in your favor, so you can continue to counter poke for pressure or you can even throw your opponent if you think they'll defend. This also wall stuns on normal hit.

If the kick is done on hi counter or at max range on counter hit, you'll gain +11i but you won't be able to continue the stun set up unless on a stage with a hidden invisible wall to "cage" your foe like the Hidden Garden stage, in which case you can use P which is 9i and quick enough to pursue the set up.

Like her aforementioned P6PP, if used to purposely exceed the stun limit in open space, you'll be able to knockback the opponent on the ground resulting in a no timing force tech set up if your opponent doesn't immediately get up to avoid it!

*PK2K -Kasumi uses a 25i sweeping low kick with 31i recovery, it tracks, has crouching properties and gives +3 at tip range and +5 at close range. Although somewhat slow, this is a useful string to use when trying to open up opponents as it gives you advantage and can be delayed really well to further throw off foes. This move however is still unsafe at -16 on block, but it is possible to avoid crouch throws at tip range. On counter hit it'll give you the same +5 advantage that a close range would give you, but in stun or on counter hit it'll outright knock down making it dangerous to try to hit you when delaying this or attempting shut you down.

While this attack is deceptive, be wary as this attack can be dangerous if the opponent does a jumping attack or something of similar means to avoid it... On counter hit on stages with slippery surfaces it'll cause a +40 slip stun at tip range as well.

*PKKK- Kasumi's final 21i high kick, it tracks, wallsplats and knocks down on normal hit. The move however is able to be ducked, low held out of, and is -13 on block with a 30i recovery. This move you won't be using that much outside stun or wall splat set ups.

*PKK6K- Kasumi throws in a vaulting 18i mid kick with 25i recovery into her string. This causes a deep +29 lift stun if hits by itself and will launch an opponent when done in stun or on any counter hit or against a backturned foe. The move however is unsafe -11 on block and can stepped making it somewhat linear outside of stun so be wary when using this. Also wallsplats and provides a decent launch height, but isn't her best launcher.

*PKK7K~- Kasumi performs a 16i flipping mid kick to launch her opponent on normal hit. This is one of Kasumi's best launchers since it can lead to a lot of damage potential and combo set ups if used properly, but this is more or so something to use in stun only. The attack is SUPER unsafe at -24 on block and an atrocious 57 frames of recovery… you're basically a sitting duck if this either blocked or whiffed so don't ever use this attack unless it will hit.

Besides that the move is able to be go into Hoshinpo on hit, as well as her new on hit teleport attacks, making it versatile in stun launch set ups or juggles. Does not track and although it isn't held directly, the opponent moves out of the way of the attack when held, allowing them to pick their desired measure of punishment as you recover, whether it be a throw or strike so avoid being read when trying to attempt this. Also wallsplats.

Do note that in order for the launcher to be of actual use, you MUST cancel into one of her enders, either for a combo bound conversion or ender in regards to her teleport slice or kick enders. You can can also cancel into her Hoshinpo teleport stance for more intricate combos that require more wall carry.

*PKKP- Kasumi finishes off her string with a somewhat telegraphed 28i lifting sakura mid punch launcher. This is a very good in stun launcher and tracks, making it useful alternative to PKK6K. The downside is that it's punishable being -12 on block and it's 40i recovery leaves alot to be desired. It can avoid lows however, and it wallsplats.

°°PP6P- Kasumi strikes her opponent with a 10i elbow mid punch attack with 24i recovery. Although unsafe at -9 to -11 on block depending on distance and being -8 on normal hit, it's quick nature makes useful for scoring a counter hit or interrupting opponent attacks, giving you a nice +20 stun to work with. While it isn't safe and doesn't track, it can be free cancelled on block to fool your opponents and it's follow ups can,be delayed or used since you have a lot of different options your opponent will have to be cautious about. Also causes a knockback in stun limits and critical reversals which means you can pursue a tech set up if the opponent doesn't tech up immediately.

*PP6PP- Pretty much the same as her elbow ender from similar strings and from Hoshinpo, only difference being it's 21i making it slightly slower. Still safe, but can be ducked and does not track.

°PP6PK- Kasumi uses a 15i spinning roundhouse mid kick with 30i recovery to attack. Unsafe at -12i on block and -1 stun on normal hit(+0 at max range) but it's pushback dismisses most throws making it distance safe… as long as you're not backed into a wall or vice versa with your opponent. This kick tracks and has good distance when playing the spacing game with your opponent when you're working your way in or attempting to keep them out, making it a good footsie and spacing tool. If it hits your opponent on counter hit, it'll cause a +19i spin stun, allowing you move in to pursue a stun set up or launch.

*PP6PKK- Kasumi finishes her prior string with a telegraphed but powerful spinning 30i mid kick with 40i recovery. It's punishable at -15 on block but it tracks, has great delay, and knocks back an incredible distance on any type of hit. This ender however tends to be very linear and easy to see coming, only use this when you're absolutely sure you have your opponent convinced that you won't finish the string. This also tracks so this can be used to nail a reckless sidestepper. It also wallsplats, although it's somewhat steep recovery means you'll have to use quicker wall follow ups rather than the more optimal damaging ones.

*PP6PK2K- Kasumi finishes the string instead with a 28i sweeping low spin with 32i recovery. Has better range and also tracks and avoids highs but is unsafer at -18 on block. The move ender has tip properties and will provide +1 advantage at tip range and +3 on counter hit but will knock down on normal hit at close range. This tends to be less easy to see coming than her other ender, but use this liberally! This will also cause a +48 slip stun on counter hit in stages with slippery surface areas.

*PP6P6K- Kasumi transitions her elbow into a jumping overhead flipping 18i mid kick with 23i recovery. It's -12 on block and doesn't really do much in stun besides knock down, but it can be delayed nicely. On normal hit it knocks down as well, but if your opponent is hit on counter hit, it'll provide a brief bounce allowing you a quick follow up. Does not track but avoids lows and can also crush low wake up kicks, and is also a true mid kick, meaning you can use this to hit grounded opponents or foes in special stances that would otherwise avoid a normal mid attack.

*PP6P6KK- Finishes her previous flip kick with another one, albeit at 25i and with 2 more recovery frames. Unsafer at -12 and like the previous kick, doesn't really grant much besides a knock down on normal hit, but it still avoids lows and has good delay. Also a true mid kick and can crush low wake up kicks.

*PP6P6KP- Enders the string in the exact same elbow ender from her PPPPP string and 3PPP string which I will address very soon. Safe, but able to be ducked and stepped. Also wallsplats.

*PP6P2K- Ends the elbow with a 23i low vaulting kick with 23i recovery. Although unsafe at -12, it tracks and has surprisingly good reach at mid range, making it useful for chipping at opponents from a distance, as well as being able to avoid high attacks. No matter the distance, Although it has tip range damage properties, it'll always grant you +11 advantage on normal hit( stun can't actually be continued unless fighting in a stage with an invisible wall or near a wall in which case you can do P) allowing you continue to pester your opponent with your advantage lead. If done on counter hit, you'll gain +13 instead, and at close range you'll be able to use 6P to continue the stun set up. If done at close range from a hi counter hit, it'll knock down outright, so keep these in mind. Will cause a +38 counter hit slip stun in stages with slippery surfaces as well as its other string variants with this ender, but only at tip range.

°PP6K- Kasumi performs a 14i turning mid knee kick with 26i recovery. Useful as a mix up, this knee tracks and grants +9 advantage on any type of hit, meaning that besides it's high and low ender, nothing else will be able to continue the stun as a combo, and it being -14 on block doesn't help matters much either. If done from max range, you'll get +11 but this can't be used practically for a stun set up unless near a wall.

All in all this is what I would call a baiter type string, where it can be used in a stun to see if the opponent will react and hold afterwards anticipating one of the follows up, in which case you can either continue the stun from that point or bait a throw, and if they didn't react, you can use the advantage to continue to poke at your opponent. Keep in mind the knee also launches a back turned opponent if it hits by itself!

*PP6KK- Finishes the mid knee string with 18i high kick. Can be ducked and can be whiff punished due to its 30i recovery and doesn't track but it's safe at -6 and wallsplats. Always knocks down regardless of normal or counter hit

*PP6K2K- Her more telegraphed 28i low knee sweep with 32i recovery. This move is much unsafer at -18 on block and can be shut down from the get with most quick low 2P attacks making it somewhat flawed. Despite that, it still tracks and can be delayed very nicely. Provides +3 at tip range and max range and +5 on counter hit at tip range and knocks down on counter hit up close. Be wary that this particular low is considered standing and doesn't avoid high attacks. Will cause a +39 counter hit slip stun in slippery stage areas at tip range.

:kasumi:~I see that…: Be very careful when you use this string in neutral situations since it can be shut down by pretty much everyone's low 2P attacks in the game.

°°PP2K- Kasumi further throws things off balance with a 20i standing low kick with 30i recovery. This is a useful low attack that can open opponents up thanks to the +4 given at tip range and +6 advantage given from up close, letting you lead the offensive. If done up close on counter hit, it knocks down, and it has tracking making dangerous to sidestep. The move is useful as a way to open up foes who are guarding your highs and mids and not minding their feet. The advantage places the foe in a situation where they have to react defensively since your advantage can allow you to easily get a counter hit going, or you can throw them if you feel they still won't open up in fear of getting counter struck.

All that aside, you must be careful throwing it out since its -16 frames on block make it both strike and throw punishable… Also be cautious when using it at close range in neutral since unless the opponent is defending, they can easily jab you out of it, it also can't avoid highs either. Causes a +41 counter hit slip stun in slippery stage areas at tip range. The attack can also be used in juggles or stun to cause a knockback for force tech set up if the opponent doesn't tech up immediately.

°PPK- Kasumi leaps in the air with a 17i jumping side high kick with 25i recovery. It stuns on normal hit granting you a +23 stun, and if done on counter hit or in a stun set up, it'll cause a dramatic forced turn stun that gives you a +43 advantage stun, allowing more nasty options. Tracks and covers a decent distance but is able to be ducked and low held out of, and is unsafe at -13 on block.

°PPK6- Allows Kasumi to transition into Hoshinpo, can be used to bait a reaction or chain into Hoshinpo for its follow ups. The dash can also cover distance allowing you move in on an opponent who's far from you.

*PPKK- Kasumi finishes the above string with a 15i mid kick with 26i recovery. Doesn't track and is -10 when blocked but always will knock down on normal hit or higher. Also wallsplats, and if the opponent is hit by PPK on counter hit, the turning counter hit stun as well as the forced turn in critical stun will guarantee this follow up and the second one as well!

This move will also cause a special off the ropes sling rebound stun in stages with ropes as the walls, such as The Sweat stage. This stun gives you +55 advantage(+60 against back turned foes) giving you immense combo potential, as well as even guarantees when your opponent is unlucky enough to be thrown chest first….

*PPK2K- Kasumi throws in the spinning standing low kick from PP2K, except this time it's faster at 18i and has 2 more recovery frames. If the string is done on counter hit or in a critical stun when the forced turn stun is done, this will be guaranteed if the PPK hits successfully without being held in stun.

°PP7K~- Ends the string in the same flip kick from PKK7K, this time however it's unsafer at -30 on block and faster at 11i. Can transition into Hoshinpo and her other teleport options from this as well, making it very useful in stun and combo set ups.

:kasumi: ~ MY SPECIAL ART!!!: It's not widely known but Kasumi can reliably "cross up" and change sides with her opponent from a combo set up using PP7K~6! This is however more of something that's mainly useful after her 4H+K fatal sit down stun since it gives her max launch height for it to reliably work. When performed in a combo after 4H+K, perform PP7K(in more open space so neither the sit down attack or PP7K will cause a wall splat unless you have interacted with a breakable object which will not trigger wall hits until a break blow is performed near them) and transition into Honshinpo and you will have switched sides with your launched opponent! This is useful for getting your opponent back near a danger zone or wall you were near, as well as setting you up for environmental damage while escaping it yourself. If done against light weight opponents, you can perform PP7K again and use her P followup to bound your for for a close hit finisher! Cool huh??

While this is useful against lighter weights, the cross up loses its damage potential against heavier characters. Mid weights however are able to be juggled with her other non bound enders from Hoshinpo as well as other combo setups, while heavier characters are usually limited to shorter combos like 7K for example.

*PPPK- Kasumi performs a turning 18i high kick that will leave her back turned if she doesn't finish it with 30i recovery. This will cause a +19 stun no matter if it's done on normal or counter hit, and it leaving you back turned is a good catalyst that allows you access to her back turned move repertoire! Unsafe at -8 to -7 however and you're open to punishment while facing away, so be prepared to defend if you know what your opponent will do in this situation. This has no tracking and it can be ducked due to it being a high. It will also wall splat on counter hit or in stuns.

*PPPKK- Kasumi finishes this string off with an elegant and graceful 29i backwards cartwheel with 22i recovery that leaves her back turned. This always knocks down with a bound type ground bounce, making it an excellent catalyst for combos if done in the right situations. It's also safe at -5 on block, but be prepared to be on the defensive to anticipate what your opponent will do. Like her previous move, this wallsplats but this will do so on normal hit. This attack is also a true mid as well

*PPPKP- Kasumi does a similar spinning mid punch launcher to PKKP except slower at 30i with 3i more recovery and unsafer at -17 on block. This tracks and is considered jumping and launches on normal hit or counter hit, and it will also wall splat.

*PPP2K- Similar to her PP6P2K, she throws in the same low vaulting kick, except now slower at 26i and now is considered crouching much sooner. Tracks but is still unsafe and slightly more telegraphed.

°K- The standalone version of PK, except the high kick is now only 11i. Has all of the same string options as before and is especially useful in stuns or even on block as well. Does not track and can easily be ducked.

*KK- Same as the in string version PKK. Does not track and can be ducked.

*KKK- Same as the string version PKKK without the initial high punch. The final high kick tracks and knocks down on normal hit, as well as wallsplats and is useful in juggles.

°° °K3K- Same as PK3K, a mid kick that tracks and is useful for nailing side steps. Like PK3K, it gives +10i advantage in stun but it can't actually be used to continue a combo and knocks down at the max stun threshold, making it more useful as a way sort of “reset” the opponent back to normal standing so you can use the advantage to pressure them again or even go for a throw if they fail to react.

As of the recent update, this attack allows for instant force techs if your opponent does not tech up right away if it is used in stun yo exceed the stun limit, leading to a knockback.

:kasumi: ~I see that....: A knockback is a move property that occurs from either a critical reversal which is using the same attack that causes the knockback twice in a stun, or by using the attack to end a stun when the stun limit is exceeded. These attacks will allow a no timing force tech using the mentioned attacks in this guide if the opponent for NOT tech up right away, such as 2K>2K, or even things like 9KK. I will mark attacks in tho guide that do this with °° and will mention it in the move details!

*K2K- Same as PK2K, just without the initial high punch jab. Useful since the low sweep tracks and knocks down on counter hit and against sidesteps.

*KK6K- Like the PKK6 string, this finishes the string off with a vaulting mid kick that provides a lift stun on normal hit and a launch on counter hit and in stun.

*KK7K- Same as PKK7K, just without the initial high punch jab.

*KKP- Same as PKKP, just with no initial high jab. Tracks, and launches but still unsafe.

°1P. One of Kasumi's more useful low attacks: a 16i low punch jab attack with 25i recovery. This move is considered crouching and is a good counter poke against high kicks and punches. If done on counter hit it will give you a brief +14 stun in which you can continue it using attacks are fast enough to continue it which I list after the description. The move however is a risky one since on block its -10 and normal hit is -9, making it otherwise risky unless you're able to do it to an opponent preparing to attack. Does not track and also is considered "squatting" when recovering, so both low and standing throws can punish it. Will cause a +39 slip stun on counter hit in stages with slippery areas.

This attack can also be used against grounded opponents as a force tech, and if done twice in succession or after a previous ground attack that's fast enough to allow it to connect, it'll force the opponent back up and grants you +19 frame advantage to move first and keep the pressure strong!

:kasumi:~Come on!: The follow attacks attacks can be used during the +14 stun: 2P, 4P, 6P, P, K, 7K, and 8K!

*1PP- The ender of this static string, which is a high lifting 19i palm strike with 25i recovery. Like the previous strike, it's -10 on block and doesn't track, but provides a +29 deeper lift stun that allows for combo and stun potential. Can also be used as a knock off makeshift launcher of sorts if done close enough to the end of the critical stun threshold, but since this is a static string, finishing it may not always be ideal since the opponent may attempt to low hold it or crouch it.

:kasumi:~I see that…: In case you're wondering, a static string is a string that has only one follow up, which may seem like it's not a good thing, but static strings play a certain mind game, since your opponent will likely be aware of that specific follow up and it may make them second guess holding or trying to counter it out fear you may free cancel. Use this to your advantage when choosing on what you will do!

°2P- Another useful but weaker low, a 12i low chopping jab with 20i recovery. Safe at -4 on block, this is a useful attack to perform when being pressured at it easily shuts down highs due to it being crouching and it can easily beat out slower mids and low attacks. If done on any counter hit it grants +5 advantage, as well as +9 to back turned foes. On normal hit you'll be safe but at a slight disadvantage at -1 so be wary when using this as it's not a way to get momentum on normal hit. Does not track and can be low crushed.

Although the move has a more sticky input window against grounded opponents(Kasumi will likely perform her normal light ground attack if you don't properly buffer the 2P), the attack can be used as a force tech to force the opponent up if it's used twice in succession if they're not getting up. If done twice, they'll be forced up and you'll be at +24 frame advantage giving you ample options to continue the pressure! This attack however has short range so it's best to save this option for when your opponent is knocked down into tight corners that'll cage them from moving far away from you when you force them up.

°3P- Same as PPP, except now it's 13i as a standalone move. Useful for deeper lift stuns in a critical stun set up.

°3PP- Same as PPPP, jails on normal and counter hit.

*3PPP- Same as PPPPP, a safe high elbow ender. Can be ducked and stepped.

*3P2K- Same as PPP2K, good range and tracks but is unsafe. Noteworthy is that this and it's PPP2K string variant go into crouching status instantly once you go into the sweep, making this have a slight evasive edge over her other low sweeps.

*3PK- Standalone string of PPPKK, leaves back turned. Does not track and still can be ducked. Wallsplats on counter hit or in stun.

*3PKK- Standalone of PPPKK, safe on block, leaves back turned and knocks down on normal hit, as well as wallsplats. Does not track.

*3PKP- Same as PPPKP, mid punch launcher that tracks, launches on normal hit and wallsplats but is unsafe.

*33P- Another one of Kasumi's counter hit launchers: a 20i tracking upwards fan mid punch with 23i recovery. This doesn't do much on normal hit besides provide a 31i lift stun giving you plenty of options to pester the stunned for. It also leaves you back turned, granting you access to your assortment of tools when facing away. The attack is -9 on block but is useful in stuns as a decent launcher, as well as a good refloat in more complex juggles and wallsplat situations. It also avoids highs and can easily crush them but take heed since it's slightly slower and even in stun, the stun has to be a deeper one to actually be able to launch, otherwise the opponent can go back on the defensive and block it.

°° °4P- One of Kasumi's best jabs, 4P is a 12i forwards thrust mid jab with 23i recovery. Unsafe at -9 when blocked and being somewhat more of a mid close range tool, this is one of Kasumi's main counter poke attacks when prodding the foe. It leaves you at -6 to -7 on normal hit depending on the range and will cause a deadly +21 stun if it successfully hits on counter hit or stun. Does not track, but is useful as a quick poke when looking for a counter at a slight range.

The attack also will cause a knockback if done twice in a row in stun/exceeds the stun limit, allowing for a no timing force tech of tour choice if the opponent does not immediately rise up!

*4PP- Transitions into a lifting 20i high jab with 26i recovery that provides a +29 lift stun on normal hit. Can easily be ducked or low held to escape, but the move also can avoid some high and mid strikes if delayed, making it a good way to score deceptive counter hit damage. If done close to the end of a critical stun threshold, it can also double as a sort of launcher in situations where using a free cancel launcher may not be good. Unsafe at -10 on block. Overall useful as a deep stun that gives you more mix up potential.

°4P2K- Same as the vaulting low from 6P2K and PP6P2K, except swifter at 22i, tracks and has good reach from mid range and avoids highs but unsafe at -12 on block.

*4PK- Pretty much the same as her Hoshinpo K mid kick launcher, just swifter at 17i frames and has slightly less recovery making combo follow ups easier to perform. The attack is still unsafe, but much safer at -11 on block. This launches on normal hit, avoids lows due to the jump and makes for a useful quick string launcher in stun. Does not track however and can be easily punished if whiffed or used against a defensive adversary.

*4PKK- Completes the previous attack with the same high knee ender as the one from her Hoshinpo K follow up, same frames and all. Jails on block and the full thing makes for an excellent juggle ender, especially near walls where the high knee wall splats. Knocks face down on normal hit and jails on block if you finish the string with this, but doesn't track and be wary of the recovery when whiffed and it's unsafe nature on block. The high knee may also miss at certain angles against launched foes if the height isn't high enough for it to hit so be mindful.

°44P- Another good tool for Kasumi: This basically Kasumi's high punch jab, but it has 25i start up and one more recovery frame since she is now spinning to the side before dealing the blow. This attack has a lot going for it: First of all it tracks, making it a useful way to beat out side steppers. It's also safe at -3 on block and causes a +34 stun when it successfully jabs the foe. If jabs the opponent on counter hit or higher, it'll give you a +44 blind stun, which itself is already nasty, but it guarantees 44P6P, 44PP, or 44PK making it particularly dangerous.

Since the attack is also turning into the foreground or background during the animation, it can also avoid non tracking moves if timed correctly during the opponent's attack, making it a less dangerous alternative to just trying to step an opponent's attack, as well as being a unique way to avoid avoid throws and linear attacks when being pressured. Can be ducked so be cautious, and attacks that track can easily counter it if they're faster. The move is also weak against offensive holds(Throws with active hold properties that can be done outside of stun, and if timed right against a lengthy attack, it'll shut down the attack) so be very cautious against characters who possess one.

:kasumi:~I see that…: Something worth noting is that any follow ups or mix ups that you could do from Kasumi's normal P follow up are possible with this string as well. Be aware that Kasumi can not go into her jumping stance from this string however if you attempt to do 44P6P69.

°° °6P- Same as PP6P, except 11i and unsafer at -11. Like 4P this is one of her better counter hit tools as it can easily beat out slower attacks, but it lacks range meaning you have to be in your opponent's face for it to even hit. Does not track. Although it lacks reach, it actually moves you closer towards your opponent which is useful when noting its follow ups. Like is PP6P variant, it'll cause a knockback if it exceeds the stun limit or is done twice in a stun, allowing for a potential no timing force tech set up!

*6PP- Same as PP6PP, just faster at 20i. A safe high ender, but doesn't track and can be ducked.

°6PK- Same as PP6PK, except now as a standalone string, the kick is one frame faster. Has good reach and tracks, making it useful when at mid range to prod the opponent trying to move as a way to keep them out or to score a counter hit so you can move in with an attack of your own. Unsafe but has pushback making it safe to use besides when near a wall.

*6PKK- Same as PP6PKK, A mid spin kick finisher that tracks and has great knockback on hit but still is unsafe and pretty predictable and telegraphed but can be delayed very nicely.

°6PK2K- Same as PP6PK2K, a tracking low sweep kick finisher that knocks down at close range and stuns at tip range. Unsafe and somewhat telegraphed but can be delayed nicely.

°6P2K- Same as PP6P2K, Just faster and recovers quicker by only one frame. Tracks and has good mid reach but unsafe.

°° °66P- One of Kasumi's more known attacks, this is a forward dashing 16i elbow mid attack with 25i recovery, useful for moving in on an opponent from a distance and can also be done by running. Scores you a nice +19 stun on normal hit and has good reach. Doesn't track however and is unsafe at -15, but can also wall splat on counter hit. This is one of Kasumi's best ways to move in from a distance and is also useful when stunning the opponent with attacks that create a gap or have been performed at a range where other more optimal attacks like 4P and 6P won't connect since it has good range.

If it's done twice in a row on normal hit/stun or if it exceeds the stun limit, it will result in a knockback that'll allow a no timing potential force tech set up if the opponent does not immediately get up!

:kasumi:~MY SPECIAL ART!!!: If Kasumi performs this on a back turned opponent, it'll result in a limbo type fall stun that can lead you to guaranteed set ups! Although it may not happen too often, never miss the chance to use this against an inattentive foe!

°66PP~- Kasumi ends the string with a 15i high upwards spinning jab slash. It tracks, and causes a GB on block but it's unreliable at -7(-5 to -6 at max range) unless you cancel into Hoshinpo which gives you +4 advantage. On normal hit it causes a blind stun that scores you +9 advantage but you can't actually combo from it unless you cancel into Hoshinpo which leaves you at +19 which can combo into your Hoshinpo or other teleport follow ups. Can be ducked, but the move can be nicely delayed and it wallsplats but not much can be done to take advantage of said wall splat unless you cancel into Hoshinpo or her other teleport attacks due to the 50i recovery.

Another thing to note is that while it may seem like muscle memory to also cancel into Hoshinpo on hit or block(less likely), you don't necessarily have to as the advantage on hit can be used to further pressure the opponent, and you can cancel into Hoshinpo to feint a follow up to get a reaction from your opponent, such as them blocking or crouching low out of fear of being high struck or thrown, or even sidestepping to avoid her safe mid kick ender or her mid jumping punch.

°° *66PK- A new attack, Kasumi takes a page out of Hayate's scroll and implements a spinning 14i kick with 31i recovery as a finisher to her forward elbow dash. Unsafe at -12 on block, but this follow up should help make opponents second guess ducking or low or high holding in anticipation of her other high punch option from this string. The attack does track and has a decent reach, as well as wallsplat and knocks down on normal hit. The attack can also be used after specific combo conditions so you can use the good knock back it has practically in the vain of Hayate. Also has good delay which can help throw off the unwary. The kick will also cause a knockback in open space that allows a potential force tech set up if the opponent doesn't get up immediately.

°7PP- Kasumi retreats by performing one or two backwards somersault flips depending in the input. When you want to back away from the opponent without risking a back dash counter hit, this is a useful move at it covers ground in little time. It can also be an occasional lifesaver since it can help you escape dangerous narrow situations if the opponent is in your face. Be cautious as you will fall to the ground if your opponent lands a hit on you while you are flipping.

:kasumi:~MY SPECIAL ART!!!: Kasumi can use a special maneuver if she's near a wall and does 7P: If near one, she'll jump unto it briefly before using her ninpo to slice through her opponent! This attack is 36i and has a 31i recovery so whiffing isn't recommended, but if it hits the opponent, it'll cause a crumple fall stun that can be used for easy damage. If blocked, you'll gain +3 advantage and you can use this as a way to escape being backed into walls. Does not track however and can be stepped.

:kasumi:~I see that...: When using 7P when near walls, Kasumi isn't just limited to using her backturned options like her H+K and 4P to launch the opponent! If you quickly turn around(Using the guard button is reccomended) you can connect certain attacks to continue a stun, which will also be dangerous for the opponent since they'll be backturned, causing certain attacks to have more dangerous properties. Moves like 2K, 4P, and various others that are quick enough to connect can be used, but be wary that by using a stun to continue the combo, the opponent will be able to hold and also break hold if they have meter, so only go for this if you're positive the opponent won't be able to successfully read you.

°8P- a simple 20i jumping mid punch strike with 25i recovery. This is one of Kasumi's safe strikes being -4, and it avoids lows, making it adept at crushing lows including low wake up kicks! On hit it stuns your foe with a +22 stun, but this is a bit risky since you can be held if an opponent quickly sees the jump. Kasumi can also be hi counter struck if an opponent hits her due to the jump so be very careful when throwing this out.

*9P- Tenbu which is Kasumi's 44i empty jump. Avoids lows and covers a good distance and has follow ups. Avoid being hit since you'll be hi counter hit.

°214P- One of her launcher attacks, which is a 21i high launching elbow with 32i recovery. It launches on normal hit with obvious better launch on counter hits, and it's relative swiftness makes it a useful go to in deep stun set ups. It also avoids highs and lows during the jump and covers a decent distance making it fine to use when at mid close range as a high crush, and it's also useful as a filler refloat in certain massive launch set ups. The move however surprisingly doesn't track, is able to be ducked and it's -9 to -12 on block depending on distance. Overall a useful launcher that can avoid attacks when making an approach against an aggressive opponent.

°236P- This a 20i double palm thrust with 31i recovery. Being unsafe at -11 when blocked and not tracking, this move is definitely not suited for use outside of juggles which is where it's most useful. When used after you perform a "bound" to an opponent, you can use this attack as the combo ender to knock the opponent far backwards, or into a nearby wall or danger zone. However it's most effective when you are close enough to get the close hit property, which makes the move deal even more damage.

The thing about it is that it can be hard to get it consistently if you don't move in close enough, so once the bound is performed, it's best to dash forward quickly before buffering the move input, but in stages when you're directly near a wall, getting close hit is much easier. Always keep this move in mind during bound juggles as it is Kasumi's staple ender.

°° °1K- Same as PP2K and H+K2K, just 20i frames and now a standalone move. As previously stated, this is a useful attack for helping apply pressure to opponents who happen to be defending against highs and mids as you gain +6 advantage. Can be interrupted somewhat easily however since its a standing low, but it's tracking as well as it's relative swiftness in comparison to her other low kicks makes it a useful go to to further throw off your opponent.

Can also be used as a force tech from a previous ground hit that it's quick enough to connect from, such as 4H+K and 2K. If it successfuly connects and forces the opponent up it'll give you +13 frame advantage. Also will cause a knockback in juggle combos or after her bounds which can lead to a potential no timing force tech!

*2K- Kasumi's swift 14i standing low kick with 26i recovery. Useful as a way to hit an opponent from mid range due to the reach but it's -8 on normal hit and -9 when blocked. If done on counter hit or in a stun, it'll cause a +18 stagger type stun, but due to the animation of the stun, it's easy for shorter ranged attacks to miss so focus more on longer ranged attacks unless near a wall. Does not track. Will cause a counter hit +38 slip stun in stages with slippery areas.

If used as a force tech or done twice in succession against a grounded opponent, you'll force the opponent back up and be given +18 frame advantage allowing you to continue the pressure!

*2KK- Kasumi's only follow up from this string which is a 19i high kick with 26i recovery. This is a somewhat linear option since it doesn't track, is able to be ducked, somewhat predictable, and it's range isn't all that great, as it can often miss at a certain range. It's also unsafe at -10 making it somewhat squishy(***) but if it hits on normal hit, it'll cause a +29 lift stun. It'll also launch the opponent on counter hit allowing you to pursue a juggle. Although not one of her best string enders, if you have conditioned the opponent to expect a free cancel, you can use this to throw them in stun, or even on block since this string has great delay!

°° °3K- Kasumi's 14i mid side kick with 24 recovery frames. Definitely one of her better kick attacks, it has good reach and is very useful at mid range when attacking an opponent trying to rush you or move in. The attack is -8 when blocked but has pushback making it safe to use in open space. +4 stun will be given on normal hit and when used in stuns or on successful counter hit or against a crouching foe, you'll be given a +19 stomach keel stun, making it her best mid kick to use in a stun when looking for more damage. Does not track. If done twice in stun or exceeds the stun limit in open space, it'll cause a knockback that can lead to a potential no timing force tech if rhe opponent doesn't get up right away!

*3KK- Similar to her 2KK. She finishes her string with a 17i high vaulting high kick with 24i recovery. Tracks, knocks down on normal hit and wallsplats but is very easy to duck and crouch and is unsafe at -8 on block but has decent delay to throw off opponents.

°33K- A flipping 16i upwards vaulting mid kick launcher with 27i recovery. This is regarded generally as her best launcher and has very high damage potential among her launchers due to its launch height. Unsafe at -11 when blocked and has shorter range but it has pushback making it safe in open space. Be wary when performed otherwise since a jab during the recovery can make you fall due to Kasumi being considered jumping.

*4K- Same as 3PK and PPPK, just faster at 16i frames. Leaves back turned but doesn't track, wallsplats on counter hit. One of Kasumi's quicker standalone ways to score a stun that can be used for a critical combo set up or even a launch set up but it being a high makes it vulnerable to being crushed. Also does not track still as well.

°4KK- Same as above. Knocks down and wallsplats on normal hit, safe and doesn't track. Like the original string variant, it'll cause a standard "bounce" launch giving it very high reward when used in stun or on counter hit, but it will suffer an evade hold if successfully held leaving you open for punishment.

*4KP- Same as above, tracks and launches and wallsplats on normal hit. Unsafe. While viable as an alternate way to launch the foe, this launcher vs her mid kick one is more telegraphed and can easily be reacted to due to it's start up, as well as being generally unsafe when blocked. Can evade lows briefly however during the jump.

°6K- Same as PP6K, except now 15i as a standalone attack. Tracks and useful as a baiter(***) but is unsafe on block and follow ups are pretty reactable. This is a general go to when you have about +5-6 frame advantage as its follow ups can be used to bait a crouch or high/low hold and even if your opponent doesn't falter, it's +9 on hit allowing you more opportunity to pressure. 6K will also always launch back facing foes, making it useful as a punish and for more complex situations such as ceiling hits and when used after crossing up sides.

*6KK- Same as PP6KK, her safe high kick ender. Doesn't track and can be ducked and stepped.

*6K2K- Same as PP6K2K, a tracking low knee sweep but stil somewhat slow and is very reactable.

°66K- Another way for Kasumi to move in her opponent, this is a 16i leaping jump mid kick with 27i recovery. Landing it will result in a +19 stun you can pursue making it useful for hitting from a far due to its reach. It's however -11 when blocked and doesn't track. Be careful when throwing this attack out as it will count as a hi counter if you're struck during the jump and you can fall. One of her best ways to move in due to it's range, and it's follow ups, and is among her quicker attacks for scoring a stun you can work with. An easy longer reach low crush.

*66KK- Her simplest follow up, which is another quick 12i kick with 32i recovery. While unsafe at -17 and you can get floored with a simple jab during the recovery by faster characters, the move is useful for rushing an opponent who is recklessly moving in on you. It grants you a +10 stun allowing you advantage to move first, so you can use this as an opportunity to fish for a counter or you can throw if you think your opponent will defend. The move will grant +6 advantage on back turned opponents and it will wall splat as well, but take heed for it has no tracking. Although very unlikely, doing this attack at max range and letting only the second kick to land will grant you +13 advantage and this can be continued with a normal P punch for a stun set up, but this is highly situational and difficult in a real match setting. The move can be used as a sort of launcher of sorts when the final kick exceeds the stun threshold, allowing you to perform a follow up combo during the foe's roll back state while on the ground.

*66K~K- Her other mid kick option which is a slower 27i kick with 23i recovery that finishes the string with a graceful downwards flipping kick. This can only be done on hit and as a result it's somewhat telegraphed, but it's safe on block at -3. It will always knock down unless done on an opponent who is in the air, in which case it'll cause a brief bound bounce allowing you to continue a combo. besides that it doesn't track and can be stepped. It also will wallsplat, but it's recovery is quite good in this situation and can lead to good wall combo damage when used in the right stages.

Although it's situational, if done against an opponent who attempts a crouching throw, it'll also cause a bounce in this case.

*66K~P6- Her other option from this string which is 23i downwards mid punch strike with 30i recovery. Although unsafe on block at -16 and having no tracking, this is a cool mix up that will smack the opponent on the ground on normal hit, and it can transition into Hoshinpo as well. If done on counter hit, it'll cause a higher bounce that'll allow you to have more combo potential besides the Hoshinpo enders for more damage, and it'll cause a bound done on an airborne launched opponent at the right height. A true mid as well, but pretty impractical as one.

:kasumi:~MY SPECIAL ART!!!: Kasumi can also cancel into her P+K teleport slice attack if 66K~P hits, although the timing is somewhat strict. While neat to know, there is no real negative to not using this ender over her other enders from the move

*7K~- Same as PP7K. Unsafe and doesn't track but has a Hoshinpo transition on hit in addition to the other teleport attacks!

*8K- One of her simpler counter launchers, a 12i high kick with 27i recovery. This isn't something that's meant to be used in neutral situations. If blocked, you'll be at -13 on hit but a successful hit will result in a +26 lift stun, while a hit in stun or counter stun will cause a decent launch. Be cautious since this can be crouched and low crushed and low held put of.

*9K- Same as 6P6K and PP6P6K, has good range. Doesn't track and is unsafe but knocks down and is also a true mid kick.

If done twice in succession or done after a previous ground attack/true mid that is fast enough to allow it to connect, it'll force the opponent back up granting you +20 frame advantage!

*9KK- Same as above, also a true mid kick. If this string is done against a grounded opponent who is getting up, it'll force them up granting you +18 frame advantage!

°9KP- Same as 6P6KP and PP6P6KP, safe ender but can be ducked and stepped. Like PP6P6K and 6P6K, if those hit on counter hit, the bounce from the counter will allow the high elbow to connect for a combo.

°P+K- Same as the P6PP string except without the initial high punch jab. Unsafe, but tracks and provides a lift stun on counter hit and in stun and against crouching foes. Since its a standalone attack now and is 14i, it's her fastest tracking move, besides her 6K which is 15i and a mid kick.

*P+K6- Same as above. Can transition into Hoshinpo. Can avoid highs.

°° *P+KP- Same as above, from the P6P string. Tracks, true mid, but unsafe.

*P+KK- From the P6P string, a tracking low sweep, unsafe. Knocks down up close on counter hit.

°6P+K- One of her new tools in DOA6 taken from DOA2 with some adjustments to the input: a 15i upwards swiping mid punch slash with 25i recovery. Being -12 on block and -11 on hit, it's not something to use in neutral unless you're absolutely positive you'll be using it interrupt a slower attack or at advantage. If you do use it in stun or score a counter hit, you'll score a nice +30 lift stun. Doing this to a crouching foe will cause a +16 stun and a +15 when they're backturned. Also useful as a sort of launcher, but does not track by itself. Overall this can be considered an alternative to 3P if you need a mid punch with better reach while still providing a deeper lift stun, but keep in mind it's slightly weaker than 3P.

*6P+KK- Kasumi ends the string with a backwards flipping 17i mid kick with 32i recovery. On normal and counter hit, it'll cause a +23 lift stun, and due to its range it's useful for getting a counter stun from afar allowing you to move in on the offensive. The move however is linear and can be stepped, and it's -17 when blocked, but it's possible to avoid certain throws when done from its max range. Also guaranteed against back turned opponents and is one of Kasumi's useful bound combo enders as it puts considerable distance between you and your opponent.

*6P+K2K- Her other follow up, which is a crouching low 25i sweep kick that tracks. Does avoid highs and provides a +1 to +2 brief stun advantage giving you an edge, but the kick is punishable on block due to have 35i recovery, and being a steep -19. The perk to this move is that it's her only low sweep that has no tip range properties, and it'll knock down on counter hit. This string will also be guaranteed on backturned opponents, and you can pursue a combo set up with the +23 slip stun it provides. Will not cause a counter hit slip stun however unlike her other lows since this is her only low ender that does not have tip range properties besides 2K.

°H+K- Same as the PPK variant frames and all. Tracks, can transition to Hoshinpo, and avoids lows but unsafe.

*H+K6- Same as above, transitions to Hoshinpo which can avoid highs.

*H+KK- Same as above, unsafe and doesn't track but knocks down on normal hit and wallsplats.

*H+K2K- Same as above, like PPK2K it tracks and knocks down up close on counter hit. Unsafe on block. Very risky to throw out when your foe is recovering as a sideways recovery can cause the low to go horribly off axis leaving you open for a strike or throw.

*6H+K- One of Kasumi's harder hitting kick attacks: a roundhouse heavy 20i roundhouse high kick with 29i recovery. This is one of Kasumi's slower techniques so it's best to use this when you have frame advantage unless you know you'll be able to land it. It provides a nasty +40 forced reeling back stun when it lands, which will guarantee both of its follow ups which I'll note below, both outside and in stun making it useful if you want some guaranteed damage;it also wallsplats as well. The move however is able to be ducked and -11 on block and is able to be low crushed fairly easily. It is also able to cause a +53 rope stun in stages such as the Sweat stage.

*6H+KK- This ends the string with a similar 21i high kick with 20i recovery. Unsafe at -11 to -12 on block, but knocks down on normal hit and wallsplats. As mentioned above, if the previous high kick hits in stun or on normal hit successfully, this follow up will be guaranteed! Can however be low crushed and ducked so be wary.

*6H+K2K- Kasumi ends the string with a 23i sweeping low knee with 23i recovery. Unsafe at -11 on block but knocks down up close and provides +10 advantage stun at tip range, while it'll provide a +12 stun at tip range on counter hit and at tip range in stun. Useful from a distance and also tracks, avoids highs due to the crouch as well as being guaranteed if the initial 6H+K hits successfully in or out of stun. Causes a +47 slip stun on counter hit with stages that have slippery surfaces.

°4H+K- One of Kasumi's more unique strikes, this is a 22i side axle mid kick with 22 frames of recovery. If this hits, it'll put the opponent in a fatal sit down stun. Fatal stuns are stuns that can only be held out of by using ½ a meter of your break gauge meter to break hold out of the stun, and if your opponent is unwilling to sacrifice that or if they have no meter, this virtually guarantees any strike or launcher of your choice making it deadly. If the stun isn't followed up with anything the opponent will fall to the floor so be sure to not miss the opportunity to use it. The attack however is unsafe at -13 on block and it's slower speed makes it somewhat predictable in stun and it can only be used in her deeper length stuns such as her lift stuns. Does not track, but it's a true mid, making it excellent for nailing opponents on the ground and in special stances that avoid normal mid attacks. It will also increase the height of launchers that can be used after it such as 33K making for better combo potential.

After a successful break blow cancel, this is also the optimal follow up to use before pursuing a juggle set up to get the best height and as a pseudo way to extend the fatal stun, although you may want to avoid this when near a wall as to avoid a wallsplat.

This attack is also able to be used as a force tech, and if done twice in succession or after a previous ground attack that's quick enough to let it connect, it'll force the opponent up, giving you +22 frame advantage to move first.

*2H+K- Same as the low sweep from PP6PK2K and 6PK2K. Tracks, knocks down up close and avoids highs but is unsafe.

*3H+K- Same as the counter launch mid kick from KK6K and PKK6K, only safer at -9 on block.

*66H+K- Another one of Kasumi's forward dashing attacks she can use when approaching an opponent. She jumps briefly to perform a 30i low sweep to floor her opponent when done from up close. The move is definitely not safe: having a steep 29i recovery, being very telegraphed and lengthy and it's -16 on block making it punishable. It's also considered jumping but doesn't avoid lows during the start up making it vulnerable to hi counters. The move is also vulnerable to being freestepped if The opponent simply walks to either side during the animation making it miss completely. The move can be used smartly by using it at a distance since it has great reach; when done at tip range, you gain +5 advantage and when done on counter hit, you'll gain +7 from their trip stun. The move also avoids highs up close strangely enough making it useful as a high crush. Will also cause a counter hit +42 slip stun in stages with slippery areas.

°2P(Against grounded opponent)- This is Kasumi's primary ground attack, which is an 18i chopping hand slash that hits the opponent either on their stomach or back depending on the position they fell. Doesn't track and has 31i recovery. If it hits the opponent, the opponent will stand up with no input but you'll generally be at neutral advantage since they're somewhat invincible until they fully stand up. The downside is that you'll be left at a varying level of disadvantage depending on how late you did the attack if the opponent techs up either backwards or sideways(although it is possible to nail sideways rising opponents if you did the attack right on point). Overall this is Kasumi's weakest ground attack but it's fast and can help get quick damage.

*8P+K(Against grounded opponent)- Kasumi's heavy ground attack that is 34i, slow but does more damage than her 2P ground attack. Has decent range and can be used from mid range but won't always hit at long range, and is also unsafe if whiffed. You're left in a a brief crouching stage which can be low thrown, and you also will transition to squatting which also can be low or standing throw punished.

°9P+K- Her special jumping move that's about 48i. Doesn't do anything offensive but it evades lows and also can evade attacks if timed correctly, and it covers considerable distance. Useful for being able to close gaps as well as changing sides when done close to the opponent. Because of this, it's useful for escaping corners and hazards, but "whiffing" it( if you don't do this close to your opponent) will leave you backturned which may prove useful as Kasumi has attacks from that position that can crush either lows or highs, as well as having swift follow ups or even slower but safe ones to avoid being thrown upon block.

While incorporating it into set ups might seem impossible, it can also be used during lengthy stuns you've inflicted to to switch sides as your opponent recovers ready to either defend or hold you. It's also possible to use 9P+K after certain stuns and hazards such as explosive dangerzones and slip stuns for either a fake out or to set up a backturned set up!

~Back-Facing Strikes~​

*P- Pretty much the same as her forward facing 9i strike, albeit slower at 11i and has a 18i recovery. Semi safe at -7 and be wary that the follow ups that you can do right after the initial P are 1i slower than their normal forward facing variants. Does not track but has slightly better reach.

*4P- Kasumi leaps in the air with a 16i launching mid punch with 37i recovery that launches on normal hit. It avoids highs during the start up making it adept at evading throw attempts and highs and it avoids lows during the jump. Unsafe at -12 when blocked but tracks,

°2P- Similar to her regular 2P, just a frame slower and a frame less recovery. Has better reach and is -6 when blocked but doesn't track. Useful to avoid high attacks and is also a useful refloat when used in back turned juggle set ups. When used to interrupt attacks on counter hit or when used in stuns, it'll cause a +15 stun that can be used to continue a stun set up or into a quick launch although your options will be limited to any move that's 13i or faster. This is also more a move that's recommended to use to continue stuns near walls rather than in open space since from specific attacks that leave you facing away on hit and then you perform the 2P, you'll likely have to use longer ranged moves like 4P since her shorter ranged options run the risk of whiffing in open space.

Causes a counter hit +17 slip stun in slippery stage areas.

*KK- Kasumi performs a similar double kick sequence similar to KK, but the first kick is now 14i and has 30i recovery, but tracks despite being -14 on block. The second kick is 20i and shares the same recovery and is safer at -10 but this one doesn't track. Both kicks provide +2 stun on normal hit by themselves but they'll both provide a +19 stun on counter hit and in stun. Useful also as a refloater in combos where you want to go for more damage via teleport transitions. The first kick also wallsplats on counter hit.

*4K- Kasumi performs a 15i roundhouse back turned mid kick with 29 recovery frames. Tracks and has decent range but it's stun is -1 on hit and -13 when blocked. If it counter hits, you'll be given a +14 stun but unless you're near a wall, you won't be close enough to actually use it, and unless you're in a stage with an invisible wall barrier, you'll be unable to use it since this attack wall stuns on counter hit.

*8K- Kasumi does a similar flip kick to the one she does in 66K~K, but in this case it's 24i with 27 recovery frames. It's somewhat seeable and it doesn't track but it's safe at -4 to -1 depending on the distance. Causes a bounce on counter hit although you can't really use it, and it wallsplats.

°H+K~- One of Kasumi's new tools in DOA6 for when she's backturned: Taking a page out of Phase 4's book, she uses a backwards leaping 14i mid kick flip to launch her opponent. The attack doesn't track, has shorter range, and has 34i recovery and is -20 on block, so it's not something really for use outside of stuns and juggle set ups. The attack has the ability to transition into Hoshinpo and her teleport options on normal hit, making it a great catalyst for combo set ups, especially stemming from 33P which links nicely into it during such combo set ups. The attack also avoids lows as well, and it doesn't wallsplat, making it a godsend near walls so you won't foul up a combo with an annoying wall splat.

*2K- Her other low from being backturned: a 20i backwards faulting low kick with 23i recovery. It's very similar to strings with the same low as an ender like 6P2K. It however causes a +13 stun on normal hit and at tip range on counter hit and a +11 one at tip range on normal hit, meaning you can continue the combo with 6P if you want to go for a set up. Will knock down on counter hit up close, and it tracks and avoids lows during the latter part of the low, but it's unsafe at -16 at tip range and -10 up close. Causes a +48 slip stun on counter hit at tip range on stages with slippery surfaces.

-Aaaaaaaaannnnnnd that finally concludes all of Kasumi's moves!!! Ready for more? We just barely got started, now we'll get into her throws, let's fight on!!

Section 7: Kasumi's throws explanation

Now that we have covered the main bulk of what makes up the bulk of Kasumi's moveset, we will now go into her throws. Being a striker, Kasumi doesn't really have a large assortment of throws like the grapplers and she possesses no offensive holds, but she has good throws for a variety of situations and different uses. Having a varied array of throws, she has everything from quick throws to punish throws that either focus on damage, damage and distance, or even launches so you can make use of the environment! While wall interaction isn't her focus in most of her throws, some of her throws benefit when used near walls as she'll perform an alternate throw near them that doesn't directly throw her foe into the wall, but does increased damage, but these can't be used in rope wall settings or stages that don't have standard type wall. She also has a few throws that do send her foe into the wall, but these tend to be more situational and can be avoided easily. She's also fortunate enough to have the ability to interact with the ceiling in the stages that have them since her launcher throws are able to send the foe flinging up into them!

I'll explain what they do, their frames and whatever else to ensure you're nicely informed! Let's settle this! Also to let you know, any throw with a ° means that'll perform either a different throw animation when near a wall or that it interacts with ceilings. A * will be used if the throw's launch height will deal damage if no follow up is done.

Another thing, all throws track and will beat sidesteps and will be considered a counter throw when performed on side steps, and will be considered hi counter when performed on offensive holds. Throws however lose to strikes so only throw when the opponent isn't attacking or guarding since you'll be hi counter struck. Also be aware opponents can crouch to avoid high throws on reaction if they see it coming.

~N:45 C:56 HC:67~
:T:- Kasumi's fastest throw, which is a 5i neutral throw with 23i recovery. She swoops atop their head and swoops into a flip placing her knees on the side of their head before using her knees and force to slam them on the ground. Can slam the opponent against walls when near them and can trigger danger zones involving the floor as well. The downside is that this throw can be escaped if the opponent performs a throw break.

This throw is especially deadly when near breakables as it will put the foe in the stun that can guarantee a launcher combo into a potential massive damage comeback if there's other breakables nearby that a break blow after a bound that can be interacted with. You can also use the stun for a stun set up but avoid free step set ups that's don't involve a launcher that can correctly launch crouching backturned foes like her 7K or 6K since you won't be able to continue a stun in this situation, the foe will outright fall. KK7K into her teleport dash is also possible from this stun for a cross up into a break blow in the right stages, but be wary that being virtually 39i frames, this will be enough time for the foe to quickly break hold if they have meter.

~N:50(60°) C:62(74°) HC:75(96°)
°:6::T:- Kasumi's 7i throw with 24i recovery: She grabs her foe's hand before flipping behind them and forcing them on the floor with a harsh toss. Can interact with floor danger zones. If she performs the throw near certain walls in stages that possess them, she'll maneuver on the wall while grappling her opponent and she sends them on the ground face first with a brutal double knee to their back, dealing more damage than normal. This is the go to throw you'll want to use when your foe is guarding or after unsafe moves as it can't be escaped and it's her quickest raw throw that can't be broken.

~N:56(66°) C:68(82°) HC:84(105°)
°:4::T:- Kasumi's 10i throw with 25i recovery. She climbs atop her opponents knee onto their head and proceeds to rapidly stomp their face until she stomps them into the ground before stepping off to switch sides. Interacts with floor dangerzones and if done with your back to a wall, Kasumi grabs her foe and forces them to splat on the wall with a hard kick to the back as they grab the wall for support after the recoil. In this situation the opponent won't be able to wake up kick or lay on the ground, putting the momentum in your favor.

~N:50 C:62 HC:75~
:2::T:- Kasumi's 5i low throw with 22i recovery. When done against a crouching opponent, she flips over them before spring jump kicking off of their back with strong force sending them face first on the floor. Interacts with floor danger zones. If done with your back near a wall, it'll send your opponent flying into the wall. This throw is also useful for making massive space between you and your opponent.

~N:28(43*)(53°) C:34(52*)(65°) HC:40(68*)(84°)
°:1::T:- Kasumi's 7i throw with 20i recovery. She grabs her opponent over her as she lies on the ground as she rapidly kicks their stomach before sending them in the air with a strong kick. This gives you the opportunity to follow up with a combo of your choice, but you'll also get damage from them if you let them fall on the ground which can interact with floor danger zones as well.

If done in an area with a ceiling, the launch kick will cause them to hit it, sending them back in,the ground as they recoil from the impact, giving you +60 stun advantage and guaranteeing a launcher or virtually anything since your opponent will be unable to hold for a while until after they fully crawl back up, so take advantage of this with a juggle of your choice!

-Example throw combo: 1T>KK7K~9PK•P(BOUND)>(Dash for close hit)236P(CLOSE HIT)

~N:58(56*) C:72(70*) HC:87(84*)~
:8::T:~:T:- Kasumi's 29i throw with 30i recovery. This is a long range jumping throw that avoids lows and covers a good distance. If it successfully hits, Kasumi will sit on her opponent's shoulders crotch to their face as they helplessly fail to grab her off. She will flip them head first on the ground if you don't continue the grapple, while she will flip them back first to the other side if you do, dealing slightly more damage. Interacts with the floor, but be cautious since this throw is pretty telegraphed besides the range. The throw is however quite deceptive as a move to use when your foe is trying to get up off the ground or trying to accurately defend when you're at an advantage, making it a useful way to easily floor them.

~N:0 C:0 HC:0~
:6::6::T:~:T:- Another one of Kasumi's 7i throws. This is a grapple throw that makes Kasumi do a handstand atop her opponent's shoulders. If she does nothing, she'll eventually flip off with +0 advantage. If she does continue it, she'll teleport behind them with +10 advantage, guaranteeing you combo damage! Be wary that since is a grapple, it can be broken by your opponent if they react quickly enough, leaving you at a -10 disadvantage.

:kasumi:~MY SPECIAL ART!: The following follow ups are guaranteed from 66T~T: 6P6K, 7K, 4PK, and 3PK in terms of attacks into launches.

-Example throw combo: 66T~T(Side change)>6P6K>4PKK

~N:55 C:68 HC:82~
:6::6::T:~:2::T:- Her other option from this grapple, she does knee to the face flip that sends them back first to the ground. If done near a wall or floor danger zone, more damage will be inflicted depending on the stage.

~N:68(75°) C:85(93°) HC:102(112°)~
°:3::3::T:- Probably Kasumi's most dangerous throw: a 17i throw with 30i recovery. Kasumi spins to grab her opponent, before swiftly teleporting through them at high speed, making them crumple over as she lowers her stance leaving her back turned. If done near a wall, she'll grab her opponent to jump unto the wall before jumping off it to slice through her opponent with her teleport, doing somewhat more damage. This is her most dangerous punish throw and can quickly take away a chunk of health, but be wary that it has a bit of recovery if it misses due to the spin start up. Although it has raw damage, it's more suited as both a missed hold punish or a sidestep punish as it's counter damage can be a quick momentum changer when the foe is recklessly holding.

:kasumi:~I see that...: If Kasumi does this throw near a wall and it triggers the teleport slice version, Kasumi will be guaranteed a 2P! While it doesn't seem like much, this can be used for deadly scenarios when done on stages with explosive floor hazards.

~N:30(45*) C:37(55*) HC:45(67*)~
°:236::T:- Kasumi's 12i launcher throw with 26i recovery. She goes atop her opponent going to the ground back first positioning them near her feet before launching them upwards with a launch kick with her legs. This throw is a perfect opportunity for Kasumi to get some easy damage off her opponent from either a missed hold or if they're being defensive. Like the 1T throw, if done in an area with ceilings, it'll cause a harsh ceiling hit they'll leave them in a lengthy crouch crawl stun, allowing you some potential high damage guarantees of your choosing. This is one of her ideal punish throws as the throw can take advantage of danger zones as well as being a threat in stages with ceilings.

-Example throw combo: 236T>66K•P(BOUND)~6>236P(CLOSE HIT)

~N:62 C:77 HC:93~
:214::T:- Kasumi's other 12i throw. She hops atop her foe's face before kicking off with great force, flipping backwards after slamming her opponent to the floor. It interacts with floors with danger zones as well making it even more nasty on stages with these. This punish throw is most useful when you want to get some space between you and your opponent, or mainly when you're in a stage that has neither a floor or wall of interest to get extra damage.

~N:58(56*) C:72(70*) HC:87(84*)~
:9::P::T:~:T:- Her 5i throw from her jumping Tenbu stance. Pretty much the same as 8T but has shorter range while being quicker on start up.

~N:60(68 BT) C:75(85 BT) HC:90(112)~
:T:(WHILE RUNNING)- Her 10i throw while running with 30i recovery. If it successfully hits she'll slice through her foe, leaving them floored and you back turned. Can be done against back turned foes for somewhat more damage. Running and doing this to an opponent near a wall will make you do 33T. Useful as a swift punish for if your opponent is preparing to defend against you rushing them or after certain attack stuns like 6H+K that cause the foe to reel back.

~N:55 C:68 HC:82~
:T:(Behind opponent)- Done by doing Kasumi's basic T to a back turned foe. She grabs her opponent and rolls them on their chest before delivering a harsh strike to their head before stepping away. Interacts with floors. This is her quickest options as a punish to foes who perform an attack that leaves them facing away.

~N:62 C:77 HC:93~
:4::T:(Behind opponent)- Done by doing Kasumi's 10i 4T throw behind a foe. She'll flip on their head with her feet on their shoulders before flipping off to once again jump on them, using her feet to flip them to the side of the ground. Can interact with floors and can hit the wall if done at the right angle for more damage! Like her T throw, it'll cause the same stun from breakables that allows you to pursue guaranteed damage but this can be tricky to gauge as the angle of the toss has to be relatively on point to hit the desired breakable, and it can be tricky especially since the foe being backturned isn't a common occurrence typically.

Section 8: Kasumi's holds explanation

This section will give you a rundown of Kasumi's holds she has on offer, meaning both her basic holds, teleport parries, and her expert holds. If holds are correctly used on the right hit level, it'll shut down that attack, but doing the wrong hold leaves you vulnerable to additional hits and even hi counter throws which do high damage, so don't hold recklessly! All normal holds and her expert mid kick hold have 18 active frames and 12i recovery, and her teleport parries have 12 active frames and 18i recovery. Finally her expert mid punch hold has 18 active frames and 17i recovery. With this in mind, let's go over what they all do:

:7::h:(Vs. high punch)- Kasumi intercepts her foe's punch before doing a spin to bring them to the ground with their restrained hand harshly as she forces them on the ground with a brutal knee to the neck area. Can interact with danger zone floors for slightly more damage. You're left close to opponent after the hold so prepare for a wake up kick by either defending or using 7P to retreat away if you don't want to be up close.

:7::h:(Vs. high kick)- Kasumi swiftly grabs her opponent's leg, leaps in the air slightly while holding it and then kicks them in the face making them fall to the side hard on the ground. Can interact with floors with danger zones and leaves the opponent close to you.

:4::h:(Vs. mid punch)- Kasumi grabs her opponent's arm, and then flips them to the side to force them hard on the ground. Interacts with floors and leaves the opponent close to you. The opponent can recover after this hold so be mindful.

°:4::h:(Vs. jumping mid punch)- Kasumi intercepts her opponent's jumping mid punch by performing a cat toss, lying on the ground to toss them over her. Interacts with floors and if back first near a wall, the hold will toss them into the wall behind you for more damage. It's possible for the opponent to quickly recover after this hold.

:6::h:(Vs. mid kick)- Kasumi intercepts her opponent's kick before doing a jumping roundhouse kick to their face to floor them on their side. Interacts with floors and leaves you a decent distance from your opponent but be aware the opponent can recover after this hold.

:6::h:(Vs. jumping mid kick)- Kasumi intercepts her opponent's jumping kick and sends them windmilling to the opposite side of her with an elegant arm raise as they fall to the ground. Interacts with floors and leaves them close to you but they can recover after the hold.

:1::h:(Vs. low punch)- Kasumi intercepts her foe's low jab and sends them face first on the floor by doing an elegant ballerina waltz that changes sides. Interacts with floors but can quickly recover after the hold is performed. Leaves you a decent distance.

:1::h:(Vs. low kick)- Kasumi grabs her foe's low kick before doing a hard overhead axe kick to make them bounce off the floor, leaving them vulnerable to a combo juggle set up of your choosing. The initial kick interacts with floors and the opponent can't recover after this.

°:4::6::h:(Vs. mid kick)- Kasumi intercepts her opponent's kick and sends them soaring with a launching side handstand kick, leaving them vulnerable to a juggle set up. If nothing is done, it'll leave a slight distance between both of you. The opponent can also recover if you choose to not pursue the juggle and it interacts with floors and ceilings. If done in an area with a ceiling, it'll provide the same stun that her 1T and her 236T throw do, allowing guaranteed set ups of your choice.

:6::4::h:(Vs. mid punch)- Kasumi stops her opponent's mid jab and returns the favor with a hard hitting elbow to the stomach that leaves them standing. This grants you +14 critical stun that guarantees anything below 13i, meaning you can use 7K and 8K as launchers for a quick juggle combo, or into a quick juggle bound combo!

P, 6P, 4P, and K can be used for if you want to pursue a stun set up for more damage potential but at the risk of being held since after you connect one of the strikes, your opponent will then be able to hold once they're in a critical stun.

:9::h:(Vs. high punch/kick)- Kasumi enters a defensive stance and teleports behind her opponent. The advantage like her other teleport parries depends on the move your opponent uses so because since you can sometimes be at a disadvantage. This is most useful when used against more vulnerable moves with longer recovery and you can use the frame advantage to go for guaranteed set ups if the recovery gives you about +10 advantage like how her 66T~T works. Use this parry carefully so you won't risk being at a disadvantage that'll get you counter hit.

Be aware that you can not use parries in stun, this can only be done outside of stun.

:3::h:(Vs. mid punch/kick)- Same as above, this just is aimed at mid attacks.

:4::9::h:(Vs. high punch/kick)- Similar to the parries above, this has her teleport while in Hoshinpo, which avoids highs and allows her access to her options from this stance, but be careful since the lengthy start up makes it vulnerable to counter hits and a disadvantage unless the attack parried has a lengthy recovery.

:4::3::h:(Vs. mid punch/kick)- Same as above, this is just aimed at mid attacks.

As a final closing to her holds, be wary that what you can do after her parries depends on the attack that you parried, it's recovery, and how your opponent will react. An example would be if you parry and try to to do a high kick, your opponent can evade it if they do a crouching move if they're not still recovering/performing from an attack. Always be well aware of what your options are and the risks for doing certain moves. This also requires that you only parry when you know what's coming as a parry without thought can lead to more trouble if you're not prepared.

Section 9: Kasumi's basic go to combos

-This section will be a somewhat shorter one but for enthusiasts who want some combos to work with, I'll list some down below! To keep things simple, I'll focus on more simple universal combos that work among the entire cast regardless of weight class which can affect juggle height, and I'll note on whether a certain combo requires a counter hit or works for a specific weight class! I'll use the number notation but I will update this section in the future with button notation for simplicity, and the > symbol will mean to perform the next attack as soon as you finish the first!^.^

I'll start with some easy go to ones so you know what can be done among the whole cast(Tested against Raidou who is the heaviest in the game currently). These combos are relatively simple to do, with the main effort you'll have to muster is for scoring close hit bound enders. These combos are also no timing and as previously stated work among the entire cast:

-KK>3P>66KK>(While opponent is sliding backwards on ground)H+KK ~74 Damage~

-H+K>3PK>(While backturned)4K>(While opponent is sliding backwards)3P+KP ~71 Damage~

-4H+K(Fatal Sit Down Stun)>33K>7K·P(BOUND)>(Dash closer for closer hit property)236P ~63 Damage~

-214P>PP6PK ~41 Damage~

-9PK~6(During opponent sliding back)9PK·P(BOUND)>(Dash closer for close hit)236P ~52 Damage~

-236T>(While opponent launched)33P>H+K·P(BOUND)>(Dash closer for close hit)236P ~67 Damage~

-(Vs. mid kick)46H>(Side change)214P>KK7K·P(BOUND)>(Dash closer for close hit)236P ~66 Damage~

-(Vs. mid punch)64H>7K~69PK·P(BOUND)>(Dash closer for close hit)236P ~66 Damage~

-(Vs. low kick)1H>(During launch)KK7K~69PK·P(BOUND)>(Dash closer for close hit)236P ~61 Damage)

-(When opponent is backturned)66P(Back stuns)KK7K~6>(Quickly while opponent is still airborne)KK7K·P(BOUND)>(Dash closer for close hit)236P ~86 Damage~

-(Against crouching opponent)1T>(While opponent is launched)KK7K~69PK·P(BOUND)>(Dash closer for close hit)236P ~64 Damage)

-(When your back is near a wall in certain stages)7P>(While backturned when opponent is in crumple fall stun)H+K·P(BOUND)>(Dash closer for close hit property)236P ~80 Damage~

-(Counter hit)33P>KK7P·P>(Dash close for close hit)236 ~69 Damage~

-(Counter hit)8K>PPKK7K·P+K ~58 Damage~

-(Counter hit)33K>SSSS ~65 Damage~

-(Counter hit)214P>PKK7K·P+K ~57 Damage~

-(Counter hit while backturned) 4P>PP7K·P+K ~76 Damage~

-Those are some basic go to combos that'll help you get started with Kasumi, combo creativity is still a thing in DOA6 so you can always get creative! Be aware that combo damage scaling is pretty heavy in DOA6 with longer combos so always focus on more straight to the point ones as these can often times do more damage than a more flashy one! :-D

I also made a short combo video as well in case you would like a few more basic combo ideas:

Section 10: Understanding Kasumi's Offensive Pressure

-For this section, since Kasumi's unsafety may seem like somewhat of a scary thing to digest at first glance, I wanted to make a section that sort of sheds light on what Kasumi can use to keep the pressure up in situations where you can move first from either advantage, or even from forced wake ups via you making your opponent get back up in the fray off the ground. The moves listed down below have already been covered in the full move break down but I'll further elaborate on their pressure uses:

:kasumi:~I see that….: Remember to keep one thing in mind: Kasumi is NOT a pure rushdown or defensive pressure character! She's an offensive pressure character who must have openings and advantage to get her counter hits and offense going, as such any amount of advantage works in her favor. Because of this, do not think that her guard breaks like 7P are the only way to open up opponents and get advantage, as Kasumi needs a successful hit to get her offense going. As long as she has significant advantage, Kasumi will do well as long as you keep in mind what she's able to use when given a set amount of advantage.

°6K- This attack I feel is one of Kasumi's best when you're given at least +5 or more frame advantage. This attack gives you +9 on any level hit making you once again at an advantage to keep momentum and pressure, and slower attacks that are 18i to 21i will be 9i to 12i frame attacks in that instance, making it absolute suicide for an opponent to strike unless they know they can crush you or use an attack or hold that can reverse the pressure. Since 6K is virtually a 9i attack in situations where you're at +6 advantage(or even more making it impossible for opponents to beat your attack out unless they somehow have an attack to crush it which is unlikely), it's a useful go to to use instead of her mid punch or high punch strikes which are predictable and can easily be held. Furthermore, 6K tracks and has follow ups...both CAN be ducked but your opponent will have to respect whether you're gonna finish the string, free cancel into a throw attempt, or even go for another attack which is even more dangerous since you're given +9 on hit(+11 at max range which is even more great!), and if your opponent tries to defend, they'll eat a counter hit.

The attack is also a tracking mid kick meaning the opponent can't simply hope to sidestep it, so the only thing you'll need to worry about is mid parries, mid kick holds, or even expert mid kick holds which can all shut it down. Other than that, this is a solid go to for gaining momentum on normal hit and a way to mix up from advantage.

°1K- Another attack I feel is great for pressure: It tracks, is relatively swift for a low being 20i, and of course it's a low so you're opponent likely won't expect it unless they know you're going for it. You're given +6 on hit so any attack that is 15i or slower is virtually a 9i attack and WILL beat out your opponent's strikes, unless they use a jumping attack to avoid the low to crush it. You will also lose to quicker Offensive holds unless you have at least +5 frame advantage. Although this attack can't be used to really combo into anything unless the opponent unwisely holds, this is a nifty cheap way to get quick damage and get momentum back in your favor especially against defensive opponents and those who like to tech up too quickly. Also tracks so there's no avoiding besides Marie Rose who may give you some annoyance with her special Minuet sidestep move that not only has a follow up, but it also avoids lows as well. Although this is to be used mindfully since its also unsafe as mentioned in her move break down, this is another good way to get the pressure on.

°2K low attack from 6P2K, 4P2K, etc.- These are in string lows and have various speeds but if you're opponent playing it safe from a distance and you need a way to move safely, or if you're opponent is defending too much, using the vaulting low from the strings that include it is another easy way to get an advantage. You'll get +11 on normal hit up close and from tip range(at tip range the damage is halved) and on counter hit you'll gain +13, making attacks that are 20i to 23i virtually 9i to 12i in that instant on normal hit! Because of the advantage at tip range, this makes attacks that are normally slower like her 66P and H+K good go tos to move in. Your also considered crouching so you can use this to evade lows, and the lows also track! Once again however, this move is vulnerable to jumping attacks that avoid lows and can also be crouch blocked, held, or even low offensive held on good read so use these mindfully.

Although the range is smaller and the advantage is smaller, Kasumi's other in string lows like K2K and P+KK can also be used as quick ways to score +5 to +6 advantage on normal hit, and her slower lows like 6P+K2K can help as well, although the usual +1 or +2 advantage makes it more suited against characters who have 9i strikes to rival Kasumi at close range.

°PP- Although this move string leaves you at -5 on normal hit and counter hit and when blocked, it jails which can be used a variety of ways: Since its 9i with both attacks done as quick as possible, it can be used take advantage of any level of advantage. The move also has follows, two of which are actually good ways to keep the opponent on the defensive: 6K by using PP6K which makes the knee 14i, and PP2K which is a low. Both attacks track and since the PP is a natural combo, this puts your opponent in a situation where they'll have to either guard high or low(crouch will be more dangerous since 6K provides +9 advantage and it has follow ups), anticipate a tick throw situation, or anything of the other less safer string options like PPP which provides a lift stun on crouching opponents and counter hit, and PP6P which causes a backwards crouch reel stun if hitting a guarding foe.

Once again this string is vulnerable to neutral throws and can be sidestepped or low crushed so be wary. Overall this move is a good way to pressure slower characters as they'll have to block or react to the move string or combo you will go for after PP, or you can attempt a throw if you feel they'll continue to block.

°2P- This is more or so a pressure attack against slower characters; Kasumi is placing herself at a slight disadvantage when performing this since on hit, you're left at -1 which makes you a 10i/12i/13i/ punch striker in that next instance, and a 12i/15i/15i kick striker in that instant as well, which is risky to pursue when dealing with characters who are also 9i strikers or characters who possess an 11i mid or an attack of the same frame speed but has damage to out prioritize yours. Against slower characters like Bass, Brad, and especially Nyotengu who is atrociously slow, this attack can be used as a good way to keep them guessing and afraid to strike since any form of retaliation will likely get them blown up by counter hits, which may scare the opponent into defending or even trying to hold or offensive hold you to escape, wherein you can blow them up with a throw. Can be used to reset the neutral as well since using this in stun pushes the opponent back and leaves you at +5, which is especially scary against walls.

°66KK- Another useful but unsafe way to gain some quick advantage, this move covers a good distance and is a good anti rush-in tool to use if your opponent tries to come at you, as well as being a good anti crouch move and a nifty way to avoid lows! The move grants you +10 as previously stated in the move breakdown, and this gives you ample options to work with since attacks that are 20i to 22i are now only 10 to 12 frames in this instance, making scoring counter hits and gaining the dominance much easier! This however is unsafe and can still be held if your opponent is quick enough to try to mid kick hold.

Also useful in stuns as a way to reset the situation in your favor, and if done near the max stun threshold, it'll knock your opponent back, and make them slide back for a combo opportunity if done less close to a critical reversal. Can however be free stepped and can be sidestepped so keep this in mind.

°K(3K), PK(3K), etc.- Another useful way to go for advantage over stun set ups, this mid kick tracks and is a good move against opponents who like to crouch. If done on counter hit or normal hit against a crouch, you'll score +10 to +11 advantage shifting the momentum in your favor. The only Achilles heel is how you're actually left at -4 on normal hit otherwise making this more suited for stun or crouches only. This move as mentioned before is also unsafe, but if done at max range, it is distance safe.

°66PP- Another useful, although 50/50 way to gain some advantage. The high spinning thrust attack tracks and will always put your opponent in a blind stun that nets you +8 advantage and +9 to +10 at max range! You also have the ability to go into Hoshinpo or her other various teleport cancel attacks as well which the opponent must be wary of, and if you cancel into Hoshinpo and choose not to do anything from the teleport cancels, you'll still have the advantage and have about +3 advantage so that way you can use attacks that are as slow at 12i to continue for poking and counter hits. Same for if you don't cancel into Hoshinpo, the gained +8-9 advantage will make attacks that are as slow as 17i virtually 9i strikes in that instant!

The only real weakness is that this can be crouched and low held out of easily so try to not make it a habit to always use this, although her mid kick mix up may deter opponents from panic holding, and the move itself has a nice delay ability.

°2K(While back turned)- Another useful way to get some pressure and advantage, this attack gives you +13 at max range up close, meaning you'll be able to get a 6P into a stun set up which the opponent must be wary of. If done at tip range you'll get +11 but still this is enough to have enough pressure for your next strike! If done up close which is best, it can be used as a way to "frame trap" the opponent if they're not opening up or faltering into panic holding, this is especially useful from stuns like 4K or 3PK where even though you can't exactly continue the stun, it sort of resets the neutral in your favor, virtually turning moves as slow as 22i(4+K being an example) into virtual 9i strikes in that instant, and that's not even counting faster attacks that fall below 22i frames as well!

Since you'll be at an advantage up close and if you still wanna pressure the opponent who's guarding, you can use 6K which will be virtually 2i in this instant, or 1K against high guards since it will be 7i in that situation, plus both attacks will track which shuts down side steps(besides maybe Marie Rose's special Minuet stance which also avoids lows so you'll have to be careful). P+K(virtually 1i in this instant) is also another possible move to use since it tracks and scores a lift stun on counter hit, and it'll counter hit side steps, and H+K is also useful since it'll be virtually 4i in this instant and will stun on hit and will cause the special reel back stun on counter hit and sidestep attempts!(Christie's special Jakeiho sidestep stance however can avoid this since it avoids high attacks as well as non tracking moves).

At tip range with the +11, you'll be able to use 66K as a general way to move in since its virtually 5i at this instant and can cause a stun on hit but can be sidestepped. 4H+K is also another useful follow up to go for since it's 11i in this instant and can score a fatal stun. Her other attacks like 3K, 66P, H+K, and other attacks can also be used but they're best when going against opponents trying to move in or attack with a ranged attack. To summarize this, at both ranges the move can be a great way to entrap the opponent, but take heed as the move is unsafe(especially at tip range as mentioned in her move break down), and the attack is a low so opponents can crush it via jump attacks. Also the move knocks down up close on counter hit.

°4K- Another useful attack as it's one of her somewhat slower ones that stuns on hit. This is a 16i high kick as previously stated that leaves her back turned. Although unsafe and it does leave her back turned, it's useful since stuns on hit, giving you +19 advantage and it has both a tracking mid punch launcher, and a mid kick ground slam "launcher" with great combo potential, and on top of that this is safe at -5 meaning only neutral throws can punish it. You can also quickly turn around during the stun to free cancel back to neutral, which leaves you at +8; you won't be able to continue a combo but you can further pester your opponent for a counter hit since attacks as slow as 17i to 20i will now be virtually 9 to 12 frames in that instant!

The only major trade off is that once again the kick is a high and can be ducked or stepped, and the tracking launcher follow up is too slow to reliably be able to blow up an opponent's sidestep. It's in string variants like 3PK and PPPK are also useful ways to incorporate it in stun set ups as well but take heed as 4K and the in string high kick will wallsplat on counter hit or in stun, making it not as useful near walls for pressure.

:kasumi:~I see that...: Although it's difficult if you're not properly used to it, if you buffer/hold the guard button as QUICKLY as possible after a successful 4K hit, it's possible to be at +13 frame advantage, adding more mix up pressure to your arsenal! Doing this is tricky however, so if you prefer an easier method, you can simply hold 3(down-forward) or 6(forward) immediately afterwards for the same result, but since it's not as quick as using the block button you be at +8 instead.

°3PP- This is 13i and gives you +19 on counter hit and stun, and it jails as well if not delayed. Although you'll likely feel more secure using a launcher to go for a quick launch, launchers after this can be somewhat predictable since the string and it's PPPP variant have a high ender, making 8K risky to use. Mid kick launchers are also somewhat risky since 33K and 7K may be expected, and her 33P is too slow to use in this stun, but it is possible to use 6P+K or 3P as makeshift launchers although this can be shut down if your opponent is tempted to mid punch hold you. The stun given is a slightly shorter one at +19 so you can use it to further poke at your opponent with various attacks like 1K or 6K to keep the pressure.

7P(Near walls that allow Kasumi to jump backwards unto them)- This is another useful way to apply pressure, although defensively which is uncommon for Kasumi. This is 36i maneuver that allows Kasumi to leap on the wall behind her, and to slice through her opponent using her teleport attack. Although somewhat slow, if it hits the opponent with them facing you, it'll result in you slicing through and putting them in gut grab faint stun that cannot be held out of to escape! Although you are left back turned, you cab quickly use your BTed 4P or H+K to go for a guaranteed combo, or if you feel seasoned enough, you can quickly buffer the guard button to turn around and use other means launch the opponent like using 6K, or pursue a stun set up using 2K for example. If the move is blocked, you're still left at +3, meaning you can still use the pressure to still poke and prod the opponent to open them up. Be wary though since 7P against a wall can be stepped, and it can be punished if whiffed or sidestepped.

This attack is also a good anti crouch move and can do the same stun/counter properties against an opponent who wants to crouch.

Also as a heads up, there are some characters who have ways to stop offensive pressure with defensive tools whom I'll address now:

~ Marie Rose and Leifang both have access to sabakis which can quickly be a nuisance since they shut down all high and mid punch attacks, meaning this will make you have to rely more on other moves in order to avoid being countered by them, as well as them having follow ups from the stance that are safe, and they also have throws from the stance as well.

~Marie Rose herself has her sabaki, as well as being able to cancel into it from set strings. Also has a BTed offensive hold that leaves you BTed and running and low OH, and she has expert holds on offer that reverse attacks for easy combos and that put you in nasty disadvantage situations.

~Leifang is essentially the DOA6 defensive powerhouse; with a sabaki, defensive parries that counter all high and miss on their hit level, attacks with built in sabaki parries, a low sabaki parry, offensive holds aplenty including a chain throw, and expert holds for every hit level type, she's loaded and can be a hassle when trying to open her up with sheer offense.

Section 11: Kasumi's Anti-Sidestep Tools

-As you know, sidestepping has gotten a tremendous buff in DOA6 and can be a hassle to deal with, but as I mentioned in her pros and in the moveset breakdown, she has more than enough ways to shut down sidestepping! This section will highlight a few of her standalone moves that work as anti-sidestep moves when dealing with opponents who like to step frequently. Please note that not all of Kasumi's tracking follow ups will be listed here since not all of Kasumi's tracking moves are really practical or useful against stepping since some are either slow or may be too prolonged in a string.

Kasumi is well versed in tracking, as she generally has alot of tracking moves on offer from all hit levels, however they tend to range as far as safety as some may not stun outright on normal hit or are unsafe on block. She also has good in string tracking from almost all her strings.

Also here's some insight on characters who have special means to evade non tracking strikes or even specific tracking moves that may give you trouble if not aware:

:christie:~Has her Jakeiho special sidestep stance that can avoid non tracking strikes, including even tracking highs due to her snake like duck… Can also be done twice or so in a row making it very evasive. The stance has multiple follow up including highs, mids, and lows, and it has the ability to transition into a back dash. The back dash ALSO has follow ups including a sliding low and a throw that grants +21 advantage, and the dash can also go into a roll that also has follow ups and evades highs, and also has a throw. The stance can also be transitioned into from specific strings likes KK. Also has a 7P that can evade linear high strikes with good timing. The stance can be low throw punished. This special sidestep is the most bothersome against Kasumi since she has no safe ways to check Jakeiho besides risking P6P, P+K or 6K or using 6PK which is safe via distance in open space. It also negates virtually all of Kasumi's tracking highs, rendering even S as useless when used carefully.

:marierose:~Has her Minuet sidestep stance is actually jumping so she can evade all tracking lows. Also has an unsafe close hit follow up and it leaves her back turned. The initial start up can be throw punished so it will suffer counter hit damage. Can also be canceled into from specific strings like 8PP. This special sidestep doesn't hinder Kasumi much since the jump will only negate her 1K, 2H+K, and in string lows.

:hayate:~Has a special sidestep that when performed avoids all non tracking attacks. Also has a mid punch follow up that's unsafe at -9 but will cause a +4 stun on normal hit and a stun of about +19 to +20 on counter hit.

:leifang:~Her 8P can avoid high non tracking attacks when timed right, is also safe and will cause a blind stun on normal hit. Is quite similar to Christie's 7P.

:helena:~Has a special sidestep from Bokuho, her stance that avoids all highs, and all highs and mids(bar true mids, mids that will connect against grounded opponents like 9K and P+K). When performed, she'll perform a slow 28i linear mid punch strike that gives +19 on normal hit. Unsafe at -9 however and can be sidestepped.

:bayman:~Has a rolling special sidestep that has him roll to the side. Avoids all non tracking strikes and also will avoid tracking highs. Also has a 35i offensive hold that will shut down all high and mid standing strikes, but this can be ducked. This roll can also be low throw punished.

:rachel: ~Has a special command sidestep that spins to the side, avoiding all non tracking linear attacks. Also has a launching 43i mid punch follow up and a crouching 38i low sweep kick that grants +13. Both track meaning you're gonna have to guess unless you have meter to shut down both strike options.

°S- This is probably Kasumi's best anti side step move in the game! It's an 18i tracking high kick that's unsafe, but when used in stun or normal hit, it causes a fatal stun that can't be escaped unless your opponent uses ½ their break gauge to escape it, perfect for making them waste meter or going for a throw punish. If done against a sidestep, it will cause a guaranteed backturned reel stun that guarantees 66P which will cause a harsh back stun that forces the opponent to fall, unless you pursue a guaranteed combo which is straightforward using KKK7K into Hoshinpo! Always keep this in mind when dealing with frequent steppers, but the attack is weak against Christie's Jakeiho which not only avoids non tracking moves, but also highs and TRACKING HIGHS!

°P+K- Her fastest standalone tracking attack, being only a 14i mid punch. Although it does not stun on normal hit and is unsafe on block and normal hit, it will counter side steps resulting in a +26 stun, as well as having a tracking follow up, safe Hoshinpo ender AND a tracking low that grants advantage on hit.(Refer to the move breakdown and pressure section for more regarding this). One of her safest ways to counter steps in the game, although it being a mid punch adds to its predictability.

°6K- Her second fastest tracking move which is a 15i mid knee. Grants +9 on hit allowing you the opportunity to pressure, and it has follow ups as well, being a safe high that knocks down, and a sweeper knee that while slow, grants advantage and knocks down on counter hit and sidestep attempts mid string, and it tracks unlike her safe ender but is way unsafer. While unsafe on block and it can be strike punished by faster characters if free cancelled, this is a useful way to shut down steppers whilst gaining viable advantage.

°6PK- Another quick way to check side steps: the initial punch doesn't track but the mid kick is 14i and can quickly counter sidestep attempts mod string or when you're attacking. It gives you +18i on counter hit and side step attempts making it a good way to score advantage or pursue a stun set up. Relatively quick so it's difficult to react to as well and it covers a good mid range distance and has a low and mid ender making panic holds risky!

°P6P- Like the above the initial punch doesn't track but since the second hit is basically the standalone P+K in a string, it has the same properties and counter hits sidesteps. Unsafe on normal hit and and block but useful as a deterant, and it has a low and mid ender that both track, as well as a Hoshinpo transition into a safe high ender or throw.

°K3K- The initial high kick doesn't track but the ender ends the attack in a slightly slower but still solid mid kick that tracks and will put you at +10 against side steps. Unsafe at -16 but can deal with both stepping and crouches, and provides a wall splat as well.

°1K- her fastest tracking low at 20i and will knock down sidesteppers due to it's counter properties. Can however be beat by Marie Rose's special Minuet sidestep due to it's jumping properties so take heed… Its knock down is also useful for force tech set ups stemming from 1P or 2P.

°Lows stemming from 4P,3P, 6P, etc.- These lows are all 22i(bar 3P2K which is slower at 26i, but crouches sooner) and not only do they track, but they all will provide +13 advantage on sidestep counter, making them a useful way to keep the opponent up at a major disadvantage! Also crouches as well, but be warned since once again Marie Rose can avoid the lows with a well timed Minuet sidestep jump.

°44P- Slower at 25i, but will beat sidesteps if correctly timed before them, giving you a nasty +44 blind stun opening up your stun combo options, as well as guaranteeing 44PP, 44PK, amd 44P6P! Safe as well and tracks, but can be crouched and can be avoided with Christie's special Jakeiho sidestep.

°3K(K)- The initial 14i kick doesn't track but this has a swift jumping high kick that knocks down on normal hit that tracks! Avoids lows and is useful near walls, but can be evaded with ducks and Christie's special Jakeiho stance.

°H+K- 17i tracking jumping kick with good reach and when done against a sidestep, it'll cause it's counter hit reel back stun that'll guarantee its follow ups besides going into Hoshinpo! Can be ducked however and isn't particularly safe unless you cancel into her Hoshinpo elbow high safe ender.

°66P(K)- The 14i mid kick ender is fast enough to shut down sidesteps when timed correctly and gives a knockdown on normal hit! Unsafe, but it's tracking and agility make it useful to check steppers.

°6H+K- 20i heavy high kick that while slow, causes a nasty reel back stun that guarantees her high and low follow up! Can be ducked, but it's especially useful when you're at an advantage that will make your opponent attempt to panic sidestep.

Section 12: Kasumi's Defensive Tools and When to Use Them

This section will shed light on specific moves mentioned in the move list break down that are best used against when you're at a disadvantage, mainly more lengthy disadvantages where the opponent will be able to strike first. In these situations, while its best to defend and be cautious, that won't always be a good resort since the opponent has the chance of offensive holding you or throwing you for not attacking. Here's some moves that can help alleviate the situation:

°44P- Probably one of the best defensive tools Kasumi possess: it avoids all non tracking moves and causes a normal hit stun and a blind stun as previously mentioned on counter hit, making it adept at avoiding linear single strikes with good timing. The 44P MUST be timed right since if your opponent strikes right after you do the attack with a swift blow you're gonna eat a hit, normal or counter. The move is also vulnerable to offensive holds since it's a lengthy 25i and it can't avoid them due to their tracking, and the move is also weak to fatal rushes since while it IS a strike, it's still counted as a sidestep so you'll be open to a fatal stun that'll put you in a back turned situation where the opponent can follow through with a fall stun attack(a varying attack among characters that will cause a back stun that will result in your opponent falling to the ground) into a guaranteed set up. The move is also a high, so crouching attacks will avoid it although they may not hit you if they don't track, and it will also be beat by attack 2-in1 or higher(attacks that jail on block making it a natural combo, or attacks that will hit multiple times).

The attack is also safe as previously explained and tracks as well.

°214P- One of Kasumi's high crushes: it's a launching high that crouches and jumps over lows during the jump. It's 21i, very evasive and has good reach meaning you can use it avoid highs when at a disadvantage. When left at a disadvantage and when dealing with opponents who like to go for highs or grabs, this is a good way to blow up linear high strings or throw attempts, enabling you to use the launch for a quick combo. As mentioned before in the move breakdown, it is however unsafe and somewhat slow so use this mindfully.

°2P- One of her best go to defensive attacks, if you're being pressured with free cancels, or need some breathing room, this 12i can avoid highs and gives +5 on counter hit, and is safe on block as mentioned before and leaves you at -1 on normal hit, making it useful against slower characters who don't have the neutral frames up close to contest Kasumi's now in that instant 10i high punch, 12i mid, and 13i low punch. Don't abuse this as it can be low crushed and held.

°33P- Somewhat of a riskier but still viable anti high throw and high jab tool, this 20i lift attack avoids highs and will launch on counter hit and give you a deep lift stun on normal hit. Unsafe and leaves you back turned as previously stated but can save you when dealing with slower opponents and linear high attacks.

°2H+K- 28i heavy low sweep, very slow and it's lengthy start up will not save you from swift enough high to mid combos, but this is her fastest standalone low kick on offer that's not tied to a string. Unsafe, but this knocks down on normal hit up close and will cause a stagger stun at a distance, and trip stun from a distance on counter hit. Very risky, but in situations where you want a clean knock down or a way to get some advantage, this move can do the trick.

°7K- Her fastest jumping attack, which is 12i flipping mid kick. VERY unsafe at -30 and will leave you wide open if whiffed, but this will result in a launch that will allow a Hoshinpo transition into a potential combo when you use it at the right time. Avoids lows which can help dodge pesky lows that leave you at a disadvantage. This is a very short ranged move so you must be in the opponent's face for it to hit, making it more suited when near walls or close to your opponent.

°1P- 16i low jab, leaves you at a disadvantage on normal hit as mentioned before, but avoids lows and grants +12 on counter hit, allowing you a quick combo opportunity or you can use the pressure instead to build your own neutral pressure! Somewhat slower so only use this when dealing with potential throw attempts or high jabs or kicks. Also has a high lift stun jab that results in a deep lift stun on normal hit and the string when delayed can avoid various attacks as well when used carefully.

Section 13: Kasumi's Ranged Tools From a Distance

-The last major thing I'll cover for now regarding Kasumi is her mid to far range tools! Although you should be in your opponent's face whenever safe and possible, sometimes Kasumi will be forced to have to play the spacing game and will have to make careful choices when looking to move in and strike. Here's a brief rundown on some of her best tools to use when at a distance to move in:

-For ease of range visualization, I'll use a ☆ symbol to give a indicator of the range of the move after the description. 5 star symbols is the max. If the move has a slight edge of the star symbol estimate, a ~ will be used to indicate this!

°66K- 16i leaping jump mid kick. Has one of her longest reaches in her move set and provides a good stun on hit. Linear and can be stepped but has both a safe delayed string ender at -3, a mid punch follow up that knocks down on normal hit and can go into Hoshinpo(although only her dash cancel can be used, it can't be chained into her teleport button options like the safe kick ender or the swatting mid punch.), and can be used as a pressure move when mashed as a no delay kick follow up goes into a 12i follow up leap kick that grants +10 advantage. The only real weakness is that lack of tracking follow ups. ☆☆☆☆

°66P- Her running mid punch elbow attack that stuns on hit. Shorter reach than 66K but not too much, and leads into either a high spinning punch that tracks and GBs(semi safe at -7 as mentioned before) and causes a +8 blind stun that can be canceled into Hoshinpo for roughly the same amount of advantage that 1P gives on counter hit, as well as having access to her other teleport cancel moves. Her other string ender is an unsafe tracking 14i mid kick that knocks down on normal hit and can shut down sidesteps. ☆☆☆☆

°H+K- 17i jumping high kick that covers roughly the same reach as 66P, useful for avoiding lows and tracks. Causes a stun on hit, and will cause a reel back stun on counter hit that guarantees her mid kick and tracking low sweep follow up! Only major weaknesses is that it can be ducked and is subject to jumping hi counter damage and is unsafe. Can also cancel into Hoshinpo as well via forward input dash. ☆☆☆☆

°66H+K- Jumping 30i low sweep kick that knocks down up close and covers a great distance. Unsafe, can be free stepped, and can be punished while jumping since the jump does not avoid lows but the attack tracks, and (strangely)avoids high during its duration. Great as a surprise attack on wake up or when moving in to throw off momentum. ☆☆☆☆

°3P+K~P- As mentioned before this 26i(total frames) attack has good reach from Hoshinpo and the moves that allow a cancel, and it knocks down on normal hit and is safe at -6. Also has close hit properties and can crush highs when timed right, making it a useful way to move in. Does not track and is a high so it can be ducked, but the mid launch kick from Hoshinpo may deter ducks and the tracking high throw may discourage side steps. ☆☆☆☆~

°2H+K- Sweeping 28i low. Slow, but has good mid range reach and knocks down up close and grants small advantage from tip range. Avoids highs and tracks but is rather unsafe. ☆☆☆~

°6P+K- Her 15i mid upwards slash punch, out of all of her counter hit lift stun mids, this is amongst the more useful since compared to 3P, it has better reach and it's follow ups can deter a sidestep or a crouch attempt. Unsafe but it's two enders can be delayed and puts the foe in a guessing situation where the wrong choice can leave them at your mercy. ☆☆☆

°6P+K(2K)- The low has surprising reach and can be hard to punish at tip range if spaced right despite being unsafe. Tracks and grants +1 to +2 on normal hit and knocks down regardless of range on counter hit. Avoid whiffing as the recovery is quite lengthy. ☆☆☆☆

°Lows from 3P, 6P, 4P, etc.- All these lows have deceptive reach, useful for scoring +11 at both max and close range, allowing you an easier time to approach or retreat. When done on counter hit, you're provided +13, and the attack is ideal for avoiding highs when moving in and the max range hit on block can be tough to punish if spaced right. Unsafe however. ☆☆☆☆

°3K- Probably her best spacing mid kick. Has good mid reach and is distant safe in open space, and provides +4 on normal hit and causes a stun on counter hit that can be pursued as mentioned before. Does not track however but it does have a jumping tracking high kick that can punish side steps, and the follow up may make the opponent attempt a crouch in anticipation. ☆☆☆

°4P- Her go to mid punch when looking for a counter poke, it's 12i and has slightly shorter reach than 3K but is useful at mid close range as a good interrupt. Doesn't track and is unsafe but provides a decent +20 stun on counter hit, and has a launching mid kick that avoids lows, and a high lift stun for deep stun that may crush highs and mids if delayed precisely, and a tracking low as mentioned before that gives +11 to +13 depending on normal or counter hit. Can be predictable however as it is still an initial mid punch. ☆☆~

°6P(K)- While the 11i elbow has poor range, the mid kick has good reach and tracks, making it useful for stuns from afar. You're at -1 on normal hit, but counters cause a +18 spinning stun! Has both a low and mid follow up that track, which means you're opponent will have to be wary of the follow ups or a free cancel. Is also distance safe in open space but avoid using this when near walls. ☆☆☆☆

°2K- 14i standing low kick. Has slightly better reach than 3K but does not stun on hit, and is unsafe on block and normal hit. Causes a +18 stagger type stun, allowing for slower attacks to connect from a Distance. Also has a high follow up that will lift stun on normal hit and launches on counter hit, which may bait a crouch or a sidestep since the follow up does not track. Also useful as a quick low when you need to ko opponents who are quick to high guard on wake up. ☆☆☆

°9K- Another useful mid kick, 18i and avoids lows and has good reach. Unsafe but knocks down on normal hit and will cause a bounce on counter hit, guaranteeing her high elbow follow up for a knock back hit. The elbow follow up is also safe and covers a good distance, and the twin mid kick follow up also knocks down but is unsafe and is slower, making it vulnerable to high jab interrupts. Both follow ups do not track, making it useful as a sidestep bait when free cancelled, but take heed as its a risky free cancel. ☆☆☆☆

°4H+K- Her 22i sit down fatal stun. Has good reach but is somewhat slow and unsafe on block at both range and up close. However it's useful as a surprise attack and is also useful for punishing whiffs, guaranteeing all mids and lows, as well as launchers on hit unless the opponent has ½ a bar of break meter to escape it if they are willing to risk it. Doesn't track. ☆☆☆☆

°6H+K- Kasumi's heavy 20i high kick. Tracks, has good mid reach and on hit will guarantee both her tracking high and tracking low follow up due to the lengthy reel back stun that allows a lot of possible follow ups, especially near walls so the reel back won't limit you to mid range attacks. Unsafe however and it's a high meaning all of its options can be ducked as well. ☆☆☆~

°9PP- As mentioned before this is her safe mid punch guard break that knocks down on hit. Is somewhat slow and can be free stepped and sidestepped, but is useful for establishing a safe way to jump in when moving in. The jump may also bait a duck or crouch since the other two follow ups are highs. Can also be used from Hoshinpo and strings that allow a Hoshinpo cancel to further "extend" its reach at risk of a longer start up. Jump avoids lows. ☆☆☆☆

°9PK- Pretty similar to the above, except this is a high and knocks back into a slide and gives an unsafe guard break that can't be virtually punished in open space. Does not track, but can be cancelled into Hoshinpo or her teleport cancels on block or hit. Can have it's reached "extended" like 9PP, but be wary as it can be ducked. Slightly worse reach than 9PP, but jump avoids lows. ☆☆☆~

°9PT- Her 5i throw option, covers a decent range and gives combo throw options as mentioned in the throw section. Tracks but can be free stepped if timed right and ducked. Useful against guarding foes. ☆☆☆

°8T- Similar to the above, except a standalone throw move as mentioned before in the throw section. Can catch opponents off guard and tracks, but is vulnerable to ducks and free steps, and it's recovery is punishable. Avoids lows. ☆☆☆~

8P- Her 20i jumping mid punch that avoids lows. Safe on block at -4 and covers a good distance. Does not track can be whiff punished but it's definitely one of her safer mid range attacks for moving in. Stuns on normal hit. ☆☆☆~

- This now concludes her range attack section!(For now xD) Now let's move onward...

Section 14: Kasumi's Stun Starters

-This section is one I was working on in my absence. This section will highlight Kasumi's main critical stun starters, or attacks that are good and suited for scoring a critical stun that immediately places you in a situation where you can begin to either take advantage of the foe being stunned or gain advantage, either on normal hit, or counter hit! Kasumi is a more aggressive, counter focused fighter so her stuns in general are more suited for scoring counters or making use of openings, meaning she's well balanced in her different tools for different stun types but a majority of them are in string and demand a counter.

Do note, this section focuses on moves that naturally stun or that have a stun that is suited for counter hit, not moves that lead to a launch on counter hit. Here's a quick symbol reference:

☆Moves that stun on normal hit I consider true stun starters. These for Kasumi tend to be either slow but safe with evasive properties, or unsafe but have either safe or unsafe enders to watch for, or may cause guaranteed follow ups if executed on counter hit. Kasumi is fortunate to be well rounded in this area, but these attacks are recommended more for use when you have the optimal advantage to cushion the unsafety for when you're in a situation that leaves you plus.

○Moves that cause a minor stun or stun on hit that causes a deeper one on counter hit and or only allow their follow up to connect into a combo or stun on normal hit. These for Kasumi tend to be safe, distance safe in open space, or may have a safe ender. Like her normal hit stun starters, Kasumi is well rounded in moves like this, but more in this category since her play style is more suited for counter hits rather than relying solely on standalone moves to get a stun started.

●Moves that only stun on counter hit but can't on normal hit, making them more suited for use as counter pokes or in situations where you can quickly interrupt your foe. These for Kasumi tend to be very fast but unsafe, but may have safe enders to compensate or some sort of other follow up like a low or even a launcher that can launch foes. Kasumi is varied in this area as well too, having enough ways to easily interrupt her foes with ease with her mainly focusing on speed rather than power for these jabs. Her slower ones are more suited for reach or when sidestep is a risk to Kasumi's stun starting set ups.

Let's begin:

☆4K- One of her quickest stun starters at 16i. Causes a +19 stun but is a high, and can be stepped but has two enders that can lead to a launch and the bound launch kick ender is safe on block at -5. Leaves you back turned, more of mid range stun score but one of her easiest ways to get a stun going. Can be used to mix into her backturned kit and can also be continued into a stun with her back facing P or K which both can be continued into their forward facing string variants, although her backturned K lacks a few of the forward mix ups like K2K. Wallsplats.

☆66P- Probably one of Kasumi's easiest ways to score a stun of +19, it's a 16i mid punch shoulder dash. Being a mid and not tracking, it's somewhat linear but has two tracking enders, a high twirling slash that can lead into a semi safe GB that can lead into Hoshinpo and teleport options on hit or block, and the other is a mid kick that automatically knocks back, and both can be delayed nicely. Generally one of Kasumi's go to ways when at about mid far range due to its good reach but easy to hold and can be somewhat risky to commit to. Can soft wall splat, being her easiest way to cause this type of wall splat by itself.

☆66K- Her 16i jumping mid kick, similar to 66P with a +19 stun but a jumping mid kick with somewhat better reach. Has an unsafe ender that gains easy advantage and a safe ender that can only be used on block or hit, as well as a similar mid punch ender that can transition to Hoshinpo on hit, but this is also unsafe. Safer than 66P as far as options but linear overall and can be stepped. Also vulnerable to jumping mod kick holds, which can result in harsher damage or even environmental damage against certain characters..

☆H+K- 17i stun starter, Can crush lows due to the jump and is also good in range and tracks, causes a +23 stun on normal hit. Doing it on counter hit leads to a deeper +43 reel back stun that guarantees either her mid kick ender or low ender, but both are unsafe. Can transition to Hoshinpo which allows access to a safe ender or her jump 9P stance. Unsafe but useful against foes prone to stepping and can be nicely implemented when playing footsies with your opponent or when both are pacing back and forth looking for the right moment to strike. Can be used in a similar manner with her PPK string variants.

☆8P- Her 20i mid jump punch stun starter, slower but has mid reach and crushes lows and is consistent as well as safe causing a +19 stun. Can be stepped but is relatively lower risk and is her safest mid stun. Lacks power compared to other stun starters and besides that and it's low crushing, it's relatively limited in terms of use, with counter hits or crushes providing no real increased benefits besides somewhat better but unremarkable damage. Also vulnerable to jumping mid punch holds that can leave you vulnerable to higher hold damage against characters with harsher holds for this hit type

☆6H+K- Her 20i heavy high kick stun starter, causes a +40 reel back stun that is lengthy and tracks, as well as having mid reach. Both follow up enders it has track but both are unsafe, but both are guaranteed on hit as a trade off. Vulnerable to high crushes and is unsafe, and despite seeming to have a jump, it has no crush properties. This is like 8P essentially as it has a consistent stun and benefits, with increased damage however that far surpasses her 8P. Also leads to a wall splat on hit.

☆☆4H+K- Her 22i Fatal stun Mid kick, always leads to a fatal stun that requires meter to escape or they'll lead to guaranteed launcher or stun damage. Unsafe at -13 and is able to be stepped but this can be used easily in stuns against unsuspecting foes for not mind their mid kicks.

☆44P- Her 25i high jab stun starter, tracks and is safe and causes a +34 stun on normal hit but is quite slow for a stun starter making it risky, as well as easy to crush but it can avoid linear attacks if timed right due to its built in sidestep. Safe and can lead to a counter hit +44 blind stun making it nasty, and it has a safe twin jab that can lead to the same strikes as P, and also has a mid punch lift stun but it's a counter hit lift stun or stun suited to blowing up crouches.

☆(Back near a wall)7P- Kasumi's slowest true stun starter at 36i, it always causes a crumple stun that is roughly deep enough to connect anything while backturned, or even that's about 16i when you turn back around to face your opponent's back while they're crumpling to the ground in pain. No tracking and is situational, but has reach and can leave you +3 when guarded.

☆2K Low Ender(From various strings like 3P2K, 4P2K, etc.)- More situational but they can be comboed into with P if the foed is caged near a wall with it's +11 foot stagger stun. Her back turned 2K variant provides +13 adding 6P as another option to continue a stun, deceptive but overall risky.

○K- Her 11i high kick, Her quickest way to get a minor stun started, only causes a standard +9 stun that can connect her enders or string attacks on normal hit but it turns into a +25 critical stun on counter hit. 11i and quick making it useful for situations where you need more speed for counter hit fishing but is a high and doesn't track. It's also unsafe but has both a tracking mid and low to mind but both aren't particularly safe.

○3K- A 14i mid kick counter hit stun starter that does cause a stun on hit too, but it's a minor +4 one that only guarantees her high kick ender in that situation. More useful in situations where you have the advantage, since while unsafe, it has pushback in open space and has good mid reach making it a useful meaty poke when looking to move in. Lacks tracking and is overall dependent on interrupting your foe to get a pure critical stun started of 19i.

○6K- Her 15i stun starter, but a more static type. If it hits you'll be given +11 but only its enders are viable to connect, the high kick ender that's safe and deals good damage or the low knee sweep. If in open space and with the proper range, you can connect P as well but this is pretty strict. Overall a stun starter for if you know the foe will hold and you want to attempt a stun set up but very dependent on your foe's reaction. Tracks but unsafe and has good mid reach.

●6P- Kasumi's counter hit 11i mid elbow stun starter, doesn't stun on normal hit but is swift and very easy to use when up close against someone who's playing aggressive. Lethal since it also can cause a similar stun when used against foes who are crouching or trying to attempt a crush. Unsafe but has a safe high ender, a tracking mid kick ender that's distance safe and also a low, as well as a true mid flipping kick that crushes lows making it scary to attempt to out poke. Short range making it only useful when in your foe's face. Generally her best stun starter when dealing with foes prone to crouching.

●4P- similar to the above 6P, just slower at 12i, if you want a poke that's about the same speed but has mid close reach but also lacks tracking, this is the move for you since it beats 6P in terms of reach. Has a tracking low, high lift stun jab and a quick mid kick launcher to respect. Like 6P, it can easily cause a similar stun to foes who like to crouch, making it also useful in that scenario.

●3P- Her 13i lifting jab, a lift stun that causes a nasty +30 on counter hit, but is unsafe on normal hit making it risky and does not track. If done on counter hit or in stun, it's P follow-up from its 3PP string will be guaranteed, and this is also the case on normal hit since 3PP jails, and it has a safe high elbow ender from this too. Has a low as well as it's 3P2K that tracks. Unsafer than 6P and 4P but can lead to a deeper stun if you're willing to take the extra risk.

●P+K- Her 14i upwards striking tracking jab swipe, unsafe on normal hit and block but will nail sidesteps, counters, and crouches for an easy +26 lift stun. Has a twin tracking downwards swipe strike that can also cause a stun on counter hit and crouches but like the initial strike, it does nothing on hit besides a brief crouch reaction that leaves you plus. The attack has that and a low tracking mid as an ender to watch for and can also transition to Hoshinpo. Most useful against characters who are fond of stepping, especially if they have a stance that can evade high tracking moves as well. Also is a string variant from P as P6P and similar string variants that can be used in a similar manner. Compared to her faster mid options for counters, this is more for use against foes as an additional measure to bandage the risk of a sidestep.

●6P+K- Her 15i attack that's similar to P+K and 3P, but does not track and focuses more on reach. Causes a similar lift stun to 3P and has a mid lift stun flip kick with a similar lift stun but on all level of hits acting as a crouch scare, or a tracking low that has reach. Useful against crouches as well and is overall a useful lift stun when somewhat out of reach that a 3P or P+K would whiff.

●2K- Her 14i low kick, stuns but is a counter hit only stun that grants her +19, risky since it can be throw punished but has an ender to respect, although it's a non tracking high kick that can launch on counter hit. Useful since it has reach and is also a low meaning you can use it at about mid range against foes quick to try to attack you from outside close range, making it an unsafe poke on normal hit that can potentially avoid a throw situation when using it at it's max range.

●1P- Her 16i low thrust low, lacks tracking, is unsafe on normal hit and block, but causes a +14 stagger stun on counter hit, allowing anything under 13i to connect. Essentially a riskier 2K that's slower but can crush lows and has a high lift stun ender that naturally stuns on hit but it's unsafe.

-That should cover all of Kasumi's staple stun starters for the time being! Now let us continue to the finale…

Section 15: Final remarks, thanks, and future expansion

-It's hard to bid a farewell but if you have read up to this point, you have finished the guide and hopefully you have a much better in depth understanding of Kasumi as well with this to help you. I want to thank you as the reader for reading as well as a few other people:

:kasumi:~ @panicitstylor and @RenderingStar for always helping me learn over the years and encouraging me and motivating me to better myself with Kasumi. They're the main reasons why I'm as passionate about Kasumi as I am nowadays.

:ayane:~ @Nuke-Nin for being a great friend and always motivating me to look deeper into things. He's also always around and open and we always aren't afraid to discuss DOA6 and personal findings from any games we both play xD

And that's about it, for now anyway! Since moves and such are always changing in updates, I'll be sure to update this guide as frequent as I can and even in its completion, I'll still be touching up sections and updating things with further detail. I hope this guide will be a good catalyst for anyone new to dip their feet into Kasumi and will motivate them to use her as they get familiar with her.

As Kasumi would say, farewell and I hope this guide has helped you!~

Fotor_155919567539366.jpg

Last edited:

KING JAIMY

Very clean breakdown of Kasumi! I skimmed through all of the guide and love the details. I will definitely be using this guide whenever I'm planning to learn her properly.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Very clean breakdown of Kasumi! I skimmed through all of the guide and love the details. I will definitely be using this guide whenever I'm planning to learn her properly.
Thank you!^.^ I'll touch up a few parts more since I feel there's more that can be looked into but I do hope it'll help whoever wants to look into using her. Even during the whole process of making it I realized there was alot more to her than I thought initially xD

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
your guide is epic, still salty they got rid of some of her moves from 5 lol
Thank you, it took some time but I'm glad now I can say it's complete since I made sure to relearn how I played her since in LR I was scared to play aggressive because of how unsafe she was on paper xD in 6 I like her since she feels alot less limited with certain strings like her 66P

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Nice job, KL - keep up the good work!
Thank you, anything for my fave doa girl! I'll update Mai and Kula's guides later and may add some other sections like safe pokes/moves but I have to see if I want to expand or make it into a separate thread guide so the guides aren't too lengthy but they're sectioned so that could help

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD