Starting to train with Sarah, what do I need¿

TRI Mike

I've just picked Sarah up and to be honest, I'm quite lost. I don't know how to start my offensive with her or with moves are important. These VF characters feel right at home in DOA when you look at them fight, but when PLAYING as them, the difference between games is very clear. Unlike with Pai, I never played Sarah in VF5FS so I'm clueless.

What are her most important moves¿ fast ones, safe ones, moves that transition to Flamingo and that take me OUT of Flamingo. Also, any good media to watch beside the combo thread¿

Lulu

BUMP
Having the same problem here, actually I'm not bothered by how to use Sarah, that part I can figure out on my own, I'm struggling with Executing her moves and finding out what their properties are.

Its been a year, hope you figured it out and if so, got any tips for a Sarah Newbie ?

KING JAIMY

BUMP
Having the same problem here, actually I'm not bothered by how to use Sarah, that part I can figure out on my own, I'm struggling with Executing her moves and finding out what their properties are.

Its been a year, hope you figured it out and if so, got any tips for a Sarah Newbie ?
I can play Sarah to some extent. Which moves are giving you trouble in particular with regard to execution?

Lulu

I can play Sarah to some extent. Which moves are giving you trouble in particular with regard to execution?

Its not actually a move.... its her combo challenge.... I've done all of them except the bounding one that you need to chase after with 33H+K K H.

Theres another move that bothers me 66K, fantastic move great reach and power...... infact theres nothing wrong with the actual move itself, its the input thats messed up, I'm trying to maintain optimum spacing with Sarah and thats hard to do if the input for the move causes my character to move....

KING JAIMY

Its not actually a move.... its her combo challenge.... I've done all of them except the bounding one that you need to chase after with 33H+K K H.

Theres another move that bothers me 66K, fantastic move great reach and power...... infact theres nothing wrong with the actual move itself, its the input thats messed up, I'm trying to maintain optimum spacing with Sarah and thats hard to do if the input for the move causes my character to move....
Try doing a crouch dash first and then do 33H+KKH. So your input would be something like: 3333H+KKH. That usually works for me.

As for 66K, you have to be pretty quick to perform the move without your character moving. It's pretty difficult, imo. But you can take this fact into account; my tip would be that you space a little bit more than needed. That way you'll still be at your most effective range while taking your movement into account.

Lulu

Try doing a crouch dash first and then do 33H+KKH. So your input would be something like: 3333H+KKH. That usually works for me.

As for 66K, you have to be pretty quick to perform the move without your character moving. It's pretty difficult, imo. But you can take this fact into account; my tip would be that you space a little bit more than needed. That way you'll still be at your most effective range while taking your movement into account.

I tried that.... normal dashing is faster..... not once have I ever connected that move with crouch dashing.

Performing 66 Anything faster just results in the move not coming out..... if it was a jump in move like her 9H+K then a 66 Input would make sense since you were going in anyway. And as I've mentioned many times before... all execution with VF characters is easier in VF than it is in DoA..... don't know if TN did that on purpose but its definitely a problem. But then again VF is one of those games designed for the 10% of its total fan base can actually execute those moves..... with Fight Sticks.

KING JAIMY

I tried that.... normal dashing is faster..... not once have I ever connected that move with crouch dashing.

Performing 66 Anything faster just results in the move not coming out..... if it was a jump in move like her 9H+K then a 66 Input would make sense since you were going in anyway. And as I've mentioned many times before... all execution with VF characters is easier in VF than it is in DoA..... don't know if TN did that on purpose but its definitely a problem. But then again VF is one of those games designed for the 10% of its total fan base can actually execute those moves..... with Fight Sticks.
For me it's the reverse, actually. I can play VF characters more effectively in DOA than VF. For example, I struggle with Jacky's Flash Sword Kick in VF, but not in DOA. It just depends what game you're used to, I guess.

On the subject of Sarah's Combo Challenge, have you tried running (:6::6_:), instead of dashing (:6::6:)?

Lulu

For me it's the reverse, actually. I can play VF characters more effectively in DOA than VF. For example, I struggle with Jacky's Flash Sword Kick in VF, but not in DOA. It just depends what game you're used to, I guess.

On the subject of Sarah's Combo Challenge, have you tried running (:6::6_:), instead of dashing (:6::6:)?

Theres no time for that they fall to the ground long before that.... and even if it does connect theres more after that and trying to squeeze in 3 more hits at that launch height is asking for way way too much......

KING JAIMY

Theres no time for that they fall to the ground long before that.... and even if it does connect theres more after that and trying to squeeze in 3 more hits at that launch height is asking for way way too much......
In case you haven't seen already, this video might provide some visual help:

(The combo you are asking help for is shown at 2:04 in the video)

Lulu

In case you haven't seen already, this video might provide some visual help:

(The combo you are asking help for is shown at 2:04 in the video)

I know what it's suppose to look like when its successful the problem is its just not working.....

Lulu

What's the problem? Do you whiff the P? Or the 3KK? Or does the 3KK end up as a light ground attack?

I'm not connecting 33H+K......
I've tried every street fighter trick I know.... I've tried buffering the dash after bounding the enemy...... I've tried buffering the the 33 H+K into the dash animation. I've tried a mish mash of the two by using :6::3::3: in the hopes that the game would interpret the one in the middle as both part of the dash and part of the attack..... sometimes it connects and most times it doesn't and the input details look like this :6::6::2::3::6::2:..... resulting in 3H+K coming out for some reason...... *gently rubs his temples*

I've even tried changing stances..... I don't if its working because I don't always get the same results.

Last edited:

KING JAIMY

I'm not connecting 33H+K......
I've tried every street fighter trick I know.... I've tried buffering the dash after bounding the enemy...... I've tried buffering the the 33 H+K into the dash animation. I've tried a mish mash of the two by using :6::3::3: in the hopes that the game would interpret the one in the middle as both part of the dash and part of the attack..... sometimes it connects and most times it doesn't and the input details look like this :6::6::2::3::6::2:..... resulting in 3H+K coming out for some reason...... *gently rubs his temples*

I've even tried changing stances..... I don't if its working because I don't always get the same results.
Oh you're talking about a different combo than the one I had in mind. But from what I've seen, buffering the dash should be the way to go. I really can't give any other tips than that.

Lulu

Normally I would blame TN.... but she is a VF Character..... I'l lay this one on both TN and AM2

KING JAIMY

Normally I would blame TN.... but she is a VF Character..... I'l lay this one on both TN and AM2
It was TN who came up with those highly impractical ''Combo Challenges''. A lot of those combos are way too situational or too difficult to perform consistently.

Lulu

It was TN who came up with those highly impractical ''Combo Challenges''. A lot of those combos are way too situational or too difficult to perform consistently.

Or with a standard controller. :(
Thing this I don't view them as challenges, I view them as tutorials on how all that stuff in Command Training is suppose to be put together.....

Lulu

Fan-Bloody-tastic.... Pai Chan has the exact same combo in her Challenge.... I need bound the opponent then chase after them with yet another :3::3: Move.

KING JAIMY

Fan-Bloody-tastic.... Pai Chan has the exact same combo in her Challenge.... I need bound the opponent then chase after them with yet another :3::3: Move.
Do you mean the bounce where you have to finish with :4::6::6::P+K:?

I was once given the tip to think of the input like this:
:4::6::6_::P+K:

It worked like a charm.

EDIT: Or is it a combo involving :3::3::P::K:?

Lulu

Do you mean the bounce where you have to finish with :4::6::6::P+K:?

I was once given the tip to think of the input like this:
:4::6::6_::P+K:

It worked like a charm.

EDIT: Or is it a combo involving :3::3::P::K:?

The second one.... but I can't either one.
The second one is a spacing issue and the first one is an execution issue.......... ultimately its always an exectution issue since they expect me to input 6633PK in less than a second.

KING JAIMY

The second one.... but I can't either one.
The second one is a spacing issue and the first one is an execution issue.......... ultimately its always an exectution issue since they expect me to input 6633PK in less than a second.
Yeah that's what I meant about those combos being highly impractical. You should stick with the information that people give about Sarah / Pai and not worry too much about completing those combo challenges.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD