Starting to train with Sarah, what do I need¿

Lulu

Alright, so here's what I discovered:

1.) About the :8::P: debacle, you can't execute a mid punch hold with her jumping punch. What was interesting is that if I got the timing right, the hold would duck underneath her punch on even ground. Any other timing for that would result in me getting hit for a stun, so we know you can only high punch hold that move. I'm not sure what's causing that to happen, but maybe the hit-box on that punch is a little weird, or it might be that mid holding at perfect times might yield avoiding high attacks. I will test this to find out on other high attacks.
Creepy :eek:..... I've had something similar happen back in my Mila days.... she had a jumping Mid Punch that would miss ducking opponents.

2.) Regarding Sarah's bound move on Kasumi when you said you couldn't get :3::3::H+K::K::h: to hit is still good to go. You can land it, you just have to be quick. Now if you were to bounce Kasumi on the ground and then go for the :4::H+K: bound move and follow up with :3::3::H+K::K::h:, it requires distance and timing. You can get that every single time after a CB, but if you want to try it under regular stun or critical stun, you have to move closer to Kasumi in order to get the :3::3::H+K::K::h: to hit. I just tested this, and it worked. An example of what I did was:

:8::K::h::6::H+K::6::H+K::6::6::5::4::H+K::3::3::H+K::K::h:

Kasumi wasn't even in critical stun when that happened, and I got it to land. This applies the same if you did just this:

:8::K::3::P::6::6::5::6::H+K::6::H+K: Crouch Dash :3::3::H+K::K::h:

The key thing is spacing.

I was actually feeling brave so I tried doing that challenge again.... I managed to get it right 3 out of 20 attempts...... believe it ir not I consider that to be progress..... but since you have a better method.... theres no need for me to look back. ;)

3.) As for Sarah's :4::P+K: during Flamingo, I did, in-fact, test this against neutral throws and did not get grabbed. The throw whiffed like when I tested that move the first time. That move is also tricky, because she's not invincible throughout the entire animation. Sometime just before the animation ends, she's capable of being grabbed or hit, not during the animation nor at the start (although you can still get grabbed within the first few frames of initiating the move). She has a pretty good window of animation for the move, but unless your opponent manages to catch you within the first few frames of activation or right as it is about to end, they can't touch you.

I don't think we'l encounter any issues with that move in a real match since both us and our opponents have to confirm that the move has been blocked before they tried to punish. I think that plenty of time to back roll..... but wouldn't it be nice if Sarah could do Momiji's backflip.... its the best one in the game.

Calintzsan

Creepy :eek:..... I've had something similar happen back in my Mila days.... she had a jumping Mid Punch that would miss ducking opponents.

I updated my post about this part. Check it out. It seems to only apply to jumping punches for some reason.

I was actually feeling brave so I tried doing that challenge again.... I managed to get it right 3 out of 20 attempts...... believe it ir not I consider that to be progress..... but since you have a better method.... theres no need for me to look back. ;)

Lol, well as long as you are improving, that's what's important. In time you will be able to do that in your sleep. I'm glad you found my method more useful. xD

I don't think we'l encounter any issues with that move in a real match since both us and our opponents have to confirm that the move has been blocked before they tried to punish. I think that plenty of time to back roll..... but wouldn't it be nice if Sarah could do Momiji's backflip.... its the best one in the game.

Oh so you mean they'll have to register in their minds that they couldn't do anything when the flip is being used before they try to punish it next time? Not sure what you meant exactly there. Hmmm, I'm sure it would be nice, but I'm a-okay with her moonsaults and her backflip. xD

I'd rather be able to avoid running strikes than to flip back farther honestly.

Lulu

Oh so you mean they'll have to register in their minds that they couldn't do anything when the flip is being used before they try to punish it next time? Not sure what you meant exactly there. Hmmm, I'm sure it would be nice, but I'm a-okay with her moonsaults and her backflip. xD

I'd rather be able to avoid running strikes than to flip back farther honestly.

Maybe @Mr. Wah knows why those punches keep missing..... which makes me wonder if the samething would happen if :bass: were to try slipping under a high jumping punch using that method considering he is much larger..... or taller at the very least.

Regarding the Sarah's BackRoll.... it would take a seriously brave individual to try and strike or grab Sarah in her most lethal stance..... so I don't think we have to worry about when she goes invincible and when shes invulnerable.....

Calintzsan

Maybe @Mr. Wah knows why those punches keep missing..... which makes me wonder if the samething would happen if :bass: were to try slipping under a high jumping punch using that method considering he is much larger..... or taller at the very least.

Regarding the Sarah's BackRoll.... it would take a seriously brave individual to try and strike or grab Sarah in her most lethal stance..... so I don't think we have to worry about when she goes invincible and when shes invulnerable.....

I'm actually curious now, I'm going to test Bass to see if that works.

I see what you mean now. You have a strong point, but one of my good friends has actually caught me near the end of the flip animation with a grab, so that's how I know where the vulnerability is, lol. Despite what you may think about her stance, on most occasions when I use a string that normally goes into flamingo, 90% of the time they'll attack right away after blocking those, so that back-flip can really be put to good use. Though that might be because not a lot of people are aware of Sarah's Flamingo strengths. If they were, you are absolutely right about that. ;)

Calintzsan

Nope, looks like Bass gets hit 100% of the time. If the opponent is on a slope higher than Bass, depending on how much, he can duck underneath, but on even ground he cannot.

Lulu

I'm actually curious now, I'm going to test Bass to see if that works.

I see what you mean now. You have a strong point, but one of my good friends has actually caught me near the end of the flip animation with a grab, so that's how I know where the vulnerability is, lol. Despite what you may think about her stance, on most occasions when I use a string that normally goes into flamingo, 90% of the time they'll attack right away after blocking those, so that back-flip can really be put to good use. Though that might be because not a lot of people are aware of Sarah's Flamingo strengths. If they were, you are absolutely right about that. ;)

LoL.... its up to Sarah players to punish them for hitting a button. They gotta learn the Hardway..... its just like back when I was learning this game and I kept trying to attack after Bass Scoops me off the floor..... I always lost those exchanges.....

Lulu

Nope, looks like Bass gets hit 100% of the time. If the opponent is on a slope higher than Bass, depending on how much, he can duck underneath, but on even ground he cannot.

WoW.....:eek:
I thought for sure it would miss..... I assumed everybody's Hurtbox would be the same size during a Hold Animation.

Calintzsan

LoL.... its up to Sarah players to punish them for hitting a button. They gotta learn the Hardway..... its just like back when I was learning this game and I kept trying to attack after Bass Scoops me off the floor..... I always lost those exchanges.....

Yes, I'm still learning to not attack when he does that as well.

Calintzsan

WoW.....:eek:
I thought for sure it would miss..... I assumed everybody's Hurtbox would be the same size during a Hold Animation.

Yeah, this is an interesting discovery, or re-discovery if someone has already figured it out. Reminds me of Alpha's neutral motion of having a lower position when she's moving her head around.

Lulu

Yes, I'm still learning to not attack when he does that as well.

I Always Throw after he scoops me off the floor.... but I'm Back Turned when he does that and I don't have a BT throwing character then I just Crouch.... I'm feeling lucky I'l Crouch Low Kick.

The one I'm struggling now with his that throw with the Head Butt..... those are 50/50 guesses..... its like a Cliff Hanger every time I get caught by it. Sometimes I get out of it with a Low Punch...... but he can beat me out if that too.

Calintzsan

I Always Throw after he scoops me off the floor.... but I'm Back Turned when he does that and I don't have a BT throwing character then I just Crouch.... I'm feeling lucky I'l Crouch Low Kick.

The one I'm struggling now with his that throw with the Head Butt..... those are 50/50 guesses..... its like a Cliff Hanger every time I get caught by it. Sometimes I get out of it with a Low Punch...... but he can beat me out if that too.

Hmmm, yeah that's why it's frustrating to deal with reset throws, lol. I'm glad I don't face many Bass players then, otherwise I'd go crazy. Dx

The only two things I can think of in Sarah's arsenal that are fast enough are the low punch and back-flip kick.

Lulu

Hmmm, yeah that's why it's frustrating to deal with reset throws, lol. I'm glad I don't face many Bass players then, otherwise I'd go crazy. Dx

The only two things I can think of in Sarah's arsenal that are fast enough are the low punch and back-flip kick.

The AI will definitely fall for the last one..... lol I would hate to have that kick blocked by Bass Players..... especially in The Temple of Dragon..... thats Half a Second's worth of Punishment.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD