Strongest Strategy Thread in the World: Leon Strategy/ Best moves

Just wanna know what you guys use to keep the momentum flowing while staying unpredictable, we need more Leon on the scene so lets lead players in the right direction :p

DontForkWitMe

For me these are his best moves in no particular order

-:6::6::P::P:(its a 2in1 natural combo that gives him a deep stun even on NH)

-:426::H+P:(his most damaging non-chain throw and the go-to high/mid hold punish throw)

-:H+P: on airborn opponents(who needs juggles when you can just launch and throw mutha fuckas for the same damage as other characters long fancy combos. its ability to change directions also gives him access to utilize wall/dangerzones at will)

-:P::6::P::P:/:K:/:2::K: and:6::P::P:/:K:/:2::K:(these are his best pressure strings to rushdown opponents he can charge the last :P: and :2::K: string enders as built in string delays and mix it up on hold happy opponents or grant huge frame advantage on blocking opponents)

-:8::P::P::P:(This string has various uses that opponents will fear. on CH :8::P: causes sitdown stun which guarantees his :3::K: crouching sitdown stun into guaranteed :214::P: launcher into air grab on all weight classes. at lvl 2 and 3 stun threshhold :8::P: gives him guaranteed 2nd :P: launcher into 3rd :P: refloat into air grab on all weight classes accept super heavies who have to be juggled with :3::P::P: after the refloat.

-:6::P+K:,:4::6::P:, :2::P+K:, (Im lumping his non-charging frame advantage GBs together since they accomplish the same thing. :6::P+K: and :4::6::P: give him at minimum +3 on block when used close range and +4/5 on block when used mid range. not to mention :6::[[p+k]]: is a true unblockable and can only be high held or high crushed to avoid it. :2::P+K: his probably his best non charging GB since its +5 no matter the distance

-:7::P:(its an i15 mid punch head butt which causes a deep stun on NH and an unshakable stun on CH forcing opponents to guess a hold)

-:8::K:( a fast high boot to the face similar to :7::P: it causes deep stun on NH and unshakable stun on CH forcing hold guesses)

-:2::H+K::K:(This is one of his few low attacks that open up blocking opponents. on NH the full string is guaranteed and opponents have to be fast enough to hold the mid :K: follow up which causes hard knockdown giving him a free ground throw. the best part is the both attacks are chargeable giving him delayable mix ups and plus frame guardbreaks on block)

-:2::K::K:(his double low sweeps that open up blocking opponents, the 2nd :K: knocks opponents off their feet even on NH and like his :2::K: string enders it can be charged for delay mixups and GB for frame advantage. also the :2::K: on CH causes the trip stun that gives him his :3::K: sitdown stun into free :214::P: into air grab setup)

:[[p+k]]:(his CB attack that not only gives him instant access to CB stun when charged on opponents in stun threshold but also gives him a Hit throw that ground bounces into guaranteed air throw followup and as recently revealed in a vid any object that causes unshakeable sitdown stun gives leon a free fully charged :P+K:. the attack also gives him +3 GB on blocking opponents when charged)

-While Rising :K: (his highest normal launcher and works wonders on mid punch hold-happy opponents, it gives guaranteed air throw on NH and on CH lightweights can be juggled into air throw with :6::6::P::P:, mid weights along with helena and genfu with :3::P:, super heavies can only be hit with raw air throw even on CH WR:K:)

-:3::3::P:(A high crushing sitdown stun that gives him :214::P: launcher into air throw on all weight classes)

-:3::P:(his i13 mid p which is his fastest mid and causes deep stun on CH, using two :3::P:'s in a row or at the end of stun threshold causes a launch that guarantees an air throw on all weight classes, not to mention it works next to walls and is his only launcher that doesn't wall splat on CH making it his go-to post CB launch on opponents near walls)

Last edited:

DontForkWitMe

dunno whats going on with the first setup with CH.8p but if you stun them first then do it it connects i actually had no idea it didn't work on raw CH. for the second setup you have to dash in very quickly after launch for the air throw to connect. i also just found out even though the frames state otherwise opponents can still hold 214p launcher during the sitdown stun from 33p for some BS reason even without slow escaping first. so he doesn't get anything guaranteed from 33p sitdown

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor
By the way guys ..
I don't know if this has been mentioned before ...
but ... :8::P::P: is a 2-in-1 as well .... Go crazy ! .. LOL

Also, (Counter):8::P: does NOT guarantee :3::K:
The only things Guaranteed from sit downs I could find are the following:
:3::3::P: > :3::K: (but the opponent is too far by then)
(vs. Crouching Opponent) :3::K: > :2::1::4::P:
That's it ..

Last edited:

XZero264

FSD | Nichol
Premium Donor
The natural combos (2-in-1) I know of are 66PP, 8PP on Normal Hit. 2H+KK is a 2-in-1 on Critical or Higher (you can Hold the K on NH but not too many people know that).

A habit I have to break is 6PK,3K, CB and find something more guaranteed for CBs. Most common combo I use is P6PK (or the 6PPK variant) followed by either 3P or P then CB. From the 3P/P on nothing is guaranteed but you'd be surprised how many get hit by it.
Also need to actively try the 8PPP as a CB launcher to air throw, right now I've been doing 214P or rising K after CB, 3P into throw because I can't seem to get whatever the two hit into air throw is on lightweights.

Edit: You spin me round...

Last edited:

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor
The natural combos (2-in-1) I know of are 66PP, 8PP on Normal Hit. 2H+KK is a 2-in-1 on Critical or Higher (you can Hold the K on NH but not too many people know that).

You can hold it ANY TIME ..
its not a natural combo ..
Not charged, not uncharged.
Not on normal hit, not on critical, not counter and not hi counter.
K is holdable .. EVERYTIME.

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
Found an easy way (for me atleast) to perform While Rising moves. :2::h: quickly and perform your move. I find this to be more consistent compared to buffering a Crouch Dash or holding a downed direction. This for me is also less error prone compared to other methods.

Fumetsu Gaisuto

The best way to get WR K to come out is to tap 3 slight delay K you can get the 12 frame move to come out instantly. I have been going crazy with it lately. Any mirrors hit me up on xbl!

XZero264

FSD | Nichol
Premium Donor
Has anyone found a good use for forced techs? I've found that :1::K: into any of his GBs is pretty effective ( :1::K: puts him at +21 so you have to time moves like :4::6::P:). If he had a 20 frame throw/OH I would force tech more but it's just not really his thing aside from GB pressure.

I know off his walled :6::H+P: I've been timing :6::6::H+P: because almost everybody I've played tries to mash out of it or can't make the read and crouch in time (offline included).

XZero264

FSD | Nichol
Premium Donor
Took a while but thanks to Master's unholdables discovery I have something off Leon's force techs.

1K puts him at +19. 214P becomes unholdable and you get an air throw if they attempt to hold it.

1P leaves him at +15 but puts the opponent far away. 46P closes the gap fastest but is i20 and the opponent is too far away for his 66T and 33T.

2H+K is +7 but knocks them away a shorter distance, so nothing unholdable off that. Being +7 is still good. Next to a wall Leon is +8.

9K puts Leon at +10, so an opponent who is blocking can be Dervish Thrown (46T) immediately if you were fairly close on hit.

4K (all charges) puts Leon at +19. Next to a wall 9K will become unholdable and lead to wall combo (and further things I've been trying to mess with). 9K is the only unholdable he has after 4K but you can throw out 33T and go for the tackle. In open space 9K will whiff and put Leon at -35. In open space 214P is holdable.
The opponent is close enough to 66T which will get them (i16 with 3 active frames after 1 frame delay which is easy to time) with the added benefit of becoming his walled version that leads into Mount if you get the FT just right. You can also throw out 33T but keep in mind it is i20.

Force techs off wall splats.

The only floor hits you can truly time out are his 4K, 2H+K, and 2KK. 4K is i43 and 2H+K is i39 and 2KK is i43. If your opponent is teching you will be left at a huge disadvantage.
2KK is extremely tricky.

Wall tech I've been messing with since @Sly Bass put out that Bayman rolling video. Not too many good things from that if your opponent is teching but some good results if they aren't.

Off an air throw Leon will be at +33 teched, +44 unteched. If your opponent isn't teching, they have 2 frames to avoid a fully charged 4K.

7P is +45 (+34 teched) so if they don't tech you WILL hit with fully charged 4K. Check out the 4K stuff up above.

3PP/9K is +41 (+30 teched). 2H+K will hit if they do not tech.

PPK/3PK is +40 (+27 teched).

214P is +50 (+39 teched). P6P2K is viable but is i50 and leaves Leon at +7.

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD