Sunglasses At Night

MajesticBlue

Doa 5 Christie

"America Christie is all about speed. Hot, nasty, badass speed. -Eleanor Roosevelt, 1936"

Guide pic..jpg

Let's be honest, we are all here to hit buttons. Let's at least know some of our options shall we?

Doa 5 Christie has had some pretty interesting changes. She has a few unique tools that separate her from the rest of the cast. Jakeiho, her new command SS stance is a very useful matchup tool. She has some of the best stuns in the game and some amazing evasion and crush moves.

This in short will more or less be a break down for newer players and also help promote discussion about the character. I am by no means an expert but if I post what I know maybe others will do the same. I expect lots of updates as well as I learn more about Doa 5 Christie. This was something I was going to make for myself to study so I figured I might as well post it and make a guide out of it.

9 Frame jab.
11 Frame mid.
14 Frame low.
Learn to love them.

Moves.
P. 9 frame jab. Get ready to use this to poke your way out of things and start up an offense. Master the strings out of it.

PP. This move jails. -12 on block but very delay able options. Mostly you will just throw this out sometimes and see what they do. Then take advantage of it. Then do into the string you want or free cancel.

PPK. Third high kick, unsafe on block. Not really much to note other then it launches on normal hit. You can also get a juggle follow up on counter hit.

PPKK.-6 tracking high kick. Since it is the fourth high in a row I kinda don't think it is that good. Doesn't mean it can't be useful at times. Also wall splats. Has some low crush frames I would guess as well.

PPP. Your mid option. This part of the string is really bad no matter how it hits

PP4P. A high tracking move. Stuns on counter hit. Has the same follow ups as 4P. More will be covered there.

PP2P. Tracking low. -12 on hit. -15 on block. Good as a tracking option. very small stun on counter hit. Even if they don't SE she doesn't have many options so just treat it as large frame advantage. The move appears to crush very well

PP2PP. Mid -9 on block. Gives a great stun on hit. Overall not the worst option even though it is unsafe. +28 on fastest SE

PP2K. -9 on hit. -10 on block. Decent stun on counter hit You have to punish this move standing so it can throw people off. + 16 on fastest. Doubtfully this will be SE. More then likely expect a low Hold to counter the follow up. So I f you score a counter hit you can bait the low hold or combo into it. *note* There is a throw follow up but it is mostly worthless unless you condition them for it.PP2KT

PP2KP. This move is pretty seeable by good players. It does crush and does give frame advantage on normal hit. +3 to +7. Just don't get predictable with it.

PPPP. The second mid in the string. Stuns on normal hit. If by some miracle if you get this one blocked and not held you have quite a few mixup options. Not all that much to say about it other then if they let you get to this point in the string you are in great shape.

PPPPP. Stuns on normal hit. REALLY unsafe. Honestly the only way this will hit is when they expect PPPP2P. Since that opens them up as well. Not all that much to say. Be careful with it.

PPPP2P. This is the low ender and it stuns on normal hit. Opening them up. Very unsafe on block. For the most part if they block the strings they have to deal with this mixup at the end. Trips on counter hit. The stun doesn't even combo into anything if they SE.

PPPP2_8P+K. Transition into Jak stance. Will be covered later.

4P. Same high as in the string PP4P. It tracks and is just as unsafe on it's own. Even though it is -12 on block it does leave her in BT. Also every hit after it tracks. Throw in some delay and you could very well score a counter hit or BT launcher if they let you get away with it. Be careful throwing it out as it is a 14 frame high.

4PK_PP4PK. A high tracking kick. Wall splats. -14 on block so imo it is not too useful. *Maybe* It might gain some value at the wall.

4PKP_PP4PKP. The last hit in this string. -8 on block but very slow and you can't delay it. Stuns on normal hit and gives a crumple stun on counter hit. Remember it is a 22 frame mid punch with no other options out of the string. Can be made rang safe. DOES NOT wall splat or track. *Note* If you hit all three on counter hit you put them into an un SEable stun that sets you up perfectly for a CB! mixup!

4P2K_PP4P2K. A very delay able low sweep. Unsafe on block. Trips on normal hit. KDs on counter hit. At tip range it gives frame advantage. Plus 12 if they don't SE. This is honestly just something to annoy people with if they can't see it or deal with the mixup. Since it is a sweep it tracks.

4PP_PP4PP. The mid option. The option that keeps her scary. Tracks and gives a nice stun on CH. Even if they SE you get +22 at fastest. So you have enough advantage to keep going at the very least.

4PPP_PP4PPP.One more mixup option here. A flurry of mid punches that jail and leave her at -5. They do not track though. Stuns on normal and counter hit. *Note* on counter hit or higher it leaves you with a CB! mixup. Even on fastest SE. You just gotta be quick or bait a hold. Also it wall splats. Not a bad move at all if you don't get held before it comes out.

4PP(P)8_2 PP4PP(P)8_2. The charged version of the move. +2 on block. A little easy to see coming. She can cancel it into Jak with up or down. On hit the move gives her a free hit throw into a guaranteed juggle. These moves will have their own section later I think. Press P when combo throw pops up for the hit throw. Does not track. Wall splats but sometimes flings them off the wall. Angle specific.
Overall her P strings have lots of options and can be very overwhelming. It helps to have an idea of what your going for so you can use the string you need. Lot of options that don't track can be made to track with string delay. Just pay attention and keep using what is working. Use delay and free cancel to the fullest.

K. I'm not gonna say much about this move other then it is a 13 frame wall splat on counter hit.
KP.13 frame high kick into a fast mid punch. frame advantage on normal hit. Decent stun on counter hit. -10 on block. Sometimes you need a high into a fast mid though.
I find these 2 moves pretty important at times.

PK. An unsafe high kick that gives small frame advantage on hit. Not the same kick as K.

PKK_KK. Another high kick. Stuns on CH. Can transition into Jakeiho, the best part about the string.

PKKK_KKK.The last high kick in the string. Wall splats and is unsafe. Not much to say. Way too many highs..

PKK2K_KK2K. A low sweep tracking option if you need it. Unsafe. Pretty seeable since there is no real string mixup. Not the best tool vs smart players. The fact that you can go into stance before the move does make it more useful then before. If they are looking for Jakeiho they may panic for the sweep.
I really don't like these strings or variations of this string. Far too many highs. Though at least you have the option to go in to Jakeiho. Some of the kicks have different properties depending on what string they are from.

6P. Second fastest mid in the game. Going to use this when you need some speed and don't want to be crushed. -10 on block..most of the time you are gonna go into the string follow ups. On counter hit you get a small stun. Think of it like plus 5-7 on counter hit lol.

6PP. The follow up. Can go into Jak stance. Deeper stun on counter hit. +16 on fastest SE. Bad on hit, normal hit or block.

6PP8_2P+K. Her transition into Jak.

6PPP. Keeps them honest about trying to attack you out of Jak. Stuns on normal hit. -13 on block though. Ouch. Throw this in if they can't deal with delay or predict you are gonna transition to Jak.

6PPPP. Ok, here we are. They called your bluffs and this is the last move you got. -11 on block. KD on hit. Wall splats.
*Note* None of them track unless you delay them perfectly.

6P strings are risky at times, no doubt about it. The same with her jabs. Mix them up well and delay. Keep them honest and make smart reads. Also an interesting note is 6PPPP is guaranteed if the first connects back turned. 6PPP when they are BT puts them at CB! threshold but the stun is too shallow to connect if they SE. If they refuse to SE 6PPP f P 6P+K will connect. Or you can hope they try to turn around and hold. (They have no reason to but they don't know that.)

2P. A 14 frame low move. -5 on normal hit and doesn't track. -7 on block. Part of a string though so the chances of being punished are low. Very small stun on counter hit. Not all that much to say other then it is her fastest low and crushes.

2PP. -11 on hit. A high move. -13 on block. Very nice stun on counter hit. +26 on fastest SE. Not too much else to say.

2PPP.KD on normal hit. -13 on block. Wall splats. Mostly these strings are just bluffing tools as they are all linear.

3P. This imo is one of her best moves. It crushes highs, though not instantly and is 16 frames. + 29 frames on counter hit even if they SE. Pretty crazy. Also if you use it as the last stun in the threshold or twice you can juggle off it. -10 on block but it has follow ups. This is a very crucial move imo. - 9 on normal hit though. If they are crouching it will stun on normal hit.

3PP -12 on block. -10 in hit. Nice stun on counter hit. +20 on fastest. Mostly there to make 3P safer imo.

3PPP_(P). Her flurry punches or the charge punch.

4K. Another key move. Pretty much one of my main counter hitting tools. 14 frame midkick. -6 on hit. On counter hit this move gives another crazy stun. +30 on fastest. Its main use is to put them into a 50-50. So many options off of this kick. Plus it is only -8 on block with string follow ups. I go into detail about this move later.

4KK. KD on normal hit. -8 on block and is high. Wall splats. Tracks

4K2K_1K. A really really bad option. It does have some low crush frames. -10 on normal hit. Almost 30 frames start up. -11 on block..yeah. On counter hit you do get a small stun but really not worth much. Mostly the string version is there to see if people are still awake or they don't respect the string. Does low crush.

4K2KP. Honestly you should never be allowed to get this far in the string lol. Only stuns on counter hit. Deep enough stun to combo into. Thats about it. -10 on block

4K2KPP. Unsafe high move after a mid punch that was following a 30 frame low kick....if you somehow got here your reward is it stuns pretty well on normal hit but nothing to write home about. *Note* If you hit the whole string on Counter hit you are in a CB! opportunity.

4K2KP2P.The low option to mix up with the high. Same low as PPPP2P. Not much to say. This string is a high low mixup so low hold beats both, keep that in mind.

For the most part the most useful move is 4K by itself. Using the other options When you can get away with them is ok but don't get used to it. Or if they start to throw punish 4K. Also don't count too much on that low crush..

1P. A crushing low that tracks. -17 on hit but has a follow up launcher that adds to the safety. On counter hit you have a 50-50 if you decide to use the launcher or go for the throw.

1PK. The follow up gives a great stun on normal hit and launches on counter hit. -10 on block but very delay able.

This move is pretty good if you can get a good read on how your opponent reacts. Don't forget about it, just remember it is a guessing tool. Also it is a Natural counter combo on ice or water.

F+K. -8 tracking move with good range. Stuns on counter hit. A great option to throw out.

F+KK.A high follow up. Does not track. Small stun on normal hit. -8 or -9 but can be made safe via range. Not all that good.

f+KKK. Safe on block and a launcher on normal hit. This can be good at times but since it is soo good it is very very telegraphed. It will get held if you throw it out.

One of her best ways to catch stepping. Just don't get predictable.

9K. A high kick launcher. Unholdable. 16 frames. Launches on normal hit. - 11 on block. Crushes lows.
9KK. Great for crushing low wakeup kicks. -7 on block but low throw punishable.

6K . 13 frame mid knee. -9 on block. Small stun on normal hit and counter hit. Transition into Jakeiho.
6KP.-12 on block. wall splats. KD on all hits.
6KK. High tracking kick. KD on all hits. Wall splats. Crazy wall carry. -10 on block.
6k4k. One of her juggle enders. This only works while they are in the air.

I like to mix this up at the wall. Isn't the best mixup but I find I use it. It is also one of the better splatting moves.

3K. -8 on block. medium stun on ch. Wall splats. Can also go into Jakeiho.

3KP.Jails on block and hit, -10 on block. Stuns on normal hit but not the best stun.

3KK Tracking high kick. KD on all hits. Wall splats. -9 .on block

I don't use this move all that much. Need to look into it more.

2F+K. Instant high crush. Goes into the same mixup as PP2K. Decent range, stuns on counter hit. Unsafe on normal hit but it has s follow up.
Guaranteed 8K on CH in the water or ice.

3P+K. I think this move crushes some mids on it's own. Need to look into it more.

3P+KK. You can use this to punish mid wakeup kicks after a back step. This has crush frames as well. -10 on block but unholdable.

3P+KP. Small stun on normal hit. Unsafe.

3P+KPP. The second punch wall splats. Stuns on NH and gives a crumple stun on CH.

3P+KT. A throw option. The throw does have crush frames and is not an OH. This throw does leave them in a stun but it is kinda hard to connect with. 66K connects but it is fairly obvious. This goes for all versions of this throw

9P. 14 frame high. Amazing move. +21 on fastest SE and 0 on block. Great tool.

7P. 17 frames. Safe tracking high that stuns on normal hit. Crazy deep stun. +30 on fastest. The move is also safe. The disadvantage changes between open and closed stance as well as depending if it was blocked on the side. The move may tech SS a little, needs further testing.

7K. 12 frame midkick that crushes lows. An Amazing tool. Is not safe on block but very hard to punish. You can ATTACK punish this move. Still it is there when you need it. They can also dash in and throw but they have to be on the ball and not recommended.

66K. Crushes lows. Doesn't do all that much damage. Does wall splat for a combo. Also on block you eat a back throw. I over use this move because It looks cool xD.

46P.KD and wall splat. -7 on hit with good range. Kinda slow at 20 frames. I don't use this move all that much but it is a safeish wall splat move

236P. Slow guard break with deceptive range. +7 on block. Not the worst option if they can't stop it on reaction. Wall splats. I like this move but if you get it held it hurts. Also tech jumps

4P+K. +15 guard break that wall splats. Has guaranteed options 6P and PP. The move is 30 frames though.

8PP. The only reason I mention this move is because the second hit gives a full juggle on normal hit if they don't get hit by the first. It can be useful in wakeup and wiff punish situations. Pretty unsafe too. Low crushes through various frames.

3(hold)P. 15 frame tracking counter hit launcher. Kinda hard to use at times but worth it. -13 on block. 22 frame stun on normal hit fastest SE.

4F+K. A high kick counter hit Launcher. decent stun on normal hit. This launcher isn't very useful vs heavy weights I find. It is great vs everybody else though. -12..free back throw..

8K. Imo her main launcher. 16 frame midkick. -12 on block. Only launches on counter hit. On Normal hit you get a pretty good stun. Learn to love it. Wall safe.

33P. 18 frame high launcher. Launches on normal hit. Also crushes. I prefer 9K as a high launcher though. This is more useful as a crush. -11 on block.

66PPP. 15 frame tracking mid. Natural combo on normal and counter hit. Since it ends with the flurry punch/charge punch you have those options so it is safe. Be careful of the range though, if you are not close enough the move may hit a frame or two to late and become holdable. This move also allows you to CB! in 3 hits. The Stun is +22 even on fastest SE.

6F+K. Instant Low crush I think. Tracks. -10 on block Launches on normal hit. Wall splats. This is not all that good of a move.

2K. 15 frame low poke. Pretty bad on hit. Gives a stun on counter hit Not all that good. Might be good Against Busa

While running K. Not much to say about this. A low option out of running. Really unsafe on block. KD on hit.

P+K. Her faint stun. 19 frames -6 on block. Stuns on normal hit. On counter hit you get a guaranteed 4K (depending on the hitbox and push back) or 6P. A great move. This move wall splats on counter hit.

6P+K. Her CB! 19 frames and tracks. -7 on block. Stuns on normal hit. Gives a crumple stun on hi counter hit.

1P+K. Her Powerblow. +22 Guard break charge. Leaves you with plenty of options. Guaranteed launchers as well.

Back turned
BT 4P. 14 frame tracking mid. Stuns on counter hit. The follow up is a launcher - 6 on block

BT4PP. Does not track. Stuns on normal hit and launches on counter hit -8 on block. Wall splats on counter.

BT 2PPPP. Starts off with a tracking low that crushes. Then into 2 mid punches. The last punch is the punch flurry you can charge.

BT P+K. -10 on block. Good stun on normal hit and launches on counter hit. Crushes jabs.

BT F+K.-9 on block. looks like it has crush frames late into the animation. launches on normal hit. Wall splats.

BT4K.Unsafe on block. Stuns on NH. Launcher on CH. Crushes highs.

BT2K. Just her sweep kick.

QcbP
I feel like this move needs it's own section. This move is pretty amazing. It's raw evasion is crazy. You can really use creatively to beat out anything. If they refuse to SE you get a free launcher. If you don't wanna risk it you get a guaranteed 4k into a free stun threshold mixup. While it is slow it is a very useful tool. Don't be afraid to use it. It is pretty easy to hold but if you use it right that shouldn't be an issue. Part of me wants to say don't be afraid to throw it out at slight disadvantage.

On Hi counter hit I think it guarantees 8K. It is -7 on block so you gotta watch your follow ups.
If used at the correct threshold ( around 2 stuns) This can be used to guarantee a CB!

Charge punch cancels.
Ok these moves are very weird. First off NEITHER option TRACKS. *IF* you can get them to block them they are not that bad. The Flurry is only -5 and the charged one is +2. If the charged version hits you get a combo throw by pressing P netting you a full juggle. You also have the option to cancel into Jak. Now the problem is that if you charge or SS it doesn't matter as a tracking move will beat both. So you need to get them to respect the flurry before you can charge it. Also there is nothing stopping them from holding miss mid punch either.

Now there is another problem with this move. The charged version is GLITCHED. For some reason the move will go clean through the opponent. I just know that the fact that sometimes the move doesn't work as it should is kinda scary. So just keep in my that the move has problems.

This is what I use as a juggle.

2PP F 6K4K Heavies

2PP F PKK2K works on pretty much everybody else

SS
P. 7P of SS. Safe evasive high that gives a good stun.
K. 8K of SS. Unsafe mid kick that launches on counter hit.

Jakeiho.
Honestly from a raw mixup stand point I don't think this move is as good as it is made out to be. Lots of non tracking mids can hit her out of it. If you space it out a little and use it to limit their options it can be very good though. It is hard to say when to use this really. If you use the transitions and not raw I find I eat quite a few counter blows... It does crush highs at the cost of not being evasive as her regular SS.
Moves that transition into Jakeiho.
PKK
KK
PPPP
6PP
3PP
(Sure I missed some)
Any of those moves plus 8_2P+K. Any charge punch can be canceled with 8_2.

8_2P+K to enter Jakeiho.

Jak P. Stuns on normal hit. Launches on counter hit. -12 on block. If you can get all the way to their back the move will launch them on normal hit for a full juggle.

JakPP.-10 on block. Not much to say. Does not track. Does have good range though. Stuns regardless of hit type. Wall splats

JakPK. High tracking kick. -12 on block Wall splats. Doesn't give much of anything regardless of hit type.
JakPKP KDs on all hits. wall splats. -12 on block.

JakPK2P Your tracking low option. Has crush frames. Stuns on normal hit. Gives enough frame advantage to keep mounting pressure.
The secret to using these is to mess with the timing and play with the delay. Also to use unexpected enders or not finishing them.

Jak6P. Stuns on all hits and has good range. -13 on block

Jak6P6P. KDs and wall splats regardless of hit. -11 on block/

Jak4P. Slow Jak Guard break. +4 on block. KDs on all hit and wall splats.

Jak K.slight advantage on normal hit. Crumple stun on counter hit. Can also give a BT limbo stun depending on open or closed stance. -11 on block. Off of the BT limbo stun you can get 6PPPP guaranteed. I'm sue she has better options. That is the only one I know of atm. Can wall splat.

Jak2K. A low sweep. Very hard to see. Doesn't give all that much on its own but the follow ups are very good..

Jak2KK. A high follow up. If this hits this sends them into a very deep stun..Even on fastest SE you have time to run in and Jab or 6P. Putting them into a CB! mixup. if they Hold early in the animation you don't have to dash just make them guess with one of her great stuns. Can wall splat.

Jak 2k6k. The mid kick follow up. This puts them into a crumple stun. This move actually has nothing that can be comboed into. If your opponent holds as fast as possible they can block every follow up she has. If they don't take advantage of this the move is pretty good. Just be careful with it. Also it has to be on counter hit or if the sweep connects
If you connect the mid on normal hit because they are expecting the low you can combo it into jabs as long they don't SE.

Jak2K2K. KDs on counter hit. On normal hit it trips them. Not all that bad of an option. you can combo into second low sweep on normal hit if they don't SE.

All of these options track. The low sweep is a great way to put people into a 50 50 and mount some pressure.

JakP+K. Normal hit launcher. -12 on block. Keep in mind it is a high but it crushes.

Jak6P+K. KD and wall splat. -5 on block so it is safe. It does not track though. Mid punch.

JakF+K. KD and wall splat. Unsafe on hit but tracks. High kick. Leaves you at -16 in BT...it does send them flying across the stage though.

Jak into Jak. Cancel the SS into another SS using the opposite direction you used the first time.

These moves are done by doing 44 out of Jakeiho. I dub them BakJak. XD
BakJakP. +4 frame trap. KD all hits. Wall splats.
BakJakK. Same as while running K.
BakJakT. Her Special grab. I will cover it in her throws.

Jakeiho. 2K in detail
This move is another move I feel deserves a section of it's own. This kick is really fast and hard to react to. Not to mention it goes into a mixup with high reward. Jak 2KK is a great way to set up a CB! She also has Jak 2K6K if they don't know how to defend against it. (talked about in the moves section) Also all options out of it track.

Jak 2KK into P_6P_4K. You have to do a little dash and get it out before they recover or fully SE. If you get one of those to hit you are at guaranteed threshold, ready for a critical burst. Same thing for Jak 2K4K. Even though they can hold asap and block your follow ups.

Holds
Christie has less then average damage on her holds. Not much to say here really.
1H. This is her Super launcher throw, and ceiling move.
Juggles. Coming Soon!

Crush Moves

Low crush
9KK
8P(P)
6F+K
qcfP

High Crush
1P
2F+K
3P
PP2P
3P+K
Jak P+K. Jak 2K
btP+K
bt2K
btF+K
bt2P
bt4K
All of her sweeps.
Also her special throw goes under highs.

Playing the Stun game.
Christie has some of the best stuns in the game in my honest opinion. SE is never an option. Ever. If you can mix these moves up well enough they are all you need to win. Combine this with her sweep (Jakeiho 2K) setups and you have a whole lot guessing.

3P.Mid punch
9P High
4K. Mid kick
P+K. High faint stun. Will combo into 4K or 6P
6P+K. Mid CB!

Unconventional Launchers. Oddities of the stun game.
This is an area I feel Christie is really good. As some moves on counter hit put her into an instant 50-50 for around 80-90 damage. Essentially you just max out the stun threshold by doing the same stun twice. This however does not work with every stun and also has some interesting setups. If you use 4K as the last hit to reach stun threshold they are in a 50-50 for over 100+ damage. They have to hold or die. A CB! may or may not be seeable at 19 frames but there is no way in hell they can see and react to a 14 frame mid.

If you use P+K as the last move in the stun threshold depending on the hit box of your opponent you get a guaranteed 4k into a full launcher. This can be good to throw in sometimes if you know your hit boxes well.

Ch 4k 4k is a full launch.
I use 2PP PKKK_PKK2K_6K4K Or PKK JakPP on heavy

Ch 3P 3P is a full launch.
2PP PKKK_ PKK2K On heavy PKKK_2PP 6K4K

CH F+K F+KK is a full launcher as well.

About SEable stuns
Here is something to keep in mind when it comes to stuns. The later in the stun chain the greater the chance of SE. At least when it comes to smaller stuns. So lots of moves may not be that useful if the opponent will SE. If you knick them as they are hitting a button they have to react and see they are in a stun before they begin to SE. Use that to your advantage.

Just watch.
A nice little trick I love to use is it is very possible to use the recovery frame of holds to your advantage. If somebody is hold happy don't be afraid to watch them sometimes. If you see they held you don't even have to bother to throw them since we have such shoddy throws. When you have them in a CB! situation, since they can't react to 4K they will have to just hold it. (this is assuming they can even see 6P+K). as they hold for your CB! or 4K you can guarantee 6P+K if you time it correctly. A very powerful tactic. If they start to simply try and out guess you this becomes even stronger. Wait too long and you lose your stun though. If they love to hold early you can even launch them on normal hit with 9K for some quick damage.*QcB applies after 2 large stuns as well if you can bait a hold* Another thing is if you can bait a hold you can set up a launcher like 3P+KK.

If you use 2 stuns and they don't se or do a random hold this can guarantee a CB. It will guarantee a CB if it hits at the proper threshold.

Build A Bear Juggle Work Shop

I am gonna go about this a different way. I am gonna list the floating moves and the enders so you can come up with what your own juggles.

Launcher
*8K. Main Launcher mid kick.
*9K Unholdable high launcher.
*4F+K High Launcher.
*BTP+K High crush BT mid punch launcher.
BTF+K High crushBT mid kick launcher.
BT4K. BTMid Kick Launcher.
3P+KK Crushes highs. Mostly used in mixups or CB!
8P(P) Used as a wiff punish or to crush lows.
CH Jak P Evasive mid punch launcher.
CH Jak P+K Evasive high launcher.
CH1PK. Used as a 50-50 NCC on slippery surface.
CH(3)P Mid punch launcher crushes highs.
CH33P High punch crushes highs.
*Threshold 4K4K. Max stun threshold mid kick.
*Threshold 3P3P Max stun threshold mid punch.
*1H. Her super launch hold.

*IMO her main launchers. The ones I find I use the most*

Float Moves
2PP. Your main float you will use this one a lot.
6K.You can use this at the wall or for higher launchers.
9K. You will only use this in super launchers
4F+K. You will only use this in super launchers.
btP+K.You will use this after 4F+K most of the time.

Enders.
PKKK. Use this on really small launches.
PKK2K. Used after a filler most of the time.
6K4K. Used after a filler
6KP. Use after a filler near the wall.
3PPP. Used after a filler near the wall.
PP4P2K. Used in pseudo and force tech situations.

Jak Juggles.
PKK Jak PP_PKP. A option that works well. Does not work near walls though.

Remember to be creative and try out everything you can. 2PP is an awesome tool because it allows you to hit confirm your juggle based on the height. You have enough time after this move to pick your ender of choice. Also the move does not wall splat! Keep in mind that no matter how much damage your juggle does, it does you no good if you can't hit it when you need it. Practice makes perfect. Use juggles that do the max amount of damage and you can do consistently.

Critical Burst.
9P 3P 4K 6P+K CB! 3P+K 6K 6K PKK2K (works on light and mids)

CB! 3P+KK 6K 2PP PKK2K

CB! 6K 2PP PP4P2K
This is a Force tech on light weights and a pseudo on mid weights. If they Tech you still have advantage. So you can keep up the pressure. You do give up a little damage though. +17 if they don't tech. If they do tech I do know you have enough advantage to keep hitting buttons.

CB! PKK JakPKP Heavy

Walls
Juggling at the walls is pretty simple. The juggle you do is going to depend on what kind of launcher you do and the weight class. Also there are different kinds of wall splats. I will give some sample ones and you can create your own.

3PPP. I find this will hit in most situations for decent damage. A good start.
6K F 6KP. This is another one that works fairly often.
2PP F 6KP. I find I use this one when I am closer to a wall then I thought and I want to splat them.
PP4PPP. You can hit this if you get a high enough splat.
PP4PK. This is useful is you splat them from a slight distance and want to run up and get something in
2PP F 3PPP. If you use the right wall splat move and reach a certain threshold you can use this.
6K 6K 6KP. This one is also very dependent on the setup.

Keep in mind this is after a wall splat, not after a wall safe launcher at the wall. Your options will be similar. Just because her main enders are not wall safe.

Don't forget her 66T wall loops!

Samples
CH 4K4K. 2PP 3PPP light
CH 6KP 6K F 6K F 6KP_PP4PPP.
*66K P+K 6KP can work at times*

Useful wall splat moves
Jak6P+K
4P+K.
6KP
Jak PP
Jak PKP
Flurry punch.

Critical burst at the wall
8K 6K 3PPP Used vs lights and mids
(^I like this as my staple)
Jak P+K 6K 6K 6KPMid
Jak P+K 6K 6K 3PPP Lights
8K 3PPP Heavy

Ceilings
The only thing I really see here is after 1H do QcbP then get a guaranteed 8K. If there is more to this please lemme know so I can update. As the guaranteed CB! was patched right?

*At the wall you can charge 4P+K into a wall combo.*

Electric floor
Sometimes you can get a little more damage on electric floors.
PKK2K.
PP4P2K
PPPP2P
2PPP

Water.
1PK is NCC

Jak 2K6K is NCC

Jak 2KK second hit will wiff

Jak 2K2K is NC on counter hit

2F+K guarantees 8K

Special Stage Damage.
Work in progress.

Untechables/ force techs./Pseudo
kasumi ch 8k 2PP pp4p2k
Work in progress.

Throws.
6T. punish. 7 frame. Generic punish throw. Not the best damage. It does swap sides though. If they try to do a wake up kick right off the bat you can 2P+K44 into any of the options and it will beat either wake up kick. Keep in mind they can still tech or delay the kick though.

4T. Imo her main throw. 10 frames. Mostly just to annoy people. The mixup off of this is to go into 6p, your fastest mid or into another 4T. This throw only gives you plus 4 and leaves them in BT. So it is roughly plus 10 with no guaranteed follow ups. If you can get them to start turning around and block you can set them up for her guard break as well. 4P+K. If you can confirm 6P hitting them back turned you can finish the string and it is all guaranteed.

66T. Her wall throw. 7 frames. You can use this to punish when their back is to the wall for more damage and you also don't switch sides. *Update* I didn't see how great this throw was until a friend pointed something out. It completely negates wake up kicks at the wall. Pretty much this allow you to have amazing wall pressure. You can beat any attack follow up with 4P+K. Even if they stand up and block it is a guard break sooo. Also her Power blow will beat anything but 9 frame jabs. You can use this to make them eat a guard break or reset the situation with another throw. An amazing guessing tool. Abuse this if possible.

63214T. Her strongest throw 12 frames. Sometimes you will use it when you just need that throw damage.

PP2KT. 2F+KT. BakJakT. 3P+KT. Her special signature throw.The throw does have crush frames and is not an OH. This throw does leave them in a stun but it is kinda hard to connect with. 66K connects but it is fairly obvious. This goes for all versions of this throw.

Tracking.
I would say we have some pretty good tracking options.

66PPP.This move is way better then I gave it credit for. 15 frame tracking move that you can hit confirm with a little practice. If the first hit connects at the proper range all 3 hits are guaranteed unless it is a hi counter blow, then the second punch can be held. If you need a little more range out of it you can do a deep dash into it. If you see them block the first two hits you can cancel it into Jak. The flurry at the end wall splats but sometimes it will knock them off the wall if even at a slight angle. If they don't like to hold the last punch it is only -5 on block. If you choose not to hit confirm this and use it a counter hit tool or commit to it, it is still useful as you can reach CB! threshold with 2 moves.

F+K. For the range and safety. I like to throw this one out from a slight distance. Pretty quick at 14 frames. Most of the time my stand alone go to tracking move.

1P. I will use this when I want to run in and make them guess. While not the best idea it will kill step and put you in a small mixup.

PP4PP. The last to hits both track so this is good to throw into your string mixup of they get SS happy. Just watch out because 3 of them are high.

PP2P. Jabs into a tracking low.

Jakeiho 2K. You can use this to predict a step or limit their approach options.

SSP. Besides being slow and a high it is an option I like to throw out sometimes. Since it is an evasive tracking move.

Round One Fight.
Christie is in a great postition here. Just look at her speed. Not to mention how many options she can beat with Jakeiho.

P 9 frame jab. You can use this to beat out slower jabs and non crushing mids.
6P. 11 frame mid. Can be use if you think they will use a slow mid or a crush move.
7K. 12 frame mid kick. Crushes lows and is still speedy. Does a chunk of damage.
33P. Crushes jabs for a launch.
Jakeiho mixups. This will beat highs and moves that don't track.
214P. This move is great everywhere hahaha. You can run up do a quick back step then throw it out. Kinda gimmicky but it has great reward on hit.

If you can get them to stop doing anything at all as the round begins you have them in a position to take advantage of them. Since Christie is known for her speed, sometimes people lock up. So sometimes it is not the worst idea to fake them out and start up with a throw. Just remember if you get read it could be painful. Try not to be obvious about it.

Game plan
There are quite a few concepts you can keep in mind when playing Christie. Hunt for counter hits, know your numbers and spot those free cancels. Then you get a stun in and make them guess. We have the speed advantage so in the mean time we bully them with that. Make them guess between your fast mids and throws. Limit their options with jak stance and various crushes. Take full advantage of the wall and pester them with everything she has. Be as annoying as possible and frustrate them. Use your string delay and free cancel mixups. Press that false pressure as far as you can.

I think she is designed around the CB system. Her stuns are so deep all she needs to do is mix up her patterns after the first stun to get big damage. Having threshold launchers also gives her a means to get very good damage quite easily. Take advantage of them.

Watch out though because she doesn't have the most options in some situations. At the end of the day she is only as predictable as you play her though. She is also pretty dang unsafe at times but as once said. Ain't nobody got the time for that!

If something isn't working stop doing it. The golden rule of fighters. Try and be as adaptive as possible. Large parts of Doa are just knowing what the other characters tools are. If you know what they can do, you know how to beat it. No matter how risky something is, there is zero risk if you know what they will do. Another large part of Doa is making calculated risks and understanding situations where you have to guess. That comes with practice.

Even though she doesn't have the best throws don't neglect knowing your punishment. Remember, at the end of the day it is just frame advantage that you can use as you please. So sometimes it may be a better Idea to opt for a mixup or maybe go for a slower move.

Use her guard breaks if your opponent lets you get away with them. Don't forget about them.

Ground game
2K (With opponent grounded). Her on the ground move, figured it needs at least a mention.
Her only force tech I can find is Jak 2K gives +14.
2P 1P 2F+K and 1K all hit otg leaving you in various positions. Find one you like.
Will cover more later if I find anything. Also the goal here is to get them to start teching so you will have frame advantage. If they tech you get free frame advantage and get to keep attacking.

Wake up kicks
3P+KK. You can use this to beat out mid wake ups if you take a step back or so and time it right.
8PP. You can use this to hop over low wakups for full juggle.
9KK. Crushes lows.
66K can also punish wakeups if you are a little farther away.
If you space right you can use 4P+K or your powerblow to beat out both kicks as well.
You can also use most charge moves or Jak stuff if you time it or set it up right.
4K can beat out wakeup kicks...it happened. Needs further research

Thanks to Forlorn Penguin for the name of the guide. Thanks to koomp for helping me organize the sucker. Thanks for everybody who helped me with it. Thanks to all of my training buddies who let me spam away at you. You know who you are.

If anybody has some useful info to add let me know and I will edit it in. Some areas are blank and will be updated in the future. Maybe some of this will still matter in Doa 5U.

I hope this is not too little too late. God Speed Christie players, God speed.

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
Lol, at using my lame joke as the title. Inside jokes, yay!

I'm sure I was one of the top contributors to the making of this guide too. We've had a ton of fun matches. Glad it helped.

:christie::bayman:

djynho

Sorry for double post but I will only add one thing: you said that you don't think 66ppp is all that good, but maybe you might not notice that the entire 66ppp is a natural combo on normal and counter hit. On normal and counter hit you are forced to eat the entire string, you can't hold any of the p. Note: sometimes a glitch occur where one of the punch whiffs then becomes holdable. Great post xD

Awesmic

Standard Donor
So that's what all those moves do. With this, I'll be one step away to being promoted from Beginner Plus to Average. Yay! ^.^

Djedjy: I don't believe that's a glitch. From my experience, I was simply too far away for some of the hits in the natural combo to land, giving the opponent an instant to breathe. The opponent's hitbox could also play a factor in its effectiveness in range. Once this Move Details Plus kicks in with range features added in DOA5U, I can clarify this and the exact range you need to be in for said character.

MajesticBlue

Sorry for double post but I will only add one thing: you said that you don't think 66ppp is all that good, but maybe you might not notice that the entire 66ppp is a natural combo on normal and counter hit. On normal and counter hit you are forced to eat the entire string, you can't hold any of the p. Note: sometimes a glitch occur where one of the punch whiffs then becomes holdable. Great post xD

Ah I bet I hit that glitch when i tested that move then. Going back to look at it, the glitch does look to be a hitbox issue, given that the further away you are the later it makes contact. Too much space and yeah, it becomes holdable. This move just went up quite a bit for me then. It allows her to CB in 3 hits. It is also safe on block and can go into stance so pretty wicked. Not to bad for a 15 frame mid. Going to have to start using it more. Damn and it tracks.

this tread is christie's best tread. Thank you

Don't know about that but thanks. I did work pretty hard on it. Even though it has gaps and stuff I plan to fill them in when I have time. Just trying to improve myself as well. If it isn't too confusing I hope it helps lots of people trying to break her down and get ideas and stuff.

FakeSypha

Great stuff, Majestic. Great stuff, ideed! Thanks for sharing and putting all that info together in single post! :)

MajesticBlue said:
Ceilings
The only thing I really see here is after 1H do QcbP then get a guaranteed 8K. If there is more to this please lemme know so I can update. As the guaranteed CB! was patched right?
Yep, that was possible on 1.02. I even made a vid for that setup. Doesn't matter now, since it has been patched out.

djynho

I may be able to add to the list. Her force techs is something of beauty. It puts Helena's blender to shame. And what's unique about it is that her force techs works the best with the wall. She has a 10 pts extra damage everytime wall blender!!! xD

MajesticBlue

I have been messing with her Force techs the last few days. Haven't gotten to ones she has at the wall yet. The only thing I have to say about the ones I am finding is they eat up a lot of damage for a mix up. I could be doing it wrong though. I will post what I have been messing with soon. So far they look like something you can use but are higly situational. If I don't figure out what your doing at the wall, I can't wait to hear about it.

djynho

This is her FT with the wall. Aside from the super heavies such as bass and bayman, there are two combo ender that guarantees the FT.
For ever character except lightweight (ayane etc): after any wall splat that doesn't leave her BT, (6kk, 66ppp, etc) you do: 2pp, pp2kp. Guaranteed FT for another wall damage mixup.
For lightweights: after wall splat, you do 2pp, pp4p2k. Same result.
Now as far as mix up goes, there's nothing they can do and have to guess. They can't SS cause 66ppp tracks and is guaranteed and wall splat and guarantees FT. If they block you either 66throw them or 4p+k for guaranteed 6p into any string that wall splat for blender. If they hold mid punch, you can either 6 throw or p+k, a high tracking wall instant wall splat on counter hit. I want to give a list of all her option and why she's too dangerous next to a wall. Maybe update your post one day if I get your permission?

Koompbala

I thought I posted in here, but bravo for editing this guide some more. I think I know why you did it when you didn't need to. I just recently liked this thread because of that.

Rapham0n

@TC (Topic Creator):
I really wish you guys would stop giving these threads such weird names. It makes it very very difficult to find this stuff. Heck, when I read the thread title I had no idea that it was the character breakdown thread for Christie. Also these character breakdown threads really need to be stickied.

Anyway, now that I have finally found it thanks for this. Keep up the good work. (Just please give the threads better names next time so that it is made clear exactly what the thread is about. For example "Character Breakdown" or something like that.)

MajesticBlue

I found something really funny in training mode yesterday. If you hit 4PK on a back turned opponent you get the new spinning launcher from Doa 5U. Now, I couldn't find much to hit off this and I realized something. This launcher type is exactly the same regardless of character weight. I wonder if this will be true come Doa 5U. Here is the cool part.

4PK 2K is a force tech on all weights if you can connect it on there back. It isn't the most useful thing in the world but it is pretty cool. It is neat to see the new launcher type from Doa 5U show up as well. Does anybody know what to call it?

Einzelkind

Apropos weird Christie stuff: Did anyone ever experience this weird glitch (I don't even know if it's a glitch) with 6k4k where the sliding kick picks up the enemy back from the ground and launches him over you really high (almost as high as the new power launchers in 5U)? I didn't had the chance to record it and I can't get it to work again, but it looked hilarious.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD