Survival collection guide

E24K Lawson

So, I unlocked all the characters, costumes, and extras in Dead or Alive 2 Ultimate by repeatedly beating Story and Time Attack four years ago, and now I'm thinking of collecting all 66 items in Survival. The starting 51 items are fairly simple to obtain, it's the remaining 15 items that are a hassle to get. If anyone has tips (i.e. certain number of wins) to get the rare items for each character, I'd greatly appreciate it.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
So, I unlocked all the characters, costumes, and extras in Dead or Alive 2 Ultimate by repeatedly beating Story and Time Attack four years ago, and now I'm thinking of collecting all 66 items in Survival. The starting 51 items are fairly simple to obtain, it's the remaining 15 items that are a hassle to get. If anyone has tips (i.e. certain number of wins) to get the rare items for each character, I'd greatly appreciate it.

I collected all of the items, but it was many moons ago. I don't even know if the character items are attached to wins or just simple drop RNG. I think it's just simple drop RNG.

Played a lot of survival in Ultimate. I think there might be an item for getting the 100 wins, but I can't remember.

P2p1mbs

Use down attacks on enemies as soon as you know them down. Keep doing that until they die. Set difficulty to easy and use throws to down them. Keep doing this until about 20 wins in survival when the AI starts to predict your moves. The rare items usually come out after about 10 to 20 opponents.

Start using characters with fast down attacks like the ninjas since they are more likely to get their rare items first. Set health bars to high as well to give yourself more opportunities for down attacks.

E24K Lawson

Use down attacks on enemies as soon as you know them down. Keep doing that until they die. Set difficulty to easy and use throws to down them. Keep doing this until about 20 wins in survival when the AI starts to predict your moves. The rare items usually come out after about 10 to 20 opponents.

Start using characters with fast down attacks like the ninjas since they are more likely to get their rare items first. Set health bars to high as well to give yourself more opportunities for down attacks.
Thanks for the advice. I’ll keep that in mind the next time I play DOA2U.

Last edited:

Derock

Here's something about the Survival items:

If you collect all of the items, all of the costumes and bonus features will unlock. This also applies to DOA2: Hardcore.

Tips:

- Rare items usually show up after getting pass 100 wins, somewhere around 10-20 opponents, as @P2p1mbs stated. I believe the Medal item will appear at the 100 win mark, if I'm not mistaken.
- Use down attacks a lot to get more items to appear as you knock them down. Even in their KO state in that hot second, use them. I recommend do NOT use :2::P+K:, use the down attacks like :2::P: or :2::K:, depending on character.
- Use Fast characters (Kasumi, Ayane, and Zack).
- Try not to KO opponents near/close to the Danger Zone areas.

E24K Lawson

Here's something about the Survival items:

If you collect all of the items, all of the costumes and bonus features will unlock. This also applies to DOA2: Hardcore.

Tips:

- Rare items usually show up after getting pass 100 wins, somewhere around 10-20 opponents, as @P2p1mbs stated. I believe the Medal item will appear at the 100 win mark, if I'm not mistaken.
- Use down attacks a lot to get more items to appear as you knock them down. Even in their KO state in that hot second, use them. I recommend do NOT use :2::P+K:, use the down attacks like :2::P: or :2::K:, depending on character.
- Use Fast characters (Kasumi, Ayane, and Zack).
- Try not to KO opponents near/close to the Danger Zone areas.
Thanks, Derock. I'm already aware that you can unlock all costumes by collecting all 66 items in Survival, but I prefer the method where you repeatedly beat Story and Time Attack with all the characters. As for the tips you gave me for Survival, I'm extremely grateful, and I'll be sure to keep them in mind when I eventually get to playing DOA2U again.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
I used Hayabusa for my first completion of Ultimate's survival. Kasumi I had many instances of 80-88 wins.

Watch out for the dreaded number 9. The AI seems to go nuts. Itagaki hated easy wins and I'm more than confident that the AI is more astute when arriving on that number for the purpose of you not getting completion at the end.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD