DOA5U System crashes on PS3

Rapham0n

I'm experiencing random system crashes with this game where the entire PS3 completely freezes and I have to switch the power off and back on again to get the system un-frozen. Is this a known problem with this game? I know it can't be my PS3 for the following reasons:

#01: I have about 60+ games, both physical media games as well as digital games, and none of my other games have this problem.
#02: I still have my old vanilla DOA5, and when I play that it does not have this problem. This only happens with DOA5U.
#03: My PS3 is a Slim model, one of the 3000 range of models. (In other words second generation Slim).
#04: My PS3 is in a well ventilated area, (plus it's winter in my country right now and it's ridiculously cold. So I doubt this problem is being caused by overheating. Not only that but I sometimes get these DOA5U system crashes right after booting up the console after it had been off for several hours).
#05: These system crashes only seem to occur when I play tag matches. They also occur randomly. Sometimes I can play for 3 hours without it happening and sometimes it happens after 5 minutes.

Could this be a bug in the game? How can I get Team Ninja/Koei Tecmo to investigate this?

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
If you want to reach Team NINJA, the best method is through twitter @TeamNINJAStudio

Rapham0n

how about playing other games? same problem occurs

As I said in my first post, none of my other games causes this to happen. Not even vanilla DOA5. It's only DOA5U that this happens with, and oddly enough it only happens when I play tag matches, both offline and online.

HHH816

As I said in my first post, none of my other games causes this to happen. Not even vanilla DOA5. It's only DOA5U that this happens with, and oddly enough it only happens when I play tag matches, both offline and online.

you might want to re-install the game

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD