Characters Tengu Players Unite, Contest Time !

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor
OK .. heres what we do ...
CONTEST !!!!!
Photoshop Tengu into any damn pic (DOA or non DOA), just like back in the Leon days.. you know the drill! the more creative it is the better!
Post it in the TN Twitters and Facebooks ... and ...
You have until the release of Marie Rose !
Multiple entries are Of course very much welcome.

Top 3 will get a prize ... (dunno what it is yet but we'll figure something out)
(images not uploaded to Twitter & FB will not be accepted in the contest)

FLY MY MINIONS FLY !!!!!!!

Kronin

OK .. heres what we do ...
CONTEST !!!!!
Photoshop Tengu into any damn pic (DOA or non DOA), just like back in the Leon days.. you know the drill! the more creative it is the better!
Post it in the TN Twitters and Facebooks ... and ...
You have until the release of Marie Rose !
Multiple entries are Of course very much welcome.

Top 3 will get a prize ... (dunno what it is yet but we'll figure something out)
(images not uploaded to Twitter & FB will not be accepted in the contest)

FLY MY MINIONS FLY !!!!!!!

@David Gregg, I Choose You!

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
Unfortunately, I don't have or know how to work with Photoshop, so even though I want, nay, need this character back more than anyone, I can't do much for this contest.

What I can do however, is re-post this Pokémon evolution chart I made with some mad Paint skills, featuring Shiftry's new mega evolution. I've already tweeted it to TN, but everyone, please feel free to retweet it, if you haven't already.

BfBJi7DCEAANCGa.jpg large.jpg

Kronin

Unfortunately, I don't have or know how to work with Photoshop, so even though I want, nay, need this character back more than anyone, I can't do much for this contest.

I'm not very practice with Photoshop me too, but I will try to find a way for doing it through the classic paint (don't judge me, please...).

By the way if someone was so nice to create renders of the head of Tengu through photoshop, then making them available here on the forum for who want use the pics for bringing back Tengu, I think that this could be really helpful for everyone! :)

Last edited:

Kronin

Sorry for the double post:

I know a way to extract photos from DoA4 (and DoAX2) to the PC, I could try to take clear pictures of the head of Tengu through it (even if the system of DoA4 for taking photos is really bad). Then someone could try to create renders from them.

If someone want do the same, here my original thread on DOAWORLD with all the instructions and the files to download (not be too much noisy about, strangely this wasn't deleted by the mods that usually eliminate any threads of this kind...). The process is a little intricate compared to DoA5, but it's more simple to do it rather than explaining it http://www.doaworld.com/forums/index.php?/topic/4515-converting-doa4-doax2-screenshots/

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
I can try to get some photos of Tengu for you, but I actually wouldn't need to go through all of that hassle. I can simply use my capture device to record me floating around in the shitty photo mode and just freeze frame various shots, hit print screen on my computer, and viola!

Do you only need shots of his head? If so, what angle do you want? Also, do you have a particular pose of his in mind to try to get a shot of?

Kronin

@David Gregg There is no problem, I can post the pictures using my profiles and crediting you if you want (and of course I can do the same for any other people).

More people make listen their voice, more are high the changes for the fulfilling of the requests.

And I was forgetting, great work with your creations like usually! We need exactly of similar works for "Project Revival" ;)

I'd also like to ask that this thread be moved to the DOA5U General Discussion forum, so that it can hopefully gain more attention. @Mr. Wah

I agree, this would be the best thing.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Here my photo set of Tengu's face from various angles: I used his first iconic skin/outfit, the Tatami stage (for the black background) and taken pics from one of the ending pose where it's more easy to get full images of his head. In some pictures the head is not completely visible, but I thought that maybe could be however useful (or easy to rebuild symmetically).

IWlaAar.jpg
3019xT4.jpg
sQoDxdJ.jpg

v3CuacO.jpg

CbYEZDP.jpg

h8j4wWO.jpg
NQ3Wpk5.jpg

ZT10UiH.jpg

Mo1GVu6.jpg

DFtZUw4.jpg

fqKQFCm.jpg

DP1CtD0.jpg

wNrk07T.jpg

OEgIxOq.jpg

NZPo3jG.jpg

If someone could create some renders from this pics would be able to make a great favor to everyone unable to use photoshop (like me...)

PS: Sadly the system for getting photo in DoA4 is what we know, in DoA 5 I would have been able to get pics of his taunts, thing that here it's basically impossible (It's already hard to be able to get these photos at the end of the replays). More, this resolution (831x554) it's the best that it's possible to obtain from the DoA4/DoAX2 photos.

PPS: If are needed different pictures (for example "full body"), it's enough to ask for it and I will try to get them.

Last edited:

Kronin

Sorry for the double post: I posted on twitter and Facebook the pictures of @David Gregg but more efforts are needed (also from me of course)!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...126851554085605&type=1&ref=notif&notif_t=like
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...o.126851554085605&type=1&theater&notif_t=like
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...126851554085605&type=1&ref=notif&notif_t=like

https://twitter.com/Kronin1/status/435055817918652416
https://twitter.com/Kronin1/status/435057103942602752
https://twitter.com/Kronin1/status/435057756140093443

I wanted make an introduction to Project Revival too (if not on the DoA FB page, at least on the FB one about the return of Tengu), but I wasn't sure about what to write...

Kronin

I can try to get some photos of Tengu for you, but I actually wouldn't need to go through all of that hassle. I can simply use my capture device to record me floating around in the shitty photo mode and just freeze frame various shots, hit print screen on my computer, and viola!

Do you only need shots of his head? If so, what angle do you want? Also, do you have a particular pose of his in mind to try to get a shot of?

Forlon I had completely overlooked this post. Well, surely my first priority would be to get pictures of his taunts, things extremely hard with the photo mode of this game. In particular I would love to get the ones where Tengu is laughing with the crossed or is jumping on a feet.

If you could get pictures of Tengu in this poses (not necessarily only the head but also a frontal or three/quarters view of his full body) would be great! :)

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
I don't use twitter but I got no problem retwitting things.

The only reason I made a Twitter account was for Subway's Tengu stuff last year. I haven't used it since then, until I started #Tengu2014.

Forlon I had completely overlooked this post. Well, surely my first priority would be to get pictures of his taunts, things extremely hard with the photo mode of this game. In particular I would love to get the ones where Tengu is laughing with the crossed or is jumping on a feet.

If you could get pictures of Tengu in this poses (not necessarily only the head but also a frontal or three/quarters view of his full body) would be great! :)

I'll see what I can do.

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
Double post, but fuck it.

@EMPEROR_COW, you should post this contest on DOAWorld as well, so we can get as much attention for it as possible.

And @Kronin, I tried getting some screenshots of those two taunts, but alas, the camera function in DOA4 is such garbage that I simply couldn't get anything worth saving.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD