Testing area

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
I created this thread so if someone has an idea but doesn't want to post it per mantle before it's been tested and discussed by other people they can still share and discuss it.

Most of the ideas I have are during work because I have a lot of free time but I can't test them till later on. Right now I'm thinking about Kidarks video where he showed the back roll actually being useful. I want to test what set ups work.

Right now I'm thinking pkk, 2k. I saw that the reason Bayman's mid kick advanced hold worked with the roll was because of the distance he got after the move. I know Bayman rolls after his 2K not as far but maybe far enough

So what I'm testing is 1) does pkk gauruntee a stomp? and 2) is the distance from 2k enough?

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
1) Down 2K is never guaranteed. If they go for a wakeup attack, or just sit there, you'll hit them, but they can tech to avoid it. Even if they don't or can't tech immediately, they can still tech back during the start up of down 2K, making it whiff and leaving you open for punishment.

2) Yes. A successful down 2K grants you enough distance to safely back roll away from any wakeup kicks.

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
1) Down 2K is never guaranteed. If they go for a wakeup attack, or just sit there, you'll hit them, but they can tech to avoid it. Even if they don't or can't tech immediately, they can still tech back during the start up of down 2K, making it whiff and leaving you open for punishment.

i set the computer on recovery and they cant tech before 2k hits seems guaranteed to me

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
i set the computer on recovery and they cant tech before 2k hits seems guaranteed to me

Test it on yourself. Set an AI Bayman to hit you with PKK, down 2K. When he goes for the down 2K, you can tech back then punish him.

The AI doesn't tech back for some reason. They aren't reliable on testing untechable stuff.

KidArk

What's the point of 6PPK in a juggle? It does a bounce, it has done that bounce since 5, but you can't get any cool combos or anything off it. If they don't tech you can get stuff, but I really don't see it reliable to look into other than the fact that you are +10 and up after they tech it. The same for just 8p at the end of a juggle... you can use it on wall splats too.

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
What's the point of 6PPK in a juggle? It does a bounce, it has done that bounce since 5, but you can't get any cool combos or anything off it. If they don't tech you can get stuff, but I really don't see it reliable to look into other than the fact that you are +10 and up after they tech it. The same for just 8p at the end of a juggle... you can use it on wall splats too.

I don't use it for juggles I use it on the ground because hardly anyone ever catches the second k, they either hold high or try to duck which which does them no good. once that second K hits you can either go for the ground slam -> neck snap or turn around -> gaurunteed juggle. And because it's an axe kick he pushes away on block and is safe you can even deceptively land his throws from that distance.

KidArk

Ugh, but you know what I mean right? How it makes them bounce of the ground and looks like something good should be allowed off it? Stupid TN.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD