The Akira Match up Thread

Goro Hazuki

800pxdoa5kasumivsakira.jpg

So it is one thing to get an understanding of Akira's strengths, weaknesses, general strategy, and combos. It is also important to have opponent specific strategies to keep Akira ahead of the game. This thread will be dedicated to understanding what an Akira player should look for in certain opponents. Opponent's strong moves, strings, mix-ups, holds, and other miscellaneous items will be presented here.
The other character threads are a good source of information. This is the thread I need a lot of help with from you guys. Aside from Akira, I main Christie as well, so I can put in a lot of information on her. I also play Tina regularly, so I have a good understanding of her move sets and will share as much as I can with her.
So, Akira players, share with us some info on your other mains/secondaries and how you think they can affect Akira's game.

I reserved the next three posts. 8 rivals per post (7 for the last one) for a total of 23.

Sly Bass

Premium Donor
I play bayman quite a lot too. While I have not played a talented Akira player online as Bayman, I can list the things Bayman could counter my Akira play.

Bayman's Advantages:
1. ~65% of Akira's moves are mid punches. This gives very good odds for his special counter :6::4::h:.
2. Abuses his :6::6::H+P: , Akira will have a lot of trouble getting a move off unless it's the Jab or :6::6::K:.
3. As Bayman, look to keep Akira at a mid/close range the entire fight so that you can get the initial poke stun, and then advance as you've got Akira in the stun locks.
4. Bayman's tank roll is pretty devistating if Akira is on the offensive.

Dat Nyucah

I play bayman quite a lot too. While I have not played a talented Akira player online as Bayman, I can list the things Bayman could counter my Akira play.

Bayman's Advantages:
1. ~65% of Akira's moves are mid punches. This gives very good odds for his special counter :6::4::h:.
2. Abuses his :6::6::H+P: , Akira will have a lot of trouble getting a move off unless it's the Jab or :6::6::K:.
3. As Bayman, look to keep Akira at a mid/close range the entire fight so that you can get the initial poke stun, and then advance as you've got Akira in the stun locks.
4. Bayman's tank roll is pretty devistating if Akira is on the offensive.

For those very reasons, I run away (or zone, same shit) til' I'm forced to grind it out, or abuse max range :3::P+K:, mid kicks, & GBoD. Once the Bayman player is fixated on my Mid Kicks or :3::P+K:, I SPoD. It's quick, solid damage, allows me to go back to keep-away, or force tech to rush down again.

TigerZhang

From observations, I seem to notice that characters like Rachel can sometimes give Akira some trouble, too.

Heck, characters with deceptive tracking moves seem to be a problem as a whole. (Deceptive tracking = moves that VISUALLY look like they're straight/linear, but for some reason have tracking because TN is awesome at logic)

Sly Bass

Premium Donor
From observations, I seem to notice that characters like Rachel can sometimes give Akira some trouble, too.

Heck, characters with deceptive tracking moves seem to be a problem as a whole. (Deceptive tracking = moves that VISUALLY look like they're straight/linear, but for some reason have tracking because TN is awesome at logic)
To find those moves you can either go through a lot of trial and error or go through each character's frame data and make notes. Everyone needs to do that despite who they choose to fight as. Akira has a very hard time against Christie's JAX stance. It gets under tracking mids. Pure bullshit.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD