Hi, I'm pretty new new to Christie and DOA. Over the last week I've played about 100 online games with her to get a feel and have some questions. I'd appreciate any advice!
1) Zack: I've run into a couple guys that seem to spam the rapid low kicks or rapid high kicks. Literally 80-90% of the play is those rapid fire kicks in succession. If I get caught by it and get knocked down he'll move forward and try to catch me with them as I'm waking up. I've gotten a little better at dealing with them, but it is really annoying. Those have so much reach. It makes me feel like I can't do the normal pressure I like as Christie. What's the best way to deal with kick-spamming Zack?
2) Hayabusa: Not as annoying as above, but I've run into some who spam that double flipping overhead kick. Also that teleport, pop in above you move. Plus, that P+K move has a lot of reach. Any tips on handling these moves?
3) Various: There have been a few characters who seem to beat me on the first punch at the start of the fight. I could understand if they held my punch, but I thought Christie had the fastest jab, so I get a little surprised when I eat the first hit. Is it lag? Are there faster characters? Am I doing something wrong? Tips on the first hit would be great.
Hello! Welcome to the Christie Forums ! You've come to the right place. My knowledge of Anti-Zack & Anti-Busa (I know what he does but it's tough to describe it out) tech sucks but here goes.
1) All you can do here is mash 1H to low hold the low kicks or mash 6H to hold the mid kicks. Watch out for free-cancel attempts into his dangerous throw resets. Like Christie, Zack is an offensive beast and thrives on momentum. Christie is still faster than him thanks to her i9 jab so you want to keep him on the defensive as much as possible to stifle any potential momentum he may attempt to generate.
2) If you're talking about H+KKK, just crouch all the hits or actually just block it. It's a negative GB, meaning that you can pressure him after blocking it. For KK, just crouch both hits. For WR H+K, block it then low throw punish. For the Ongyoin Teleport, FreeStepDodge, i.e. side-walk to avoid all follow-ups. P+K is his CB right? Could probably just block it, but it's been a while since I fought Hayabusa.
3) It's lag. Christie indeed has the fastest jab and should never be out-jabbed at R1F. Kasumi, Pai & Phase-4 are faster but still only have an i9 jab.
Anything with walls nearby. (Then again, a lot of people benefit at the Home stage). The Lab is good if you want to get extra damage for baiting 63214t, which is her most damaging throw in open space.Cool, thanks! I'm definitely needing to learn the MUs a lot better.
On the tangent of match-ups, what stages are good for Christie and which are bad (or at least not favorable)? I tend to just go random, but conceptually it'd be good to know when I'm at more or less of an advantage.
Christie has a 33T? =PAwesmic said:Wide open stages and heavyweights aren't favorable, because on top of being more limited in damage potential, you don't have 33T wall throw traps...
*inb4 I get bashed for misinformation*