The DOA5LR Mila General Discussion Thread

Hurricane Rev

This section has been FARRR to quiet the past few Days, Weeks, Months, etc. But seeing how Dead Or Alive 5 Last Round is coming out really soon, I just wanted to make this section active again and I'm really looking forward to seeing what new stuffs Mila has got in Last Round.

Tomorrow, I will be going to London MCM Expo, where they will be showcasing DOA5LR at the event and unlike EGX London, I will have more time with the game and I will let you guys know on what new stuffs mila has got in the new game.

What kind of stuffs are you hoping Mila will receive in Last Round?

Costumes, Move Attacks, Frame Data, Match Ups, Theme Song, etc

It can be Anything!!

JusTheBest29

Jeez... I'm surprised this thread doesn't have more activity.... But on topic, I honestly feel that Mila is pretty good at where she stands now, I don't think she any(or at least not many) changes. That might be just my opinion though...
I want the following moves for Mila

0:56, 1:07,
I think that first move would rather suit either Tina or Lisa more than Mila, and the second shares similarities with Alpha's R.U.S.H

Argentus

Jeez... I'm surprised this thread doesn't have more activity.... But on topic, I honestly feel that Mila is pretty good at where she stands now, I don't think she any(or at least not many) changes. That might be just my opinion though...

I think that first move would rather suit either Tina or Lisa more than Mila, and the second shares similarities with Alpha's R.U.S.H
It also shares similarities with Milas Mount and Maries one where she jumps on you.

JusTheBest29

It also shares similarities with Milas Mount and Maries one where she jumps on you.
True, but Idk I don't really see Mila using a grab such as the one in the video.

I just noticed that Theme Song is in the first post... Well... Mila could definitely use a new theme.

synce

Any new info?

All I want is her to be heavier and some improvements to her TD (either make it faster, positive on break, or bigger damage)

Argentus

I still wish her counter for aerial kicks would lead straight into mount. And mgp would do more damage.

Hurricane Rev

After playing with Mila in DOA5LR at MCM Expo the past weekend, I can safely say that she is pretty much the same character in the newer game. But saying that, She could change completely when Last Round comes out. Her new hairstyle wasn't available to use at the event and her new costume wasn't available either.

I'm hoping we do get to hear some new stuffs on Mila soon but so far, she is looking more or less very solid for Last Round.

JusTheBest29

After playing with Mila in DOA5LR at MCM Expo the past weekend, I can safely say that she is pretty much the same character in the newer game. But saying that, She could change completely when Last Round comes out. Her new hairstyle wasn't available to use at the event and her new costume wasn't available either.

I'm hoping we do get to hear some new stuffs on Mila soon but so far, she is looking more or less very solid for Last Round.
Hmm... so same old same old? I think that's good, she's decently balanced as is imo. But, were there any new moves, feint transitions, or any changes in her frame data that you've noticed or is she completely the same throughout?

Argentus

They gave her two new moves in ultimate...one being just an arbitrary grab but the other, the mgp, is handy.
.I don't care about frame data tweaks, can adjust to that, but I'm curious if she's getting new moves or even more ways to mount.

Hurricane Rev

Hmm... so same old same old? I think that's good, she's decently balanced as is imo. But, were there any new moves, feint transitions, or any changes in her frame data that you've noticed or is she completely the same throughout?

Its pretty much completely the same really. She didn't get any new moves when I was playing with her last week.

They gave her two new moves in ultimate...one being just an arbitrary grab but the other, the mgp, is handy.
.I don't care about frame data tweaks, can adjust to that, but I'm curious if she's getting new moves or even more ways to mount.

Maybe. I think as we get closer to the game, we will start to see some new stuffs for mila

Darth Lotonic X

They should give her that really fast variant of 1P+K after a broken mount back, or at least make her at advantage after it. It used to be a good 50/50, but now you get to play the neutral game with a character who is kinda slow.

XZero264

FSD | Nichol
Premium Donor
Mila is pretty quick. i10 high and i12 mid is still pretty fast for such a high damage character.

GreatDarkHero

This is frame advantage
Premium Donor
Just something to note: 66T~H (TD feint) should provide Mila with a low profile and allow her to utilize a i9 frame mid punch. The punch itself has a similar animation to 1P+K and crushes high hitting moves by itself as well.

synce

She's kinda quick, kinda slow, in other words average heh...

My problem is that most characters can be scary in the right hands, but not Mila. With her old mount frames she had a very good rush down game, but that was stripped away

And I don't really consider her a high damage character since her big CB combos have like 6-8 chances to be broken.

She's very mediocre, which I guess some people would like but I find it boring.

Intelligent Alpha

My problem is that most characters can be scary in the right hands, but not Mila. With her old mount frames she had a very good rush down game, but that was stripped away

And I don't really consider her a high damage character since her big CB combos have like 6-8 chances to be broken.

I don't think she was meant to be dangerous offensively! Yeah, she has her mounted throws, but to me if one can be a genuine counter-whore with her! That is what make her a threatening character. I have a friend who ask me who I thought was he was better with between Hitomi or Mila - and he agreed when I said Mila. He is absolutely no joke against my Alpha and get this: he needn't play the rushdown game either! I don't mind if he does play it, but he's careful since he knows I can get him to back off!

Many don't see her defensive capabilities! I like those Milas more myself, btw!

Argentus

if you just try to focus on combos, sure. But if you remember that she can go into mount from virtually any situation, she's still dangerous as all hell lol. Its just that most people think in terms of juggles/combo setups, not grapples.

a single mount beatdown does what, a quarter damage?

Mid hold punches or kicks>Mount
Low How hold kicks > Mount
Sitdown stun>Mount
QCB Throw>Mount
Knockdown>Mount
Sidestep>Mount
Feint>Mount
Strings>Mount
3T on crouching opponent>Mount
Somersault>Mount
Bait holds>Mount
7K>Mount
4k>Mount (regular, or feint to 3t Mount)
Opponent doesn't techroll>mount
You know opponent will techroll? 7K>Mount
Opponents back to wall>Mount

The list goes on...

Plus a multitude of guaranteed stun setups that quite frankly are just overkill.

Now combine all the above with doing the grapples when an opponent is Holding.

as for her strikes, their simplicity begets versatility.1P+K is one of my favorite moves because its just a quick ducking jab that knocks opponents out of a LOT of stuff. Somersault crushes SO MUCH and sets up Mount.

Mila need not be a rushdown striker lol. She is all about da grapples. And I love her for it.

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD