The making of your console

NightAntilli

The video speaks for itself. Ultimately, we as users need to take responsibility and become aware of what's going on in the world. Even our escapes are having other people be enslaved. Is that how we want to live?

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
considering they're enslaved either way does it really matter? slave labor is still labor and while it absolutely sucks for the people working in those conditions they do so because its better than the alternative of no labor. the conditions arent going to improve by the costumers or few manufactorers that care, but rather by whatever country they're living in getting their shit together.

NightAntilli

Getting their 'shit' together can be kind of hard with the west keeping the countries down, and the west selling weapons to the ones doing the oppression for them, but ok...

I don't understand your comment that 'slave labor is still labor'. Have you ever seen the movie blood diamond? It's basically like that, and worse. In the end, this stuff happens because people like you are apathetic about it. If they know that such practices will cut them off from gaining money, they would no longer do it.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
The most powerful way most of us can make a difference is by making noise. Unfortunately, with social media giving everyone a megaphone, people in a position to make a change are so flooded by non-stop bullshit that everyone is simply drowned out, regardless of what they have to say. We're more connected to everyone than ever before and we're even less impactful. Funny, that.

I may not like what is happening to others in my own country and especially in other parts of the world, but with the current climate the best thing I can do is try to enjoy my own life. Things like this are sobering but really don't do much but make some people feel bad and others laugh or ignore it. Kind of like the whole Blackfish debacle. It hurt Seaworld's bottom line but they're still getting droves of people to visit anyway. Like throwing rocks at a car.

Goarmagon

Standard Donor
The most powerful way most of us can make a difference is by making noise. Unfortunately, with social media giving everyone a megaphone, people in a position to make a change are so flooded by non-stop bullshit that everyone is simply drowned out, regardless of what they have to say. We're more connected to everyone than ever before and we're even less impactful. Funny, that.

I may not like what is happening to others in my own country and especially in other parts of the world, but with the current climate the best thing I can do is try to enjoy my own life. Things like this are sobering but really don't do much but make some people feel bad and others laugh or ignore it. Kind of like the whole Blackfish debacle. It hurt Seaworld's bottom line but they're still getting droves of people to visit anyway. Like throwing rocks at a car.
I'm pretty much on board with you on this. I would like there to be an option to buy a console(or any other piece of electronics) that's made in the first world. It would reduce slave labor and give people jobs but its not going to happen because profit margins.

NightAntilli

It doesn't have to be made in the first world. It needs to be guaranteed to not be participating in such practices. If they are right in the video, that having such a check/guarantee in place will only cost around half a dollar more, I don't see any reason not to support it. It's good to hear that Microsoft is at least heading in this direction. Nintendo is the worst of them.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD