The Marie-Rose Combo & Strategy Thread!

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Forgot to post this:

After the Fatal Rush, you can sort of option select into a throw, a launch, reset, or a bound. Basically, if they break hold, they get thrown. If they don't break hold, you get a launch etc. So you eliminate two situations.

There is still a window of opportunity to late break hold so not 100% safe proof. You can however safe throw to stop BH late holders which is another option.

The double Fatal Rush combo on Hitomi and the 9P - 4P - 9P - 4P is character specific. I haven't tested other characters yet but feel free to let me know which characters it works on besides Hitomi and i'll add it to the description.

shinamouri

Expert high punch hold (67H), expert mid punch hold (64H) and Rondo OH BT OH all guarantee a 4P limbo stun with combo follow-ups. So far the highest damaging combo I've found is 4P limbo - 7K - BT H+K - BT KKK. Tested against a middleweight character (Diego). Is anyone able to find better follow-ups after the 4P limbo stun?

Rondo OH BT OH also guarantees a raw Break Blow, by the way.

EDIT: BT OH, not Rondo OH.

Getting 8 more damage after 4p limbo stun, (78 total). 4p limbo - 6p+k - h+k - 3p - kkk. Works on mid and heavy weights, tested with Diego and Raidou. Timing is tight on middle weight. You'll whiff on a light weight.

KING JAIMY

Getting 8 more damage after 4p limbo stun, (78 total). 4p limbo - 6p+k - h+k - 3p - kkk. Works on mid and heavy weights, tested with Diego and Raidou. Timing is tight on middle weight. You'll whiff on a light weight.
Unfortunately they're able to hold out of this setup.

shinamouri

Expert high punch hold (67H), expert mid punch hold (64H) and Rondo OH BT OH all guarantee a 4P limbo stun with combo follow-ups. So far the highest damaging combo I've found is 4P limbo - 7K - BT H+K - BT KKK. Tested against a middleweight character (Diego). Is anyone able to find better follow-ups after the 4P limbo stun?

Rondo OH BT OH also guarantees a raw Break Blow, by the way.

EDIT: BT OH, not Rondo OH.

I couldn't get the computer to counter this one, but some of my options are grayed out still. After 4p limbo stun, 64p - 66k - 7k - h+k - kkk

KING JAIMY

That is just the CPU timing their holds incorrectly. A human player can most definitely hold at multiple points during that combo.

WAZAAAAA

Marie Rose has a wall throw with so much frame advantage (+52) that you can free step all the way to the back of your opponent and attempt unblockable BT setups. Her 8P+KP+K in particular is pretty good for it because it's a mid with many active frames and long range.

INPUTS: wall 5T, 9, 8P+KP+K

The outcome is pretty unpredictable due to the manual timing, many body sizes, multiple wakeup options, but it's pretty consistent versus opponents who neutral wake up.

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD