the second hit of 7pp whiffing on opponents in their idle animation

Camel with 2 thumbs

Was messing around in training with nyo and discovered some really weird stuff with her 7pp move,after hitting my opponent with a counter hit 2pp and following up with 7pp, the second p of 7pp will completely whiff or not connect on certain characters if they are just standing there. having gone through the whole cast the second p will whiff/not connect on nyo herself, tina, marie rose, mila, lisa, jann lee and alpha 152.

Not that this has any practical application, but it's just really friggin werid, is there something about these characters' idle stances that allows this? does 7pp have just have really bad priority? is it just a hitbox issue? i dunno.

Giving it some thought i think it has something to do with the active frames, since 7pp only has 5 active frames (which is odd considering how much animation that move has), but even so why would it hit on some characters and not others? mind this only seems to happen when the character is hit with a counter hit 2pp, which creates ALOT of space between you and your opponent. so maybe the lesson learnt here is

specific character hurtbox + active frames + spacing = this weirdness

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD